Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,187 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone (7893 Views)

Killed For Asking For Dance In A Party(Pictured) / Damoche's Murder: Police Recovers His Phone / Photo: One Of The UNIPORT Students Killed For Stealing Phone And Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by johndavid1(m): 8:45pm On May 16, 2011
sad news cry cry crymay rest in peace
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Tokotaya: 9:02pm On May 16, 2011
Sad. Should have called the cops instead of attempting to collect the BB with his mates' help. Depressing how they kill Nigerian youths in the UK these days.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Nizoral(f): 9:58pm On May 16, 2011
wow!!! It is well RIP Temi!
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by mazamaza: 11:23pm On May 16, 2011
yes, I agree with GUK, even if not for the children who might be british born, what rights their parents have as nigerians should still count and cover for them and should be the business of the government representatives we have from our beloved country. The rate at which nigerian kids have been killed in the last 12 months is alarming,  usually 9 out of 10 reported teenage deaths are nigerian and it really is not funny anymore.

May his soul rest in peace and may the culprits be made to paid for this gruesome act.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 12:41am On May 17, 2011
^^What can the Nigerian government do that the British have done done to help stop this?
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Sagamite(m): 1:37am On May 17, 2011
I am not saying this in hindsight: I don't know how anyone can give a child a easily visible £140 (or more) tool to carry around and not know they are increasing the personal risk of the child.

So sad a young boy has died for blackberry.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 1:45am On May 17, 2011
^^I was wondering the same thing too.
Is £10 phone not enough to make and receive calls and also text.
Is £10 walkman not enough for your child to listen music to?
Is £10 single use camara not enough for your child to take memories ?

See the wahala parents are causing.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Nobody: 6:02am On May 17, 2011
Tee_Jay:

He didn't die because of BB, he died because some animals decided to kill him for a seemingly worthless gadget. These same animals would gladly kill for £10 just to get their next fix, What a shame!
RIP Temidayo, , one way or the other your killers would get what they deserve.

GBAM! undecided
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Sagamite(m): 6:21am On May 17, 2011
Guk:

Root cause(s) of these deaths need to be looked into, too many too often.
At least half a dozen teenage Nigerians have died from such violence in London in 2011 alone.
What is the Niagerian High Commission doing?
What is Bianca Ojukwu, Special Adviser to GEJ on Diaspora doing?
What is Abike Dabiri, Chairperson, House Commitee on Diaspora doing?

mazamaza:

yes, I agree with GUK, even if not for the children who might be british born, what rights their parents have as nigerians should still count and cover for them and should be the business of the government representatives we have from our beloved country. The rate at which nigerian kids have been killed in the last 12 months is alarming,  usually 9 out of 10 reported teenage deaths are nigerian and it really is not funny anymore.

May his soul rest in peace and may the culprits be made to paid for this gruesome act.

No 1, there is no evidence that Nigerian youths are being targeted specifically.

No 2, people of Nigerian origins have the liberty of movement. If the Nigerian government have a problem with the reality of UK, they are free to let their people return to Nigeria. Instead of lame and ridiculous complaints you suggested, they should make "home" attractive enough for their citizens to stay or go back to.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by slap1(m): 7:18am On May 17, 2011
R.I.P. What a shame to these 'First World' kids, always killing for no reason. Rest in peace, young bro!
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by oluwabamis(m): 9:49am On May 17, 2011
BB is one of the most innovative gadget of today. Its however unfortunate that we have grossly abuse this technology. The culprits are girls, (have you watched blackberry babes by nollywood?) its madness. If I have a brother or sister who has a tendency to let BB take his or her life, I will just collect the toy and smash it right there. Its better to be alive without a BB than to kill oneself with one.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by mcnepow(m): 12:14pm On May 17, 2011
www.vanguardngr.com/2011/05/3-charged-with-murder-of-a-nigerian-youth-in-uk/

London – Three teenagers
were on Monday in London
charged with the murder of
Temidayo Ogunneye 15, a
Nigerian school boy in the
UK.
Kieron Carew-Donaldson, 18
of Brixton, Darius Kwakye, 18
of Camberwell and a 17 year
old girl who has not been
named, also faced a two
counts charge of robbery.
A statement from the London
Metropolitan police quotes
Chief Inspector John
Mcfarlene, who is leading the
investigation as saying that
Ogunneye was the fifth
teenager to be stabbed to
death this year in the city.
He said the deceased was
earlier attacked and robbed
of his Blackberry mobile
phone.
“It is believed that Ogunneye
returned to the area to
confront the robbers and
tried to recover the phone.
He was stabbed in
confrontation with the large
group of youths on
Wednesday,’’ Mcfarlene said.
He said more arrests were
expected to be made in
connection with the case
and appealed to
witnesses to come forward
and testify. (NAN)
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by mcnepow(m): 12:19pm On May 17, 2011
Good to know suspects have been arrested n arraigned. When will 9ja be able to carry out such result oriented investigations?
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by philip0906(m): 12:34pm On May 17, 2011
mcnepow:

Good to know suspects have been arrested n arraigned. When will 9ja be able to carry out such result oriented investigations?

hopefully,next century. . .
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 1:33pm On May 17, 2011
^^And someone was saying Nigerian Government should do something?
What? It has already been done.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 17, 2011
slap1:

R.I.P. What a shame to these 'First World' kids, always killing for no reason. Rest in peace, young bro!

there are killers every where not just in the first world.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by calvinwhcs: 4:35pm On May 17, 2011
his friends need to go back an avenge him or they be cowards
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by mcnepow(m): 5:07pm On May 17, 2011
calvinwhcs:

his friends need to go back an avenge him or they be cowards

Nwannem, jooooor o!
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by Blazay(m): 8:45pm On May 17, 2011
That is why Nigerian immigrants should stop living in BLACK ghettos!
It his parents had stayed in school and 'moved' up from the Nigerian ghettos 'abroad'. . this poor boy would have had a chance from those 'akatastrophik' ne'er do wells(aka Black-ghetto booshi-rats!)

Fancy coming all the way to the US to live in an environment where you could be killed for a 'phone'? undecided

Goes to show what an indigent neighbourhood they lived in.

I have not heard of any market woman in Idumota or Pound  Road. . . not to mention Uselu market being gunned down for a mere phone. . .

Even if it were an I-phone and a Black/Blue berry MUFFIN of a phone combined!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrantus Nonsensicus!!!! angry

Nigerian-born Temidayo died in hospital six hours after the fight on the Calais Gate estate in Camberwell, South London, on Wednesday afternoon.

I rest my 'walnut' case!
These ones will be telling the world that they live abroad too? undecided
Is it not berra to go back to their villages in Nigeria?
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 8:55pm On May 17, 2011
^^They tend to live up Hackney, southeast london and all them corner corner where the crime is much severe.

I remember once passing through the ghetto side of hackney, I was shiiting myself  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by queensmith: 10:26pm On May 18, 2011
This sounds like gang violence- if he wasnt stabbed he'd have probably done the stabbing. thats the life in camberwell for you
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 12:16am On May 19, 2011
Oh no, no nowadays almost every kid is carrying a knife whether in a gang or not.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by queensmith: 6:51pm On May 19, 2011
so are people sympathetic because hes nigerian??

you wanna go and check the number of nigerians currently in British prison for murder

better still look up the ones on trial, and even check the crime lists!
kandiikane:

Oh no, no nowadays almost every kid is carrying a knife whether in a gang or not.

yea but he brought his friends?? and he knew the people that stole his phone. Sounds like another postcode crime!
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 12:47am On May 20, 2011
Ok, lets say I was on my own and some girls living in my area stole my phone and I then went and call my friends to help me get it back is that postcode crime?

It could be in his case but not necessarily.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by queensmith: 7:17am On May 20, 2011
kandiikane:

Ok, lets say I was on my own and some girls living in my area stole my phone and I then went and call my friends to help me get it back is that postcode crime?

It could be in his case but not necessarily.

the question is, if a group of knife wielding thugs stole your phone will you take some girls to retrieve it?? will you really?
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 11:51am On May 20, 2011
No that is not the question here queensmith, you said it is a postcode crime. Do you know what a post code crime is? It is not a poscode crime if someone stole my phone and I went to call my fellow mates to help retrieve it.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by queensmith: 2:13pm On May 20, 2011
Lol yes i know what a postcode crime is. Its nothing to do with the phone. Its just their type of warfare against one another-
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by kandiikane(m): 7:28pm On May 20, 2011
Ok, so we can say the postcode was not the issue here but the theft of the phone.
Re: Stabbed (nigerian) Teen Was Killed For His Phone by tunchi88(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
Let's not blame BB or anything,what if it was a nokia fone..dnt u fink that those Godforsaken hoddlums wil stl colleect the fone frm the boy..the boy was just unfortunate and was at the wrong place at the wrong time..RIP bro...

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Girl Was Raped In My Neighbourhood Overnight. (photo updated) / Police Nab Serial Goat Thief In Kaduna / VIDEO: Ghanaian Woman Jump Off 40 Storey Building, Husband Cheats With Her Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.