Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,628 members, 7,847,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor (14704 Views)

Crisis In Kanu's Legal Team As Bruce Fein Asks Ejiofor To Withdraw From Case / Maina's Lawyer, Adeola Adedipe Quits, Applies To Withdraw From Case / Second Judge Withdraws From Okorocha’s Certificate Of Return Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by elonmuskbaby: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
The powers that be don go threaten am from behind the scene
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by Nackzy: 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
Power pass power
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by fergie001: 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
senatordave1:

He collected bribe so he is afraid.justice ekwo will do justice to that case, ejimatic
Not that.....a similar case is before the same FHC...so he doesn't want a conflicting judgement.

...You wouldn't blame him, Justice Nganjiwa did same in the Anambra APGA saga.

Ekwo is good....Unfortunately, he might not climb up, considering his age.

senatordave1:
Did pdp win? Justice obiora is a quota product
Dis kind talk
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by XYZ123: 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
This deputy is a gonner if he contineu like this
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by vedaxcool(m): 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Jostoman:
which useless constitution is it a must that a deputy governor must decamp with governor to another party.

That is for the Assembly to determine what his offence is. Impeachment is a Political Trial not a judicial one. There are processes to be followed. The judge is merely abusing the judicial system by restraining the assembly from acting with its powers. The judge can only interfere once the assembly has acted and it's actions will then be assessed to determine its legality of otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by digicreator: 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2021
Wow seriously.

Anyway
Please house,
Anyone into blogging or just needs an Adsense account?
I am selling mine of over 10 years, reason is because I have not been profitable with it and it seems like I keep wasting my time. I have received payment once with it.
The account is PIn Verified
Has $51 Available inside.
Interested person can call or whatsapp the number in the signature.
If you are in Enugu you can call for a meet up for the transaction.
We can also use escrow for transacting think you.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by Jostoman: 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
vedaxcool:

That is for the Assembly to determine what his offence is. Impeachment is a Political Trial not a judicial one. There are processes to be followed. The judge is merely abusing the judicial system by restraining the assembly from acting with its powers. The judge can only interfere once the assembly has acted and it's actions will then be assessed to determine its legality of otherwise.
get out N-POWER batch C people
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by authority2006(m): 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
Jostoman:
It's seems APC have threatened that judge so PDP should not go to sleep o they should not allow APC and those APC machinery judges to rubbish that young man.
Ihutomi:
Is clear he must have treathen by APC THUGS, I pity this country

I pity you, just few lines of news, you couldn't read! Shame

1 Like

Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by Joetttimua1811(m): 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
E no kuku concern me
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by senatordave1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Jostoman:
which useless constitution is it a must that a deputy governor must decamp with governor to another party.

On what basis did the useless judge restrain the assembly from impeaching him
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by senatordave1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Jostoman:
get out N-POWER batch C people

If you can't counter him intellectually,be silent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by senatordave1(m): 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
fergie001:

Not that.....a similar case is before the same FHC...so he doesn't want a conflicting judgement.

...You wouldn't blame him, Justice Nganjiwa did same in the Anambra APGA saga.

Ekwo is good....Unfortunately, he might not climb up, considering his age.

Dis kind talk

The case is dissimilar with anambra.the judge has no power to stop an impeachment process except there is a clear breach and theres none so far.the chief judge hasn't eben gotten the memo.the court can only come in if the panel exonerates the deputy or he isn't given fair hearing.I think pdp are trying to buy time to see if the court will remove the governor so that the deputy will benefit...

That leads me to a dilemma.if the deputy is impeached and the governor is removed and mandate given back to pdp,who benefits? Any new elections or if the speaker or deputy or any ranking assembly member defects,will they benefit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by optimistic0001: 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
Dangerous scammer, from Monte Carlos Bet to this new site now, scamming people 500 Euro up to 200k. It shall not be well with you.

Ramiroaayden:
Real fixed matches exist! Visit the website on my signature to see for yourself

1 Like

Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by ejimatic: 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2021
senatordave1:

He collected bribe so he is afraid.justice ekwo will do justice to that case.cc fergie001, ejimatic
. The judge did well by his withdrawal since there has been a pending case on it in another court.I think it is in order.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by benjanjo1: 2:36pm On Jul 23, 2021
candidbabe:
I don't give a damn.
To hell with All the corrupt politicians

You certainly would give a damn if the corrupt politician was your kinsman.

Nigerians and hypocrisy! Smh
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by chloride6: 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
vedaxcool:
Judicial anarchy!! Obiora na quota system judge else how do you restrain a branch of government for acting within its constitutional mandate?

Alaye rest, impeachable offences dey.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by ajyogbon(m): 3:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
Because of the on seen power
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by fergie001: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
senatordave1:
The case is dissimilar with anambra.the judge has no power to stop an impeachment process except there is a clear breach and theres none so far.the chief judge hasn't eben gotten the memo.the court can only come in if the panel exonerates the deputy or he isn't given fair hearing.I think pdp are trying to buy time to see if the court will remove the governor so that the deputy will benefit...
I am only citing the reason(s) he gave. I brought in the Anambra case because there are so many conflicting judgements from Courts of Co-ordinate Jurisdiction.

The FHC always tries not to do that. Nonetheless, I agree that the House of Assembly is another arm of Govt that should carry on their duties independently. The Courts can come in later to determine whether or whether not the process leading up to the process conforms with the dictates of the law.

That leads me to a dilemma.if the deputy is impeached and the Governor is removed and mandate given back to pdp,who benefits? Any new elections or if the speaker or deputy or any ranking assembly member defects,will they benefit?
The law is settled on defection of legislators.

The legislators (HoA, Senators & House of Reps members); those ones will go....that one is a MUST.

Even if any member decamps to PDP now, they can't benefit.....Matter is already in Court.

I know one member didn't decamp, though, don't know if he is PDP or ANPP.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by Frakintayo(m): 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
FoolaniHellman:
One chance Judge!
The Judge did the right thing. To avoid contradictory decisions from courts of coordinate jurisdiction in two cases on the same subject matter, the Judge had to transfer the case. The two cases on the same subject matter can be consolidated.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by Frakintayo(m): 3:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
senatordave1:

On what basis did the useless judge restrain the assembly from impeaching him
Sentiment apart, the assembly was restricted to protect the res. In the end, the court's decision(s) in the suit will not be rendered nugatory.
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by Charly68: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
The DG wants to test the power of his boss.. he would be schemed out and nothing will happen..
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by gaventa: 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
All these happening and you fucking haters will choose to hate of hushpuppi and other little boys who just want to make a living not because you all hate fraud but because you feel intimidated. The earlier you all realise this country is not for the righteous the better for you all. Wake up!!!

3 Likes

Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by senatordave1(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
Frakintayo:

Sentiment apart, the assembly was restricted to protect the res. In the end, the court's decision(s) in the suit will not be rendered nugatory.

The court has no right to interfere in such process except a breach is noticed
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by senatordave1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
Frakintayo:

The Judge did the right thing. To avoid contradictory decisions from courts of coordinate jurisdiction in two cases on the same subject matter, the Judge had to transfer the case. The two cases on the same subject matter can be consolidated.

Am not against him transferring or recusing himself but him restraining the assembly from performing its legal duties
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by SolarEdge: 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2021
Power!

SEE HOW YOU CAN DISCARD YOUR GENERATOR PERMANENTLY AND START ENJOYING AT LEAST 16HOURS ELECTRICITY DAILY. CLICK THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Judge Withdraws From Case Stopping Impeachment Of Zamfara Deputy Governor by SirBunky85(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
Wickedfact:
Zamfara voted for APC in the last election but the courts gave all seats to PDP because of internal crises within PDP. Mattawale knows that PDP can never win in Zamfara, so he decamped to APC. On getting to APC, he wants to be lording or over Sen. Kabiru Marafa and Fmr. Gov. Abdulazeez Yari.
Gov. Mai Mala Buni foolishly referred to Mattawale as the new leader of the APC in Zamfara and both Yari and Marafa has told him he's saying nonsense. Both of them are already too strong for Mattawale to contend with, you now have his Deputy who has remained in the PDP and is the son of Gen. Aliyu Gusau, former NSA.
Mattawale is in soup and is fighting for survival.
giving the chairmanship of the party to Mai mala buni is the greatest undoing of the apc.the man is so clueless and tactless.the hosting of it's national convention will be catastrophic to the party.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okorocha: I Have Suffered Injustice From Govt I Helped Into Power / Buhari Writes Senate, Requests For Confirmation Of 19 RECs, Other Appointments / Israel condemns Nigeria terror, sending Medical aid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.