Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses (8455 Views)

APC Congresses Under Threat As Court Declares Buni’s Chairmanship Illegal / Lai Mohammed: Why APC Congresses May Not Hold In Kwara, Three Other States / Heavy Gunfire In Orlu, Imo As Soldiers And ESN Clash (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Kwanza: 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2021
There is apprehension in Imo as a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) has stopped the All Progressives Congress (APC) from going ahead with Saturday’s congresses in Imo State pending a hearing of a suit brought before the court by the applicant, Okey Anyikwa.

Already, delegates for the congresses have arrived in the State and had been addressed by Governor Hope Uzodimma.

Anyikwa, who is the APC chairman of Ideato South Local Government Area, had approached the Court for an injunction restraining the APC from going ahead with the Saturday’s congresses because of the judgment of the Appeal Court that upheld the tenure of the State Exco elected in 2018.

Presiding Justice, Valentine Oriji, also threatened to invalidate the outcome of congresses if the party disregards the position of the Court.

The presiding judge had, after proceeding on Friday, ordered that all activities regarding the APC congresses in the State should be stayed, pending the hearing of the application slated for August 10.

However, Uzodimma, speaking at a pre-Congress luncheon for critical APC stakeholders in the State, urged them to conduct a peaceful congress.

“I have seen the amount of interest and commitment by many of our members towards the ward congress.

“If you don’t love the party, that expression of interest will not be there. Therefore, our job is to ensure that this huge goodwill is used maximally for the building and strengthening of our great party and metamorphose into an electoral force.

“I have seen the scramble and struggle for who will control structure and who will not control structure.

“This can only happen if the man presiding over has no political experience in Imo State.

“We are going to use a transparent guideline – which is an open contest. If you have a list of names you have written, please drop it.

“The people will say who will guide them. The guideline tells it all.

“I can go into a room and write a list for you, but I can’t because I want transparency.

“So, if I didn’t do it, please don’t do it. Let transparency rule us,” he added.

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-uncertainty-in-imo-as-court-halts-apc-congresses

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Wisefreedom: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2021
smiley
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by macolino(m): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2021
Odiegwu
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by vicdom(m): 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
cheesy
APC is in a big mess. I laugh at them shaaa... I watched Akintola, APC lawyer on channels this evening, I can tell you that by 2023, APC will no longer exist. Because they have dug their own grave already.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by deboysben(m): 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2021
May God destroy that evil party kpatakpata.

8 Likes

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by deboysben(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2021
APC has cause unimaginable pains to Nigerians.

Evil party build on lies falsehood.

May the blood of innocent people they killed continue to hurt them till they are completely destroyed.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Baba40(f): 9:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
vicdom:
cheesy
APC is in a big mess. I laugh at them shaaa... I watched Akintola, APC lawyer on channels this evening, I can tell you that by 2023, APC will no longer exist. Because they have dug their own grave already.

That Akintola is so arrogant and yet not convincing.... I dont understand is point really. Must they go into the risk? The risk is quite avoidable now

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by TheWolfen(m): 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2021
All these political party people sef.
The economy is nothing to write home about and the high inflation had turn people to beggars and nobody is saying anything about that?
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Saturn101: 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2021
House of Commotions.
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by FineUsername(m): 11:06pm On Jul 30, 2021
grin
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by rave401: 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2021
There is always uncertainty in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by smile11s(m): 11:07pm On Jul 30, 2021
It’s not only Imo, The whole country is an uncertainty

2 Likes

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Maxymilliano(m): 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2021
grin
Wahala just dey start, no peace for the evil party

1 Like

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by abokimallam: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
May God hasten the destruction of APC,alias herdsmen party, so that peace will come back to Nigeria again. Holy Ghost fire, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Zaxbash1: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
Association of past criminals APC

1 Like

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
APC? I waka pass.

1 Like

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Coolgent(m): 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
Oh Allah don't let APC continue to mess with our beloved 9ja

1 Like

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by garfield1: 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
vicdom:
cheesy

When will pdp cease to exist my boy?
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by garfield1: 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
deboysben:
May God destroy that evil party kpatakpata.

And pdp

1 Like

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Penguin2: 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2021
garfield1:

And pdp

Don’t you think it’s high time you accepted that APC is now a defunct party with a caveat emptor inscription?

1 Like

Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by KakeMP: 11:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
shocked WOW! Land a lucrative I.T Job in 2021. Grab this I.T MEGA BUNDLE and Go from ZERO to HERO in just 6 months. 30% discount expires tomorrow.
|==============>WhatsApp Me if interested<==============|
Suitable for all Job seekers, I.T professionals, Students, Corpers, Anyone with plans to change fields or travel abroad, Business owners, digital Marketers or if you're simply frustrated with lack of opportunities.
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by themanderon: 11:58pm On Jul 30, 2021
Greedy politicians fighting for their greedy outlandish interest. I only pity my gullible fellow Nigerians that choose to fight and die for them.
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by heronb: 2:51am On Jul 31, 2021
Recently, Australian TV broadcasted a spoof video on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s whites playing the role of Chinese people eating cockroaches and circulated on international websites. This is a slander of China, and even more disrespect for the Chinese. According to some Chinese Australians, the impact of the broadcast of the program is very bad, which will make foreigners have a stereotype of the Chinese and make the situation of the Chinese even more difficult. There are also local Chinese who said: This is simply racial discrimination.
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Soulsymbol99: 4:07am On Jul 31, 2021
Hope should just admit okorocha pass am politically and otherwise. Both na thief Las Las grin
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 31, 2021
Exercise in futility. APC should either do the needful now or will be embarrassingly irredeemable. Good luck to them.
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by babyfaceafrica: 9:43am On Jul 31, 2021
Penguin2:

Don’t you think it’s high time you accepted that APC is now a defunct party with a caveat emptor inscription?
but Pdp isn't any better?
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by babyfaceafrica: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
Hope should just admit okorocha pass am politically and otherwise. [b]Both na thief Las [/b]Las grin
very true
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by deboysben(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2021
garfield1:

And pdp
I don't deal with robot.
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by garfield1: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2021
deboysben:
I don't deal with robot.

Me 3 my boy
Re: Uncertainty In Imo As Court Halts APC Congresses by garfield1: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
Hope should just admit okorocha pass am politically and otherwise. Both na thief Las Las grin

In what way? He has always defeated rochas

(1) (Reply)

A Building Collapses In Abuja Kills Three (Pictures) / Jonathan Will Participate In 2013 Pilgrimage To Israel – Okpara / Titus Fish And Oil Reduced (picture).. Nigeria Which Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.