Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! (3661 Views)

Who Was The First Human To Celebrate Jesus? / Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by shadeyinka(m): 8:20am On Aug 10, 2021
HardMirror:
is that your definition of faith?
Faith, derived from Latin fides and Old French feid, is confidence or trust in a person, thing, or concept. In the context of religion, one can define faith as "belief in a god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion"

.. fine so whose personality integrity do atheists trust in?

You reject the Personality of the Source of Existence (aka God)
If such a personality is rejected, His integrity is also rejected.

The Question is:
WHY such a position for a Rejection?
Same way for Theists,
WHY such a position for a Rejection?

Answer: In ether case, there exist NO direct PHYSICAL proof of FACT of both position
shadeyinka:

You have simply exchanged one kind of FAITH for another.
1. Christian-Faith in Accepting the Creator
2. Atheist- Faith in Rejecting the Creator

In ether case, there exist NO direct PHYSICAL proof of FACT of both position

Of a truth, an atheist has FAITH in Himself (that he is right about his judgement while the notion of the existence of the Creator is wrong) with no objective EVIDENCE!

If you have an objective evidence about your stance of atheism, lets see!
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:08am On Aug 10, 2021
First of all i need to ask you a question:

Are you just fed up with the idea that God exists or you want to know the truth?

For the past five years that i've been part of this forum, this is the first time i read a post as long as this!
Because i can see the sincerity, feel the honesty and share your feelings and disappointment about the whole thing.
But let me give you the greatest shock ever today.
You never had anything to do with true Christianity!

True Christianity has nothing to do with miracles, speaking in tongues and all those stuff! Those are deception initiated by Satan the devil. The way God planned for salvation of mankind has nothing to do with all those signs you people are eagerly seeking!

But sadly Satan caught people's attention and he succeeded in making a mess out of what you people looks up to as Christianity today!

If you want to know the truth about Christianity and the group PRACTICING it feel free to engage me with any question as in ANY QUESTION that comes to your mind.
I've been through the same situation as you but fortunately for me i found the true Christians and today i'm just like the happiest man on this planet, i keep thanking the true Christians everyday of my life because i can't just imagine what i'll be doing right now had it been they never came to my rescue when i really needed to know the truth about God!

I know you've been chatting with lots and lots of misinformed churchgoers in and out of this forum but please just give it a trial by bringing all your UNANSWERED questions back now.

Remember the five steps again!
© Careful Reading
© Diligent Studying
© Thorough Meditation
© Humble Discussion
© Heartfelt Prayer
Proverbs 2:1-5

Now let's do it together and see if truly you were ever a Christian or discussed with one all these while! smiley

HardMirror:
i have done the above bolded. infact i used to be an uncommitted christian as a kid, not like i did not love and fear god, but i was just a kid doing kid stuff. then when i grew a bit older, my senior secondary school days, i became more and more conscious about God, his will for my life and commitment to God. then i started doing all the above that you recommended. i grew very quickly in faith. i became very passionate about soul winning..... got baptized in water and in the holy spirit. all i wanted was to be whatever God wanted me to be, nothing else matters. God was the very beginning and end for me. I had an habit of reading the bible genesis to revelation withing 4-5months and i would write down what the holy spirit was ministering to me as i read. i lived like this until i got to 400 level when i began to access other information about my faith and the history of Christianity. i cannot deceive myself. these contrary information i was getting were factual, i struggled for a long time dismissing them with all manner of excuses, but i knew i was not being honest with myself. indeed, the whole scriptures were questionable, the whole christian experience was questionable, i just had to admit it.
why are some miracles never possible?
the ones we even think we are sure of, how real are they?
what exactly makes a christian better than a muslim or even an unbeliever?
asking practical questions from people like witches (yes i was a deliverance minister so had access to people coming for deliverances) proved that they were delusional and had no powers actually, they could be said to have mental issues, even thought it did not affect them from living normal lives, but they really were delusional.
i used to see angels, demons, spirits etc. all of a sudden i realized i was hallucinating, they were not real. i had put myself in that mental state aided by the effects of prolonged fastings and prayers.
the bible is full of contradictions, and outright lies everyother useful information there are commonsense wisdom. the othrstuff that should really distinguish the bible are practical lies.
what is the actual history of my dear religion. how did it start, where did the bible come from, etc and i realized this religion is just a man made religion.

i have had discussions with friends, they all are unable to defend or answer questions i am asking. all they want to do is refer to what the bible says. question is, is the bible even from god. a book just tells you hell, heaven, jesus, god, donkey, snake, dragon and you just believe and why do you believe? because the book says you should believe.

i have seen a lot and experienced a lot. i have learned lot and investigated a lot. this whole religion thing is man made, that is why when it faces real practical questions, all you can do is claim only god knows or you shift the goal post, you find excuses. that is why hospitals a booming, that is why pastors are quickly evolving to preach prosperity and make the church a place of entertainment and motivational speaking, because they quickly are finding out they cannot sustain the lies that god answers prayers, so they have to adopt to the realities. tb Joshua tried so much to sustain the aura that there are spiritual powers but we keep seeing him exposed when ever it really mattered. it is same story everywhere. i listen to pastors teach now and i laugh, because these words meant life and death to me when i was a believer, but now they sound so stupid, i realize they are just saying nonsense because the listeners are conditioned to take it as wisdom and word from a god. when you really think about what is being said, it is all childish nonsense.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by budaatum: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2021
HardMirror:
I agree, that is why in the title i said "You must be superhuman to LEAVE faith" meaning you must have been into it in the first place. and i tell you, faith feeds on the basics of our human psychology. it was carefully designed, reinvented several times to perfectly exploit the weaknesses in our human nature.

"Faith", a thing one chooses to have (and I say that despite the fact that its like many are infected with it from baby state, yet one has to agree to continue to be infected with it as one grows),"feeds on the basics of our human psychology"? Interesting! Makes me think of my human psychology feeding on myself like some sort of self imposed demon! How so very ignorant of me to destroy myself so!

Note the two creation myths in Genesis 1 and Genesis 2. One describes the creation of human beings so powerful that they rule over all that is. While the second describes afraid and naked slaves. I think you speak of the Genesis 2 humans, who were enslaved by fear. Those in Genesis 1 are in the image of God.

And if you read the Gospels with your own mind, as in without the imposed faith, you'd see that it's sole purpose is to free one from the Genesis 2 state and return one to the Genesis 1 state. Hence, "don't you know that you are gods?" To wit I say, I guess we are gradually finding out.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by budaatum: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2021
HardMirror:
Faith, derived from Latin fides and Old French feid, is confidence or trust in a person, thing, or concept. In the context of religion, one can define faith as "belief in a god or in the doctrines or teachings of religion"

Faith may also be had in ones understanding gained from testing what one has developed faith in.

I can have faith that the bridge I am about to build will stand for centuries sturdily across the river I build it over because I have studied bridge building and built other bridges and have tested a model of the bridge I am now about to build and seen that it will stand the test of time. I do not merely believe it would stand, I know for absolutely certainty that it will stand, and that's why I have been trusted and commissioned to build it.

I can also have faith that if you slap my right cheek and I turn my left cheek to you to be slapped, your hand would tire before you get to the 7 times 70th slap, provided you are not superhuman, of course, because having tested turning the first cheek I have found the slappers usually don't complete the first slap. I've only been slapped once in my life, mind.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2021
HardMirror:

You wrote and must have read "thing or concept", did you?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by 22jumpstreet: 10:34am On Aug 10, 2021
budaatum:

Hmm. Demons, like most words in this field, are broad in meaning. They could be our thoughts, the one's we are tormented by; they could be that which causes us mental illness; they could be our fellow human beings, the one's that plot evil against us; they could even be ourselves tormenting ourselves. And in context of the verse quoted, they could be beliefs we claim to have but that we do not really have.

Take a Christian, for instance, who claims to be protected by Christ but who wails against perceived or imaginary enemies. Such a person would 'tremble' in fear because, despite their belief of protection, they still fear all evils. As I type this, a certain David comes to mind. If you read the Psalms, you might recognised the trembling of a tormented person despite all his believing.

The point is that belief is not so advantage as that which many claim it is. You would not build a bridge on mere belief but on actual knowledge if bridge building gained through learning. Nor would all the beliefs on earth put food on one's table and in one's belly less one bolsters such believing with some work which requires knowledge. You may imagine a baker, and consider how many loafs his believing may bake in order to hopefully further understand.

But please know that I am not exactly answering your question, for I trust that with some thought on your own behalf, you may be able to answer your own question with greater satisfaction.

Hahahaaha...Budaatum, you don't really understand anything at all. But I sensed the desire to learn in your post. Well, let us walk together. Well you just scratched the surface.

In one of your post, you did mention that God is consciousness..and sonmvayina went further to say it was the totality of the consciousness of the universe. This is correct. Now demons, gods, angels are just personification of natural laws and principles within the universe. Demons might be stuff like fear,jealousy, procrastination, anger..etc Angel's will be joy, happiness, success. Etc..while gods which the yorubas refers to as orishas includes death, wisdom, darkness, etc.
They are all part of God and have a role to play in this physical or material plane..
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 10:36am On Aug 10, 2021
HardMirror:
i have done the above bolded. infact i used to be an uncommitted christian as a kid, not like i did not love and fear god, but i was just a kid doing kid stuff. then when i grew a bit older, my senior secondary school days, i became more and more conscious about God, his will for my life and commitment to God. then i started doing all the above that you recommended. i grew very quickly in faith. i became very passionate about soul winning..... got baptized in water and in the holy spirit. all i wanted was to be whatever God wanted me to be, nothing else matters. God was the very beginning and end for me. I had an habit of reading the bible genesis to revelation withing 4-5months and i would write down what the holy spirit was ministering to me as i read. i lived like this until i got to 400 level when i began to access other information about my faith and the history of Christianity. i cannot deceive myself. these contrary information i was getting were factual, i struggled for a long time dismissing them with all manner of excuses, but i knew i was not being honest with myself. indeed, the whole scriptures were questionable, the whole christian experience was questionable, i just had to admit it.
asking practical questions from people like witches (yes i was a deliverance minister so had access to people coming for deliverances) proved that they were delusional and had no powers actually, they could be said to have mental issues, even thought it did not affect them from living normal lives, but they really were delusional.
i used to see angels, demons, spirits etc. all of a sudden i realized i was hallucinating, they were not real. i had put myself in that mental state aided by the effects of prolonged fastings and prayers.
the bible is full of contradictions, and outright lies everyother useful information there are commonsense wisdom. the othrstuff that should really distinguish the bible are practical lies.
what is the actual history of my dear religion. how did it start, where did the bible come from, etc and i realized this religion is just a man made religion.

i have had discussions with friends, they all are unable to defend or answer questions i am asking. all they want to do is refer to what the bible says. question is, is the bible even from god. a book just tells you hell, heaven, jesus, god, donkey, snake, dragon and you just believe and why do you believe? because the book says you should believe.

i have seen a lot and experienced a lot. i have learned lot and investigated a lot. this whole religion thing is man made, that is why when it faces real practical questions, all you can do is claim only god knows or you shift the goal post, you find excuses. that is why hospitals a booming, that is why pastors are quickly evolving to preach prosperity and make the church a place of entertainment and motivational speaking, because they quickly are finding out they cannot sustain the lies that god answers prayers, so they have to adopt to the realities. tb Joshua tried so much to sustain the aura that there are spiritual powers but we keep seeing him exposed when ever it really mattered. it is same story everywhere. i listen to pastors teach now and i laugh, because these words meant life and death to me when i was a believer, but now they sound so stupid, i realize they are just saying nonsense because the listeners are conditioned to take it as wisdom and word from a god. when you really think about what is being said, it is all childish nonsense.

We used to encourage people to go for purity over power, they don't usually hear. Then, they may become murrormirror. You lacked a good teacher(s) as a Christian. You were more surrounded with the imbalance of prayers and powers. Matthew 7v21 people.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by budaatum: 10:46am On Aug 10, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Hahahaaha...Budaatum, you don't really understand anything at all. But I sensed the desire to learn in your post. Well, let us walk together. Well you just scratched the surface.

In one of your post, you did mention that God is consciousness..and sonmvayina went further to say it was the totality of the consciousness of the universe. This is correct. Now demons, gods, angels are just personification of natural laws and principles within the universe. Demons might be stuff like fear,jealousy, procrastination, anger..etc Angel's will be joy, happiness, success. Etc..while gods which the yorubas refers to as orishas includes death, wisdom, darkness, etc.
They are all part of God and have a role to play in this physical or material plane..

Funny. Aren't you just repeating what I said with some tiny modifications?

In that last sentence of your's for instance, I would say "They are all part of what we humans refer to as God", since I doubt that we humans have any idea of what you refer to as the "totality of the consciousness of the universe". Even the idea of a conscious universe seems alien to me.

And I doubt I "did mention that God is consciousness", since that's not my thinking, which is that Gods, along with demons and angels, are human creations, as in, "personifications" as you yourself have called them. Care posting me to where you read me mention this please, as I'd like to see it in context?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
First of all i need to ask you a question:

Are you just fed up with the idea that God exists or you want to know the truth?

For the past five years that i've been part of this forum, this is the first time i read a post as long as this!
Because i can see the sincerity, feel the honesty and share your feelings and disappointment about the whole thing.
But let me give you the greatest shock ever today.
You never had anything to do with true Christianity!

True Christianity has nothing to do with miracles, speaking in tongues and all those stuff! Those are deception initiated by Satan the devil. The way God planned for salvation of mankind has nothing to do with all those signs you people are eagerly seeking!

But sadly Satan caught people's attention and he succeeded in making a mess out of what you people looks up to as Christianity today!

If you want to know the truth about Christianity and the group PRACTICING it feel free to engage me with any question as in ANY QUESTION that comes to your mind.
I've been through the same situation as you but fortunately for me i found the true Christians and today i'm just like the happiest man on this planet, i keep thanking the true Christians everyday of my life because i can't just imagine what i'll be doing right now had it been they never came to my rescue when i really needed to know the truth about God!

I know you've been chatting with lots and lots of misinformed churchgoers in and out of this forum but please just give it a trial by bringing all your UNANSWERED questions back now.

Remember the five steps again!
© Careful Reading
© Diligent Studying
© Thorough Meditation
© Humble Discussion
© Heartfelt Prayer
Proverbs 2:1-5

Now let's do it together and see if truly you were ever a Christian or discussed with one all these while! smiley

so, what is true Christianity?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Pelecius: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2021
Image123:

You wrote and must have read "thing or concept", did you?
Lol
I noticed he ignored this your post just as he did with my response to his documentary. I believe he must have foreseen where it'd lead to, so he has to ignore them inorder to hold on to his dear belief.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
Pelecius:

Lol
I noticed he ignored this your post just as he did with my response to his documentary. I believe he must have foreseen where it'd lead to, so he has to ignore them inorder to hold on to his dear belief.

Don't mind him.

2Th 2:10 KJV And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 KJV And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Pelecius: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2021
Image123:

Don't mind him.

2Th 2:10 KJV And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 KJV And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
Wow!

I'm not conversant with this scripture before. This just explains it all.
It's Romans 1v 18-22 and 28 that I was used to.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2021
Pelecius:

Wow!

I'm not conversant with this scripture before. This just explains it all.
It's Romans 1v 18-22 and 28 that I was used to.

Established.

Rom 1:28 KJV And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:17pm On Aug 10, 2021
HardMirror:
so, what is true Christianity?

Christianity is the result of God's promises to Abraham {Genesis 12:1-3} mankind need to be saved from sin and the arrangement must start somewhere, that's why God chose a man who is honest, faithful and loyal to the core (Abraham)
God promised this man that through his descendants the whole earth will be redeemed but first a nation must emerge to serve as the prepared people that will welcome the seed of promise Messiah (Christ). After the Israelites have been established as that nation that will produce priests and kings to support the Christ's mission on earth. God began showing them His power and loyalty to their great grandfather Abraham but the Israelites were stubborn and stiff-necked, they killed most of the prophets God raised in their midst until the Messiah (Christ) arrived! Matthew 23:37-38

So all the promises of Miracles, Speaking in tongues and other supernatural GIFTS aren't for any nation or persons outside Israel because this GIFTS are meant to impress in the hearts of Israelites that the Messiah's mission has been accomplished {Joel 2:28-30} Why? Because this stiff-necked people may miss the presence of the Messiah when he's around but when they see those supernatural GIFTS happening then they will remember that the Messiah (Christ) has come and gone but they've missed the opportunity to be with him, that's what Apostle Peter reminded them when these promised GIFTS began manifesting @ Pentecost {Act 2:16-21} note that Peter said "this promise is for the children of Israelites" just as Jesus himself said before then! Matthew 15:25-28

So Apostle Paul wrote in his letter to Christians in Corinth that all this GIFTS is for a purpose and when the purpose has been met it will all seize to occur! 1Corinthians 13:8-10

All these people claiming they're performing miracles, healings and speaking in tongues today are been deceived by Satan the devil. Of course some supernatural things do happen in their midst but it's of no purpose so they can't explain why it won't happen when they really need it like you taking a man born lame to them and they're unable to restore the lame man's leg with their miracles. That's because Satan and his demons are the ones deceiving them with fake signs {Revelations 16:14} of course they're calling Jesus' name and seeing the fake signs but they're not doing what true Christians are required to do! Matthew 7:21-23

Jesus explained in details the real assignment given to his true followers and the sign that honest hearted and sincere individuals need to watch out for so that you won't be deceived following the wrong crowd! Matthew 7:13-14 compare to Exodus 23:1-2

Will you like to know the MARK of the true Christian group?
Jesus said the sign we will see is like that of Jonah {Matthew 12:38-41} Jonah was the prophet who preached about the destruction of a city called Nineveh, the inhabitants of that city never saw any sign or miracles that should help them to believe that Jonah was a true prophet of God but Jonah was fully convinced that God is backing him. Do you know why?
Because God showed Jonah signs that only him could tell, no one saw it happened.
Another funny thing about Jonah is that after declaring God's judgment on Nineveh the inhabitants of that city repented so God didn't destroy the City as Jonah has been shouting for the past 40 days!

So which group of people today has been zealously preaching and industriously teaching people globally about the end of the world but nothing has happened so far?
The way and manner this group keep their assignments shows that they've gotten the assurance of what they're saying but 99.9 % of earth's inhabitants mocks them, some are even vilifying them.

Yet all the promises of God about the group that will practice pure worship (true Christianity) in the end time is fulfilling among them!

Will you like to know the true Christians and the IDENTIFYING MARK God foretold in the Bible? smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:44am On Aug 11, 2021
Good morning Sir, how are you doing today? smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Christianity is the result of God's promises to Abraham {Genesis 12:1-3} mankind need to be saved from sin and the arrangement must start somewhere, that's why God chose a man who is honest, faithful and loyal to the core (Abraham)
God promised this man that through his descendants the whole earth will be redeemed but first a nation must emerge to serve as the prepared people that will welcome the seed of promise Messiah (Christ). After the Israelites have been established as that nation that will produce priests and kings to support the Christ's mission on earth. God began showing them His power and loyalty to their great grandfather Abraham but the Israelites were stubborn and stiff-necked, they killed most of the prophets God raised in their midst until the Messiah (Christ) arrived! Matthew 23:37-38

So all the promises of Miracles, Speaking in tongues and other supernatural GIFTS aren't for any nation or persons outside Israel because this GIFTS are meant to impress in the hearts of Israelites that the Messiah's mission has been accomplished {Joel 2:28-30} Why? Because this stiff-necked people may miss the presence of the Messiah when he's around but when they see those supernatural GIFTS happening then they will remember that the Messiah (Christ) has come and gone but they've missed the opportunity to be with him, that's what Apostle Peter reminded them when these promised GIFTS began manifesting @ Pentecost {Act 2:16-21} note that Peter said "this promise is for the children of Israelites" just as Jesus himself said before then! Matthew 15:25-28

So Apostle Paul wrote in his letter to Christians in Corinth that all this GIFTS is for a purpose and when the purpose has been met it will all seize to occur! 1Corinthians 13:8-10

All these people claiming they're performing miracles, healings and speaking in tongues today are been deceived by Satan the devil. Of course some supernatural things do happen in their midst but it's of no purpose so they can't explain why it won't happen when they really need it like you taking a man born lame to them and they're unable to restore the lame man's leg with their miracles. That's because Satan and his demons are the ones deceiving them with fake signs {Revelations 16:14} of course they're calling Jesus' name and seeing the fake signs but they're not doing what true Christians are required to do! Matthew 7:21-23

Jesus explained in details the real assignment given to his true followers and the sign that honest hearted and sincere individuals need to watch out for so that you won't be deceived following the wrong crowd! Matthew 7:13-14 compare to Exodus 23:1-2

Will you like to know the MARK of the true Christian group?
Jesus said the sign we will see is like that of Jonah {Matthew 12:38-41} Jonah was the prophet who preached about the destruction of a city called Nineveh, the inhabitants of that city never saw any sign or miracles that should help them to believe that Jonah was a true prophet of God but Jonah was fully convinced that God is backing him. Do you know why?
Because God showed Jonah signs that only him could tell, no one saw it happened.
Another funny thing about Jonah is that after declaring God's judgment on Nineveh the inhabitants of that city repented so God didn't destroy the City as Jonah has been shouting for the past 40 days!

So which group of people today has been zealously preaching and industriously teaching people globally about the end of the world but nothing has happened so far?
The way and manner this group keep their assignments shows that they've gotten the assurance of what they're saying but 99.9 % of earth's inhabitants mocks them, some are even vilifying them.

Yet all the promises of God about the group that will practice pure worship (true Christianity) in the end time is fulfilling among them!

Will you like to know the true Christians and the IDENTIFYING MARK God foretold in the Bible? smiley
if this is your definition of christianity, then i was indeed a christian. so the aguement that i was not a christian is settled
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:
if this is your definition of christianity, then i was indeed a christian. so the aguement that i was not a christian is settled

Do you sincerely think you were a Christian back then?
Let's consider how you PRACTICED Christianity back then!

HardMirror:
i have done the above bolded. infact i used to be an uncommitted christian as a kid, not like i did not love and fear god, but i was just a kid doing kid stuff. then when i grew a bit older, my senior secondary school days, i became more and more conscious about God, his will for my life and commitment to God.
If you're less than 18 years it means you're simply living under the direction of your parents not what you have thought about so you weren't PRACTICING what you know rather you were just following orders! undecided

then i started doing all the above that you recommended. i grew very quickly in faith. i became very passionate about soul winning..... got baptized in water and in the holy spirit.
You need to be baptized after you've learnt all what Jesus commaded his followers, obviously you didn't know because your last sentence here shows you don't know what you were doing. Those baptised by God's holy spirit are born again Christians only, they are chosen by God to rule with Jesus in heaven. For your information though i have some of them very close to me but i am not one of them! smiley

all i wanted was to be whatever God wanted me to be, nothing else matters. God was the very beginning and end for me. I had an habit of reading the bible genesis to revelation withing 4-5months and i would write down what the holy spirit was ministering to me as i read.
The holy spirit only minister to those taking the lead in the Christian congregation, that's why we have teachers among us {Ephesians 4:11} because when they are two or three their purpose is not for selfish cravings but for the growth of the Body of Christ (congregation) so Jesus will send God's Holy Spirit to minister onto them {Matthew 18:20} not when each person is reading God's word privately. No that's not how things works!

i lived like this until i got to 400 level when i began to access other information about my faith and the history of Christianity. i cannot deceive myself. these contrary information i was getting were factual, i struggled for a long time dismissing them with all manner of excuses, but i knew i was not being honest with myself. indeed, the whole scriptures were questionable, the whole christian experience was questionable, i just had to admit it.
Your feeble faith can't survive such windstorm of philosophical theories because it wasn't built on the solid foundation of faith!
You're not fully competent and completely equipped with the right knowledge so the wind blown by Satan's world will surely destroy your powerless faith! Matthew 7:24-27

Now this is exactly where i realized that you never read through my comment the way i did with yours. For your information, God never promised gentiles any miraculous powers so you never knew the truth about Christianity if you expected miracles to happen in the gathering of people from other nations after real miracles has ended in the first century!

Of course you can see demons as long as you're involve in what they want (delusion) but angels must not appear to before you again because everything you need to know about your journey to God's Kingdom is complete in the Bible! Revelations 22:18-19

the bible is full of contradictions, and outright lies everyother useful information there are commonsense wisdom. the othrstuff that should really distinguish the bible are practical lies. what is the actual history of my dear religion. how did it start, where did the bible come from, etc and i realized this religion is just a man made religion.
If you know the answers to all these questions your faith would have been solid rock but because you never had the knowledge. For instance i was a Muslim before i converted to JW i asked all these questions and got the answers before i dedicated my life and symbolized it by baptism. These are stages you need to pass through before you can become a real Christian!

Who are your friends? Are they not misinformed churchgoers like you? Come on bring all your questions to me now and see how i'll trash them using God's word! 2Corinthians 10:5

Just calm down and learn my friend, no christian bear religious title with their names.
So whenever you see anyone being addressed with religious titles added to their names know today that they are not followers of Jesus of Nazareth! Matthew 23:3-12 smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:

Lol, you're not a Christian before maja until you are JW. Let me help you both cut the chase.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
Image123:

Lol, you're not a Christian before maja until you are JW. Let me help you both cut the chase.

Why not address his challenge if truly you're a Christian?
He condemned your faith, you're helpless only to show up as you often do for fruitless arguments.
Well i'll not allow you to disrupt the ongoing discussion, if you have something tangible to say, go ahead and face him directly.
I am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES and i'm defending my own faith before someone who asked a question relating to my faith.
That's what you should do not looking for means to argue hopelessly! smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

He condemned your faith, you're helpless only to show up as you often do for fruitless arguments.
Well i'll not allow you to disrupt the ongoing discussion, if you have something tangible to say, go ahead and face him directly.
I am one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES and i'm defending my own faith before someone who asked a question relating to my faith.

Did i lie?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
Image123:

Did i lie?
If you're not deceiving yourself with LIES prove it by defending your faith now!
Nobody needs you to jump into the ongoing discussion between two persons. If you've got something worthwhile to say about your faith in Jesus go ahead and say it. HardMirror needs proof that Christianity is not just some delusional thoughts so if you're truly a Christian open your mouth and defend your faith. This is the time to prove your Jesus not to start hiding behind the scenes arguing with me.
The person who needed your defense is HardMirror not Maximus! cheesy
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

If you're not deceiving yourself with LIES prove it by defending your faith now!
Nobody needs you to jump into the ongoing discussion between two persons. If you've got something worthwhile to say about your faith in Jesus go ahead and say it. HardMirror needs proof that Christianity is not just some delusional thoughts so if you're truly a Christian open your mouth and defend your faith. This is the time to prove your Jesus not to start hiding behind the scenes arguing with me.
The person who needed your defense is HardMirror not Maximus! cheesy

So much multitude of words but you couldn't answer the simple question. Did i lie? Do you think anyone a Christian who is not part of the JW?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2021
Image123:

So much multitude of words but you couldn't answer the simple question. Did i lie? Do you think anyone a Christian who is not part of the JW?
If you are a Christian prove it now!

HardMirror is your brother in faith, save him and prove yourself worthy before Jesus as his true follower!

This was Jesus' own words to one of his disciples when Jesus realized that Satan is planning to take them away from the faith.

"Simon, Simon, look! Satan has demanded to have all of you to sift you as wheat. But I have made supplication for you that your faith may not give out; and you, once you have returned, strengthen your brothers" John 21:31-32

So Mr Image123, are you a true Christian?

Prove that you are by strengthening your fellow believer who is about to fall out of the FAITH!

If you people are deaf spiritually, HardMirror is speaking out that he's living the faith due to weakness, now is the time to strengthen him if truly you are a Christian! smiley

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Emusan(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

He commented on this thread before you.

So what's your problem of asking him to address the OP?

Says the hypocrite who once claimed he can't engage Atheist in any discussion.

I guess, no one to argue with again that's why you have to jump on Atheist thread.

Maybe you just received new light on Atheist cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2021
Emusan:

He commented on this thread before you.
So what's your problem of asking him to address the OP?
Says the hypocrite who once claimed he can't engage Atheist in any discussion.
I guess, no one to argue with again that's why you have to jump on Atheist thread.
Maybe you just received new light on Atheist cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't worry Sir, i wasn't arguing with HardMirror! cheesy

Check our discussion and you see that i'm telling him what he didn't notice while claiming he was practicing Christianity.
Moreover he's just declaring his intentions to abandon Faith and i don't know him before now. So as a true Christian i'm here to tell him the truth about Christianity before he can conscientiously say he's done with Christianity! smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
Image123:

this comment got me laughing, see them fighting for the right to be called the TRUE CHRISTIANS. lol.
so who are the true christians?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Emusan(m): 5:28pm On Aug 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Don't worry Sir, i wasn't arguing with HardMirror! cheesy

Check our discussion and you see that i'm telling him what he didn't notice while claiming he was practicing Christianity.
Moreover he's just declaring his intentions to abandon Faith and i don't know him before now. So as a true Christian i'm here to tell him the truth about Christianity before he can conscientiously say he's done with Christianity! smiley

Yeah you're not arguing, it's just your delusion that is typing all those things cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

When you're the first person to open the thread this morning with "Good morning sir..."

The last lie shows the length you JWs can go to just to keep being relevant.

So for your over three years on Nairaland with 99% presence in Religion section, you didn't know @Hardmirror is an Atheist. With this bold statement from you "Moreover he's just declaring his intentions to abandon Faith"

Mr JWs lie small nah....ha ba!

Well I didn't buy that lie, I know it's just a defense mechanism grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

If you are a Christian prove it now!

HardMirror is your brother in faith, save him and prove yourself worthy before Jesus as his true follower!

This was Jesus' own words to one of his disciples when Jesus realized that Satan is planning to take them away from the faith.

"Simon, Simon, look! Satan has demanded to have all of you to sift you as wheat. But I have made supplication for you that your faith may not give out; and you, once you have returned, strengthen your brothers" John 21:31-32

Prove that you are by strengthening your fellow believer who is about to fall out of the FAITH!

If you people are deaf spiritually, HardMirror is speaking out that he's living the faith due to weakness, now is the time to strengthen him if truly you are a Christian! smiley

You're more ignorant than i estimated. i don't have to prove that i am a child of the King, you're free to cut a limb if it suits you. Artful dodger.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2021
Image123:

You're more ignorant than i estimated. i don't have to prove that i am a child of the King, you're free to cut a limb if it suits you. Artful dodger.
and yet you guys want me to prove i was a christian. ogbeni you are not a christian. maxindhouse is a christian. grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:
and yet you guys want me to prove i was a christian. ogbeni you are not a christian. maxindhouse is a christian. grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

i have known you and engaged with you for over 5 years. i have never asked or wanted you to prove that you were a Christian. Get your brain in order or has devourer devoured your memory?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2021
Image123:

i have known you and engaged with you for over 5 years. i have never asked or wanted you to prove that you were a Christian. Get your brain in order or has devourer devoured your memory?
if true, my apologies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by petra1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 11, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Wrong . Had Mirror Has denied the faith by his will. His salvation is lost. The bible says we should not pray for such a person.

1 John 5:16 (NKJV)
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

Heb 6:4 — Heb 6:6 (KJV Strong's)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? / True Story- Muslim Sees Jesus In Toronto-canada / Does Allah Love Pigs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.