Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here (3948 Views)

Please Post All Your Java Programing Questions Here. / Post Your C#.net Questions Here / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here by segsalerty(m): 11:47pm On May 23, 2011
Otuabaroku:

^^^ Common guy, you do not need to be Java Champion to relate to those people you aspire to meet. All you need to do is develop a complex solution to solve complex problem that nobody has done before. You will be sprung to lime light and those your Java champions will be queueing up to meet you. Once again, what you can do is what matters not the certs you got.
another point
Re: Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here by SayoMarvel(m): 10:46pm On Jun 01, 2011
Nobody expects worshipping here. I'm not a guru. Check the old threads in this website, you will see how i started; horrible! I just wanted to give back to the community that helped me. Many of you guys helped me here. Just check the 2007/2008 threads or google my username (nairaland), you will see how I started from HELLO WORLD, I even learned how to add listeners to a JTextField on Nairaland. So many people here have MANY certs. And I respect them for that. The reason why I created this thread is not for me alone but for every experienced guy here to answer the questions of the upcoming ones. I had to go to foreign forums to get answers to stuff which should be available at home with the help of you gurus. So I thought this thread will help. As a matter of fact, I think you people are getting me wrong. Please let the people learn; I think this thread has gone off topic. I respect y'all and I hope to stand tall like you guys too wink
Re: Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here by Fayimora(m): 2:29am On Jun 02, 2011
SayoMarvel:
I started from HELLO WORLD, I even learned how to add listeners to a JTextField on Nairaland.
WOW!!!

Ok to start with, @Sayomarvel I would assume you really didn't create this thread for that(given that i cant read you mind). I really don't have anything to say. Let's just end that part of the discussion here. So now the question is,

How about we get back on topic?

Thanks
Re: Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here by turbo47: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2011
Haba! some people on this thread are just dream killers.

I was enjoyn very educative and helpful posts, all of a sudden rubbish talk of "I am better than u" creeps in.

Only shallow minds will mis-interprete the very humble approach of SayoMarvel to mean arrogance.

If you cannot be of help, support those who help others especially when you are amongst those who need help the most.
Re: Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here by SayoMarvel(m): 2:17am On Jun 04, 2011
I appreciate everybody here. Thanks guys. Buh I have A̷̷̴ quick question. Why are we advised τ̲̅ȍ validate Strings using the RegEx expression stated in the API documentation for java.lang.Double.valueOf() method in an if statement before attempting τ̲̅ȍ parse them τ̲̅ȍ double when we can just attempt the parsing and wait for an exception if the String does not follow the allowed format?
Re: Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here by Luka316(m): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
why was my post deleted/
Re: Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here by SayoMarvel(m): 2:53am On Jun 07, 2011
Nobody answered this question? Okay mr. mod, please clear all the off-topic posts so that the gurus will see the contents this thread is meant for and answer the questions.
Re: Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here by Fayimora(m): 12:51am On Jun 09, 2011
ok gimme 30mins
Re: Post Your Ocpjp (scjp) Questions Here by SayoMarvel(m): 10:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
I believe the reason is performance. There's a lot of performance overhead associated with the exception handling mechanism in Java which is why game programmers often avoid Ȋ̝̊̅† (exceptions) and instead, they rely on other methods like if, else, assertions, etc (check GAME DEVELOPMENT IN JAVA). It was not explicitly stated in the API why programmers are advised to validate the input (I guess they do not want τ̲̅ȍ expose their downside τ̲̅ȍ avoid criticism in the traditional "Java vs. C++" arguments). Do you have any other idea?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let's Set Up a Non-Profit Developer Network / Which Programming Language Is Used In Programming Sim Cards? / Managed Extensions for C++.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.