Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video (64394 Views)

Before And After Pictures Of Some Aba Roads Constructed By Alex Otti / Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Calabar's Monorail Shows A Glimpse Of Nigeria's Intracity Public Transit System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by JohnBullMySon: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ceenachi:
12 kilometers for 50billion naira and 2.6kilometers has exulted 33.9billion

IN COMPARISON!

RIVERS MONORAIL PROJECT- Rotimi Amaechi

COST #50B
SCOPE 12 kilometres

Amount paid - #40Billion - 80%
Area completed-2.6kilom - 22%

Construction of three flyover bridges- Gov Wike

Cost #21B
Scope. Artillery 1 and 2: 517.5 metres, Rumuokoro 360 metres and Garrison 360 metres

Read � again, just read again

If you didn't see the money Previous Government used to construct 2.6km Audio Projects and what that money would have done for the state then....just read again �

That Government almost finished us.
Former governor of Rivers state chibuike Amaechi is i highly criminal and should be in jail by now
Both he and Wike should be in jail. Do you think Wike is not inflating his own too?

The total length of the bridges you mentioned is barely above 1 km and 21bn+ was spent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Octobertwentysix(f): 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
Obijulius:
Inspite of all his shortcomings the man in Abuja is not the only problem.

This one na southerners de do themself.

The problem of southern Nigeria is its leadership not Hausa/Fulani.

***modified for those blaming northern leadership***
If any southern governor is able to fully utilize at least 95% of their monthly earnings into their state, that state would comfortably compete with the likes of Johannesburg in terms of development.

That’s how deeply corrupt all our leaders are.

Make una de think! Your leaders are your problem!

You are not far from the truth, I keep saying it in as much as the presidency is bad our leaders at the state down to the ward council is corrupt, if only they put all their monthly allocation, to use the state will go very far, that project cost so much yet could not be completed after all the billions spent on it. All our politicians are thieves whether APC or PDP they are all the same. Pity the youths who fight and kill themselves for them.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by chrisxxx(m): 10:22pm On Jul 23, 2021
senatordave1:

Oga,some of those flyovers should be in ogoni,ikwerre or link ph with eleme or okrika
I think he is doing something other than flyover in those places. Port Harcourt has a lot of traffic I think that is his reason.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by fubsy: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2021
I don't see any sense in that monorail.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by na2016: 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
engrchykae:
are you sure they ain't digging up amaechi's dirty past in order to cut him to size,I suspect tinubu camp and the cabal

you have a point
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by sulaak(m): 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2021
Obijulius:
Inspite of all his shortcomings the man in Abuja is not the only problem.

This one na southerners de do themself.

The problem of southern Nigeria is its leadership not Hausa/Fulani.

***modified for those blaming northern leadership***
If any southern governor is able to fully utilize at least 95% of their monthly earnings into their state, that state would comfortably compete with the likes of Johannesburg in terms of development.

That’s how deeply corrupt all our leaders are.

Make una de think! Your leaders are your problem!

The man in Abuja employed the idiot "Rotimi Amechi " that wasted millions building a mono railway to nowhere. We will soon the outcome of the new national railway that are now under country.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by sulaak(m): 11:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
joedave:
One wonders how many here, are lashing out at Amaechi for the perceived staggering amount budgeted for the project and thus technically commending Wike for non continuity. Forgetting that it's commonwealth and well-being at loss. Same will criticize Sanwo for completing only Ambode's projects and yet to kickstart his own. Even Bubu as erratic as he is, completed many past administration's projects. Wike is not showing tact and brinkmanship doing this!

Amaechi had 8 years to start and finished the project yet only completed 22% of the project at a very inflated cost. He is now a minister in the Buhari government, the Lagos port is congested and the Lagos -Kano rail is still under construction at another inflated cost
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by yuping(m): 11:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
weyreypey:

Watch the video above
He should be.
But they should just finish the project, I now know that he squandered and embezzled alot.
Atleast for the progress of the state.
I love porthacourt.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by jamesversion: 12:27am On Jul 24, 2021
chrisxxx:

Wike put the continuation of that project in to plebiscite and Rivers people overwhelmingly asked him to discontinue with it.
True Amaechi would have discontinued with it but for obvious reasons he continued even when the project PPP backed out foreseeing the inviability of the project. You think about it if a project that would cover over 100km has gulped more than 50b at 1.5km where there was no bridge, no much obstacles how much would be required when it gets to high dense area like Rumuola?
Let's blame Wike less here that project was ill thought-out.

Plebiscite?? What is your problem na. Stop this falsehood.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Pharmmaqp: 12:28am On Jul 24, 2021
sulaak:

Amaechi had 8 years to start and finished the project yet only completed 22% of the project at a very inflated cost. He is now a minister in the Buhari government, the Lagos port is congested and the Lagos -Kano rail is still under construction at another inflated cost

So arresting Amaechi will automatically complete the project.

That means Jonathan should be in jail for all the inflated uncompleted projects.

Like someone suggested.

Wike should have carried out some reassessment of the project.

Contract it to another firm or same firm after renegotiation probably at a lower value (if indeed it was inflated) and give a comparative report.

Imagine that monorail from oyigbo to borokiri or rumuola sef ..

Omo.. wetin person dey go find for road!.

Do you know how much Godswill Akpabio spent on Sheraton.. Is it not Udom Emmanuel completing it.

So they should have arrested Akpabio first before completing it

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by idahme(m): 12:32am On Jul 24, 2021
SmartPolician:
I am really pained that Wike abandoned this epoch-making project. This project would have put Port Harcourt and Nigeria on the map as the first of its kind, but the motor park, crack-abusing governor started playing senseless politics with it.

It is really dicy, for me I would have completed it. if you check how much he would put into the project for a trekable distance you might not blame him totally for prioritizing other projects. Note the Governor completed all other projects of his predecessor except this one .... Politicians don't go to jail even they steal so badly , not sending thieves to jail is not a deterrence to would be thieves .
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Aboks(m): 12:35am On Jul 24, 2021
Ofon4real20:
Good evening please my little niece Emma need urgent surgery , I already exhausted my little saving getting his first surgery , he need money to under go another surgery , please your urgent help is needed to save his life , He's current admitted at LASUTH , Ikeja and the PAEDIATRICS section , B_ surgery wards so you can go donate in person , thank you all
Mfon Edet
Access bank

Here is before and now pic

Efcc at ya back
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by idahme(m): 12:36am On Jul 24, 2021
DTeekay:
White Elephant project done by Amaechi. This project was highly unnecessary and was only aimed at looting.
Even in foreign countries trains derail, not to talk of Nigeria with poor maintenance culture. This is just a disaster waiting to happen, we have not finished trains on the ground, you are putting it up.

To now think of the fact that the length of the track is N50 journey by road.

So if road is N50 then how much will the train be? N5?

It is really bad, N50 on the road N10 on mono rail. It's not economically viable. The money should have. Been used for rail round the state .
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by idahme(m): 12:38am On Jul 24, 2021
heniford2:
In a civilized state the state government will probe Amechi the finish up the project making it more easier for his people making money and as while and providing job but here we have mumu governors same as Ugwuanyi not finishing up the abandoned project by Sullivan, low mentality of a governor

He was probed and indicted by a judicial panel of enquiry. I think a petition was also sent to the EFFC on that regards .

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by idahme(m): 12:46am On Jul 24, 2021
chrisxxx:

Wike put the continuation of that project in to plebiscite and Rivers people overwhelmingly asked him to discontinue with it.
True Amaechi would have discontinued with it but for obvious reasons he continued even when the project PPP backed out foreseeing the inviability of the project. You think about it if a project that would cover over 100km has gulped more than 50b at 1.5km where there was no bridge, no much obstacles how much would be required when it gets to high dense area like Rumuola?
Let's blame Wike less here that project was ill thought-out.

The cost is over the roof, that's crazy. 1.50km for 50billion, then 100km will gulp over 3.3trillion at 2014 value of the naira .

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by idahme(m): 12:57am On Jul 24, 2021
joedave:
One wonders how many here, are lashing out at Amaechi for the perceived staggering amount budgeted for the project and thus technically commending Wike for non continuity. Forgetting that it's commonwealth and well-being at loss. Same will criticize Sanwo for completing only Ambode's projects and yet to kickstart his own. Even Bubu as erratic as he is, completed many past administration's projects. Wike is not showing tact and brinkmanship doing this!

You ain't getting the right picture, wike has completed all amaechi uncompleted projects except this one. 1.5km for 50billion then 100km will be for? Where will the money come from. The place that project starts and stops is 50 Naira using a taxi .

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by joedave(m): 2:50am On Jul 24, 2021
Pharmmaqp:

That means Jonathan should be in jail for all the inflated uncompleted projects.

Like someone suggested.

Contract it to another firm or same firm after renegotiation probably at a lower value (if indeed it was inflated) and give a comparative report.

Do you know how much Godswill Akpabio spent on Sheraton.. Is it not Udom Emmanuel completing it.

Thanks for this objectivity. They seem not to get it at all. They are disgruntled at certain indices of blame games from Bubu and the likes, yet kept pouring encomiums on other administrations they have soft spot for, that also blames their predecessors!

How long will an incumbent kept blaming and shying away from communally beneficial projects abandoned by past regimes due to perceived misappropriation? SMH!
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Obagofixxy: 3:06am On Jul 24, 2021
That place is abandoned,sometimes when I pass that place going to logos or court I weep at such a huge project abandoned without any effort put in place to finish it
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by joedave(m): 3:17am On Jul 24, 2021
Obagofixxy:
That place is abandoned,sometimes when I pass that place going to logos or court I weep at such a huge project abandoned without any effort put in place to finish it

Its really a sorry case my brother. Beheading the head should not be an antidote for headache! In other case, abandoning the project shouldn't be the solution as this can never bring back the embezzled fund. It's well!!
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Nobody: 3:31am On Jul 24, 2021
film3four:

What's your point?
I be graduate but I don't understand him too
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by tunashg: 6:10am On Jul 24, 2021
Check my signature if you need a low interest loan
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Danzakidakura(m): 6:21am On Jul 24, 2021
JAOIdris:
Are you afraid of the truth?
my fear is that you don't know the meaning of the word " TRUTH"
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by DTeekay(m): 6:36am On Jul 24, 2021
idahme:

It is really bad, N50 on the road N10 on mono rail. It's not economically viable. The money should have. Been used for rail round the state .
Really sad, and if you see the media campaign surrounding it then, u will feel Amaechi was building an oxygen factory to save lives. There was even a bill board for it "monorail coming soon" it's 6years now soon has not still reached, we don't even have a standard gauge rail in South.

50billion down the drain.

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by sulaak(m): 8:23am On Jul 24, 2021
Pharmmaqp:

Like someone suggested.

If Nigeria starts prosecuting corrupt politicians from OBJ to Buhari, maybe Nigeria will have a true democracy. In SA Zuma is in prison because of state capture and corruption.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by smartNerd: 8:27am On Jul 24, 2021
There is no royal road to anything. One thing
at a time, all things in succession. That which
grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which
grows slowly, endures. -- Josiah Gilbert Holland

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900061_besogood_jpeg0d8d05a89aba72a0a334e06da1bc5339[img]
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by smartNerd: 8:30am On Jul 24, 2021
I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I
can adjust my sails to always reach my
destination. -- Jimmy Dean.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13900059_arivercuts_jpeg_jpeg728978186a17b270e4509dd90ad61f81
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by RobbStark(m): 8:32am On Jul 24, 2021
stayclearofme:

Wasteful venture but you want Portharcourt to look like Dubai.

It's a waste .
Deal with that
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Kayrich(m): 8:35am On Jul 24, 2021
Ceenachi:
12 kilometers for 50billion naira and 2.6kilometers has exulted 33.9billion

IN COMPARISON!

RIVERS MONORAIL PROJECT- Rotimi Amaechi

COST #50B
SCOPE 12 kilometres

Amount paid - #40Billion - 80%
Area completed-2.6kilom - 22%

Construction of three flyover bridges- Gov Wike

Cost #21B
Scope. Artillery 1 and 2: 517.5 metres, Rumuokoro 360 metres and Garrison 360 metres

Read � again, just read again

If you didn't see the money Previous Government used to construct 2.6km Audio Projects and what that money would have done for the state then....just read again �

That Government almost finished us.
Former governor of Rivers state chibuike Amaechi is i highly criminal and should be in jail by now

Sorry which govt?
Is it the one which has same gov wike as the chief of staff to amaechi if you know what that means.
Wike should have continue the project. Selfish interest to neglet it was best known to them.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by smartNerd: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2021
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” —
Will Rogers
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by baysol: 8:38am On Jul 24, 2021
film3four:
Port Harcourt Monorail was designed to transform the transportation sector in the city. The project has remained like this since the last administration that initiated it left office. Hopefully the present administration in Rivers state will complete it before leaving office and put it to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya5s-MdcdLE
Ease of corruption the reason why Nigeria will never ever develop nor be a sustainable entity.
Re: Port Harcourt Monorail: Multi Billion Naira Project 6yrs After: Pictures & Video by Ofon4real20: 9:00am On Jul 24, 2021
I don't blame you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Crashed Helicopter at Oba Akran, Ikeja (Photos) / In A Plane At 30,000ft & Pilots Are Fighting Like This, What Will You Do?(Pic) / Aerial Coverage Of Oba, Anambra State( Video&photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.