Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat (15312 Views)

Local Names For Tuna And Salmon / See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by OmoTier1(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2011
Why on earth will they call meat these;
1. round about grin
2. shock absorber grin
3. Appian Way
4. Iyabo ;P

feel free to expand the list!
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by favouredjb(f): 11:49am On May 17, 2011
Tinko
bogo
ishan
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by luvli(f): 11:50am On May 17, 2011
Towel
Bible
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by Nobody: 11:53am On May 17, 2011
u begin 2 wonder d criteria used in choosing what makes d front page
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by Nobody: 11:58am On May 17, 2011
Elbow killer
Lagbaja
ishan malaika
Ese madam
ponmo
favouredjb:

Tinko
bogo

ishan

shocked shocked grin grin shocked shocked
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by TeeJay6(m): 12:02pm On May 17, 2011
Abodi
Fuku
Ora
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by Ultrame(m): 12:16pm On May 17, 2011
How exactly did this tragedy get on the front page?
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by DoubleN(m): 12:20pm On May 17, 2011
Tozo!
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 17, 2011
There is a reason for everything the person that put it on the frontpage must have a reason, the reason maybe for people in Africa and in the world to know what they don't know about our cooked meat, it not good

Ultrame:

How exactly did this tragedy get on the front page?
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by shadrach77: 12:25pm On May 17, 2011
ogbeche77:

u begin 2 wonder d criteria used in choosing what makes d front page
exactly
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 17, 2011
Isi Ewu
Ngwogwo
Showboy
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by rumomonga(m): 12:37pm On May 17, 2011
Another definition of jobless-ness. Mchew

** flogging OP**
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by JUO(m): 12:46pm On May 17, 2011
lol
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by MPEROR: 12:49pm On May 17, 2011
What is SHOWBOY?
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by tjadeba(m): 12:57pm On May 17, 2011
MPEROR:

What is SHOWBOY?

Ponmo (hide)
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by Viques: 1:13pm On May 17, 2011
Assignment/ Homework
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 17, 2011
Brokoto
Towel
Cow leg
Cow tail
Shaki
panla, lol
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by araba1(m): 1:50pm On May 17, 2011
abodi
fuku
edo
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by adeshsam(m): 2:01pm On May 17, 2011
Fuku
Edo
Amon
Egun-gun Bogo
Biscuit bone
pomo funfun

Lol, funny at times
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by MeGaStReEt: 2:04pm On May 17, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Why on earth will they call meat these;
1. round about grin
2. shock absorber grin
3. Appian Way
4. Iyabo ;P

@Omo, can you please tell me (us) the meaning of the bolded
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by ralphade: 2:10pm On May 17, 2011
yar adua, kundi
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by davades(m): 2:17pm On May 17, 2011
Oni igba awe
Gbagba
Isan
Abo'di
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by ifyalways(f): 2:39pm On May 17, 2011
Yap,better thread!

Gearbox(head of fish)
Genesis&Revelation(head,neck and leg of fowl)
Tummy tuck(liver,kidney and towel tied with intestine)
Say cheese(goat head)
Homework(cow leg with some soft bones)

brb for updates.LOL

1 Like

Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by MeGaStReEt: 2:53pm On May 17, 2011
ifyalways:

Yap,better thread!

Gearbox(head of fish)
Genesis&Revelation(head,neck and leg of fowl)
Tummy tuck(liver,kidney and towel tied with intestine)
Say cheese(goat head)
Homework(cow leg with some soft bones)

brb for updates.LOL

lol @homework
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by biilwwu(m): 3:01pm On May 17, 2011
Fineboy- Pork
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by 0Edward0(m): 3:02pm On May 17, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy    wink wink wink  

cheesy cheesy cheesy    wink wink wink

Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by armyofone(m): 3:10pm On May 17, 2011
Ifyalways, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

make sense because i don see goat head for inside pepper soup wey dey laugh grin
the goat head was like posing saying 'cheese' in the pot
scary to eat grin
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 17, 2011
loooool
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by MMM2(m): 3:15pm On May 17, 2011
bush meath
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by indie22(f): 3:19pm On May 17, 2011
Eran igbe, grin
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by OmoTier1(m): 3:21pm On May 17, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

@Omo, can you please tell me (us) the meaning of the bolded
Honestly i have no clue! Just last week, i found myself watching NTA newsline and they did a report on how people in lagos were trooping to a local eatry which they called "buka" and in the report they made mention of these options of cooked meat! So i thought, hang on a minute, could there be more names given to local meat and if so, wouldn't it be nice to get to know what other tribes, zones/region of nigeria  call thier cooked meat?

Again isnt this the sort of thing 'tourist' would like to learn when they come visiting but hey where will they learn them from? Remember  whilst in France how one french local name for a local blue cheese burns thrilled me and I had to give it a go, hmmm but the looks and the name was opposite of what it tasted like!!

So feel free to tell us the names you and please also tell us the english equivalent!

Some I have read already is making me fall off my chair!!! grin grin - fineboy grin  Gearbox - grin grin grin
Re: Your Collection Of Nigerian Local Names For Cooked Meat by OmoTier1(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2011
@ALL
Which meat is called Shock absorber? cheesy cheesy cheesy

nigerians we really kinda funny with names we give to things!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tjskii Gives Birth To A Baby Boy. . . . Congratulations! / Nigerian Rice: A Call For Better Rice Mills / Palliatives: Rice Price Spikes As FG, States’ Suppliers Mop Up Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.