Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,322 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge (13099 Views)

Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG / Olabode Rhodes-Vivour Retires As Supreme Court Justice / Tokunbo Abiru Retires As Polaris Bank MD Ahead Of Lagos East Bye-Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by HonNL: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6591594/breaking-cjn-swears-garba-chief#102474636

The National Judicial Institute (NJI) has appointed the Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory(FCT), Justice Salisu Garba as the Administrator of the National Judicial Institute.

He takes over from Justice Rosaline Bozimo whose tenure ended on July 31, 2021.

Justice Garba, who hails from Katsina State, was appointed by the Board of Governors of the Institute headed by the Chief Judge of Nigeria(CJN), Justice Ibrahim Muhammad, at its meeting held on July 15, 2021.

He is due for retirement as the Chief Judge of the FCT on October 10, 2021, when he would have clocked the mandatory retirement age of 65 years.

Justice Garba took the oath of office on July 7, 2021, as the Chief Judge of the FCT.

A statement by the Senior Special Assistant on Media to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Ahuraka Isah on Monday, explained that his appointment is for a period of three years.

Meanwhile, Justice Garba has voluntarily retired as the Chief Judge of the FCT to take up his new appointment.

Born on October 10, 1956, Justice Garba hails from Malumfashi Local Government Area of Katsina State. He was called to bar in 1984 just as he completed his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in 1985.

Justice Garba, who went into legal practice for three years after NYSC programme, was appointed Magistrate in the FCT in 1989, served as the Chief Registrar of the FCT High Court until he was appointed a judge of the FCT High Court in 1998.

It would be recalled that Justice M. A. Ope-Agbe, who was the Administrator of the National Judicial Institute from April 2000 to April 2003 was appointed from the High Court Bench, just as the late Justice O. Olatawura and Justice A. O. Obaseki came from the Supreme Court to head the Institute from 1991 to 1995 and from 1995 to March 2000 respectively.

SOURCE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by BruncleZuma: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2021

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by slawormiir: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by aylive02(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2021
[/b]Justice Garba, who hails from Katsina State, was appointed by the Board of Governors of the Institute headed by the Chief Judge of Nigeria(CJN), Justice Ibrahim Muhammad, at its meeting held on July 15, 2021.[b]

We are not surprised. APC and the guy from daura keeps recruiting dullards into the system

This one looking like Sanyeri, how did he even attain this position?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by SWDude: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2021
Yeah, I know I'm not a Nigerian, so I'm not mad about this. I'm an Ooduan. Let them split this country and they can continue with appointing themselves without any complaint.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Nonyeadamu: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2021
The North should rule forever. I love my fulani man

2 Likes

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by kingyang: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2021
Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by ogaontop(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2021
As expected, Government of the North, for the North and by the North!

Next

7 Likes

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by pickatyouu: 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2021
Na Nigeria get corrupt judges pass any African country.

4 Likes

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Ekakamba: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2021
grin tongue
Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2021
alright nice one then
Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by thunder74(m): 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2021
They just want to compensate this judge by all means for a good job at Presidential Election Petition judgment. From the failed president of Court of Appeal attempt to ICC rejection and finally administrator of NJI.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by kenchop: 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2021
wink
Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Jackdasilver(m): 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2021
�����
Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Kaybee14(m): 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2021
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Omicron007: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Quota system people appointing and re-appointing themselves.
The Executive, Legislative amd Judicial arms of government have failed the people in this country.

These people keep recycling themselves while gullible young Nigerians collect #5000 or even #500 while the ones that went to school and managed to graduate collect #30k and become BMCs and Zombies online.

Nonsense and Abba Kyari.

10 Likes

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by aylive02(m): 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
SWDude:
Yeah, I know I'm not a Nigerian, so I'm not mad about this. I'm an Ooduan. Let them split this country and they can continue with appointing themselves without any complaint.
your doing well my person

1 Like

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by ayinde2020: 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
Heard
Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Freestainworld(m): 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
Justice who hails from Katsina grin, the north giving it to the south from all angles, person wey get 4 for common entrance those days as cut off mark grin

9 Likes

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Sonnobax15(m): 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2021
cheesy
Very uncommon..

It's better to leave when the ovation is still the loudest...
Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Guyman02: 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2021
At the rate Fulanis have saturated every position in government I wonder what is left for other Nigerians, this man has a job as a judge and instead of retiring on October 10, 2021, the Sharia Chief Justice made sure he is getting another 5 years appointment instead of allowing other tribes to also get something out of the system.
This is callous and nepotic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by athaboi(f): 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2021
I repeat...Buhari is irredeemable

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by money121(m): 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by ArewaNightmare: 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2021
Products of quota system

2 Likes

Re: Salisu Garba Appointed Administrator Of NJI; Voluntarily Retires As Chief Judge by Savageman: 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2021
Issorite..
I have nothing to say to this. What i will just say is that Buhari is a very useless man.

I movveeee

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wale Edun's Plans To Improve The Nigerian Economy / What Happened To The Federal Government's Whistle-Blowing Policy? / 2023 Presidency: Why Pro-Tinubu Elements Goofed On Osinbajo Betrayal Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.