Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance (1758 Views)

Steps To Striking A Balance Between Your Spouse And Your Relatives / 'No Difference Between Single Mothers And Prostitutes' - Lecturer / The Height Difference Between This Man And His Wife Though (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by VanessaKokomama(f): 7:04pm On Jul 26, 2021
Today I tried checking my account balance today,and I saw two balance...and, What is the difference between Available balance and Ledger balance
Available balance-1,386.76
Ledger balance-3,397.51

Please what does it mean ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by ArcFresky(m): 7:07pm On Jul 26, 2021
VanessaKokomama:
Today I tried checking my account balance today,and I saw two balance...and, What is the difference between Available balance and Ledger balance
Ledger balance-3,397.51

Are your balances in the negative
Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by ceejay10(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2021
Means you are owing them money. The Ledger is the amount you are owing.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by VanessaKokomama(f): 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2021
ArcFresky:

Are your balances in the negative
what do you mean negative ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by Machinegun91(m): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2021
The difference is the figures
Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by VanessaKokomama(f): 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2021
ceejay10:
how Am I owning them money ?? I didn't borrow any money from bank sir

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by pocohantas(f): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
Your available balance is the amount that is available and accessible to you, the customer.

The ledger balance is the total sum in that account.

The difference could be as a result of various reasons. Most times a pending debit or credit, as the case may be.

- Minimum withdrawal limit. For accounts that have like N1000 limit, you would always notice that your ledger balance would be N1000 higher than your available balance.

- Pending debit. If you used POS for example, pending when the merchant is credited, the sum would be placed on lien (removed from your available balance) and inaccessible to you. So you will also notice that difference.

- Uncleared cheques/deposits. The money is there, but you can’t use it till it reflects in your available balance.

There is a difference of N2010:75, did you initiate any transaction of that value recently? A look through your transaction history (via your banking app) would clear you.

If you ask me, I would say you tried transferring N2000 to someone. N10:75 is the transaction charge. Once it goes through, the two balances would regularize.

I hope this helps. smiley

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by ceejay10(m): 7:59pm On Jul 26, 2021
VanessaKokomama:
how Am I owning them money ?? I didn't borrow any money from bank sir
well, pay them a visit cos ur account is on deficit . maybe charges you incurred.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by Afamsi: 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
Pay lesson fee first before we continue
Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by pocohantas(f): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2021
VanessaKokomama:
Ledger balance-3,397.51

Did you try transferring urgent 2k to someone today? cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by descarado: 7:51am On Jul 27, 2021
pocohantas:

Did you try transferring urgent 2k to someone today? cheesy cheesy

Poco, I want to speak with your friend izzou, contact him for me please. Already sent a message to him.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by Richy4(m): 8:11am On Jul 27, 2021
The thing be say you paid someone 2000 and quickly checked your account balance immediately after payment.....

So them dey tell u say before you made a payment, the money wey u get na #3,397.51 (Ledger)

So If them deduct that money wey u pay(3,397.51 - 2,000) = 1,397.51( Available) and I guess u were charged transfer fee.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by pocohantas(f): 8:27am On Jul 27, 2021
descarado:

Poco, I want to speak with your friend izz.ou, contact him for me please. Already sent a message to him.

I have told him to reply. cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by RightToReject(m): 8:38am On Jul 27, 2021
The available balance in an account is money you can access, all things being equal, while the ledger balance is the opening balance in the bank account from the start of a day in the morning - most times referred to as the current balance - and remains the same all day regardless of whether a transaction is carried out on the account the whole day.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 27, 2021
ceejay10:

If you don't know simply watch n learn, ledger balance is the amount yet to be debited on the issuers(payee) personal ledger buh as been credited to the reciepient ledger, the available balance depict the deduction and the actual amount that is accessible for further transactions.

you only see ledger balances when the issuer(you) account is yet to be debited in the actual sense, by the end of working day e go clear, only available balance will be displayed

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Available Balance And Ledger Balance by descarado: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
pocohantas:

I have told him to reply. cheesy
Thanks, you are a darling kiss

(1) (Reply)

I Told A Girl About My Death And She Told Her Pastor / Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? / It Seems It's Becoming A Norm For Most Especially Married Men Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.