Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,457 members, 7,853,995 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition (2736 Views)

"Igboho Is Not Our Freedom Fighter" - Southern Youths Reject Igboho / Sunday Igboho's Extradition Hearing Holds Today (Pictures) / Benin Republic Shuns Buhari's Request For Igboho's Extradition - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Lagosfinder(m): 11:30am On Jul 20, 2021
Bodmas06:
Benin Republic may reject the extradition of arrested Yoruba Nation Agitator Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho, The Nation has learnt.

The Nation has reported Igboho was arrested at an airport in Cotonou on Monday night while attempting to flee to Germany.

Leader of the umbrella body of Yoruba self-determination groups, Ilana Omo Oodua (IOO), Professor Emeritus Banji Akintoye, confirmed to The Nation Yoruba Patriots are working hard to provide assistance for Ighoho towards preventing his extradition to Nigeria because “Benin Republic is a land that respects the rules of law”.

He called on all Yoruba people within and beyond the shores of Nigeria to ensure their ancestral land is not defeated by invaders.

“I received last night the troubling information that Chief Sunday Adeyemo fondly called Igboho had been arrested at the Cotonou Airport.

“I and other Yoruba Patriots who are immediately available are now working to provide the assistance necessary to ensure that nobody will be able to do to him anything unlawful or primitive and to prevent him from being extradited into Nigeria which is strongly possible.
“Fortunately, Benin Republic is reliably a land of law where the authorities responsibly obey the law. We have secured the services of a leading and highly respected lawyer whom we can confidently rely on.

“What the situation now calls for is that the Yoruba nation at home and in Diapora must stand strong, resolved that neither Sunday Igboho nor any other Yoruba person will henceforth be subjected to inhuman or dehumanising treatment of any kind.
“We Yoruba nation are, by the grace of God, a very strong nation. We must arise now to show that strength.

“For a start, we must all see to it now that Sunday Ighoho will get his freedom back so as to be able to move and operate as a free person. We all know he has committed no crime.”

He added: “We know that some people are trying to suppress or even eliminate him only because he stood up to defend his kinsmen, women and children who are being massively killed and raped in their ancestral home Land; who are having their assets and means of livelihood destroyed, and who are facing ethnic cleansing and even genocide without having the benefit of protection by the rulers of their country.

“We know, furthermore, that for the protection of his people who are being brutalised, he has joined hands with many of his brethren to take the legally-appropriate step, namely to seek the intervention of the International Criminal Court.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-benin-republic-may-reject-igbohos-extradition/

Let's watch
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by tunjiajayi: 11:31am On Jul 20, 2021
Story, lies and propaganda, Una dey copy ipob ni?
grin
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:32am On Jul 20, 2021
FakeUnity:
Bad news for the abokey vulture griller. grin

It SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH THAT GUY
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Samunique(m): 11:32am On Jul 20, 2021
Emergingnation:
Benin republic are siblings to the Yoruba's,

You don't expect them to hand over their Nigeria sibling to the Fulani government ...
You couldn't be more right.
I'm an egba man, and I know the relationship between the eguns ( Beninuas ) and the yorubas, most especially the egbas .

So they should use their head .

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by UncleKoboko: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2021
Good.
Buharî the SENILE VEGETABLE old fool is calling for war and he'll definitely get it.

Today being Sallah day, most people will be feeding the people whose people are making the country miserable... Born to rule to destroy people.

EVEN AS A MUSLIM, I WILL NEVER feed people who mostly have stolen and own the most oil blocs in Nigeria yet no single refinery is functional. And everyone now has to wait for a single man to complete building his own. So what are we now paying taxes for?
The government is barely doing anything.
Nigerians most provide everything for themselves.
Want good Power - you buy generator
Want good education - go to private schools
Want shelter - Build a house
Want good water - dig a borehole
Want security - provide one for yourself etc.

These people are:
Most corrupt
Most in government
Most useless
Richest and yet most wretched.

Why can't their own rich people and useless politicians feed and take care of them?

Why are they always coming down to the South (Lagos, Ọyọ, Ogun port Harcourt etc) to beg?

Some, many of their few rich fools will start to flaunt and post sallah pictures in their ill-gotten wealth to show off, while more than their other 90% rest population go about to the street to beg for halms and constitute nuisance.
Very USELESS PARASITIC savage animals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by FakeUnity: 11:33am On Jul 20, 2021
SheikhMuniru:

It SHALL NEVEE BE WELL WITH THAT GUT

That mugu don collect swear tire pass police people. I pity him. grin
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Sammy07: 11:34am On Jul 20, 2021
Emergingnation:

You don't expect them to hand over their Nigeria sibling to the Fulani government ...
Samunique:
I'm an egba man, and I know the relationship between the eguns ( Beninuas ) and the yorubas, most especially the egbas .

So they use their head .

Are they in the same country with the same laws?

Abeq, Laws of a country is superior to everyone talk less of a tribe or people

Nah for 9ja tribe dey superior to law (e.g Fulanis)

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Kyase(m): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2021
tunjiajayi:
Story, lies and propaganda, Una dey copy ipob ni?
grin
The nation news paper grin
Dem don the copy Biafran vanguard

Benin won’t mess up with Nigeria sha
We’ll place an economic sanctions on them
Cut our electricity and asked them to pay in full what they owe
Then kidnap him back to Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by SheikhMuniru(m): 11:36am On Jul 20, 2021
FakeUnity:

That mugu don collect swear tire pass police people. I pity him. grin

God will disgrace him, his likes and their generation
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by NLPoliceWoman: 11:43am On Jul 20, 2021
RTR
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Tinubuadvocate: 11:44am On Jul 20, 2021
Not even only that I believe that he don't apply sense in his movement he adopted same method kanu used that led to his destruction.if not because of professor that is guiding him he could have gone more violently than this.
Sammy07:

No, Igboho mistake was insulting Elders, Governors and Traditional rules of Yoruba Land.
E be like say him no know history.

Why,do you think the Southern governors asked the securities that they should request for their permission b4 carrying out any military operation / activities in South.

If he was Arrested in Southern Nigeria, He might be lucky to be saved (by the same southern governors and traditionals he insulted)

But he wasn't arrested in Southern Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Samunique(m): 11:46am On Jul 20, 2021
Sammy07:

Are they in the same country with the same laws?

Abeq, Laws of a country is superior to everyone talk less of a tribe or people

Nah for 9ja tribe dey superior to law (e.g Fulanis)
Stop ranting Bros, it's to early to be sad because of Igboho.

What we are discussing here is extradition to Nigeria, not their local law. If he breaks their emigration law while trying to escape, he should be tried.
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by seborrhic: 11:47am On Jul 20, 2021
Ademola47:
The Nigerian political atmosphere will be lively this week.

For the extradition, I doubt if it'll be possible. Benin Republic has quite a large number of Yoruba's as citizens, and are still like kinsmen. Historically, they were neighbours to the Egba people in Abeokuta before the discord (Dahomey war). In short, they'll like to 'be their brother's keeper'
They find themselves at the crossroads.
Not extradite Igboho and possibly get the borders closed and any form of import/export banned and even movement of persons banned because this government has shown that it's cluelessness and incompetence can also come in form of actions taken by a demented president/presidency or;or extradite him and feel the economic and social wrath of Yorubas both in Benin Republic and diaspora;with protests/blockade of embassies,etc.
I am tempted to believe the Yorubas would do better what IPOB has failed to do:demarket Kenya using the social media and foot soldiers.Kenya gets a lot of revenue from tourism;IPOB should for eg,have started a mass social media and foot soldiers campaign to warn western Europeans of the kind of government and dangers these people may face in Kenya.Even if not totally true,but I bet some foreigners may have a change of heart coming to Kenya for holidays or tourism because of that negative campaign on its government and the fear of possible insecurity caused by the campaigns by IPOB.
The Yorubas,if they unite behind Igboho may do better in that regard and Benin would feel the heat iyf their anger/campaign.
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Sammy07: 11:48am On Jul 20, 2021
Samunique:
Stop ranting Bros, it's to early to be sad because of Igboho.

What we are discussing here is extradition to Nigeria, not their local law. If he breaks their emigration law while trying to escape, he should be tried.

You didn't made mention of Extradition to Nigeria when you agreed to the guy I quoted

Why u con change mouth? undecided
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by IvarDboneless: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2021
When the pressure and threat of withdrawing its electricity and other aids to benin republic starts setting in...no be person go tell them to release am...hands crossed.
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Charmingrascal(m): 11:49am On Jul 20, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique Justwise.
Rule 2

Let me help you
Seun Mynd44 Dominique and who again
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Christistruth00: 11:50am On Jul 20, 2021
In all Humility part of Benin Republic is Yorubaland and Yorubas still have enough Political influence there to prevent Igboho from being extradited to Nigeria
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Christistruth00: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2021
Emergingnation:

Benin Republic and Yorubas Na the Same Papa and Mama Born Dem. Igboho is home and dry
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by mancoconut: 11:55am On Jul 20, 2021
Christistruth00:

Benin Republic and Yorubas Na the Same Mama and Papa Born Dem. Igboho is home and dry

Your eyes go finally open when Igboho gets paraded by DSS in Nigeria, you think Benin republic will want to risk a diplomatic row with Nigeria because they are related to yorubas? stop been a clown.
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Christistruth00: 11:57am On Jul 20, 2021
mancoconut:

Your eyes go finally open when Igboho gets paraded by DSS in Nigeria, you think Benin republic will want to risk a diplomatic row with Nigeria because they are related to yorubas? stop been a clown.

Benin Republic have more regard for their Yoruba brothers than Nigeria

Even the non Yoruba tribes are our first Cousins and share ancestry with Yorubas

In Nigeria Yorubas protect the interest of Benin Republic

and in Benin Republic they return the favour

Take it to the bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Grace001: 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
And we are still faking one Nigeria... One Nigeria my asś

People are not patriotic anymore, they are just keeping it cool by force of the barrel of guns.

A country like Nigeria can never know peace or progress. Take it or leave it
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Christistruth00: 12:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
Samunique:

So they should use their head .

Igboho is home and dry. Thank God

Benin Republic will not hand him over

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by mancoconut: 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2021
Christistruth00:

Benin Republic have more regard for their Yoruba brothers than Nigeria

Even the non Yoruba tribes are our first Cousins and share ancestry with Yorubas

In Nigeria Yorubas protect the interest of Benin Republic

and in Benin Republic they return the favour

Take it to the bank

Lmfaooooo self-consolation is allowed, you will soon find out the HARSH way that Benin republic no send your forced relationship when they extradite Igboho's arse across the border to eat his cold beans in DSS custody grin
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Christistruth00: 12:15pm On Jul 20, 2021
funkekemi:
Lol Yoruba people and double standards , see the way all of them are praying igboho doesn't get extradited but wants nnamdi kanu To be killed in detention .you won't see mynd44 quoting the part of constitution that will put igboho away for years but if it's nnamdi kanu matter now this thread will reach 5 pages inn10 minutes.much as I support anything that will bring the zoo to its kneels , I can't console a pretentious friendenemy

Nnamdi Kanu goofed big time when he started murdering Police
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by Christistruth00: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2021
mancoconut:

Lmfaooooo self-consolation is allowed, you will soon find out the HARSH way that Benin republic no send your forced relationship when they extradite Igboho's arse across the border to eat his cold beans in DSS custody grin

Ok just watch

When it is time you will hear “ We told you so”
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by KILLTHECOWS(f): 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
The south are busy handing over their own.
While in the north,it is audeo death, scholarships and repentance.....
And we are in the same country....
Re: BREAKING: Benin Republic May Reject Igboho’s Extradition by SheikhMuniru(m): 7:50am On Jul 21, 2021
NLPoliceWoman:

Se.un My.nd44 Domi.nique Justw.ise.
Rule 2

You too self no well at all

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Style Men Of The Nigeria Police Now Use in Extortion (My Experience) / Why Are Nigerian Cities That Never Experienced The Civil War Underdeveloped? / BREAKING: Academic Record: Resign Now, You Have Become A National Èmbarrassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.