Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War (1583 Views)

Many Things Our Young Readers Ignore About The Biafra Civil War / Ijaw Side Of The Biafra-nigeria Conflict-must WATCH!!! / Asari Dokubo Forms His Own Wing Of The BIAFRA Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Localemperor: 4:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
It is purely for academic purposes and nothing more...

I try downloading but the sites are asking huge fees. And if you know a site I can download freely, pls refer... Thanks.

And also books written on the various coup..

Thanks
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Hezzyluv: 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2021
U wan become another agitator cheesy
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Localemperor: 4:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hezzyluv:
I seek knowledge and more over I need books from both divide..

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Hezzyluv: 4:20pm On Jul 20, 2021
Localemperor:
I seek knowledge and more over I need books from both divide..

Search for it on net
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Gentlerespect76: 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
Lol

In your eyes now he is a potential agitator; you must now plot how to arrest him the way you arrested MNK and Igboho grin grin? I know you na DSS.

Hezzyluv:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by theTranscriber: 4:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
There was a country Chinua Achebe (this one is skewed to favour Biafra)

Search Frederick Forsyth

Best free websites
https://zlib.org
https://pdfdrive.com

Thank me later

Localemperor
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Plomo: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2021
•There was a country - Chinua Achebe
•Nigeria’s soldiers of fortune - Max Siollun
•Nigeria’s military coup culture(1966-1976) - Max Siollun
•Formation: The making of Nigeria from jihad to almagamation - Fola Fagbule

Start with these and you’ll understand why the north never wants a southerner, be it igbo or yoruba, in power. Understand why the northern policy makers scrapped the teaching of history and understand why gowon was a war criminal who oversaw genocide in a region.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by flokii: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
Go to any bookstore around you, you'll find plenty books on the Nigerian civil war.
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Localemperor: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2021
Hezzyluv:

Search for it on net
there is always a cost attached
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Localemperor: 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
theTranscriber:

Search Frederick Forsyth

Best free websites

Thank me later

Localemperor
this was helpful... Thanks
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by flokii: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
Plomo:

Start with these and you’ll understand why the north never wants a southerner, be it igbo or yoruba, in power. Understand why the northern policy makers scrapped the teaching of history and understand why gowon was a war criminal who oversaw genocide in a region.

You forgot to add how Igbos switched from enthroning North to organizing the first bloody Military coup that killed all Northern leaders and military officers, including Southerners from the West and Niger Delta region except the Igbos.

You forgot how Igbos spearheaded the death of regional government in Nigeria, with the likes of Ironsi, Azikiwe and co.

Maybe you should tell the OP how Igbos declared war on the Niger Delta for declaring their own republic and how Ojukwu went full force on them killing Adaka Boro's soldiers and even purchased a back door death sentence on Adaka Boro whose saving grace was the counter coup that killed Ironsi in barely six months after he took over.

The people of Niger Delta will never forget and I don't think they can forgive the Igbos for that.

History is good, it helps you to know where you're coming from and how to handle dicey situations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by theTranscriber: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2021
Localemperor:
this was helpful... Thanks
welcome smiley wink
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by theTranscriber: 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
flokii:

You forgot to add how Igbos switched from enthroning North to organizing the first bloody Military coup that killed all Northern leaders and military officers, including Southerners from the West and Niger Delta region except the Igbos.

You forgot how Igbos spearheaded the death of regional government in Nigeria, with the likes of Ironsi, Azikiwe and co.

Maybe you should tell the OP how Igbos declared war on the Niger Delta for declaring their own republic, how Ojukwu went full force on them killing Adaka Boro's soldiers and purchased a back door Death sentence on Adaka Boro whose saving grace was the counter coup that killed Ironsi in barely six months after he took over.

The people of Niger Delta will never forget and I don't think they can forgive the Igbos for that.

History is good, it helps you to know where you're coming from amd how to handle dicey situations.
Igbos blame everyone else but themselves

BKayy:

In other words, Igbos should blame themselves and absolve those that caused the problems.
No, they are not that foolish
if you can give me 15 posts where you blame yourselves
I would show you hundreds of where you blame others
If you show me 5 posts that you yourself blame igbos
I would deactivate grin

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by CalmElder(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
My command - Olusegun Obasanjo
Emeka - Frederick Forsythe
Reminiscences - David Ejoor
The man died - Wole Soyinka
There was a country - Chinua Achebe

For events leading to the war, read

The 5 majors (why we struck) - Wale Ademoyega
Nzeogwu - Olusegun Obasanjo

Modified:
Please try every possible means to read Sunset in Biafra by Elechi Amadi.
There's a book by the title,
The 5 majors, why THEY struck written by a northerner.
All the books will give you a better perspective and sentiments of that time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Plomo: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2021
flokii:

Maybe you should tell the OP how Igbos declared war on the Niger Delta for declaring their own republic and how Ojukwu went full force on them killing Adaka Boro's soldiers and even purchased a back door death sentence on Adaka Boro whose saving grace was the counter coup that killed Ironsi in barely six months after he took over.

History is good, it helps you to know where you're coming from and how to handle dicey situations.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Everyone is also entitled to seek out knowledge.

To plant this very seed of falsehood in their progeny was one of the many reasons teaching history was scrapped.

@op, seek out knowledge for yourself. That’s all.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Sakamaje: 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2021
'The Tragedy of Victory' by Alabi-Isama is also very good, detailed, and informative. It's probably the only book on the subject matter with the most pictures from that era and the conflict.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by flokii: 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2021
Plomo:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Everyone is also entitled to seek out knowledge.

To plant this very seed of falsehood in their progeny was one of the many reasons teaching history was scrapped.

@op, seek out knowledge for yourself. That’s all.

Agreed!
Those who seek knowledge should find out the truth from several accounts of the war and not one-sided stories of victimization.

I'm of the opinion that scrapping history from schools is a sinister move to suppress the truth that most of us were privy to.

For the records, the same man Ojukwu declared war on and dehumanized; Adaka Boro led the Federal troops through the creeks (as per Niger Deltan) to clear off biafran forces. It's fair play if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Conrod: 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2021
And to cap it all,read ON A DARKLING PLAIN, a book by ken saro wiwa,a controversial book written by a man filled with hatred for anything igbo,yet in need of spiritual redemption and exorcism.
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by ablejesus26(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
theTranscriber:

Search Frederick Forsyth

Best free websites

Thank me later

Chinua Achebe's book was not skewed or patterned to favor any Side , he only gave an account of his experience.
Localemperor
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by 2023NaijaVoter: 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2021
Localemperor:

I try downloading but the sites are asking huge fees. And if you know a site I can download freely, pls refer... Thanks.

Thanks

a few decent free documentaries for your knowledge quest.

A History of Nigeria by Jide Olanrewaju Naij - (An Actualize Production)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgrVHrTvxC8

An Honest Explanation of the Nigerian Civil War | The Biafran Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JCvIvb8PpY

Nigeria vs Biafra Biafra Civil War Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsw73M553Ww
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by theTranscriber: 5:15pm On Jul 20, 2021
ablejesus26:
Chinua Achebe's book was not skewed or patterned to favor any Side , he only gave an account of his experience.
keep decieving yourself

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by ablejesus26(m): 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
keep decieving yourself

Keep decieving yourself.
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
Localemperor:

Thanks

Go get the Tragedy of Victory by Alabi Isama.

He was one of the leading commanders of the Nigerian army at the forefront of the war.

His book is totally detailed and with hundreds of pictures and fully unbiased.

You can thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by theTranscriber: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
ablejesus26:

Keep decieving yourself.
a man that was basically a propaganda machine for Biafra
Will write a book that is not skewed to favour Biafra grin
Is like Saying cows eat crude oil grin
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 20, 2021
Plomo:

I'll advise you not to read There Was A Country by Chinua Achebe.

It was written by a man who was the head of the propaganda machine of the Biafran side.

That book is anything but objective.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by Perfectbeing(m): 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
That story of government scrapping history from secondary schools is stale in this internet age. We are in the age where almost everything can be gotten from the internet. Many of us here knows about WW1 and 2, the history of america and her civil war, the Roman and Greece empire, the Byzantine empire, Napoleon the great. All these weren't taught in our schools yet we know them.. I know a lot of things about Nigeria history and I wasn't taught in secondary school.. I searched the internet, watched YouTube videos.

Nigeria youths should goan read about their history and stop blaming those old men but themselves. The fact you have a useless father is not an excuse to be useless in life.. Read.. Read... Read...

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by BKayy: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
In other words, Igbos should blame themselves and absolve those that caused the problems.
No, they are not that foolish
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by BKayy: 5:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
theTranscriber:

if you can give me 15 posts where you blame yourselves
I would show you hundreds of where you blame others
If you show me 5 posts that you yourself blame igbos
I would deactivate grin
So you can't read properly.
Like you expect Ndigbo to leave the case of their problems and start blaming themselves because one Aboki said so?
Which people do you think you are talking to? Fools?
Oga, you think you can use the brain of great Ndigbo of all people?
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by theTranscriber: 5:52pm On Jul 20, 2021
BKayy:

So you can't read properly.
Like you expect Ndigbo to leave the case of their problems and start blaming themselves because one Aboki said so?
Which people do you think you are talking to? Fools?
Oga, you think you can use the brain of great Ndigbo of all people?
Baba
Shut up undecided

YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEMS

take responsibility and stop whining like a child cheesy grin
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by BKayy: 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
theTranscriber:

Baba
Shut up undecided

YOU ARE THE CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEMS

take responsibility and stop whining like a child cheesy grin
Come and make me nah.
One funny thing is that we are better than you can ever be in next 500 years just that we want better
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by theTranscriber: 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
BKayy:

Come and make me nah.

One funny thing is that we are better than you can ever be in next 500 years just that we want better
lol
Jokes cheesy grin
Better than Yoruba? cheesy grin
Check my profile pic shocked grin
Re: Who Can Help Me With Books On The Biafra Civil War by BKayy: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
lol
Jokes cheesy grin
Better than Yoruba? cheesy grin
Check my profile pic shocked grin
You know it is futile arguing the truth. We are the tribe you people wish to be but can never be

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Is The Most Useless Opposition Party In Nigeria / Sit-At-Home/Economy: Igbos Complain Massively On Twitter / Reply To Soludo Should Return Bakassi Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.