Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu (875 Views)

Osun 2022: Adeleke's Campaign Team Says Sanwo-Olu Will End Up Like Oyetola / Igboho: People Run Away When They Feel They Won’t Get Justice – Jimi Agbaje / Igboho: People Misquoted Me, I Didn’t Mean To Mock Adeboye Over Son’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by ignis: 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2021
The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has stated that people are ” working behind the scenes” concerning the arrest and trial of Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho.

The governor made this known while addressing the Press at the Polling Unit 019 Ward 08, Ikoyi II, where he cast his vote during the Local Government/Council Areas election on Saturday.

PUNCH Online was live at the venue and our correspondent on ground asked the governor about the presumed silence of South West governors on the arrest of Igboho.

In response, the governor explained that “people” are working behind the scenes, stating that the case doesn’t have to be a public conversation.

“These are very difficult times for all of us. I can assure you that people are working behind the scenes.

“At occasions like this, it’s not by how many Press people you call.

Read Also
Lagos LG Polls 2021 witness low voter turnout
Lagos LG polls: LASIEC officials at Kosofe deploy manual voter identification
Lagos LG polls: No mask, no voting, electoral officers insist
“I’m aware that a lot of people have responses that they are doing quietly and privately and it doesn’t have to be a public conversation.”

The PUNCH earlier reported that the 48-year-old activist was arrested on Monday, July 19, 2021, by the International Criminal Police Organisation at the Cadjèhoun Airport in Cotonou, Republic of Benin.

Igboho was arrested with his Germany-based wife, Ropo, at the airport while they reportedly tried to catch a flight to Germany around 8 pm on Monday.

Five days after the arrest and planned extradition of Yoruba Nation agitator, the six governors in the South-West geopolitical zone of Nigeria have kept mum over the matter.

The governors are Rotimi Akeredolu (Ondo), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Gboyega Oyetola (Osun), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Dapo Abiodun (Ogun), and Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos).

Efforts to get the comments of Akeredolu, who is the Chairman of South-West Governors’ Forum, proved abortive as the Ondo State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Donald Ojogo, neither took several calls to his line nor replied a text message sent to his line by our correspondent.

https://punchng.com/igboho-people-are-working-behind-the-scenes-says-sanwo-olu/
Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by EdoBoyJazzie: 2:10pm On Jul 24, 2021
Meanwhile Igbo people have left Kanu to his own fate.

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by Conrod: 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2021
Well said,sir am sure you're indirectly telling the north that you (south western elites)are behind sunday igboho,while also reminding the southeastern so called leaders of their stupidity.
Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by Dovegrey: 2:27pm On Jul 24, 2021
Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by ignis: 2:38pm On Jul 24, 2021
EdoBoyJazzie:
Meanwhile Igbo people have left Kanu to his own fate.

Says who?

1 Like

Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by Maxymilliano(m): 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2021
The way they also worked behind the scene to vote NO to electronic transmission of results abi

Believe this you believe anything

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by Finnese001: 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2021
I love the way the Yoruba leaders and elders are speaking and working to make sure Igboho is released, unlike my God forsaken Igbo leaders that are never do well.

All the SE governors are bunch of modafuckers, Fulani slaves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by 143WaZoBia: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2021
Lol. Baba see list e join the chorus.
United Yoruba. cool
Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by 143WaZoBia: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2021
ignis:

Says who?
Says Joe Igbokwe
Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by slimfit1(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2021
Finnese001:
I love the way the Yoruba leaders and elders are speaking and working to make sure Igboho is released, unlike my God forsaken Igbo leaders that are never do well.

Don't take any words from my Yoruba governors serious, it doesn't means anything so deceiving. Basically sitting on the fence.

1 Like

Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by Finnese001: 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2021
slimfit1:

Don't take any words from my Yoruba governors it means anything so deceiving. Basically sitting on the fence.

At least they were able to say something even though they do otherwise, but what will you say about the 5 useless idiots we have in the SE as governors, not even a statement or support from them and the foolish deluded mugus that call themselves ohaneze ndi oshi.

2 Likes

Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by Jostoman: 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
Maybe he is indirectly telling us that FG are working behind the scene to extradite igboho but God will shame all of them. You people can see that buhari and his people are not saying anything because they are working tirelessly behind the scene against igboho but God is going to disappoint them.
Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by Collyweed: 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
Finnese001:

Guy, let us be realistic here.

Nnamdi, while making a speech in the US swore that “when Biafra is achieved, Okezie Ikpeazu will be executed” for allegedly masterminding the attack at his family house in 2017.

If you’re Okezie Ikpeazu, will you be running through loops to release him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by AroleOduduwa2: 5:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
Happy to hear this from Sanwo Eko. Enough is enough, we can let the northerners treat us like we second class citizens. Like Oloye Dele Momodu rightly said, the likes of Gumi and other people from that region issue provocative statement and display arms in public, but the DSS and the fg has never made an attempt to interrogate them.
Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by QuotaSystem: 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
Jostoman:
You people can see that buhari and his people are not saying anything because they are working tirelessly behind the scene against igboho but God is going to disappoint them.

You're very observant but God Almighty is not a supporter of criminals, forgers and people that rely on charms and rituals for protection.

Re: Igboho: People Are Working Behind The Scenes, Says Sanwo-olu by BlowYourMind: 9:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
n

(1) (Reply)

Sheik Ahmad Gumi Visits Sunday Igboho's Town In Oyo State, Calls For Peace / Anthony Joshua Prostrating To Buhari -Throwback Video / Kalu's EFCC Victory: Jubilation Erupts In Lagos, Abia, Borno, Abuja, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.