Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,459 members, 7,843,396 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit (21630 Views)

Kano Govt To Reconstruct Demolished Iconic Silver Jubilee Monument / Tax Credit Scheme: Globalcom To Reconstruct 64 Km Ota-Idiroko Road In 2022 / Soldiers Reconstruct Collapsed ATBU Bridge That Led To Students' Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by Ramsak1: 6:22am On Aug 03, 2021
If one should observe this thread carefully, one will have pity for this young generation of Ibos. All they can convince is hate, negativity and barbarism, no iota of sense whatsoever.
No wonder things are the way they are for you people and I pity the future gen more.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by Tareq1105: 6:28am On Aug 03, 2021
AlexBells:
In a country that was once sold by the Royal Niger Company, nothing surprises me again, however I very much welcome the idea of MTN doing the construction as far as they will not hand the project over to corrupt government officials.

Sometimes I even wish we can run a virtual government where telecoms like MTN will take over government, then elections will be like to vote in this election text Vote to 131, >>>For PDP text 1, for APC text 2, press 0 to check your vote credit>>> total SMS cost #50

Then our elections will be cheaper (@#50), bcoz there would be no need for printing of ballot papers and boxes, and it will be credible bcoz we all would have access to the results real time online.

A good suggestion to bad representatives in the national assembly.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by sisisioge: 6:39am On Aug 03, 2021
This is when we will all see that constructing a road is not an operational activity like Lagos Ibadan expressway, it is a project with a finite timeline. Congrats to the communities around the area o.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by Fiscus105(m): 6:42am On Aug 03, 2021
DOTian:
You start to wonder what's the essence of government if almost every aspect of government service delivery is done by individuals, communities or private firms. Why do we have one Buhari at Aso Rock then? To sign off oil and gas blocs to cronies?

I will I commend Fashola on this and it seems you don't understand the post(initiative) properly.

If MTN pays tax I'm very sure that, if the money not embezzled, it might divert to the north for execution of projects thre. In order way, if the tax eventually paid, the government officials will do the project tripple of amount. Since money is not coming directly to cover of government, I think it's better.
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by SeaTrade(m): 6:45am On Aug 03, 2021
RedEnergy:
Another tax evasion + corruption opportunity. Let's assume:
Actual costs to fix road = 3 billion
MTN declares costs as = 16 billion

Corrupt govt officials get kickbacks of = 4 billion
MTN gets tax credit profit of = 9 billion

Business continues...
Smartest comment so far.
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by kraftysprouts: 6:58am On Aug 03, 2021
Nigerian government have totally given up on building Nigeria to private companies.

Even NIN registration, why then do we have a government?
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by anomaly20: 7:02am On Aug 03, 2021
Raxxye:
Is there no company interested in the Calabar/Itu Highway, so that they can save us from the nightmare and unnecessary loss of lives on that road?
Na beg I dey beg o!
Cally Air will handle it
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by kraftysprouts: 7:02am On Aug 03, 2021
AlexBells:
In a country that was once sold by the Royal Niger Company, nothing surprises me again, however I very much welcome the idea of MTN doing the construction as far as they will not hand the project over to corrupt government officials.

Sometimes I even wish we can run a virtual government where telecoms like MTN will take over government, then elections will be like to vote in this election text Vote to 131, >>>For PDP text 1, for APC text 2, press 0 to check your vote credit>>> total SMS cost #50

This British business company tire person... Every responsibility is now to citizens or companies
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by DOTian: 7:05am On Aug 03, 2021
Fiscus105:

I will I commend Fashola on this and it seems you don't understand the post(initiative) properly.

If MTN pays tax I'm very sure that, if the money not embezzled, it might divert to the north for execution of projects thre. In order way, if the tax eventually paid, the government officials will do the project tripple of amount. Since money is not coming directly to cover of government, I think it's better.

I agree with you..

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by mapet: 7:19am On Aug 03, 2021
tolue42:

Authority1o1:
Okay...

You're going to drop your jaw when you learn the amount of money generated through tax in Onitsha alone, not to talk of Enugu and environs. But why has this road remained this way?

This project has nothing to do with the magnanimity of MTN, which is a business, so don't get all happy. Every dime going into it will be recovered with toppings because you will be made to pay for it.

Which makes me wonder what the main tax paid by people is used for.

Why must you complain about everything?

Even his complaints are senseless and idiotic
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by ramatintin(m): 7:22am On Aug 03, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

You're going to drop your jaw when you learn the amount of money generated through tax in Onitsha alone, not to talk of Enugu and environs. But why has this road remained this way?

This project has nothing to do with the magnanimity of MTN, which is a business, so don't get all happy. Every dime going into it will be recovered with toppings because you will be made to pay for it.

Which makes me wonder what the main tax paid by people is used for.
this your comment is idiotic, if you ply that Enugu -Onitsha during the rain season you would sing for joy with this current development.
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by seunmsg(m): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2021
Dauraking:
This is the stupi.d government that claims the road has been completed. That their useless Sukkuk funds are being used for the road. This is what you find in the East. Why didn’t MTN construct the Daura - Niger Republic rail line. The East is always used as a guinea pig for projects that are known to fail. Buhari is devils incarnate.

Why are you guys always angry over everything? Do you even understand the news before reacting? What exactly is wrong with what MTN is proposing? Is it not a good thing that the road will finally be completed?

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by Mordecai(m): 7:24am On Aug 03, 2021
shocked

This road was recently reconstructed by the FG. Built with billions of naira, out of Buhari's love for the Igbos.

Is that the same road MTN wants to go and reconstruct? For tax credits?

Lai Mohammed, where are you? I am sure there's an explanation.

Ayam not understanding.

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by ramatintin(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2021
Dauraking:
This is the stupi.d government that claims the road has been completed. That their useless Sukkuk funds are being used for the road. This is what you find in the East. Why didn’t MTN construct the Daura - Niger Republic rail line. The East is always used as a guinea pig for projects that are known to fail. Buhari is devils incarnate.
your ignorance smells to the heavens, a portion of that road was completely tarred with Sukkuk fund. Make ona de try travel.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:27am On Aug 03, 2021
MTN is like FG and FG is like MTN .... both are same, scammers!!!!!!!
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by Landmack: 7:38am On Aug 03, 2021
Raxxye:
Is there no company interested in the Calabar/Itu Highway, so that they can save us from the nightmare and unnecessary loss of lives on that road?
Na beg I dey beg o!
The latest Knight of St John will fix the road. The Obonge Supergetti highway governor
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by CSTRR: 7:40am On Aug 03, 2021
Ramsak1:
If one should observe this thread carefully, one will have pity for this young generation of Ibos. All they can convince is hate, negativity and barbarism, no iota of sense whatsoever.
No wonder things are the way they are for you people and I pity the future gen more.
How are things for your People?

I bet they are eating 10 times a day, buying fuel at N10/liter and travelling on Maglev trains and Autobahn roads.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by Okhuadams(m): 7:45am On Aug 03, 2021
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by prigoz(m): 8:07am On Aug 03, 2021
I got the short devil Ngige said that Buhari government has made south East road best in entire country. APC and lie with Lai Mohammed are 5&6

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by seunmsg(m): 8:09am On Aug 03, 2021
Okhuadams:
and our foolish govment agree

Why not get a proper understanding of the news before talking rubbish. The amount of ignorant comments on this thread is worrisome.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by BarrElChapo(m): 8:11am On Aug 03, 2021
Dauraking:

Just last week it was on here that I read 9.2bn had been approved by the FG for the construction of the same road. I'm surprised to be reading this and what is annoying is that it's mostly the Enugu part of the road that's bad yet one would think otherwise from the headline

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by seunmsg(m): 8:11am On Aug 03, 2021
DOTian:
You start to wonder what's the essence of government if almost every aspect of government service delivery is done by individuals, communities or private firms. Why do we have one Buhari at Aso Rock then? To sign off oil and gas blocs to cronies?

Buhari is actually the one to do the road through his Executive order 7. MTN will just provide the finance and get tax credit for it. It is a kind of advance tax payment arrangement. You guys should read now.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by History555: 8:16am On Aug 03, 2021
Confusion is when you raise billions in sukuk bond for a road, claim to award contract for the road only for mtn to be asking to construct the road.
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by contigiency(m): 8:18am On Aug 03, 2021
tolue42:

Why must you complain about everything?

That's because good things irritates him.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by contigiency(m): 8:20am On Aug 03, 2021
seunmsg:

Buhari is actually the one to do the road through his Executive order 7. MTN will just provide the finance and get tax credit for it. It is a kind of advance tax payment arrangement. You guys should read now.

They hate to read, rather they thrive in the midst of confusion and hate.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by end1999constitu(m): 8:21am On Aug 03, 2021
When it comes to marginalization Igbos are the major target that's why they are tagged

...........a DOT in the CIRCLE
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by caprini1: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2021
Forgodsgrace:
Nice one,pls let them come and take over this abandoned Lagos -Badagry Express way,as well.
But work is seriously going on at the Lasu- iyanoba axis na!
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2021
FarahAideed:
Buhari is really running a quagmire of a govt
HOW? EXPLAIN.
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by traihit: 8:39am On Aug 03, 2021
Dauraking:

The East has sons and daughters in the houses of Assembly. What are doing with their mandates? I think it's time we start questioning our leaders down South. The North knows how to fend for themselves.
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by Timmi: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Another Otedola bridge loading...

Once that road is completed, many fatal accidents will start happening & MTN's share price will soar.

WOW. What kind of mindset is this? Wishing bad things to happen?
Re: MTN Nigeria To Reconstruct Enugu-Onitsha Expressway In Exchange For Tax Credit by Aganju849: 8:49am On Aug 03, 2021
What a useless government

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu Commissions Computerised Vehicle Inspection Center In Ondo (photos) / Petroleum: Aradel Holdings Modular Refinery Ready For Operation Soon / Corper Donates His September Allowance To Akeredolu For Campaign In Ondo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.