Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago (50165 Views)

My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day / I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by EBUBS(m): 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
I wrote this wedding estimate four years ago thinking I'll get married but it didn't work out again. tongue

But with the way things are going in my current relationship I think it's going to happen this year grin.

So please if you know the updated price for the items on the list please drop it here so I'll upgrade it. I know say things don expensive cry
Thank for the feedback

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by TarOrfeeek: 6:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
Firewood alone is now N100,000

Fulani have destroyed this country.

370 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Prechgold1180(m): 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
Omo second to comment
I dedicate this spot to my no nonsense lectural mr Clifford thanks for trying to bring back the seriousness in me

But try know say as e be now I belong to the street
Back to the question

Where u wan for see cow buy 100k

Wetyn u write self nur go reach for birthday

Only cow go collect everything wey u write

Just write x5 for everything wey u write

120 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by yungchop: 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
Onmor.. Just dey put X4 for each item back.

168 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by WhiteRuler: 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Everything in that list has tripled

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by EBUBS(m): 6:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
yungchop:
Onmor.. Just dey put X4 for each item back.

No put me fear abeg. I take God beg you

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by WhiteRuler: 6:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
The price of everything in that list has tripled

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by ojun50(m): 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Goat cow na

180 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by EBUBS(m): 7:01pm On Jul 27, 2021
Prechgold1180:

Can't I see for like 150/180?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by yungchop: 7:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
EBUBS:

Okay sir.

3 Likes

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Machinegun91(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
Wedding or weeding?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by ThreeEyedRaven: 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2021
APC has changed the price of every damn thing even the ink you wrote with has been multiplied by 5

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Maxymilliano(m): 7:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
Rice 4 bgs for 32k ?

That budget will only fetch you a bag (50kg) and half (25kg) at current market price

That's Buhari's effect at play

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Wawelexy(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Even if the price are x10, pray make money dey when the time comes. But seriously, Nigeria needs to be rescued or they let us go in peace

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by x123xlolls(m): 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
.To make things work, multiply everything by 3.7

Or better still add 50k to every entry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Lamanii22(f): 8:16pm On Jul 27, 2021
EBUBS:

He is not lying oooo.... Everything has trippled

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Ishilove: 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
Prechgold1180:
You can see the baby for 100k. The two weeks old calf

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Ishilove: 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
EBUBS:

Can't I see for like 150/180?
You can see a hefty ram for that amount

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Ishilove: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
EBUBS:

You see that 15k you budgeted for 50 litres of oil? Okay, enter bike and go to Daleko, meet the woman closest to the main entrance selling household items. Handover the 15k and tell her to give you three gallons of 5-litre Kings Vegetable oil.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by nnekaike(f): 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
The only thing you can still buy on that list is CURRY and THYME.

For cow contact this nairalander -shariff84
He helps with purchase of items including cows from north at veryy good rates.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Tmex(m): 10:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Very easy just multiply everything by 4 there lies your new cost.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by larrypourl(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
It's no longer funny. I did mine last December and prices has gone up. What you buy with an amount today is not what you'll get with the same amount tomorrow. God go help you but just make sure you work with a budget.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by cayorday89(m): 6:28am On Jul 28, 2021
The only thing you have saved is paper, cos you won't get it for free now and every other items on that list multiply them by maximum of 5..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by taretoofine(m): 6:47am On Jul 28, 2021
Na strong men fit marry now o
wise men married during the lockdown

A feee C govt chaiiiiii

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Klass99(f): 8:16am On Jul 28, 2021
smiley

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by pocohantas(f): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2021
Wedding ceremonies are not compulsory, especially now that we are in perilous times.

I don’t know how you will write that list with numerous zeros and sleep well at night. The only people that write the price of groundnut oil and tin tomatoes themselves are people working on a very tight budget. Else you will handover the cooking to a caterer and she would multiply a plate by your estimated number of guests (e.g) N750 * 300 guests. How many litres of oil she uses wouldn’t be your business.

If you have to sit like this to bother your head about prices and inflation, scratch it. Have an indoor trad in her father’s sitting room, proceed to a registry if you want.

This is 2021 for God’s sake. The people you want to come for a wedding, some of us do not even have money for transport. If we come, we no fit spray you pass 2k.

167 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Ishilove: 8:49am On Jul 28, 2021
pocohantas:
Wedding ceremonies are not compulsory, especially now that we are in perilous times.

I don’t know how you will write that list with numerous zeros and sleep well at night. The only people that write the price of groundnut oil and tin tomatoes themselves are people working on a very tight budget. Else you will handover the cooking to a caterer and she would multiply a plate by your estimated number of guests. How many litres of oil she uses wouldn’t be your business.

If you have to sit like this to bother your head about prices and inflation, scratch it. Have an indoor trad in her father’s sitting room, proceed to a registry if you want.

This is 2021 for God’s sake. The people you want to come for a wedding, some of us do not even have money for transport. If we come, we no fit spray you pass 2k.
He should thank God if they spray. Many will come to eat, drink, dance and fight for souvenirs, after which they will find who to hitch a free ride with back to their bustop.

The op strikes me as a stingy person, the kind that will measure the yams and rice level before he leaves for work so that his wife will not 'overcook'.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by pocohantas(f): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2021
Ishilove:

He should thank God if they spray. Many will come to eat, drink, dance and fight for souvenirs, after which they will find who to hitch a free ride with back to their bustop.

I don’t get the Nigerian obsession with wedding ceremonies. I saw a lady struggling to wed amidst the pandemic. Finally she decided they would move the date and her husband told her he won’t move the date by a second. I told her I will buy her husband one crate of his favourite drink. Na man im be!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by Ishilove: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2021
pocohantas:

Like! I don’t get the Nigerian obsession with wedding ceremonies. I saw a lady struggling to wed amidst the pandemic. Finally she decided they move the date and her husband told her he won’t move the date by a second. I told her I will buy her husband one crate of his favourite drink. Na man im be!

It is mostly for the fanfair and photographs. I know people who are struggling to make ends meet after lavishing their savings on the wedding ceremony. We can't always have what we want, and if it is your dream to have a big wedding but your pocket doesn't support that dream, do your thing quietly and move on with your life.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by pocohantas(f): 9:18am On Jul 28, 2021
Ishilove:

It is mostly for the fanfair and photographs. I know people who are struggling to make ends meet after lavishing their savings on the wedding ceremony. We can't always have what we want, and if it is your dream to have a big wedding but your pocket doesn't support that dream, do your thing quietly and move on with your life.

Omo! Ishi, if my children wan see my wedding picture, make them imagine am for their head. They should get creative abi imaginative, because I ain’t doing nothing!

Nigerian youths should start using their heads. They can organize a photoshoot if they want pictures for memory. After that, go for a honeymoon in a nearby African country. That is a whole lot better than sweating inside one hall while dancing skelewu, watching people drag foofoo, jollof rice and souvenirs, greeting unknown faces, including the ones that don’t mind tying your womb if they could. grin

HIGHESTPOPORI:
If you are not married, you don't have a right to advice people on how to do their wedding

I have the right to advise them because it is us they would want to sell 3yards asoebi for @ 25k. It is still us they would expect to spray them money that they can use to recoup their wedding expenses. It is us they will want to borrow money from after wedding. It is even worse when you are single because they assume you have no responsiblities. Whether single or married…they don’t spare us of their expectations. So I won’t spare them my advice!

Thank you.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by kingreign(m): 9:32am On Jul 28, 2021
EBUBS:
I wrote this weeding estimate four years ago thinking I'll get married but it didn't work out again. tongue
But with the way things are going in my current relationship I think it's going to happen this year grin.

So please if you know the updated price for the items on the list please drop it here so I'll upgrade it. I know say things don expensive cry
Thank for the feedback
You don't need 1 cow, 4 bags of rice for that wedding ceremony.
Just go to an abattoir, they can sell parts of cow butchered for you. With ₦50,000, plus ₦30,000 chicken, you're game. You just need 1½ bag of 50kg rice.

I'm trying to assist you plan efficiently and save cost. You do NOT need crowd, because even when you have crowd, you'd spend more, the foods, drinks will be wasted, some folks will also hijack the refreshments and hoard foods and drinks.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wedding Estimate 4 Years Ago by kingreign(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2021
Ishilove:

The op strikes me as a stingy person, the kind that will measure the yams and rice level before he leaves for work so that his wife will not 'overcook'.

Lol grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Married Mother Of 8 Dies From Abortion Complications, Boyfriend Impregnated Her / Whose Name Should Come First On The Wedding Invitations? / Excited Couple Celebrate 1st Wedding Anniversary With Doggy Pose Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.