Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. (46692 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? / Angela Nwosu: Why Family Members Of Some Rich People Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2021
jesmond3945:
hmmm. I think she doesn't trust you thats why.

I think so too..
But it’s not her fault, I’m in my early 20s and I have nothing to lose.

Told her I’m not even interested in it again.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by jesmond3945: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2021
harjay1986:

bros if I may ask how old are you ? because you reply is like someone who stilll stay under his parent .... in life no matter how wealthy you are someone will surely render help for you directly or indirectly that does not mean they have benefitted from you in the past .... nobody is laying entitlement mentality here

okay imagine I came to you knowing well that you are a well to do an uncle (so what help would you want from me because is the little one that suppose to look for elder) for an assistance that will only require your influence or direction and you turn me down I never for once ask for any financial assistance from you because i know fully well that you too have some financial obligation you need to attend to ...... bro reasone am

as per goin to france one day that has been deleted from my diary mainly business wise
if your uncle turns you down he has every right to do so. He doesn't owe you. He has right to help anybody he desires. Ask yourself why did obi cubana make chiefpriest who is not his brother his bar man? You know why mutual benefit. Chief priest has something going in for him and obi cubana know investing in him would bring returns. It is only a politician that would help you when you approach as his relative without expecting any benefit. You talk as if you don't know this. I remember when I went to my uncle's house, I just went to visit and go home. I converted myself to errand boy, even fell sick in the process. When I was leaving, he gave me a fat envelope. Why, because I was of benefit to him. If I just came to his house for a favour, he might not honor my visitation next time. Summary don't impose your request on anyone, every body has right to do as he pleases with his money.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by nini007(m): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2021
twind111:
This issue is of different categorie
1 AJUNMOBI O KAN TAANU.. It's a Yoruba proverb , for someone to be your close relative doesn't guarantee that he or she will help you, some prefer to face their immediate family I mean kids and wife only.

2 PAST FAMILY HISTORY.. many rich family member didn't get help too when they are struggling. So you expect them to be of help too when they eventually arrive.

3 FAMILY ISSUE.. Take for instant you get a loan for a family member and he or she refuse to pay even when they can. If you persuade them too much they will say are we not family member.

4 MOST WICKED ENEMY SOMETIMES COME FROM THE FAMILY.. I mean spiritually. As a Nigerian you should understand this better.E.G. how can only you build 3 houses when we have none WAHALA. At your age I was still in form 4 and you say you need money for school fee in a university abeg wait till next year.e.t.c

5 ONE RICH MAN IN A POOR FAMILY.. when you have only just one rich man or just a few of them in a family what do you expect. how many do you think they can help .. when the pressure is too much they will distance themselves from family..

NOTE: it's only those sent by God that can help.. And if you receive help from a family member please don't misuse the opportunity it may hinder help of another family member.. If you didn't receive help from any family member now please don't have the wicked mindset that you too will not help .
These are all Yoruba symptoms and YES I'm Yoruba. Igbos help each others wella.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
pansophist:

Why pm when my email address is on my profile ? Send me an email

Sent grin
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by TempUser: 12:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
leofab:
it’s only the black man that want to be more English than the English.. continue
Pele my dear cheesy
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Files: 1:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hmm
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Joydan95: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
twind111:
This issue is of different categorie
1 AJUNMOBI O KAN TAANU.. It's a Yoruba proverb , for someone to be your close relative doesn't guarantee that he or she will help you, some prefer to face their immediate family I mean kids and wife only.

2 PAST FAMILY HISTORY.. many rich family member didn't get help too when they are struggling. So you expect them to be of help too when they eventually arrive.

3 FAMILY ISSUE.. Take for instant you get a loan for a family member and he or she refuse to pay even when they can. If you persuade them too much they will say are we not family member.

4 MOST WICKED ENEMY SOMETIMES COME FROM THE FAMILY.. I mean spiritually. As a Nigerian you should understand this better.E.G. how can only you build 3 houses when we have none WAHALA. At your age I was still in form 4 and you say you need money for school fee in a university abeg wait till next year.e.t.c

5 ONE RICH MAN IN A POOR FAMILY.. when you have only just one rich man or just a few of them in a family what do you expect. how many do you think they can help .. when the pressure is too much they will distance themselves from family..

NOTE: it's only those sent by God that can help.. And if you receive help from a family member please don't misuse the opportunity it may hinder help of another family member.. If you didn't receive help from any family member now please don't have the wicked mindset that you too will not help .
A lot of them are ingrates, like in my mum’s family. God has used my mum to help and support a lot of her siblings, even to their children. Helped to start business, pay house rents, helped their children in school and even distant relations but what does she keep getting in return? INSULT and INGRATITUDE even when e choke, she keeps rendering assistance to the extent that she may stay all night worried.
I have learnt a lesson, I can help any and everyone (family or not) but I will never do it to inconvenience myself cos at the end they will always be ungrateful.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by armyofone(m): 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
She asked already, - why are you guys like this ? Tell us

Tomesocial:

Ask questions when you need to that's how you learn sir/ma..
And yes real ID and SSN..
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by DonroxyII: 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
heniford2:
she has forgotten her action towards me and my family this particular lady made me watch my mom shed tears mom sold all her clothes everything she was wearing turn to rag, my fat mom slim down to "i" the started saying she has AIDs blah blah the make mockery of my mom in front of me i watch her talk trash of my mom all of them will test it from to zee
if you fvck the son up .... The son may breakthrough somehow and anyhow and also fvck your son up .... the cycle of hatred continue in that gene ....

End it .... Move da fvck on and excommunicate them !!
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by kherlly(m): 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
Olodo24:
Exactly. I have an older half brother who's in the US. He only sends money when a family member dies

Na wa o
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by kherlly(m): 4:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
yemi1504:

Very common among the so-called S0phisticated tribe! I guess sophisticated in oppressing other family members with one's riches should be the refrain!

It's well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by DonroxyII: 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
yemmit90:

This is exactly what we are saying. Must we benefited from helping one another? Must we always be self centred? Must everything revolves around us? Must we always dominates or want people to worship us.

This mentality will keep making Nigeria and other underdeveloped Africa countries remain backwards for centuries to come. We are just too selfish and ignorant to create an egalitarian society.
A non egalitarian brain can not create egalitarian anything ....

Imagine you help someone infact you sacrificed like 50% of your energy just to get the person to the top and they added their own and established at the top only to use the Potentials to witch hunt you .....

If help has never given you mental health issues before , just stop talking .... from families to friends to colleagues ......

Here in Africa, be selective of those you help !

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by DonroxyII: 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2021
jesmond3945:
if your uncle turns you down he has every right to do so. He doesn't owe you. He has right to help anybody he desires. Ask yourself why did obi cubana make chiefpriest who is not his brother his bar man? You know why mutual benefit. Chief priest has something going in for him and obi cubana know investing in him would bring returns. It is only a politician that would help you when you approach as his relative without expecting any benefit. You talk as if you don't know this. I remember when I went to my uncle's house, I just went to visit and go home. I converted myself to errand boy, even fell sick in the process. When I was leaving, he gave me a fat envelope. Why, because I was of benefit to him. If I just came to his house for a favour, he might not honor my visitation next time. Summary don't impose your request on anyone, every body has right to do as he pleases with his money.
God bless you!
Amen !!
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by yemmit90: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
DonroxyII:
A non egalitarian brain can not create egalitarian anything ....

Imagine you help someone infact you sacrificed like 50% of your energy just to get the person to the top and they added their own and established at the top only to use the Potentials to witch hunt you .....

If help has never given you mental health issues before , just stop talking .... from families to friends to colleagues ......

Here in Africa, be selective of those you help !

Calm down, we are still saying the same thing. Those you helped to the top that used their positions to witch hunt you are the group of selfish Nigerians we are talking about.

No one live in isolation, and everyone needs help at one point in life (be it government or individual), it is the behaviour of these wicked fellows that makes our society what it is today including our leaders who would rather watch you die or live in abject poverty than to do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by DonroxyII: 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2021
yemmit90:

Calm down, we are still saying the same thing. Those you helped to the top that used their positions to witch hunt you are the group of selfish Nigerians we are talking about.

No one live in isolation, and everyone needs help at one point in life (be it government or individual), it is the behaviour of these wicked fellows that makes our society what it is today including our leaders who would rather watch you die or live in abject poverty than to do the right thing.
Ehn ehn, na now I understand you ..... Too many wicked and devil consumed souls here in Africa ......

In fact, you will deplete 50% of your values for some only to look at you in the eye and tell you " what have you done for me" or because of your shikinni assistance you think ....

Now, if they fall down, they will still come crying to you to bounce them up again, Telling you how devil is a liar or ultimately forgetting how they run their mouth against you and your interest ... grin ... if I hear ....

Africans are genetically saboteurs and no comradeship here .... if you do anyhow and front anyhow, you will be killed and those you are trying to safe will be the one to give you up .

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by vickydevoka(m): 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2021
Drizzy5001:
Oga, why are you trying to derail from what I posted, did I mention my mother's brother not helping his own brother? undecided
I'm not derailing. People keep saying money side like de uncle from de mother side no get brother
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by udorazzi(m): 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2021
Always have dis at d back of your mind, NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by cococandy(f): 9:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tomesocial:

Ask questions when you need to that's how you learn sir/ma..
And yes real ID and SSN..
shut up scammer. That’s how you people ruin Nigeria’s name abroad and end up in jail. Thief

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by LutanFyah: 2:29pm On Aug 08, 2021
udorazzi:
Always have dis at d back of your mind, NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING
We owe each other love,kindness, protection etc.

If not for Bill Gates, you might be dead cos of polio or malaria, but he is spending his hard earned money everyday just to keep African kids alive.

If not for Donor agencies, we wouldn't have gotten any Corona vaccines.

If not for the Red cross and the Catholic church's help,most Igbos alive today would have been dead during the war.

If not for Twitter that provided their platform to rally support against police brutality, SARS might have shot you and I for owning laptops and phones.

The aforementioned are just a few scenarios which I believe you can relate with very well. Before lapping up every quote you see online,THINK IT THROUGH FIRST, don't join the bandwagon just to sound woke.

We owe each other the best we can offer!
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Orente21(f): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
grossintel:
The major reason Is mindset, wickedness and greed biko. In my family we help each other, I find a business that works I replicate it for each and everyone of my family.

If any family member doesn't have capital we contribute money! At some point everyone of my family member was making cool 400k per month even my 50 year old mom from a business I introduced to them. Of what need would it be if na only me get money for my family and my brother dey beg!

Abeg we show each other road biko, make all of us get the money enjoy am.
Pls can you adopt me in your family? And wat business r u guys doing?
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2021
Orente21:
Pls can you adopt me in your family? And wat business r u guys doing?
Lol, if it was that simple. It's not a business I would love to share, it's 100% legit and it works. That's all I can say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Orente21(f): 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
grossintel:
Lol, if it was that simple. It's not a business I would love to share, it's 100% legit and it works. That's all I can say.
Thanks. If ur mumsy later need another child in the future,I am still available. Money can make u born plenty pikin.

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Lordhades21(m): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2021
punisha:

Good luck to you and your useless crack head son o. Peace out ✌�

The one wei u Bleep give me.... Shut up and be educated. Empty skull.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by punisha: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2021
Lordhades21:

The one i Bleep my drunken olosho mama give myself.... Make i Shut up and be educated. I have an Empty skull.

Fixed...
U don't have to bring your sick family issues here. Kpele o.
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
Macadamemmy:
We rise by lifting others... Dats what I know

A frog stood at the edge of a rushing stream about to hop across when a scorpion came across his side and asked for help getting across. The frog looked at him and said - I cannot carry you across because I know you will sting me causing me to drown the Scorpion looked at the frog sheepishly and said - wow! that is not nice, if I sting you then I too will sink and drown - the frog thought about it for a few seconds and said: "Why not? hop on my back let us get going". All was well until they got to the middle of the stream and the frog felt one sharp and painful sting on his neck.. he looked up at the scorpion with venom dripping from his tail and asked in a shockingly surprised voice "Why!!! but now we are both going to die" - the scorpion looked at him with both claws dangling and said "It is just my nature bruv" as they were dragged down to their deaths in the raging stream

Extended Families are just like the Scorpion - Yes you should lift others up so they can reach their goals and do likewise.. but because their very nature is one of ENTITLEMENT, They believe that your duty is to assist them and they never realize the sacrifice you are performing for their benefit and how their laziness is causing you so much agony. they will feed on your grace until you die.. that is just how it is for many families (especially in Nigeria)
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Lordhades21(m): 4:28am On Aug 11, 2021
punisha:

Fixed...
U don't have to bring your sick family issues here. Kpele o.

The effort to edit grin...u would be surprise the efforts fools put in to give a word ..lol...more painment and replies please...I dey feel ur wretched comment . grin grin
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by punisha: 4:49am On Aug 11, 2021
Lordhades21:

The effort to edit grin...u would be surprise(d) the effort my papa wey be fool put in to give a word ..lol...more pains and replies please...I dey feel my mama wretchedness . grin grin

English hard I know.
No fear. Write some more okay? I got u. grin
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Lordhades21(m): 6:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
punisha:

English hard I know.
No fear. Write some more okay? I got u. grin

LOL... Painment... You never tire my guy grin grin
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by punisha: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2021
Lordhades21:

LOL... I am Pained... I never tire my guy grin grin
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by 77star: 2:53am On Aug 16, 2021
ok
Re: Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. by Samlo88(m): 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2022
mydivinely:
some wont help because they dont want you to prosper or to be more than their biological children
i wrote jamb scored high in a school my uncle was then Head of Department, he promise heaven that i should relax n strt preparing for school, that was deception. at the end he asked me why cant i wait till my elder brother graduate but his own children didnt wait for one to graduate before another, finally i left my state to a state i know no man. and God helped me today i graduated without any family support... That call we made was the last call am not angry with him, but my phone CAN NEVER DIAL HIS LINE TILL HE DIE OR I DIE,

i learned a great lesson to always rely on God , He then can decide whom he wil use to help me.
s
Jeremiah 17:5 KJV: Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trust in man...
This is deep. the Lord is your strength bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2 Pregnant Friends Pose With Their Baby Bumps (Photo) / My Wife Is Too Proud To Apologise / Deaf Husband In Court Over Anal Sex With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.