Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,434 members, 7,826,680 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again (1483 Views)

I Mistakenly Credited A Customer's Account Twice / Staff Steals 52 Computers, 3 Weeks After Employment (Photo) / Access Bank Staff Steals Customers’ N13.6 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by BrandSpurNG: 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2021
…Management Begins Investigation
A top staff of Polaris Bank has been accused of stealing over N20 million from a customer’s account identified as Ajibola Sanusi with account number 28122***.

Brand Spur Nigeria gathered that the Polaris Bank customer who is a US-based Nigerian opened a savings account with Polaris Bank, Computer Village, Lagos in 2018 and deposited over N25million in the said account.

A check on the account statement showed that a total of N19,732,190 was stolen by an employee of the bank between July 5 and 12, a few weeks after Sanusi called the bank and directed that the account should be blocked.

Using proxies, the money was transferred to different accounts belonging to Gbenga Adebisi Florence, Abdulazeem Olamide Bello, Dudafa Preye, Sakirat Adesiju and Shukurat Tayo Ibitoye without Sanusi’s authorization.

Sanusi said, “So I visited Nigeria last week and found out my savings account had been tampered with by the staff of Polaris Bank, Computer Village branch, Ikeja, Lagos. Over N20 million was stolen from me,”.

“For the three months, I realized I stopped receiving my monthly email alerts, which bothered me. So on June 18, 2021, I received an alert of debited sum of N50, so I called the customer services immediately and the lady asked if I was familiar with the name Ismail Bello and I responded that it sounded familiar but I couldn’t remember. She said the person was my account officer, so I asked her what would my account officer want to do with N50?

“She said he might do that to track my balance, so I asked how much is my balance at the moment and she told me the exact amount I was expecting to hear.

“So I told her to please block my account and that no one is authorised to make any withdrawal except me and that it has to be me coming physically and she claimed she did it. So arriving in Nigeria on Saturday, 17th of July at about 11:45 am, I got to my branch where I opened the account and was told I didn’t have enough balance in my account.

“At first, I thought it was a joke, so one of their staff members came to me and showed me a fake Nigerian passport that was used to create online banking.

“According to what one of their staff members showed to me, I could see they have a record. I called in on June 18 requesting them to block my account. I requested for a printout copy of the statements and I saw how my money was being transferred on a daily basis to different accounts.

“They transferred the money after I had blocked the account, I think the so-called Ismail Bello removed the N50 intentionally to see maybe I would visit the bank. Maybe because he didn’t see me, he and others thought something bad had happened to me and stole my money.”

Reacting to the theft, Polaris Bank management vowed to an immediate investigation into the issues.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2021/08/04/top-polaris-bank-steals-n20million-from-customers-account/

Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by Visocrate(m): 3:39pm On Aug 04, 2021
OK is he linked to Husppupy and Abba ? Just asking for a friend o
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by Authority1o1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2021
Okay...

Fraud is evil.

But even at that, the thieving employee should be cut some slack. I mean, who is a common citizen when compared with a government anti-crime official?

To me, the employee's crime is stealing and getting caught, because even a government official like Abba Kyari would mock whoever the employee is for not being smart in covering tracks.
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by WiszyFraud: 3:45pm On Aug 04, 2021
Zenith bank staffs also does this.. undecided
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by betshopagent(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2021
Interesting! This bank reminds me of FCMB bank that was once stealing my money monthly in d name of service charge. frm normal 50naira to 600naira.Thieves!
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by Skillsnigeria: 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
grin naija which way
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by superCleanworks(m): 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2021
not 200 thousand
twenty whole million.

next thing he will lie down like a lizard and start to beg for forgiveness
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Fraud is evil.

But even at that, the thieving employee should be cut some slack. I mean, who is a common citizen when compared with a government anti-crime official?

To me, the employee's crime is stealing and getting caught, because a government official Abba Kyari would mock whoever the employee is for not being smart in covering tracks.
when you make up to 20million, come back and spew this your trash.
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by cassidy1996(m): 7:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
hmmm...
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 05, 2021
Hw can a sane Nigerian open account in dis kind of Bank sad undecided
Getting dat kind of amount,
U no see better Banks go open Account undecided
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by frankputer: 5:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
very bad omen
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2021
WiszyFraud:
Zenith bank staffs also does this.. undecided

So which bank is the least unreliable in Nigeria (I didn't say most reliable, because none is)?
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by MufasaLion: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2021
Bank staff do this always especially if the customer is dead.
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by MufasaLion: 6:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Fraud is evil.

To me, the employee's crime is stealing and getting caught, because even a government official like Abba Kyari would mock whoever the employee is for not being smart in covering tracks.

You're the opposite of your siggy.
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by MufasaLion: 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
Lewisjohnson:
Hw can a sane Nigerian open account in dis kind of Bank sad undecided
Getting dat kind of amount,
U no see better Banks go open Account undecided

It might be because he plans to use the bank for specific purpose. Mind you, people like that do have account in almost all banks.
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by WiszyFraud: 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

So which bank is the least unreliable in Nigeria (I didn't say most reliable, because none is)?

These ones are very reliable;

UBA bank
FCMB bank

Sterling bank, but their network issues sometimes is crazy angry
Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 07, 2021
WiszyFraud:

These ones are very reliable;

UBA bank
FCMB bank

Sterling bank, but their network issues sometimes is crazy angry

Ok. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Top Polaris Bank Staff Steals N20million From Customer’s Account Again by delzbaba(m): 6:08am On Aug 07, 2021
I was planning to do this same thing when i travel abroad oh, this new generation bank staff could be heartless criminals.

(1) (Reply)

They Were Beaten Black And Blue Because They Cooked Rice / Help! A Drone Fly Over My Roof, Hanged Untop Of Someone's Compound. / She Is Twice Younger Than Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.