Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) (37495 Views)

Taking Into Account The Expenses: Changing From Gas To Electric Stoves / 50kg Gas Cylinder For Sale 50k Two Available / Car Destroyed By A Loaded Gas Cylinder Kept Inside It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by KawKaw: 5:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
Super helpful
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by taiwiki(m): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
I prefer the last option jare...
But does this mean it would take long before an explosion?
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by TemmyDayo50(m): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
If fire break out from gas for where I dey, Iffa hear say I no japa immediately, make I bend grin grin

On a serious note, this is a very useful and helpful information. Nice one from fire service cool

2 Likes

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by adebwalex(m): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Best way is to also used detergent mix with water...
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Btruth: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2021
Excellent stuff. Thanks.
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by fineboynl(m): 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
Gas cylinder hardly blow up. It has to reach a more than 700 degree if it's original cylinder.

1 Like

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
The day my cylinder catch fire,Omo that day no funny at all
Upon all water I pour,the shit no off

Fire don excalate everywhere in the kitchen until neighborh came to my help

I still dey fear to on that gas till now

2 Likes

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by treatise: 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
Badbunny:

Chai. Mr pastor grin
was the girl sent by a competitor?
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by lexy2014: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
Righteousness2:
Great stuff.

What happened at Ebeano supermarket was really unfortunate. That was raw witchcraft on display by that kid.
The evil Done there was a Concious deliberate plan.

Was it witchcraft and a conscious deliberate plan that a big supermarket ad Ebeano didn't have anyone monitoring it's CCTV? Was it witchcraft and a conscious deliberate plan a big supermarket like ebeano didn't have fire alarm or sprinklers?
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by ebuclassic18(m): 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
that's because there was no other flammable objects beside the cylinder
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by lexy2014: 5:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Courtesy of d Ghana Fire Service

1 Like

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by khadaffi(m): 5:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
braveheart77:
Whats the science behind this

What other science are you looking for? If you light a match stick and place it inside your mouth and close your mouth instantly, the fire stops and you puff out smoke. The science behind it is that fire requires air to burn, once you stop the air from getting to the source of the fire, the fire ceases to exist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Richy4(m): 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ok.. I will never try the first one... The wet blanket is better embarassed
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by MediMedi(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
TMSMedia:
Revealed: Best Way To Quench Fire Outbreak From Gas Cylinder/Burner Without Using Fire Extinguisher (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwMHX9dMF8E
Help us write it, some of our phone can't watch youtube
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Stevosty: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
This is effective if the fire is only on the gas but if there fire outside the cylinder, the cylinder will still catch fire, if there is fire outside the cylinder, as in something else is burning caused by the gas cylinder, it is better you get rid of cylinder after putting out the fire, either you throw it out of window or just move it away from the fire, then water to the rescue.
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by bobtee1122: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
From experience, I would not advice on the usage of finger to stop gas flow because that's a very courageous but dangerous thing to do but the usage of a socked thick towel is very much workable in place of a fire blanket.

1 Like

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by ThatFairGuy1: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2021
IPOB pastor
Righteousness2:
Great stuff.

What happened at Ebeano supermarket was really unfortunate. That was raw witchcraft on display by that kid.
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by ecomalchemist(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
Screw
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by bahdpersona(m): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
gleamy:
Old video but incredibly useful. wink
OP will use that to make money on YouTube
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by lasisi69(f): 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2021
Badbunny:

Chai. Mr pastor grin
you got the likes wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Awoo88: 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2021
If you gas is misbehaving and is burning uncontrollably, the only thing you can do for your self is to pick the cylinder and throw it far. Otherwise, you will be roasting yourself. If you don't have the courage to pick the cylinder, run like a mad man and bear the cost of the damage. That was a controlled burning from the nozzle.

2 Likes

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Felabrity: 6:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
Very informative
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Obason22(m): 6:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
Righteousness2:
Great stuff.

do u even read the topic before ur comments
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Osowa77: 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
see below

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
Very informative. Thanks for posting
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by niyidenrele: 6:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Grandmasteer:
u guys don't know me. the last time my gas cylinder caught fire.. nah full bath of water like three I pour on top em, Dem no born em well. the thing quench once..

And if there is no water around you
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by itubaba001: 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Any one who listen to this man advise is on his own. Use your thumb or finger and get it turned to roasted yam
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by vickydevoka(m): 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2021
This guy funny . He said if u can't use ur hand u should use ur fingers
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by vickydevoka(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Grandmasteer:
u guys don't know me. the last time my gas cylinder caught fire.. nah full bath of water like three I pour on top em, Dem no born em well. the thing quench once..
U put am omo

1 Like

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Keating: 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2021
Great post

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Mermaid Found In Pool Of President Jacob Zuma Homestead (pics) / Fulani Herdsmen Block Major Road In Abuja Central With Their Cattle (See Photos) / Checkout This ''Money Bed'' (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.