Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo (12088 Views)

CAF Reduces Austin Oladapo’s Ban To Six Months / Doping: CAF Bans Oladapo Augustine (Enyimba Captain) / Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by gleamy(m): 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Maybe He realise soon, he won't be relevant.. Dude win stay relevant
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by ToastingAllowan: 5:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Bail out
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by Meekado007: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2021
Any driving job opportunity in Lagos? I need a job like that
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2021
JosephXavier:
FTC!!!

Just for ordinary Nigerian league and this one is taking contraband substances

Na so C Ronaldo and Messi take do am they come dey carry world best

They should stand with their player naa
I doubt if you actually read the explanation given by the club.

1 Like

Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by Yong4ever: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2021
Unfortunately you're not medically inclined, you would have understood that prednisone /prednisolone is more or less over the counter drug, called steroidal anti inflammatory drug, anyone with inflammatory conditions can take it, it can also act as immunosuppressant, if you had read before commenting, you would have seen the guy was having bronchitis which is an inflammatory condition.
JosephXavier:
FTC!!!

1 Like

Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
If that was his first time, then more investigation should be carried out. Everything is possible in this country. Your foes and enemies alike are not completely comfortable with your success or failure.
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by Yong4ever: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2021
[quote author=JosephXavier post=104222045]FTC!!!

Imagine!
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by olaarie(m): 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2021
Dash am out �

praiseneo:
Nothing consine us for nairaland with NPL

Make all of una getat including OP

This saloon equipment are for sale
Location Abulegba Lagos

Very cheap Awoof price
No issues
Just pay carry motor come carry am
Use am set up saloon

WhatsApp or call 080 6766 2004
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by olaarie(m): 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2021
Do you one that can enlarge the money in my account?

Hydrogen2020:
AMAZING OFFER shocked

Our organic herbal enlargement oil has effective ingredients that gives you the permanent size within 14 days

Our Award-winning HERBAL PENIS ENLARGEMENT organic OIL is the most advanced penis enlargement Product available worldwide. It's Developed with active ingredients with the sole purpose of giving you a permanent BIGGER, THICKER, STRONGER, and longer penis without any form of side effect.

This is Revolutionary!!! A Penis Solution That Gives You a Bigger, Thicker, Stronger, And Larger Penis. And Also Make you last 45 to 60min In Bed While maintaining and Healthy Erection.

I personally call it the “penis Brain REMEDY”

We work to safe Family and Relationship. Safe yourself from BEDROOM embarrassment. Be that MACHINE man, Madam need better Stroke. Order and enjoy the good pleasure.

CHECK my profile.
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by praiseneo(m): 6:06pm On Jul 29, 2021
olaarie:
Dash am out �

your location near? Make you stretch come carry am cheesy
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by mechanics(m): 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2021
They should investigate those drugs he took while on medication if actually some traces of the banned substance was found in the drugs
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by sojayy(m): 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2021
praiseneo:

Location Abulegba Lagos

Very cheap Awoof price
No issues
Just pay carry motor come carry am
Use am set up saloon

WhatsApp or call 080 6766 2004
Wetin u wan sell for here now? Abeg go use am do fire wood cook rice chop n use d mirror to dey look ur mouth as u dey chop am grin grin
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by praiseneo(m): 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2021
sojayy:

Wetin u wan sell for here now? Abeg go use am do fire wood cook rice chop n use d mirror to dey look ur mouth as u dey chop am grin grin
it’s funny I laughed and I’m not upset

Satisfied? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2021
Yong4ever:
Unfortunately you're not medically inclined, you would have understood that prednisone /prednisolone is more or less over the counter drug, called steroidal anti inflammatory drug, anyone with inflammatory conditions can take it, it can also act as immunosuppressant, if you had read before commenting, you would have seen the guy was having bronchitis which is an inflammatory condition.

Only in Nigeria is prednisolone over the counter? When did prednisolone become a treatment for acute bronchitis or a preventive treatment for covid 19? Those are all mumbo jumbo.

Another footballer suffering because the backwardness of our health care system.

1 Like

Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by Wickedfact: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2021
praiseneo:

Location Abulegba Lagos.

Na because of this firewood you dey talk rubbish about NPL.
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by praiseneo(m): 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2021
Wickedfact:

come thief am wether u no go turn ash
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by praiseneo(m): 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
Wickedfact:

come thief am wether we no go use the same firewood burn you grin
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by Wickedfact: 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2021
praiseneo:
come thief am wether we no go use the same firewood burn you grin
praiseneo:
come thief am wether u no go turn ash

I pity you. If I start with you tonight, you will regret ever registering on Nairaland.
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by praiseneo(m): 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2021
Wickedfact:

I pity you. If I start with you tonight, you will regret ever registering on Nairaland.
as you be Wetin na
You better humbly Fvck off be like u de mental
Who u de follow reason sh!t
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by Rotji(m): 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2021
robosky02:
Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain Austine Oladapo

https://www.completesports.com/enyimba-stand-by-banned-captain-austine-oladapo/

I'm with Enyimba on this and very glad they are standing by their player in this situation.

I'm hearing about Prednisolone being a banned substance in sports for the first time and very surprised by it. Prednisonlone is a prescription drug that my daughters have been taking to treat respiratory infections and I do take sometimes.

What I don't know is if Enyimba were aware about the drug being a banned substance and why they allowed him to play that match since they knew he was on treatment. The player is being punished innocently for the massive ineptitude bedeviling this country in every aspect.

I hope the club is able to fight to upturn the ban.
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by horllytee(m): 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2021
tishbite41:
Steroid wey no fit make u win Balloon D'Or?!

Afonjas and drugs
keep ur trash.prednisolone is not a hard drug,i do take it with ibubrofen wenever i feel cramps in my hands and legs.moreso,a sachet of 10 dose is sold for #100
Re: Enyimba Stand By Banned Captain, Austine Oladapo by DrTee1(m): 6:35am On Jul 30, 2021
A lot of backlash here is because of ignorance. Unfortunately, ignorance isn't an excuse in law or medical sciences.

Prednisolone is a banned drug in Sports. All Sports Physicians SHOULD know this. It doesn't matter whether it is abused in Nigeria or bought freely over the counter in Nigeria or not. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code has the drug on its list of banned substances as its use is against fair play in Sports.

That written, prednisolone, like most steroidal medication, can be used by a player/athlete if absolutely necessary AFTER the Sports Physician/Club Doctor has requested for and filled a document called THERAPEUTIC USE EXEMPTION (TUE) which is sent to the competition authorities on the same day the drug is given to the player or immediately afterwards.

I have worked as an international doping control official for CAF in the past, so this is basic knowledge. The team doctor knows all of these - and these questions are asked by the Doping Control officer from the player and his/her team doctor before the urine sample is collected after the match. It doesn't matter if the player has had a million negative doping tests previously.

He had a banned drug in his system without a TUE form WHEN THE SAMPLE was taken. Any other explanation AFTER the result is released is inconsequential. The forms filled during doping control tests specifically asks the following, more or less, among others:

What drugs is this player currently on?
Does he have a TUE form?
Are there specific drug declarations that the player/team doctor wishes to reveal at the point of testing?

This is just for education.

Indeed, Nigeria should conduct routine doping control tests in the football league. It is the reason why many ex footballers are not compatible with the society after their careers end - as many players in Nigeria play under the influence of many medications to boost their performances. In many instances, these drugs are harmful in the short, intermediate and long term as well as often unnecessary.

Long term use of Prednisolone, as commonly as it is abused, for instance, can cause severe adverse effects in chronic users/drug abusers. Such include adrenal suppression, kidney damage, predisposition to fractures, water retention in muscles etc which can really lead to major injuries and/or disabilities sooner or later etc. All these take a long time to show - and the abuser may not easily link it to the drug until a Doctor reviews the drug history of the person in the hospital to identify these.

I hope Nigerian Sports authorities can ring major changes in Sports Medicine and routine investigations in Nigeria in the light of this Oladapo unfortunate development as well as the ban of 10 Olympic athletes over their failure to have routine drug tests in Nigeria. Apparently, Oladapo and the athletes didn't know this would happen.

However, there are Sports scientists and Sports Physicians with experience and expertise in Nigeria who know. Nigerian Sports administrators know these people. We should engage them to do their work.

Professor Anugweje is the number one name in Sports Medicine in Nigeria. We didn't have to wait till the Olympics banned our athletes for failing to do out-of-competition tests, despite qualifying for the Olympics on merit, before we put up a structure in place manned by professionals, to do what we knew we should do.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Guts Gbenga Okunowo 's Home In Ibadan / He will never win premier league with MANCHESTER UNITED.despite how hard he try / Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.