Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast (32723 Views)

Tokyo 2020: Nigeria’s First Olympics Gymnast, Uche Eke Crashes Out / Samantha Cerio: Gymnast Breaks Her Legs During Competition (Photos) / Jade Faulkner, Nigerian Gymnast At The Commonwealth Games. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by TimmyTen(m): 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2021
Igbo Amaka all the way …making us proud since 1842

2 Likes

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Ashirioluwa: 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
Chrisdoit:
Wow finally someone is representing

He doesn’t have a choice than to represent Nigeria because he won’t qualify to represent US.

1 Like

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by ReachRich(m): 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
He is from Igbere my hometown. Boy go get the gold!

5 Likes

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by decasey(m): 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
From the south. Every making Nigeria proud our this country are all from the south.
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by mightyhaze: 7:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
Nigerians that have been emigrating to the United States since time immemorial should keep it up, please.

You guys, through your progenies, gave us world-class male and female basketball teams and now, our first Olympic gymnast.

The emigration to the states should not stop, please.
while your own is to vote in brain dead vagabonds because of ethnic sentiments.. shey Nigeria dey forbid to be like America

2 Likes

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Jaqenhghar: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
oyeelams:
He will bring us gold guys cool
If he could win gold he will be representing the US.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by seangy4konji: 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
Buhari wont like this...

The bastard can train his children to top schools in the UK but wont pay see to ASUU strike issues since they dont want to be cattle rearers or bandits...

Unless you want to be unfortunate in life...If you are really determined and focus/??Just get out of this country first an you will see that you are not a failure...
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
CoolUsername:
If this nigga steals my girl, I won't even vex.
you're pathetic undecided
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by ZahavQ(f): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kudos to you brother!
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Ishilove: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dreams do come true!
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by shopnimini: 7:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
obonujoker:
Nigeria- the dream killer sometimes

Every time bro sad
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 7:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
mightyhaze:
while your own is to vote in brain dead vagabonds because of ethnic sentiments.. shey Nigeria dey forbid to be like America

Werey! grin grin grin
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Bukasint(f): 8:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Where is our Quota system ?....we know thise who have been disgracing us since time onset...they prefer to be at the forest..... Forest and be cooking up unimaginable evil...
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Okudiover(m): 8:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
Dot amaka! grin
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by yommen: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2021
MadamVanessa:
So only people a uselessss idiot called "Dot in a circle" represent the zoo , no quota system people, their concern is more on cows.

Seriously I feel for the Ibos. They contribute a lot to the name Nigeria and the Fulani man who contributes nothing to the country could open his mouth and call them 'a dot in circle'. !!!

1 Like

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by lereinter(m): 8:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Just want to go Olympic
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by mancoconut: 9:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Activist001:
Wonderful. Igbos continually making Naija proud. cool
cool
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Germi9: 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2021
vickydankal:
Igbos everywhere making Nigeria proud.
Vise-visa,they contribute either way and that’s why aint going nowhere
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by CSTRR: 9:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
angelfallz:
Sometimes in a bid to complain about Nigeria we make silly statements.

In the Olympics each country picks the sports that they're good in or the sport in which they're likely to win gold.
Naturally, Nigerians, Africans and blacks in general are not interested in gymnastics. It's only very few blacks that do gymnastics.
Do you think it is a coincidence that you have more blacks doing 100m race?
Do you think it is a coincidence that you have more whites doing swimming?

The sports that we're good in like football, basketball, table tennis, running, boxing, long jump are not even getting much attention, you're now talking about sports that we don't even engage in.

There is nothing that says blacks can't be good at gymnastics.

The problem is lack of proper grooming at the right age.

You need a world class edu-sporting syllabus and excellent facilities for young children interested in gymnastics.
That is when they are groomed.

It is not a coincidence that the sports we are supposedly good at are the sports we learnt from the street with minimal govt input.

1 Like

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by jaxxy(m): 9:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
Gymnasts should be strong bt light in weight. All the best.
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by angelfallz(m): 10:28pm On Jul 22, 2021
Lol you are emphasising my point.
You made mention of sports skills that were learnt on the streets, why didn't such children wait for government to build facilities?
Because those children were interested in such sports. They made so with they had, also because enough Nigerians are interested in such sports, it would be easier to get more talented people.
The British introduced football and cricket to Nigeria, guess which sport Nigerians are interested in between the 2.

I repeat again Nigerians, Africans and blacks in general aren't interested in gymnastics.

If enough Nigerians aren't interested in gymnastics why should the government be interested in putting money into gymnastics?

CSTRR:

There is nothing that says blacks can't be good at gymnastics.

The problem is lack of proper grooming at the right age.

You need a world class edu-sporting syllabus and excellent facilities for young children interested in gymnastics.
That is when they are groomed.

It is not a coincidence that the sports we are supposedly good at are the sports we learnt from the street with minimal govt input.

1 Like

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Litmus: 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
pacespot:
Women gymnasts are the best to me

One day like that, my girlfriend asked me why all my edited Olympics and athletics competition recordings no dey feature male athletes. Just imagine such a question undecided
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Benkingg: 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2021
I'm not an igbo man but the dot in a circle are the real Jews of the modern time..... They are making us proud. cool

1 Like

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by CoolUsername: 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
SweetDipBenny:
you're pathetic undecided

My joke seemed to trigger a bunch of people.

But let's be real, if a guy steals your girl what are you going to do? Will you fight him? Is she even worth it? The only mature response is to be glad you dodged a bullet and move on.
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Ibrahaz: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Jonathan39: 1:54am On Jul 23, 2021
That is for the Igbos to decide, nonentities doesn't speak for a whole!
Germi9:

Vise-visa,they contribute either way and that’s why aint going nowhere
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by ReppingNaija: 2:23am On Jul 23, 2021

1 Like

Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by kheny12(m): 7:09am On Jul 23, 2021
pacespot:
Women gymnasts are the best to me
And I too,especially the team rhythmic gymnastics.I do really enjoy it.
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by Godson32(m): 7:44am On Jul 23, 2021
Activist001:
Wonderful. Igbos continually making Naija proud. cool
And Naija abi Ninja is not making anybody proud
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by osuulola(m): 9:37am On Jul 23, 2021
angelfallz:
Sometimes in a bid to complain about Nigeria we make silly statements.

In the Olympics each country picks the sports that they're good in or the sport in which they're likely to win gold.
Naturally, Nigerians, Africans and blacks in general are not interested in gymnastics. It's only very few blacks that do gymnastics.
Do you think it is a coincidence that you have more blacks doing 100m race?
Do you think it is a coincidence that you have more whites doing swimming?

The sports that we're good in like football, basketball, table tennis, running, boxing, long jump are not even getting much attention, you're now talking about sports that we don't even engage in.

So how come Nigeria's last gold medal was 1996? I didn't mention race, you did. I'm talking Nigeria's peculiarity in not prioritizing human development. Argue against that.
Re: Meet Uche Eke, Nigeria's First Olympic Gymnast by angelfallz(m): 9:44am On Jul 23, 2021
Lol my argument is based on sports that Nigerians are naturally interested in and naturally good at.
You would struggle to find Nigerians that are interested in gymnastics, heck! You'd even struggle to find blacks anywhere in the world that are interested in gymnastics.
But you'd never struggle to find blacks that are interested in football or basketball or running.

Nigeria is not good at priotising human development, there's nothing to argue there.

osuulola:

So how come Nigeria's last gold medal was 1996? I didn't mention race, you did. I'm talking Nigeria's peculiarity in not prioritizing human development. Argue against that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mikel & Oduamadi Picked For FIFA Doping Test / Man City Crowned 2017-2018 Premier League Champions After Shock Man Utd Loss / Sunday Oliseh And Nwakali In A Playful Mood (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.