Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari (985 Views)

President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit / Bauchi Warns Under-age Voters To Keep Off / Arewa Youths Back PDP Claim On Buhari’s Health- Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Ddaji(m): 10:30am On May 13, 2011
Recent claims by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the effect that over six million under-age voters voted for the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) during the April 16 presidential election has vindicated the CPC’s claim that the election was not free, fair and credible as the PDP wants the world to believe, CPC’s presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari said yesterday.

Buhari, who spoke through his spokesperson, Yinka Odumakin said PDP “has now been forced to eat its words (and those of its many accomplices) that the elections were free and fair with a self-shot at the foot that “six million under-age voters” voted for the CPC.”

This development, according to Buhari, “has further strengthened our position that the elections were not credible.” “We understand the panicky moves of the Jonathan Presidency though. It stole the presidency in a hurry and is now scared stiff that its tracks are not covered at all,” he said.

He explained that “if indeed the Independent National Electoral Commission (not CPC) allowed six million unqualified voters in one election, the electoral body has serious questions to answer and all elections conducted based on such a fraudulent N87b voters register should be nullified.”

The CPC presidential candidate said that “Nigerians have not forgotten so soon how the ‘credible’ Professor Attahiru Jega told the country he was going to clean up the voters register of multiple-registrations and only to return with extra 11million voters after the ‘clean-up’.”

A lie repeated by 1000 people is still a lie, for the attention of all the praise singers of polls fraud as “free and fair” and “a wide margin that cannot be closed at the tribunal,” Buhari said.SOURCE:www.dailytrust.com
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by maclatunji: 10:39am On May 13, 2011
Yinka Odumakin is absolutely right. It was INEC's job to prevent underage cheating and prosecute those who facilitated it. People will come here and tell me the children voted for Buhari. I ask you, do you have evidence? If you do, why not tender it in court? It is a shame that the PDP and Team GEJ have decided to turn the post-election period into mud-slinging time. Instead of using legitimate instruments of state (like the courts) to review the entire electoral process, punish those that have subverted the process and initiate reforms that will give us better results next time.

I guess I am asking for too much, it might not be in their interest to do the right things.
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by proudly9ja(m): 10:57am On May 13, 2011
If you consider that we had at least 2 months between close of registration and Elections and INEC did not do anything about the underaged voters says a lot!

Moreover, since most of these northern states were predominantly ruled by PDP governors, if the underaged voters were not in their favour, should they not have done anything about it?
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by efisher(m): 11:07am On May 13, 2011
And so the ping pong continues for the next four years. Buhari is a professional loser. Let him keep running his mouth down there while GEJ is running things up there in Aso Rock.
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Xfactoria: 12:36pm On May 13, 2011
proudly9ja:

If you consider that we had at least 2 months between close of registration and Elections and INEC did not do anything about the underaged voters says a lot!

Moreover, since most of these northern states were predominantly ruled by PDP governors, if the underaged voters were not in their favour, should they not have done anything about it?

Guy, it must be Buhari who benefited from it. Ask me why I think so. He has never complained about it. It was never an issue to him until PDP raised it.
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by baslone: 1:34pm On May 13, 2011
. . . . and your point is?
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Kobojunkie: 1:38pm On May 13, 2011
X-factoria:

Guy, it must be Buhari who benefited from it. Ask me why I think so. He has never complained about it. It was never an issue to him until PDP raised it.

Before the CPC came into existence only last November, what party would you say benefitted from the underage voters allowed then by the same INEC to register and eventually vote? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Seriously, all you need do is let your brain work as it really is designed and you will probably understand how pathetic any thing you have to say in support of the claim you made above really would be and probably is.
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 13, 2011
@X-factoria
nonsense,

CPC is not responsible for registering voters.

INEC officials / government are responsible for allowing under-age voters to be registered.

CPC / Buhari therefore cannot be blamed.

It is obvious to me that Buhari is overwhelmingly popular in the North, so it is unlikely that CPC needed to cheat in the North, simple logic would tell you that the under-age voters were allowed to register by the government in order to "vote" for PDP and rig the results in PDP favour.

X-factoria:

Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Xfactoria: 1:45pm On May 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Before the CPC came into existence only last November, what party would you say benefitted from the underage voters allowed then by the same INEC to register and eventually vote? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Seriously, all you need do is let your brain work as it really is designed and you will probably understand how pathetic any thing you have to say in support of the claim you made above really would be and probably is.

You sound expectedly ridiculous and insane! Must you argue against known facts?? Are you and your likes arguing who benefited from the under-age voting prevalent in the north during the Presidential election

I have vowed never to be drawn into your senseless arguments on NL but please stay on the issue and don't get insultive with me. You will hate yourself for it if you do.
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 13, 2011
So u trying to tell me that u know who the under age voters voted for?

Surely it would be impossible to find out who the under-age voters voted for.
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On May 13, 2011
X-factoria:

You sound expectedly ridiculous and insane! Must you argue against known facts?? Are you and your likes arguing who benefited from the under-age voting prevalent in the north during the Presidential election

I have vowed never to be drawn into your senseless arguments on NL but please stay on the issue and don't get insultive with me. You will hate yourself for it if you do.

Again . . . . .

Kobojunkie:

Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Xfactoria: 1:54pm On May 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

@X-factoria
nonsense,

CPC is not responsible for registering voters.

INEC officials / government are responsible for allowing under-age voters to be registered.

CPC / Buhari therefore cannot be blamed.

It is obvious to me that Buhari is overwhelmingly popular in the North, so it is unlikely that CPC needed to cheat in the North, simple logic would tell you that the under-age voters were allowed to register by the government in order to "vote" for PDP and rig the results in PDP favour.

Yes, hold INEC responsible for their registration but there were overwhelming testimonies of how corpers were harassed and intimidated into allowing these people's registration. That said, the under-age voters eventually voted overwhelmingly for Buhari amidst intimidation of Corpers and electoral officers. IK Ekeoma (one of the murdered corpers in Bauchi) posted a testimonial of that on his FB page.

If you benefited from a fraud, you automatically become a fraudster! I am not aware Buhari has called for the cancellation of the results in the north based on under-age voting.

So you see, this whole thing is full of hypocrisy. The incontrovertible fact is that Buhari would lose anytime anyday. So end of story!
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Xfactoria: 1:56pm On May 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

So u trying to tell me that u know who the under age voters voted for?

Surely it would be impossible to find out who the under-age voters voted for.

Yes and it was in favour of Buhari.

Trust me, if it was in favour of GEJ, Buhari would have called for the cancellation of the results in those areas!!
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Xfactoria: 1:59pm On May 13, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again . . . . .

Not that you deserve a response, just realized I would hit my 300th post with this. grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 13, 2011
Your argument is illogical.

Kobojunkies point which you ignored was that, CPC has not yet been formed, at the time the underage voters was registered.

My point is that CPC was not responsible for allowing the under age voters to register - the government is ultimately responsible for registering them.

Can you please tell fully me the process of determining which candidate, these under-age voters voted for?
X-factoria:

Yes and it was in favour of Buhari.

Trust me, if it was in favour of GEJ, Buhari would have called for the cancellation of the results in those areas!!
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Xfactoria: 2:42pm On May 13, 2011
GenBuhari:

Your argument is illogical.

Kobojunkies point which you ignored was that, CPC has not yet been formed, at the time the underage voters was registered.

My point is that CPC was not responsible for allowing the under age voters to register - the government is ultimately responsible for registering them.

Can you please tell fully me the process of determining which candidate, these under-age voters voted for?

Look, I am more concerned about who benefited than who influenced the registration of under-aged voters. I did not even dispprove your point on who takes the blame.

If you want proof that CPC benefited from the under-age voting, here is one: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651281.0.html

Sadly, this guy - Ukeoma IK, was murdered for it.
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On May 13, 2011
Notice how this has gone from CPC is TO BLAME/Responsible FOR THE existence of UNDER_AGED VOTERS, to CPC ALSO BENEFITED FROM SOME OF THE UNDER_AGED VOTERS?? lol 

You do realize those are two completely different lines of argument?  ROFLMAO!!

This is exactly why I urge people to use their heads a bit more often. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by reindeer: 5:00pm On May 13, 2011
The PDP statement is truly an admission to the fact that the elections were not free and fair.
Anybody with half a brain will understand CPC did not register voters, that was for INEC to sort out and if the ruling govt now says they are aware 6million underage voters voted, how come they accept the results?is it that they are okay with a flawed election so fr they win?what if they had lost?that statement alone from the PDP should be enough for them to demand another election.
Like i said, only people with brains will understand this. cheesy
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On May 13, 2011
reindeer:
[size=13pt]
The PDP statement is truly an admission to the fact that the elections were not free and fair.
[/size]

cut and print!

Now, to add, instead of directing their angst at the right party, the PDP instead chooses to go after CPC, a group that is

a) NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VOTER REGISTRATION process that registered the claimed 6 million under-aged entities in the first place

b) NOT RESPONSIBLE for counting of votes and legally accepted the so-called ILLEGAL under-aged votes to begin with.
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2011
So the PDP is now admitting that the elections were not free and fair if 6m of the voters are underaged.

BTW, DID Buhari register those underaged voters? Cos anyone who is registered has the right to vote, The control is at the registration process.

If you give a Nigerian passport to a gorrila, should you blame the gorrila who used it or the person who issued it?
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by reindeer: 5:20pm On May 13, 2011
'' If you give a Nigerian passport to a gorrila, should you blame the gorrila who used it or the person who issued it?''

^^^^classic!!! grin
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by maclatunji: 5:26pm On May 13, 2011
dayokanu:

So the PDP is now admitting that the elections were not free and fair if 6m of the voters are underaged.

BTW, DID Buhari register those underaged voters? Cos anyone who is registered has the right to vote, The control is at the registration process.

If you give a Nigerian passport to a gorrila, should you blame the gorrila who used it or the person who issued it?

This is the best post that I have ever read from you, it enters my personal Nairaland posts "Hall of fame" All rights reserved, even from Seun. grin
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by karlmax2: 6:19pm On May 13, 2011
Now we knw the political party that stole the ddc machines UP north and at the airport I always knew it was CPC was behind it!!! Dey are roping their self,
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by dustydee: 7:08pm On May 13, 2011
PDP is not sincere. They don't even know when they admit guilt.
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by reindeer: 3:23am On May 14, 2011
How many of you want to bet this thread will not make front page?
grin grin grin
The smarter members of the PDP who control this site will realise its an own-goal. grin
Re: Pdp’s Claim Of 6m Under-age Voters Vindicates Cpc, Says Buhari by baslone: 1:57pm On May 14, 2011
Under-aged Kids?

At least, we now know where all those millions of votes from the north came from.

Tired of statements like "Nigerians didn't vote for the party, they voted . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Full Minestarial List Out! Twelve Women Make List! / The Lessons & Bitter Truth That We Ought To Learn From The Lagos Rain Floods / Boko Haram Targets Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.