Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! (4313 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: DSS Arrests Foreigners For Taking Pictures Of High Court / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me / Isong Akpabio: Godswill Akpabio’s Defection Shocked Me - Elder Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by onumadu: 1:22am On Jul 28, 2021
Kanu’s trial on the 26th of July exposed a few things that positively shocked me and should make every Igbo proud.

(1) There was lock-down of markets and businesses in Igboland and in places outside Igboland with considerable Igbo presence. I was shocked when someone in Lagos told me that they were not going to the market in solidarity with Kanu. When I put a call to the East, the same thing was happening, only more seriously. Even an APC chieftain told me that they were all staying at home in solidarity. The unity exhibited by Igbo in support of Kanu, in this trial, really shocked me!

(2) I was shocked by the number and caliber of Igbo lawyers that went to the court. Most them were BOLD AND FEARLESS and they came from different Igbo groups. The sheer number and caliber of lawyers that I saw in that court premises dwarfs the number of lawyers that are usually available -for one court case - in many independent countries of the world, certainly more than you would find in a typical African country. This showed that Igbo nation, AS IS, is a formidable one.

(3) There was almost a unanimous rally of Igbo political emotion and solidarity with Kanu. On that day, the Igbo seemed to realize, and express the feeling, that Kanu’s trial is the trial of the Igbo nation. There was no significant Igbo voice of dissension or discord on Kanu. There was a unanimous feeling of solidarity with Kanu, and this shocked me! I suspect that this feeling will grow stronger now that Kanu wasn’t even presented in court on that date.

(4) I must mention that non-Igbo showed up in solidarity as well, the most prominent of which was Omoyele Sowore. Another example was a man from Akwa Ibom (he was interviewed) and his total solidarity and boldness made me feel that non-Igbo Biafrans, though not as vociferous as Igbo , are perhaps as stoic in their solidarity, and it would be a mistake to assume that only Igbo support Nnamdi Kanu.

Overall, the Igbo nation showed that when things get serious, they can unite as one, and this can be summarized in what Barrister Goddy Uwazurike (the lawyer that represented Ohanaeze Ndigbo) said when interviewed. He said (paraphrasing ) that when you see a mad man going about his business, it would be a mistake to maltreat him, because it is when something bad happens to the mad man that his relations will come out to hold you to account (by implication).

- A very proud “Dotman”. grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Muna4real(f): 1:30am On Jul 28, 2021
May God bless everyone who stood with nnamdi kanu.

36 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Bluntguy: 2:37am On Jul 28, 2021
Any dot in any circle is the bull's eye. It is the real prize.

34 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by budaatum: 3:59am On Jul 28, 2021
"a bu me onye dot'

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by blackpanda: 4:03am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
onumadu:
Kanu’s trial on the 26th of July exposed a few things that positively shocked me and should make every Igbo proud.

(1) There was lock-down of markets and businesses in Igboland and in places outside Igboland with considerable Igbo presence. I was shocked when someone in Lagos told me that they were not going to the market in solidarity with Kanu. When I put a call to the East, the same thing was happening, only more seriously. Even an APC chieftain told me that they were all staying at home in solidarity. The unity exhibited by Igbo in support of Kanu, in this trial, really shocked me!

(2) I was shocked by the number and caliber of Igbo lawyers that went to the court. Most them were BOLD AND FEARLESS and they came from different Igbo groups. The sheer number and caliber of lawyers that I saw in that court premises dwarfs the number of lawyers that are usually available -for one court case - in many independent countries of the world, certainly more than you would find in a typical African country. This showed that Igbo nation, AS IS, is a formidable one.

(3) There was almost a unanimous rally of Igbo political emotion and solidarity with Kanu. On that day, the Igbo seemed to realize, and express the feeling, that Kanu’s trial is the trial of the Igbo nation. There was no significant Igbo voice of dissension or discord on Kanu. There was a unanimous feeling of solidarity with Kanu, and this shocked me! I suspect that this feeling will grow stronger now that Kanu wasn’t even presented in court on that date.

(4) I must mention that non-Igbo showed up in solidarity as well, the most prominent of which was Omoyele Sowore. Another example was a man from Akwa Ibom (he was interviewed) and his total solidarity and boldness made me feel that non-Igbo Biafrans, though not as vociferous as Igbo , are perhaps as stoic in their solidarity, and it would be a mistake to assume that only Igbo support Nnamdi Kanu.

Overall, the Igbo nation showed that when things get serious, they can unite as one, and this can be summarized in what Barrister Goddy Uwazurike (the lawyer that represented Ohanaeze Ndigbo) said when interviewed. He said (paraphrasing ) that when you see a mad man going about his business, it would be a mistake to maltreat him, because it is when something bad happens to the mad man that his relations will come out to hold you to account (by implication).

[/s]

Nonsense.
Una go tire. If u like shut down your oxygen. Trial continues grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by SweetiliciousD: 4:09am On Jul 28, 2021
My comment in picture.

#AProudDotian

18 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by BigDick70inch(m): 4:37am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
onumadu:

[/s]

Wch lockdown
Seems......yo cheap crack is taking a toil on u.....

Didn't u......read military guys forced people not to open their shops??

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Chigold101(m): 4:41am On Jul 28, 2021
BigDick70inch:
[s][/s]

Wch lockdown

hate won't allow people like you yo read and understand.

Tell where you read military didn't allow people to open their shops on Monday 26th July.

26 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by englishmart(m): 4:47am On Jul 28, 2021
WITH ALL UNDUE RESPECT!

We are not here to shock anyone. We're not electricity.
God bless Biafrans and Biafra. The Biafran ideology isn't one that would die even if the entire Igbos in Nigeria were exterminated or wiped out. If over 3m deaths couldn't impede our pursuit of freedom from a semi-independent nation, nothing ever would.
The more you kill us, the lesss we care.
Biafra we must achieve. Now or later.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by BigDick70inch(m): 4:58am On Jul 28, 2021
[s]
Chigold101:

hate won't allow people like you yo read and understand. [/s]

Tell where you read military didn't allow people to open their shops on Monday 26th July.

No time to hate.......
Search for that......
It even made front page......
Stop being ignoramus......

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Samfloxin(m): 4:58am On Jul 28, 2021
The very foundation of the nation is weak, collapse is imminent
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by onumadu: 5:19am On Jul 28, 2021
BigDick70inch:
[s][/s]

Wch lockdown

We are talking about the 26th of July. On that day there were no police or army anywhere in sight in Onitsha, and other places.
Some were saying that the fear of UGM may have caused it.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by BigDick70inch(m): 5:30am On Jul 28, 2021
onumadu:

We are talking about the 26th of July. On that day there were no police or army anywhere in sight in Onitsha, and other places.
Some were saying that the fear of UGM may have caused it.

But then......a guy had his car smashed for not obeying the sit at home........

Probably the ugm....lol
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by jlinkd78(m): 5:33am On Jul 28, 2021
Nnamdi Kanu deserves all d support and endorsement from all and sundry including outside core Igbo States. As at now it's only Joe Igbokwe that I have on record that openly disparaged Nnamdi Kanu but his case is understandable. Every other known political elite in d East has directly or by extrapolation made it clear that they are not in any way against Nnamdi Kanu. @ op maybe u forgot the massive rallies going on around d world. Seeing those beautiful Reverend Sisters with d beautiful Biafran coloured nosemasks in d Rome protests gave me goose pimples and resonates my conviction that aka Chineke di na ya

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by techWriter1: 6:01am On Jul 28, 2021
Any speck in any coterie is the buffalo's eyelid. It is the real prizewinner.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by kollinz1234(m): 6:03am On Jul 28, 2021
jlinkd78:
Nnamdi Kanu deserves all d support and endorsement from all and sundry including outside core Igbo States. As at now it's only Joe Igbokwe that I have on record that openly disparaged Nnamdi Kanu but his case is understandable. Every other known political elite in d East has directly or by extrapolation made it clear that they are not in any way against Nnamdi Kanu. @ op maybe u forgot the massive rallies going on around d world. Seeing those beautiful Reverend Sisters with d beautiful Biafran coloured nosemasks in d Rome protests gave me goose pimples and resonates my conviction that aka Chineke di na ya
kindly share pictures

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by rex444(m): 6:04am On Jul 28, 2021
Am still baffled at the cods here ....don't let your biased ignorance stir up something here that the government will be looking for U someday oooo... Control this unwarranted traffic.... If you could , sensor posts
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Fahdiga(m): 6:05am On Jul 28, 2021
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Nonsense.
Shut up

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by kollinz1234(m): 6:07am On Jul 28, 2021
Igbo is the envy of many. Chech anywhere Igbo is in the minority and you can single them out by success or achievement. In my office, we are just two igbos out of 38 employees but the both of us got promoted to senior level and now out of the entire 38 only 3 are at senior level, two being Igbo.

The Israelites were enslaved for over 400 years in Egypt but eventually they became free and more powerful than all the Arab nations join together. Igbos are 60 years in this God forsaken contraption called Nigeria but one day, we will be free

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Daniel058(m): 6:07am On Jul 28, 2021
OHAMADIKE aburo guy name.

Album_Onye_dot_nation 100 ✓

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by kollinz1234(m): 6:08am On Jul 28, 2021
rex444:
Am still baffled at the cods here ....don't let your biased ignorance stir up something here that the government will be looking for U someday oooo... Control this unwarranted traffic.... If you could , sensor posts
na today? Government wen don de tire.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Arda1000(m): 6:11am On Jul 28, 2021
Onye àghana nwanne ya,we will always be there for our own especially in times of need
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Basher8583: 6:16am On Jul 28, 2021
kollinz1234:
Igbo is the envy of many. Chech anywhere Igbo is in the minority and you can single them out by success or achievement. In my office, we are just two igbos out of 38 employees but the both of us got promoted to senior level and now out of the entire 38 only 3 are at senior level, two being Igbo.

The Israelites were enslaved for over 400 years in Egypt but eventually they became free and more powerful than all the Arab nations join together. Igbos are 60 years in this God forsaken contraption called Nigeria but one day, we will be free

So you still have 340 more years to go. Whats the hurry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by limeta(f): 6:20am On Jul 28, 2021
After the civil war were 3 million were killed and igbos are still back on Biafra only a fool will try to stop them .

Buhari is a terrorist

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by velocity25(m): 6:35am On Jul 28, 2021
We can be on our knees for any mortal Man,
May God be praise
God bless Umu-Igbo
God bless Umu-Chineke
God bless Biafrans

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Musty112: 6:43am On Jul 28, 2021
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by jodeci(m): 6:46am On Jul 28, 2021
[s][/s]
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Nonsense.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by ThatFairGuy1: 6:48am On Jul 28, 2021
In simple term
Terrorist are UGM
UGM are ESN
ESN are IPOB
IPOB are Igbos
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Obyangel: 6:53am On Jul 28, 2021
Igbo amaka, Igbo bu ndi oma, igwe bu Ike. God bless Nigerians and let the Igbos remain blessed, the only children of Zion.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by kollinz1234(m): 6:58am On Jul 28, 2021
Basher8583:

So you still have 340 more years to go. Whats the hurry
cheesy. Your Quota system brain and parasitic tendency was not part of the Egyptian system that would have made the Israelites go earlier

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by Rugaria: 7:00am On Jul 28, 2021
If you monitor the political tempo in igboland since Kanu was kidnapped, you will notice that more than ever since this whole agitations started,People are now genuinely upset and roaring to go. Don't take my words for it.. , do your research. Even when his house was atacked few years ago, people were just upset and demoralized. But now ? There's a remarkable change and difference. People seem very ready to engage this time.

It's a sign of things to come. I have always told folks that the movement will be moving from stage to stage untill it reaches a crescendo. Buhari is not helping matters with his tone deaf, sardonic and parochial administrative style... Nigerians are not there yet! When they're finally there, when their patience is finally stretched beyond limits, they will be the ones to drag that Egyptian mummy out of Aso Rock for his well documented heinous crimes against humanity in this country..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Ndigbo Shocked Me! by AntiBMC(m): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2021
May God bless every true biafran, who has sacrificed one thing or another. Victory is close.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Once, I Am Proud Of OUK. / Ehiemere Fighting Tooth, Nail To Protect His Financial Misappropriations - APGA / Shocking: See The Nigerian Food I Bought For #200 In Portharcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.