Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria (1692 Views)

Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Yoruba And Hausa Clash In Mile 12 Lagos / Reasons Why The Yoruba’s And Hausa's Are Very Happy Being Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by mithel(m): 1:56am On May 16, 2011
I am begging and urging everybody on nairaland to do away with not only tribal differences but religious too.

We are Nigerian before being any other thing.when you travel out of the country,they dont group as anything other than a Nigerian.

Let all of us work together for our country,so let us sheate our swords and hug each other.

What does it matter if the president is from a particular region or of a particular religion,so far he does his job,that is what matters.lets forget about the past and start a new crusade of unity in our country.

Infact lemme be the first to apologise.i am sorry if i have ever insulted any group on NL (doubt if i have done that,but u can neva know),but am sorry.everybody,if you know u r guilty,apologise and dnt go back to it again.

ONE NIGERIA
Good People Great Nation.
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by doctorT(m): 7:46am On May 16, 2011
I hope we can still come together as a country. Until we bury all sentiments in us,
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by mithel(m): 10:00am On May 16, 2011
My brother,i hope so o,some ppl dont even want us to forget those sentiments.as you can see now,we have 35 views,only 1 reply and am sure,some of them are guilty o.i just hope they decided to change and didnt want to reply at all
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by hollandis(f): 10:19am On May 16, 2011
Bleep off
I dont believe in One Nigeria.Tribalism still rocks the economy like shitt.Nigerian Army has been zoned to Hausas ,Dowsream sector zoned to yorubas but now that a hausa man is on board,there will be a re route to hausas.
Bleep offfffffff
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 10:23am On May 16, 2011
^^You have started, abi?
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by hollandis(f): 10:28am On May 16, 2011
Yorubas arevery tribal.Its in their blood
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by udezue(m): 10:29am On May 16, 2011
Shyts all over this thread. cool
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by mithel(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2011
hollandis:

bleep off
I dont believe in One Nigeria.Tribalism still rocks the economy like shitt.Nigerian Army has been zoned to Hausas ,Dowsream sector zoned to yorubas but now that a hausa man is on board,there will be a re route to hausas.
bleep offfffffff

does it really matter,who is where,so far he works and does his job well,no wahala.
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by mithel(m): 10:37am On May 16, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^^You have started, abi?

but,you too show maturity and dont respond to it.cmon,lets make this work
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 10:45am On May 16, 2011
Let's hope so. . . Watching with keen intrest.

mithel:

but,you too show maturity and dont respond to it.cmon,lets make this work
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by hollandis(f): 10:52am On May 16, 2011
shyte all over this thread 2
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by ShangoThor(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2011
Personally speaking, there isn't a problem when it comes to acknowledging and respecting diversity amongst the populace.

However, accepting that a few ethnic groups that perceive themselves as being religiously distinctive, have a recurring right to perpetrate 'murder en masse' due to the alleged existence of a political grievance is akin to burying ones head in the sand.

I say shame on all Nigerians that prop up this fake notion of national consciousness, for we (as we are all responsible) have managed to build a National psyche that tolerates inter-communal intolerance.

A lot of the problems that exist in Nigeria today stem from the fact that we lack OBJECTIVITY as a nation. When a problem occurs people would rather paper over the cracks or sweep the cobwebs under the carpet.

So what are we talking about here, slapping each other over the back and forgetting the catastrophic inhumane fate of all those just killed during the elections, and thanking the lord that no members of our family were slaughtered? Or is it more pertinent to just passively wait for the next set of events that will spark off more mass killings in the country?

The bottomline is that if the country (Nigeria) does not stand for justice, common decency, legality, transparency, protection of individual civil liberties, security and the promotion of prosperity of all the citizenry then bleep the country because there is absolutely no point in flogging a dead horse.
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by aljharem3: 11:43am On May 16, 2011
ShangoThor:

Personally speaking, there isn't a problem when it comes to acknowledging and respecting diversity amongst the populace.

However, accepting that a few ethnic groups that perceive themselves as being religiously distinctive, have a recurring right to perpetrate 'murder en masse' due to the alleged existence of a political grievance is akin to burying ones head in the sand.

I say shame on all Nigerians that prop up this fake notion of national consciousness, for we (as we are all responsible) have managed to build a National psyche that tolerates inter-communal intolerance.

A lot of the problems that exist in Nigeria today stem from the fact that we lack OBJECTIVITY as a nation. When a problem occurs people would rather paper over the cracks or sweep the cobwebs under the carpet.

So what are we talking about here, slapping each other over the back and forgetting the catastrophic inhumane fate of all those just killed during the elections, and thanking the lord that no members of our family were slaughtered? Or is it more pertinent to just passively wait for the next set of events that will spark off more mass killings in the country?

The bottomline is that if the country (Nigeria) does not stand for justice, common decency, legality, transparency, protection of individual civil liberties, security and the promotion of prosperity of all the citizenry then bleep the country because there is absolutely no point in flogging a dead horse.

u are back grin grin grin

u never give up with ur southern crap u were posting before
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by ShangoThor(m): 11:57am On May 16, 2011
Alj Harem, quite typical actually. Just because you can read, write and have internet access doesn't make you an intelligent being. You call mass murder CRAP, you are seriously not worthy of engaging in intellectual discourse at this point. Peace be with you, try finding another small minded NL'er to engage.
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 16, 2011
hollandis:

Ibos arevery tribal.Its in their blood
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by alexleo(m): 12:12pm On May 16, 2011
Bluetooth,Hollandis and co. Shut up. Must you display your tribal madness everywhere?
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by gidson12(m): 1:16pm On May 16, 2011
why re u guys creating threads of this nature calling for peace, you are really killing my joy, these two groups(igbos and yorubas) are not meant to be in peace in nairaland, i do enjoy the war between them, pls i beg you let them be, , igbos vs yoruba bashing is fun
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by EzeUche2(m): 1:25pm On May 16, 2011
This thread is crap. There is no One Nigeria.

Now leave the Ndigbo out of this. angry
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by Rhino5dm: 1:39pm On May 16, 2011
Who want to share his house with snakes? I smell alot blood sucking vampire all over this thread.

Time to start up my gas chamber.
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by archive(f): 2:01pm On May 16, 2011
I agree very much with this post. Thank you for this.

I think certain posters should be ignored. Maybe then we can have rational discussions in this section
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by mithel(m): 7:12pm On May 16, 2011
Nawa o,so some people dont believe in Nigeria now,if you dont want one Nigeria or dont believe in it,its very easy,return your passport and apply for asylum somewhere else.capish.

If we dont make Nigeria work,how will it work? I used to respect some people,even with their tribal tendencies,(thinking they just want the best for themselves) but their statements about not wanting Nigeria to be one has really made me know that they are just hypocrites.
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by mithel(m): 7:14pm On May 16, 2011
archive:

I agree very much with this post. Thank you for this.

I think certain posters should be ignored. Maybe then we can have rational discussions in this section

infact,3 gbosas for you
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by mithel(m): 7:15pm On May 16, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Who want to share his house with snakes? I smell alot blood sucking vampire all over this thread.

abeg,keep the gas chamber.show tolerance and maturity my guy.*smile*
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by silverstud: 7:53pm On May 16, 2011
mithel:

I am begging and urging everybody on nairaland to do away with not only tribal differences but religious too.

We are Nigerian before being any other thing.when you travel out of the country,they dont group as anything other than a Nigerian.

Let all of us work together for our country,so let us sheate our swords and hug each other.

What does it matter if the president is from a particular region or of a particular religion,so far he does his job,that is what matters.lets forget about the past and start a new crusade of unity in our country.

Infact lemme be the first to apologise.i am sorry if i have ever insulted any group on NL (doubt if i have done that,but u can neva know),but am sorry.everybody,if you know u r guilty,apologise and dnt go back to it again.

ONE NIGERIA
Good People Great Nation.

For Nigeria to be One Nation,
-SHARIA LAW HAS TO BE REPEALED AND SHOULD NOT EXIST IN ANY PART OF NIGERIA , SO THAT EVERYONE FEELS WELCOME IN ALL CORNERS OF NIGERIA
-INDIGENE VS SETTLER LAWS SHOULD BE REPEALED ALL OVER THE COUNTRY, SO THAT YOU CAN LIVE, WORK, RUN FOR OFFICE IN ANY PART OF THE COUNTRY YOU WANT TO BASED ON YEARS OF RESIDENCY.
-INTER-TRIBAL/INTER-RELIGIOUS MARRIAGES SHOULD BE ENCOURAGED.

PEOPLE SENTIMENTS AFFECTS THE ACTIONS THEY TAKE, IMAGINE IF THESE THREE THINGS HAPPENED. HOW WE FEEL ABOUT OURSELVES WILL BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND WILL GREATLY AFFECT THE COUNTRY POSITIVELY.
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by aljharem3: 7:54pm On May 16, 2011
for nigeria to be one, we need true fedralizim cry
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by kasiem(m): 8:39pm On May 16, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

guy, dont just allow me to descend on ur i.diocy. WARNING!
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by kasiem(m): 8:39pm On May 16, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

guy, dont just allow me to descend on ur i.diocy. WARNING!
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43am On May 17, 2011
I saw dis post yestday nd jst ignord t! Why? Bcus there s nd there wil never, at least n d near future, b 1nigeria! A typical hausa fulani person n d north hate, wt a pasion, western life style: they dont want t wear shirt nd trousers, they dnt listen to western music, no western education, and above all, they dnt speak western language, english! All these r done by pple n d south. Hence, hausa fulanis feel like one wt pple frm chad, mali, niger, etc rather than one wt pple frm lagos, rivers, oyo, a-ibom etc dat s wy dose pple r alwys target wen dere s a slight trouble in d north!
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by sirjec(m): 8:06am On May 17, 2011
We can only come together when you northerners or muslims stop killing Southerners or Christians in the north.

You think it is sentiment? If your are at the receiving side will you still say you are one? People who are truly one might have misunderstandings but it will never lead to homicide.

Please stop preaching this one Nigeria here. If you are a preacher, go and preach it in the north. When they accept you and drop their deamonism, you can now come here and preach to us.

All we are saying is that we in the south only say what the north acts, We are not one!!!
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by onyekabe(m): 8:15pm On May 18, 2011
the issue of one nigeria is a false marriage since 1914. the hausas has never accepted one nigeria in their action. they don't acquire property any where other than in the north this gos a long way to explain why they are eager to distroy the property own by other tribe especially the ones owned Igbo
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 8:22pm On May 18, 2011
onyekabe:

the issue of one nigeria is a false marriage since 1914. the hausas has never accepted one nigeria in their action. they don't acquire property any where other than in the north this gos a long way to explain why they are eager to distroy the property own by other tribe especially the ones owned Igbo

Of course, the notion of One Nigeria is fake!
neither the sardunna nor Awo wanted One Nigeria. Its no secret.
Only Zik and his igbo people wanted One Nigeria.
No sooner had the igbos got power and they gave us "centralised" One Nigeria, without holding a referedum.
Re: Yoruba,Igbo and hausa :One Nigeria by GODSON2009(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2011
tribalism is not a construct of the average ibo hausa or yoruba person it was created and propagated by politicians and business ppl who use it for their selfish ends.if you walk on the streets of lagos and study the average man or woman from these tribes working,eating trading together they have absolutely no problems with each other untill ethnic/tribal jingoists start whipping up sentiments
more yoruba guys are getting married to ibos
i have seen hausa and yoruba and hausa(kano) and ibo (anambra)husband and wife happily married

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Dares The Nigerian National Assembly Over Gay Law “arrest Me If Yo / Stop Press!!! Shekau Not Dead / Quote Of The Year By GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.