Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term (12448 Views)

‘They Will Labour To Death’ — Tinubu Hits PDP, LP At APC Mega Rally In Osun / Convention: Anxiety Grips PDP Over Secondus’ Fate / 2023: Showdown Imminent In PDP Over Secondus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by afroniger: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2021
July 30, 2021

By Emmanuel Oladesu and Gbade Ogunwale

A crisis is brewing in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over the ambition of its National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, to get a second term in office.

His current tenure will end in December.

Two blocs are fighting over the main opposition party’s soul ahead of its national convention due to the chairman’s ambition.

Secondus, who is from Rivers State, rode to the position on the back of Governor Nyesom Wike, one of the party’s financiers.

But there is no love lost between the governor and the chairman.

While the Rivers governor is not willing to endorse Secondus for a second term, the PDP Governors’ Forum appears to be comfortable with his ambition.

A source said the contrasting positions may have led to friction between Wike and his Sokoto State counterpart, Aminu Tambuwal.

Although it was being speculated that both Tambuwal and Wike harboured a 2023 presidential agenda, the source said the duo now have contrary opinions about the prospects of a joint ticket.

A source said Wike wants Secondus out because the next chairman and vice-presidential candidate cannot come from one state.

“Wike wants to be on joint PDP presidential ticket in 2023. With Secondus as chairman up to 2023, that chance will be lost. Secondus and Wike are from the same Southsouth, the same Rivers State.

“It is obvious that the PDP cannot field a Southsouth/Rivers man on its joint presidential ticket when the party chairman is also from Southsouth/Rivers. So, Secondus’ chairmanship will be an obstacle to Wike’s ambition,” added the source.

But Tambuwal is said to be supporting Secondus to retain the chair so that his bid for the PDP presidential ticket will sail smoothly.

He is reportedly banking on a running mate from the Southwest/Southeast.

So, he does not want the chairman to come from the Southwest or any part of the North.

According to party insiders, Wike and Tambuwal may fall apart, as former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar increases partisan rapport with the Rivers State governor ahead of the 2023 presidential nominations.

The source added: “If the Atiku-Wike romance sticks, it may jeopardise the prospects of Tambuwal/Wike ticket. On the other hand, the two serving governors may decide to agree to ditch Secondus for a Southwest man as PDP chair to enable them run together. The two have come a long way as strong political allies.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/crisis-hits-pdp-over-secondus-bid-for-second-term/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Charmingrascal(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2021
I am thinking of joining politics but I don't know which party's card I should carry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by cpu2006(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
The only way for pdp to win 2023 general election is to sack Secondus now.
#wikeactfast#
#Secondusout#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Smithkafors(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
Secondus should leave...... He has tried. If he continues, he will ruin PDP.

13 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Infinixhot6: 10:01pm On Jul 30, 2021
Scatter scatter scatter PDP.

7 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by lordm(m): 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2021
Nigeria's politics sha
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Monogamy: 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
Pdp die die die die

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Maxymilliano(m): 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
Uche Secondus is not seeking a second term. Every other hearsays as contained in the news is null.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Penguin2: 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Uche Secondus is not seeking a second term. Every other hearsays as contained in the news is null.

What if he is?

Wike's greed and ambition can go and hang for all I care.

If PDP is serious, they should repeat the 2019 ticket of Atiku and Obi.

Anything aside that and they would be joking.

7 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by smile11s(m): 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2021
They should just help us flush out Buhari and APC in 2023. Thanks in advance

4 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by rave401: 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2021
Wow! Its none of my business
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by WhizdomXX(m): 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
Hmmm. Nigeria Will Rise Again.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by LikeAking: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
Secondus no get conscience at all.
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by babyfaceafrica: 11:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
Charmingrascal:
I am thinking of joining politics but I don't know which party's card I should carry.
create your own party

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Bedtec: 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2021
Secondus can't be chairman again, he's not a good party leader
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Saturn101: 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2021
Another House of Commotions.
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by NLmopol(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
Odu meji
Awon aajee (the great witches)
The thinker
The SEEKER
DIAMONDINTHEROUGH
ALLI ABABWA
ALADIN
Abu
Genie �‍♂️
Fresh fm
Wakanda forever
NAIRALAND
Nigeria World Cup winning team
The rising sun
Omo oodua
Man o war Nigeria
Cadet initiative (NGIC)
The lost children of ABRAHAM
marijuana/cannabis sativa
Honey
Voice of the hero
Nollywood is bleeding
Elerin eye
Albert heinstein brain and last words
African giants
Monsters you made
Racism & discrimination
The Lord’s Prayer/fatihatul kitab
MADNESS realm and how to care for them at a semi speed of light
“Omo ina lan ran si ina - we send fire shaid to fire”
“Weerey la fin wo weerey - we use madness to cure madness “ D; (funke akindele jenifer)
Olamide Grammy dream

I could make a lala-lala but I wouldn’t do that, if you come after it you are nasa-il-dajal” (teeAce DITR)
Imam of peace
Acadip

HOLOGRAM

And lots moooooooooooooooorrrrrrrreeeeeeeee

I will raise among thy brethren like unto thee
I will put my name in his mouth and in my name he shall speak
Whatever he says is the truth
Deauterolomy 18:18

Programmers this are all codes to NEW PROSPEROUS NIGERIA “ONLY”! If you can get this to front page and to dr. Yinka ayefele at fresh FM at least before tomorrow afternoon
GOD(the supreme being)/ALLAH(SWT)THE OMNIPRESENT OMNISCIENCE OMNIKNOWEST is about to use Nigeria to heal the WORLD
Lalastic lala if you can do this your generation and that of every nairalander will be wealthy till for life

Slawormirr
Manabbqgrillz
Sapphire
Put this on all social media if you BELIEVE this is true

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by akanbiaa(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
Maybe it's time they looked for another person for peace to reign just like oshiomole was rested from role of APC chairman.
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by success1smyn(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
Give him second term na, at least because of his name

8 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by WhizdomXX(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
Penguin2:

What if he is?

Wike's greed and ambition can go and hang for all I care.

If PDP is serious, they should repeat the 2019 ticket of Atiku and Obi.

Anything aside that and they would be joking.
Says an All Progressive Card carrying member.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by mbahdi(m): 11:13pm On Jul 30, 2021
Rubbish make dem all scatter both pdp n. Apc who cares

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Penguin2: 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2021
WhizdomXX:

Says an All Progressive Card carrying member.

Is either you are new to Nairaland or what you are sniffing is not healthy for your sanity.
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by talk2maurice(m): 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2021
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by chloride6: 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2021
Lmao...

This is what will put the nail in the coffin of PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by ChasinGood(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2021
Make them getat too
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2021
It shall not be well PDP, how can a party rule for 16 years without build a single refinery and now they are blaming Buhari for the cost of Diesel, petrol, gas..., PDP are blaming for not provide electricity after they spent 16 years in power, PDP it shall not be well with you

7 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by deji17: 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2021
Nigeria Judges must be stupendously rich with all these cash and carry court judgements over political parties and politicians everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by mattenny: 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2021
Don't mind the nation newspaper
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by excomarow(m): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2021
PDP Na SCRAB
PDP Na SCAM

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by excomarow(m): 11:21pm On Jul 30, 2021
G
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Over Secondus’ Bid For Second Term by Harunabisanti(m): 11:22pm On Jul 30, 2021
He should be allow as his name implies SECOND DUST

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nothing Is Wrong With The Nigerian Education System - Buhari / Jonathan Might Win The Elections In 2015(see Statistics)!!!! / MTEF, 2017 Budget: Why NASS Is Angry With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.