Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? (32551 Views)

AFCON 2019: Iheanacho Set To Replace Samuel Kalu In Super Eagles squad / Pictures Of Keke Painted In Super Eagles Jersey Colors / Kelechi Iheanacho Wilfred Ndidi On Fire For Leicester In FA Cup Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by robosky02(m): 3:29pm On Jul 22, 2021
Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles?

The arrival of Frank Onyeka at newly promoted English Premier League side, Brentford FC, has been greeted with great joy by Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr due to the fact that it will bring competition to Nigeria’s defensive midfield that has been dominated by Wilfred Ndidi.

Onyeka, who has been described by Brentford coach, Thomas Frank, as a very dynamic player, who is adept as a box-to-box player, will be determined to make a quick impression when the Premier League kicks off in August.

Signed from the Danish club side, Midtjylland on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee, the Nigerian international has definitely put himself in the spotlight for the senior national team more opportunities ahead of the 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2022 Africa Cup of Nations.

Recall that at the international level, Onyeka received his first Nigeria call-up in 2020. He was selected for friendly matches last October and made his international debut against Algeria – his only appearance to date.

Onyeka was part of the FC Midtjylland side that won the Superliga in 2017/18, playing 15 games. He helped them win the title again in 2019/20 and the Danish Cup in 2019. He played in the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League for Midtjylland, and l left Denmark after making an impressive mark – 123 appearances with 17 goals.

However, questions have been raised by football lovers in the country, on how Onyeka’s arrival will be of great value to the Super Eagles, especially in view of the fact that he plays in the same position with Ndidi.

At 6 feet tall, Onyeka is well built and is very strong. His aggressive pressing style and timely tackles are what really stand him out. He’s something of a ball-winning machine and knows when to launch counterattacks.

Onyeka possesses impressive pace and is able to cover ground quickly, his lateral movement is particularly impressive as he is able to cover the width of the pitch and protect his backline very well. Combining this with his strength and aggression in tackles makes him extremely difficult for attackers to hold off and resist.

Away from his raw physical attributes, Onyeka also demonstrates good intelligence in off-the-ball situations. He is seemingly omnipresent across the pitch at times.

No doubt, Onyeka will be watching Ndidi as he learn the ropes. The Leicester star has established himself in the Premier League and also in the Super Eagles and boasts loads of experience.

However, it will definitely be an interesting duel for both players when The Bees confront The Foxes in the Premier League. And more when it comes down to fight for shirts in the Super Eagles.

Will Onyeka’s arrival at Brentford mean more development for the 23-year-old Ebedei FC product that can bring tough competition for Ndidi in the Super Eagles? Can Onyeka come good enough to end Ndidi’s monopoly of the defensive midfielder role in the Super Eagles, or will the former Nath Boys Academy product stand firm as Gernot Rohr’s first-choice midfield trojan?

Use the Leave A Reply field below and have your say.

https://www.completesports.com/onyekas-arrival-at-brentford-will-it-put-ndidi-on-his-toes-in-super-eagles/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by PlayMaker14: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
I don't understand what you mean by "Will it put Ndidi on his toes in Super Eagles?

First of all, Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi is a class on his own and over the years give his very best for the Super Eagles.

Yes, it is good to have competition in every position in the team, but it should be an healthy competition and Frank Onyeka who's yet to be tested will be a good competition some day.... But for now, Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi is the boss in the midfield.

I pray Frank Onyeka won't become a flop like one Thomas Partey with the way you're hyping him now.

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by hatakekakashi: 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ndidi is still one of the best DMs in Europe right now

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by JackDaAlienz(m): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Igbo boys making me proud.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by WandaNara: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Somebody that isn't yet in his team starting 11.

Leave hyping for English media.

9 Likes

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by Haapi(f): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Probably....
Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by Odewaleadesoye(m): 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by fegiscas(m): 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
Goat
Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by PCG001: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2021

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by PCG001: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by phemmyfour: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
He need to prove himself in EPL first

1 Like

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by Kingpele(m): 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
Igbo amaka ,remove igbo people from super eagle ,it will become weak eagle ..I want healthy competition ,I don't want to hear stories of bad blood amongst our igbo brothers

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by Curtisaxel10: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
So because he signed for a bottom table team in the EPL he should now compete with a guy who has established himself at Leicester as arguably the best DM in England?. Okay o

9 Likes

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by skywalker240(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ndidis spot will remain unchallenged for the next 5years

Unless you don't watch the EPL

1 Like

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by brosom(m): 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
There's no competition here,

Both are good!!
Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
cool
The truth is that I love seeing our boys attaining greater heights like these....

They are the real ambassadors of our great nation.... While some evil lots are destined to soil our bam before the outside world...
Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by DamnNiggar: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Why has Tinubu no commented on Igboho Arrest Saga

Ok i hate foot ball

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by MarketingSkills: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Let's wait & see....

I wish both of them best of Luck.

Check My Signature For My Sallah Promo Packs
Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by uniquetechng: 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Onyeka is an exciting player, more of a Kante kind of player as he is good with ball distribution and passing unlike Ndidi who is more of a tackler than a player maker because he is always economical with his passes .

Onyeka play more like Bissouma and I have no doubt he will prove himself in the EPL if given enough chance to adapt to the pace of the premier league.

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by KingLion007(m): 5:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
PlayMaker14:
I don't understand what you mean by "Will it put Ndidi on his toes in Super Eagles?

First of all, Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi is a class on his own and over the years give his very best for the Super Eagles.

Yes, it is good to have competition in every position in the team, but it should be an healthy competition and Frank Onyeka who's yet to be tested will be a good competition some day.... But for now, Wilfred Onyinye Ndidi is the boss in the midfield.

I pray Frank Onyeka won't become a flop like one Thomas Partey with the way you're hyping him now.
Thomas Partey a flop? C'mon dude!

5 Likes

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by Chanchit: 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
No be only toes, he go choke am. If he sabi, make he come show what's made of. Sky big reqdh everybody.
Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by vRendoh(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
PlayMaker14:

Thanks....no mind the grammar
Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
IGBOS do it better

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by Starboytwo(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
if the boy can PLAY, then it’s a plus for us.

In Ndidi, we already have a great tackler, infact apart from Kante, nobody best Ndidi in tackles and interceptions, but Ndidi weakness is ‘PLAYING’

We didn’t really see Onyeka much against Algeria, but there’s no hiding in the EPL. Time will tell.

Happy for another naija lad in the best league in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by visijo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
Only in Nigeria you will see an advert where a child is reciting ABCD very well and someone will ask the mom the secret and mom will say "Dano Milk" �

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by Soso990240(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
Na so una go use hype kill am.. Person wey never win Player of the Season for him former Club. How sure are you that he will be in the Starting Eleven?

1 Like

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by ignis: 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
He either improve or be discarded

1 Like

Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2021
DamnNiggar:
Why has Tinubu no commented on Igboho Arrest Saga

Ok i hate foot ball
Is this thread about Igboho's arrest? undecided
Re: Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? by IKBARUTEN11(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2021
A

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Betking.com ......Scam! Scam!! Scam!!! / Lionel Messi's Lifetime Statistics 2004 - 2017 / James McCarthy Suffers Double Leg Break

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.