Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,095 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo (11895 Views)

Pa Adebanjo: At 94 I May Not Be Alive. U're The One To Suffer If You Vote Tinubu / Pa Adebanjo: I Warned Fasoranti To Be Wary Of Political Visits / You Can’t Force farm Estates On States, Pa Adebanjo, Ohanaeze, Others Tackle FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by afroniger: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2021
August 1, 2021

. Pa Adebanjo is being economical with the truth ― BOSF

By Chris Onuoha

Afenifere leader, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, has explained why he is a fan of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State despite not being in the same political party with Sanwo-Olu.

The nonagenarian said Sanwo-Olu deserved commendation for what he described as the governor’s prudent management of Lagos resources as well as the visible transformation of the state in a little over two years.

Despite their differences in political affiliation, Adebanjo and Sanwo-Olu had been seen together at Vanguard Personality of the Year 2019/2020 Awards held in Lagos penultimate Sunday.

Sanwo-Olu had emerged as Personality of the Year 2020 at the occasion alongside Governor Zulum of Borno State while the Afenifere leader was among the recipients of the Lifetime Achievement Award.

According to Adebanjo, the performance signature of the governor can be seen in all sectors of Lagos.

The elder statesman told Sunday Vanguard that Lagos under the leadership of Sanwo-Olu has continued to witness steady growth and development, especially in the areas of economy and infrastructural development.

The leader of the Yoruba influential group emphasized that the remarkable transformation of Lagos was impressively achieved by Sanwo-Olu despite the drastic reduction in the allocation to the state from the Federation Account.

He took time to applaud the revenue generation drive and leadership ingenuity of Sanwo-Olu in the last two years.

Adebanjo nonetheless charged the governor not to rest on his oars in his quest for a greater Lagos.

Similarly, the Coordinator of the Centre for Credible Leadership and Citizens Awareness, Dr Gabriel Nwambu, rated the performance of Sanwo-Olu very high in the last two years.

Nwambu, the resident in Lagos, lauded the governor’s aggressive and systematic approach to road infrastructures that had been delivered in quite a number of urban and rural communities.

“But I want him to improve the on-water project. Almost every city in Nigeria does not have potable water and we need to see properly planned efforts to overcome this problem in Lagos”, he said.

“But he has done so well on roads and building community road infrastructures.

“He has done very well. I will give him a high pass mark. He has done things that I am proud of. He has done very well.

“He should improve on the issue of security and water provision. I think those are the challenges he needs to focus on the more”.

Like Adebanjo, however, Nwambu commended the revenue generation ingenuity of Sanwo-Olu in view of the global economic meltdown occasioned by the Covid-19 pandemic.

He emphasized that the pandemic had ruined the global economy.

“Global economy has gone down and Nigeria is not an exception. Lagos State is also not an exception because it is an integral part of Nigeria. Most of the revenues in Nigeria are generated from Lagos State.

“You know, when you talk about FIRS and others, Lagos is one major state with the chunk of the revenues; but I know that the impact of Covid-19 has affected the state.

“So, Sanwo-Olu, as governor, has scored a pass mark. He has performed credibly well given the circumstances he found himself in governance”.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/why-im-sanwo-olus-fan-pa-adebanjo/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Tony3245(m): 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
Dedicate this Ftc to all legit hustler out there. May this new month favour all of us. Amen.

I be sanwo olu fan before the end sars protest now I don turn bulb wey don spoil��

Kindly check my signature for quality writeups....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by datola: 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sanwo-Olu is an excellent governor. He's completing previous administration's projects and embarking on new laudable ones.

I wish him all the best in taking Lagos to higher ground.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Sonnobax15(m): 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2021
grin
Blessed is he who has exchanged an empty hands with a fat brown envelope..For he shall start misyanning at the end of the day..

No be only fan,na A.C you be undecided

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Chieffoo007: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
Good to hear that

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by WhizdomXX(m): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2021
Me too

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Olamialphonso(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sundays are cash out days for Pastors.
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by akinmusi(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2021
Covid governor
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Nuelito: 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2021
Paddy paddy tinx
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Jerryherd: 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
Sanwo-Olu talks less and gets the Job done

10 Likes

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by zedprof(m): 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2021
Hnnnn.mmmmm
[b][/b]
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
cheesy
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by nairavsdollars(f): 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2021
Endorsement for second term. Sanwo-Olu no forget drop something
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Triangles1(m): 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
Story
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by updatechange(m): 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2021
I underestimated him too. But he still has 2 more years to perform better for his first term.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by ipobarethieves: 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
cool All praise/thanks to Ambode sad.If E pain Ur balls, deflate sad it,simple sad.He just they finished Ambode project up/down.Even railway traders/market pipu don return back.Thanks to Sanwo Eko sad
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by McOluOmo: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
Olu dey try....

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Thinktwicemybro: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
Masqueraders, pa adebanjo, bode George, FFK etc are all in the same boat. Ethnic Activist by day, political tortoise by night.
As far someone like bode George remains in charge of PDP in Lagos, the highest PDP will win is class prefect. They insult the frog eye by day and collect egunge to destroy PDP by night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Goldenheart(m): 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
sad
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by updatechange(m): 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2021
J for Jesus

McOluOmo:
J
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by deji17: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2021
This selfish people dont praise you for nothing. You can be rest assured that money and favours has exchanged hands.
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by joe54: 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
grin
Sanwo olu should forget any second term agenda. No matter the praises tinubu the greedy drug Baron will never allow it.
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by McOluOmo: 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
cheesy
updatechange:
J for Jesus

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
This man is slowly exposing his bigotry, Lagos never had democratic Governors as good as Tinubu and Fashola but he never appreciated their efforts. On the otherhand, may be dolars exchanged hand to silence Lagos state's PDP barking dogs!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by LamidiCownu: 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2021
Thinktwicemybro:
Masqueraders, pa adebanjo, bode George, FFK etc are all in the same boat. Ethnic Activist by day, political tortoise by night.
As far someone like bode George remains in charge of PDP in Lagos, the highest PDP will win is class prefect. They insult the frog eye by day and collect egunge to destroy PDP by night.
Shut up.
I'm sure you would have been happy if baba insulted Sanwo olu.
Afenifere is for Yorubas irrespective of anyone's political leaning.
Learn to mind your business.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Baawaa(m): 4:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
All these cannot secure his second term.
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by Joetttimua1811(m): 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
Noted
Re: Why I Am Sanwo-Olu's Fan — Pa Adebanjo by updatechange(m): 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2021
McOluOmo:
cheesy

E pain u? grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

'boko Haram Didn't Kill 150 In Yobe' - Army Releases Statement / Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance / Oritsejafor Donates Cars, Tricycles To The Less Priviledged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.