Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? (22340 Views)

A School Which Gives Bsc In Three Session. Is JPTS A Scam Or Legit? / LASG Feeds 11,811 Pupils, Begins Five-day School Meal Pilot Phase / Is Boarding School Better Than Day School? What Are The Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by afroxyz: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
Cousin9999:

Again, you're spouting pure nonsense.

Considering that you don't even have points to back up your 'sensible' arguments, other than your sentimental attachment to keeping people stunted in childhood, i really wonder who is spouting nonsense.

Anyway people who live in a fool's paradise are always paid with a reality check. Peace
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Bigredmachine: 2:57pm On Jul 21, 2021
Emeka71:
You're right.

The best friends i have today and will have forever are from boarding school, what makes mine so special was that every student was mandated to boarding school and it was all boys, we all stayed as families and the fun was top notch (11 years ago) ...

though i agree with those who think the system is now bad and filled with corrupt teachers... even me no go try am send my pikin go boarding school for this country that has not security

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by thinksquad(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
Boarding maybe for the boys but never the girls .
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Twoclans(f): 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
dingbang:
coming to kd

Asking or informing?
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
No child of my will go to boarding school in Nigeria
Never! Never! Never!

1 Like

Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by vanvino(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Calm down the world is not as bad as you make it seem undecided
boarding was the best thing that happened to me.. It was through the boarding school that i learnt alot and became a better person..
When you say boarding school was the best, you sound like you also experienced day school at that age. Someone made a decision for you with out alternative, in which you adjust yourself to feel okay with Unknown to you what you missed, What made it the best
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by 3idiots: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2021
Iyasaburi:

Why, was your experience that bad?

Not really, but if not for home training and personal principles, I know as bad as it could be.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Sapiosexuality(m): 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
I went to both. I hate boarding school with every fibre of my being. I hate it with every drop of my blood, every drop of my sweat and every inch of my thoughts. A very nasty place to be. Yuk!
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by blackboy(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2021
I went to boarding school Lagos. State missionary. I have cousins who went to FG boarding house. Lets look at of recent. Big and expensive boarding houses Deeper Life High School PH and Premier Academy Lugbe. If you open your eyes well in boarding house you will know that all sorts of vices takes place. I was in it from jss2 to ss3 and i know all the baddest things that took place after lights out or at corners. Forced blow jobs in the open. A goat there!!! They no born a junior not to come running. Forced into homosexual acts. Imorality etc. Im taliking from experience and hear say
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by OPTOSUN(m): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
I went to both. I hate boarding school with every fibre of my being. I hate it with every drop of my blood, every drop of my sweat and every inch of my thoughts. A very nasty place to be. Yuk!
Hmm
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by zedegit: 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
OPTOSUN:
In boarding school, students live in the school premises and go to class from their hostels while day school students go to school from their parent houses.
Which one do you prefer and why?

Day school. That way I get to see my child and monitor any changes.

Boarding school don cast. Maggots and gays have taken over dormitories
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by zedegit: 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
OPTOSUN:
In boarding school, students live in the school premises and go to class from their hostels while day school students go to school from their parent houses.
Which one do you prefer and why?

Day school. That way I get to see my child and monitor any changes.

Boarding school don cast. Maggots and fagg0ts have taken over dormitories
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by SUPERPACK: 4:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
BlackSan:

Listen to yourself dude
One guardian per student, does that make sense to you? How many teachers are in the school? or are you implying people are hired just to act as guardians for kids?
Gawd...
Go back to my post and show me where I said one student = one guardian. I said each student has a guardian but a guardian can have 10 or more students to take care of. If you still wish to argue based on a misjudged statement, please let us just agree to disagree.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by silibaba: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2021
tumababa:

So day students don't have lesbians and gay?
sure they have, but since they are day student, you as a parent can notice it easily than their teachers.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by XXXXTENTACION: 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
vanvino:
When you say boarding school was the best, you sound like you also experienced day school at that age. Someone made a decision for you with out alternative, in which you adjust yourself to feel okay with Unknown to you what you missed, What made it the best
Primary school was day nothing to fuss about undecided
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Moutine(m): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
Both ... Based on
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:
sure they have, but since they are day student, you as a parent can notice it easily than their teachers.

Mixed Secondary schools with boarding facilities is ok.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Iyasaburi: 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
Boarding school or day school a spoilt child will still be spoilt undecided

True, I can't agree less.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by HajiaNotu: 5:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
Citygal:

Walahi, my thought too.

One thing I wished for even up till now, is that I went to a boarding secondary school which I never did.

The sense of independence, the sharpness, the academic excellence, the street smartness, the desire to learn many profiting skills, these are the characters one must definitely learn when they go through boarding schools, especially secondary school.

I personally have not seen anyone who went through boarding school and is not smarter or cleaner or ‘ more up and doing’ than me.

Boarding school it is biko, even if we are living in the abroad.

Modified

Train your child in the way he should go so that when he grows he will not depart from it. If you discipline your child in the 1st 10 years of his life with you at home, I can bet he will not depart from it when he goes to boarding secondary. IMO!
I concur with this post 100%.
I never attended boarding school but I envy those who did.

They are street smart like you said..and they also know how to relate with people to get their way.
Punctuality is another jet factor that they possess..
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Pharaohny: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
silibaba:
that was then. you attended boarding when there was still a little bit of sanity in the world.

take what I say or jump and pass

the world today is something else now my brother. boarding school is a no for me now from information I have been getting from people with experiences.

how would you bring a child to this world and want someone else to train him or her for you? you have failed that child already.

Your own no go spoil
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by dingbang(m): 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
Twoclans:

Asking or informing?
informing
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by sammyKCC(m): 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2021
I wouldnt send my kids to boarding sch. I want to be actively involve in their formative decision-making stage. At secondary sch age, teenage exuberance sets in for most kids and i would prefer to be around to observe and guide them through that phase of their live.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Laideabdulahi: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
OPTOSUN:
I prefer day school
Boarding school students always lack home training. No proper teaching and cultural practice from their parents. Most of them won't know how to cook.

Guy, your comment almost caused me my sight
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by themanderon: 7:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
With all the evils going on these days its day school for me. You can easily monitor any behavioral changes in you wards and act immediately to nip it in the bud. With boarding schools this may not be possible as the child might have gone beyond the stage where this anomaly may be corrected before coming back home to you. Another thing is that your ward may be friends with people of questionable background and mixing with these strange people can bring about some undesired traits which maybe difficult to stop. These is also the small issue of homosexuality which has been shown to be very rampant amongst boarders and also sexual harassment by teachers and their fellow learners. In general with what is obtainable with kids these days sending them to boarding schools is a very big risk that one may not be willing to take. In most cases they go as innocent well behaved kids and sometimes return as monsters. I also see boarding schools as a way parents jettisoning their responsibility of child upbringing to others.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by vatsa101(m): 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2021
Person were no go boarding school miss oooo
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by Brightstar10: 8:43pm On Jul 21, 2021
Boarding school is the best, it teaches you real life skills, independence, survival without parents and helps you to discover your numerous potentials.
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by MrHealth(m): 12:55am On Jul 22, 2021
I was once a teacher in a Missionary Boarding School somewhere in the South West.

It was an experience.

As for the students, they really get so lonely.

Their loneliness tend to make them clingy to teachers in most cases. Don't be surprised when the little Jss1 and Jss2 students start showing you affection and start calling you their Daddy grin

It's kinda weird undecided

As for the Senior boys and girls...hmmm. I rest my case.

My advice would be if you know you already have a child with a wayward trait in him or her, please don't put him or her in any boarding school. It's for ur own good.

Let the child go from home until he or she reaches 18 and enters University. By then, the child is no longer a Minor. The law will be on their head.

Some parents fail to train up their children well yet will foolishly decide to send them to boarding school at 11yrs so the teachers can do the work. I just laugh. You are worsing your headache.

If u know how little these so called schools now pay teachers even after you pay ur huge fees, you won't try it. Teachers are now wiser.

That's my 2 Kobo
Re: Boarding School Vs Day School: Which Is Better? by olamakinde(m): 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2021
Twoclans:
The biggest risk involved in any boarding school in Nigeria (especially volatile areas)for now is kidnapping.

I went to a boarding school and honestly i appreciate my parents for that decision.

the reason why you became a spoilt child

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

15-year-Old Nigerian Secures Admission In Harvard / LASU Lecturers Protest Against Olanrewaju Fagbohun, The Vice Chancellor (Photos) / The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.