Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test (36239 Views)

Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban / Tobi Amusan Provisionally Suspended For Anti-Doping Violations / Divine Oduduru Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test, Faces 6-Year Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Waffarianman(m): 7:45am On Jul 31, 2021
authority2006:

Irresponsible citizens yearning for a responsible leader. Change begins with you irresponsible followers.

Zone b afar

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Waffarianman(m): 7:49am On Jul 31, 2021
authority2006:

Irresponsible citizens yearning for a responsible leader. Change begins with you irresponsible followers.

Suffer no dey taya you and ur generation. Tufiakwa... Continue zonbie keep suffering. Mugu

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by newguy1(m): 7:51am On Jul 31, 2021
Lee99:
Don't blame buhari. Blame the athletes, these people are in the system, they know what substances are banned yet they still take them, which one be growth hormone drug again? Abeg make all of them come back, nonsense and Japan undecided
wrong it’s the responsibility of the team doctor and the authority to keep informing them of the bad substance.. I can give u lot of example but I really can type for long. U can try and search for the Russian team n drugs and also y olana of Ajax was ban for substance he never knew was ban but took it
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Waffarianman(m): 7:51am On Jul 31, 2021
VTJN:
Buhari is the cause of your empty head ba smiley wink

Very soon buhari will be the cause of your existence on earth smiley

Buhari has reduce you and your generation to nothing zombie... Suffer no dey taya you and your household na small pikin dey worry
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Kingrefreshed: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2021
fergie001:

SOURCE

Athletics Integrity Unit
I've told people there so much racism in this Tokyo. If possible they want to Ban all black people from participating.

I wish Africans can learn to retaliate for once

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 31, 2021
newguy1:
wrong it’s the responsibility of the team doctor and the authority to keep informing them of the bad substance.. I can give u lot of example but I really can type for long. U can try and search for the Russian team n drugs and also y olana of Ajax was ban for substance he never knew was ban but took it

What if I tell you that they do that already, plus there is so much information on banned substances on line that any layman can look it up.

Okagbare knowingly took drugs. Besides, the drug she took can only be injected intravenously, not given orally.

As for the Russian team, they took drugs willingly and their country also promoted it well well, and helped them hide it by using 'clean samples' instead of the athlete's sample. That's why they are taking part in the Olympics under sanction

As for onana...he did not feel well, so instead of going to a doctor, he took his girlfriend's medications? Okay....He still got banned for 9 months (plus frusemide is not a drug i would take happily like that)

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by kechywillz(m): 7:59am On Jul 31, 2021
Na innocent people wey naija govt kill finish no gree make dem succeed for anything
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 31, 2021
Kingrefreshed:
I've told people there so much racism in this Tokyo. If possible they want to Ban all black people from participating.

I wish Africans can learn to retaliate for once

There is no racism, or how do you explain the black athletes that actually won...especially the blacks that won the first three medals in the 10000 meters yesterday?

Okagbare took banned substances willingly. And she has to face the consequences.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by ayanbaba2(m): 8:02am On Jul 31, 2021
newguy1:

onana said "he take one of his wife medication..."
so unfortunate!

those Russians, they are something else. always failing drug test!
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Lee99: 8:06am On Jul 31, 2021
newguy1:
So is buhari the team doctor? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by themanderon: 8:06am On Jul 31, 2021
Shameless country. It would have been better if we had just stayed home instead of this shame and international disgrace we are getting for a nation of over 200m people. When the head is rotten everything will certainly follow suit.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by VTJN(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2021
Waffarianman:

Buhari has reduce you and your generation to nothing zombie... Suffer no dey taya you and your household na small pikin dey worry
Mr. complainer buhari wasn't the president when my family came into existence.

Very soon buhari will be the cause of your early morning erection smiley
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by somehow: 8:19am On Jul 31, 2021
Failing a drug test is solely the responsibility of the athlete and his or her coaching crew/doctor

Anyone blaming anybody else is ignorant!

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by heysquare(m): 8:20am On Jul 31, 2021
Lee99:
Don't blame buhari. Blame the athletes, these people are in the system, they know what substances are banned yet they still take them, which one be growth hormone drug again? Abeg make all of them come back, nonsense and Japan undecided
Why saying they shouldn't blame Buhari? Blaming Buhari is like a chip embedded in their blood stream! They're failed ppl

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by HoneySwag(f): 8:22am On Jul 31, 2021
Tonymegabush1:
Just today I was celebrating her progression Into semi final race now these[sub][/sub] undecided.. who we offend ni

I watched the race last night and was impressed by her performance because she came 1st.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by charlesucheh(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2021
They have planned coup d'etat for her..

Just because she spoke out!!!!!

It is well.....

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by fredoooooo: 8:32am On Jul 31, 2021
A perfect reflection of the state of the nation , the mindsets ...
Anyway oyinbo go puck who dem wan pick .. the real dopers are still there performing.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by ogododo: 8:34am On Jul 31, 2021
fergie001:

July 19........Why didn't they announce it before now?
Na because she won her heat.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Grandkay21(m): 8:34am On Jul 31, 2021
They hate Nigerian everywhere. From banning the other 10 Athletes to this our super star.

9ja devil go soon reject Una
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by fredoooooo: 8:34am On Jul 31, 2021
somehow:
Failing a drug test is solely the responsibility of the athlete and his or her coaching crew/doctor

Anyone blaming anybody else is ignorant!
They find joy in negativity, reason why they always see everything negative... and that's why negativity reflect in their daily lives..

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by chrisooblog: 8:40am On Jul 31, 2021
Beancounter94:

Messi is on what is called a 'medical exemption' that allowed him to use HGH for a condition he had.

In brief, Messi had a congenital condition where his body was not producing enough growth hormone, and as such needed treatment with HGH...since he was not growing properly without it.

As soon as he reached the age of 14 the treatments stopped.

The appropriate authorities know.
This growth hormone that blessing allegedly took can it be masked with another drug cos it doesn't make sense why she would take something that will be obviously detected SMH.
I know she won't probably be the only top athletes currently that will be using it but unfortunately as they say the person that you catch is the thief SMH again
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by somehow: 8:46am On Jul 31, 2021
fredoooooo:

They find joy in negativity, reason why they always see everything negative... and that's why negativity reflect in their daily lives..

Sometimes I wonder how these people make decisions in their daily lives if they can't even judge simple things properly online.

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by vibre: 8:51am On Jul 31, 2021
Mopolchi:
angryAt this her level, she still dey dope
It was an out of competition test, meaning all her samples taken during competitions were drug free. The world doping agency started one nonsense policy where they can just call you any time and test for drugs within one hour. There's no way she can know the impact of every single food or drink she takes in her day to day life. But if it's during competitions, her team officials will take care of that. Do you know you might go and buy ordinary rice and beans to eat, you won't know that one of the ingredients used in cooking it will make you test positive. One British athlete was banned just before the Olympics, she was shocked because she knew she didn't dope so they investigated and eventually found out that a Mexican restaurant where she use to hang out with her friends use an ingredient in cooking their meat and that's what made her test positive. Can you imagine that? Just going out to hang out with your friends and eat fish or goat meat only for the doping agency to come to your house suddenly and you test positive for what you know nothing about.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by fredoooooo: 8:54am On Jul 31, 2021
somehow:

Sometimes I wonder how these people make decisions in their daily lives if they can't even judge simple things properly online.
Frustrations!! Majority of them gtow up with fraud and crime mentality. They never believe things cam be done in a right way .

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by somehow: 8:59am On Jul 31, 2021
fredoooooo:

Frustrations!! Majority of them gtow up with fraud and crime mentality. They never believe things cam be done in a right way .

I thought Fraudsters are supposed to be smart?
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 31, 2021
chrisooblog:
This growth hormone that blessing allegedly took can it be masked with another drug cos it doesn't make sense why she would take something that will be obviously detected SMH.
I know she won't probably be the only top athletes currently that will be using it but unfortunately as they say the person that you catch is the thief SMH again

WADA is also alert to masking agents too.

Most of the drug testing protocol is borne out of decades of experience dealing with the various tricks dopers use.

Any masking agent is also tested for by WADA

Many top athletes are serving ban for drugs...the US athlete Coleman is even serving a ban for missing a few drug tests self, and as such will not be around to fight for the 100m title for men. Another top US atlete got banned for smoking weed before the show...and she was one of their best women sprinters.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 31, 2021
vibre:

It was an out of competition test, meaning all her samples taken during competitions were drug free. The world doping agency started one nonsense policy where they can just call you any time and test for drugs within one hour.

It is not a nonsense policy...there are tons of reasons (eg the BALCO scandal, and the East German doping scandal before that ) why such policies are in place.

There's no way she can know the impact of every single food or drink she takes in her day to day life

Most athletes have that knowledge by force by fire. (I even read of one US decathlete who withdrew to treat a respiratory ailment because treating it would have involved the use of a banned substance...back in the 1970's)

Besides, HGH can only be taken IV. Taking it through the mouth would lead to the drug being destroyed by your stomach acid content before it can be absorbed into your body

But if it's during competitions, her team officials will take care of that. Do you know you might go and buy ordinary rice and beans to eat, you won't know that one of the ingredients used in cooking it will make you test positive

Again, HGH cannot be taken orally for a beneficial effect.

The fact she tested positive means she injected it. Unless someone kidnapped her and forcefully injected her with the drug...or did it in her sleep....
One British athlete was banned just before the Olympics, she was shocked because she knew she didn't dope so they investigated and eventually found out that a Mexican restaurant where she use to hang out with her friends use an ingredient in cooking their meat and that's what made her test positive. Can you imagine that? Just going out to hang out with your friends and eat fish or goat meat only for the doping agency to come to your house suddenly and you test positive for what you know nothing about.

That was a different drug, and it was a 'steroid' not HGH which is a peptide hormone.(different thing).

And again. HGH can only appear in your blood if you injected it.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by snoopz: 9:31am On Jul 31, 2021
The Nigerian federation na mishap. Big one
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by infogeneral: 9:33am On Jul 31, 2021
They just wasted our money to go and do sight seeing in Tokyo.
That sport minister should be fired.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by Waffarianman(m): 9:34am On Jul 31, 2021
VTJN:
Mr. complainer buhari wasn't the president when my family came into existence.

Very soon buhari will be the cause of your early morning erection smiley

Suffer no dey taya u, Ekpa
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by adonaimart(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2021
Disastrous outing for our entourage!

With what am seeing in the AFN, participation in international events is just to get their hands on the sponsorship funds and govt allocations.

Patriotism is dead.
Re: Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test by VTJN(m): 10:04am On Jul 31, 2021
Waffarianman:

Suffer no dey taya u, Ekpa
Biko is Buhari the cause of your suffering?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FC Ifeanyi Ubah Players Wore Native Attire For Their FA Cup Trophy Parade / Why Are Headed Goals More Difficult To Save In Football? / Nigeria Vs France: (3 - 5) On Pens In U-17 Women's World Cup 4th Oct 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.