Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) (37496 Views)

Taking Into Account The Expenses: Changing From Gas To Electric Stoves / 50kg Gas Cylinder For Sale 50k Two Available / Car Destroyed By A Loaded Gas Cylinder Kept Inside It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Badbunny: 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
lasisi69:
you got the likes wink

Shidd u went ahead to like my comments!! Holy shit!! grin grin cheesy

Jesus christ! Lmfao!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Segzy19: 7:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
This doesn't work for fire that has spread to other combustibles....
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by thinksquad(m): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Righteousness2:
Great stuff.

What happened at Ebeano supermarket was really unfortunate. That was raw witchcraft on display by that kid.
The evil Done there was a Concious deliberate plan.
"raw" cheesy cheesy
Undiluted display of witchcraft activity cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by ibijoh(m): 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2021
������
Grandmasteer:
So I go come close to fire come dey touch burner, say wetin. u guys don't know me. the last time my gas cylinder caught fire.. nah full bath of water I pour on top em, Dem no born em well. the thing quench once..
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Olarewaju89: 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
The best way is to use sand oo
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by jarx: 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
chimezieeze98:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzHdiqxrHGs

Nice video.. . But when such ACCIDENTS want to occur.. . . no be everyone brain to think like this man own.

Just like being told not to hit the brakes when your tyre bursts whole on motion... . We all know 70 percent of us go still step on brakes when the gbege happen... I am a living testimony grin grin
please enlighten me sir. What will happen if I hit break if my tire busts
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by masterpiecer(m): 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
braveheart77:
Whats the science behind this

For combustion to happen, these three elements must be present; heat, oxygen(air) and fuel(wood, gasoline etc), this is called the fire triangle.

For u to put out any fire u need to eliminate one or more of the three elements in the fire triangle. In the case where the demonstrator placed his finger on the burner, he was able to eliminate the source of fuel. In case of the wet towel he eliminated oxygen

1 Like

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by masterpiecer(m): 10:02pm On Jul 27, 2021
jarx:
please enlighten me sir. What will happen if I hit break if my tire busts

The car will summersault. So the best and only solution is to hold the steering wheel strongly, remove ur foot from the throttle and allow the the car come to a stop on it on
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by ajl: 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Na! How many people can do that? I have seen a gas cylinder fire put out, while I was a student in Uni-Ibadan at Trenchard Hall, by a student who simply cut off oxygen supply by putting a metal bucket over the cylinder. The fire simply went off. Meaning the chap in the video could I have done the same. Without oxygen, there can't be fire.
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by oloko1859(m): 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
Educative posts like this should hit fp often
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by rhodman: 10:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
Wow.

Thanks to the OP for sharing this
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by pilliou(m): 6:49am On Jul 28, 2021
On a serious note, this is a very useful and helpful information. Nice one from fire service.
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by hefelove(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2021
Gas cylinder wey dey blow sef without fire. Omo i no do
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by federal9: 9:42am On Jul 28, 2021
For burning to take place, it needs oxygen. So all you have to do is to eliminate the oxygen.

Making use of the wet cloth was a good idea, and that would eliminate the oxygen in replace for CO2.

Fuel + O2 → CO2 + H2O..... Burning

Fuel + absence of O2 --- No burning( Case of covered cloth).
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Psoul(m): 10:01am On Jul 28, 2021
complexBoss12:
lol

I would never try that. besides all burners are not the same, so you can't always use that method!

Stop using Camp Gas Cylinder for heavy domestic use.
Dat thing is very dangerous and stopping it's fire can be something else.

Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by braveheart77: 10:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
federal9:
For burning to take place, it needs oxygen. So all you have to do is to eliminate the oxygen.

Making use of the wet cloth was a good idea, and that would eliminate the oxygen in replace for CO2.

Fuel + O2 → CO2 + H2O..... Burning

Fuel + absence of O2 --- No burning( Case of covered cloth).

Why a wet cloth specifically?
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by braveheart77: 10:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
Psoul:

Stop using Camp Gas Cylinder for heavy domestic use.
Dat thing is very dangerous and stopping it's fire can be something else.
I use this. Why is it dangerous pls
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by jarx: 6:58am On Jul 29, 2021
masterpiecer:

The car will summersault. So the best and only solution is to hold the steering wheel strongly, remove ur foot from the throttle and allow the the car come to a stop on it on
thanks for this
Re: How To Put Out Fire From Gas Cylinder/Burner (Video) by Psoul(m): 7:38am On Jul 29, 2021
braveheart77:

I use this. Why is it dangerous pls

The fire is sitting directly on top of the cylinder. The heat keep heating up the cylinder and the rubber seals that should prevent leakage will continue to get weak. This is very dangerous.
Any little fault from the cylinder will be very catastrophic.
To stop fire from this cylinder is difficult compared to the other type.

This cylinder is meant for camping where u don't engage in much cooking and it has to be in a very wide and open place and not for indoors.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Mermaid Found In Pool Of President Jacob Zuma Homestead (pics) / Fulani Herdsmen Block Major Road In Abuja Central With Their Cattle (See Photos) / Checkout This ''Money Bed'' (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.