Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,324 members, 7,829,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) (63847 Views)

Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery / Lady Caught Stealing At A Shop In Warri Where She Previously Stole From / See Photos And Details Of Bankers Who Defrauded Banks Of Hundred Of Millions.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by lalasticlala(m): 8:25pm On Aug 05, 2021
Fraud: Two Bankers Convicted for Stealing From the Dead

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission EFCC, Uyo Zonal Command, has secured the conviction of two bank officials, Daniel Akpan Eno and Mbuk Idongesit before Justice Edem Ita Kufre of the Cross River State High Court, Calabar for conspiracy and theft of funds in the account of a deceased customer of a commercial bank.

The duo were convicted on Wednesday August 4, 2021 after pleading guilty to separate one count charge bordering on criminal conspiracy and fraudulent transfers. A third defendant, and alleged accomplice, Victor John Okon pleaded “not guilty”. His trial was adjourned till August 10, 2021 for consideration of bail application.

Justice Kufre convicted and sentenced Akpan to three months imprisonment with an option of fine of Fifty Thousand Naira (N50, 000.00), while Idongesit was sentenced to three months imprisonment with an option of Thirty Thousand Naira (N30, 000.00) fine.

The convicts’ journey to prison started on May 23, 2021 when Idongesit (alongside one Utibe George- currently at large) approached Akpan with the burial programme of one Godfried Godwin Osso, a deceased customer of the Bank, whom George(at large) claimed was his step - father, with a plot to steal from the deceased’s account.

On May 24, 2021, George concluded the deal with the convicts and also contacted a Teller (Victor Okon – the 3rd defendant) from another branch of the bank to ease access to the funds in the account of the deceased. A 50% sharing formula was agreed upon by the conspirators and the plot was executed.

The commission waded in following a petition from the bank, alleging suspicious dissipation of monies in the deceased account into the accounts of family members and acquaintances, from where they were diverted to personal use.

Investigation revealed that on June 19, 2019 Victor Okon connived with George Ifiok Utibe (at large) and received the sum of One Million Five Hundred Thousand Naira (N1, 500, 000.00). Daniel Akpan also benefited the sum of One Million and Forty Thousand Naira (N1, 040, 000.00) while Godwin Mbuk benefited the sum of One Hundred and Thirty Thousand Naira (N130, 000.00) only

The judge ordered the convicts remanded at the Nigerian Correctional facility until they pay their fines, while Victor was remanded at the Commission’s detention facility pending the hearing of his bail application.

https://www.facebook.com/509762239046271/posts/4327915853897538/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by BabbanBura(m): 8:27pm On Aug 05, 2021

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by iamyemiakins(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2021
A 50% sharing formula was agreed upon by the conspirators and the plot was executed.
Sharing formula ontop money wey dem no work for, someone's sweat!
[img]https://media1./images/46c075c9408d33d1e7e6387cfc51ff1d/tenor.gif?itemid=14666818[/img]

195 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by nnemekaemmanuel: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by EricSmallz(m): 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
Light sentences and option of fines.
The ex convict stigma is bad sha.
I will never advise anybody to plead guilty to any offense in Nigeria.
You just may wriggle your way out and stay clean.

They stole from a dead person, a very usual occurrence in the banking sector in Nigeria

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by DoggoneDogg: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
Someone in the branch was just pained he/she didn't get a share.

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by slawormiir: 8:30pm On Aug 05, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright.....

Bombing a dead man account

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Wahala be like bicycle

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Sonnobax15(m): 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
grin
Every Nigerian is a potential criminal.....let's be realistic.....But na who dem catch go enter mugshot....

I've heard of several stories like these...One of which was about a man who kept siphoning both living and dead pensioners funds.....Na one day one day the guyman run mad when ghost start to torment am cheesy

But why steal from the dead?.......some people just get mind cha... Because personally I can't do it...Only my conscience go murder me overnight undecided

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by ko82: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
shocked
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Chai, end endtime news

3 Likes

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Unsad(m): 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Humanity really at an all time low.

Buying bitcoin and all digital assets at sweet rates , tap in bosses.

Check Sig for contact.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by SILVERLINES: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
cheesy

Real Nigeria bankers
They can even steal from person we still dey alive talkless of person wey don die

12 Likes

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Commentor: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Naija and crime.
See Nigerians, it is illegal to steal from a dead person's account

Some time ago, I got a email from a fraudster asking me to deposit my bank details to partake of the $20 million left behind by a 'dead ivorien' in a Nigerian bank.

I had a good laugh at the joker, deleted the email, and moved on.

Some people think that some of us were born yesterday.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by helinuesIsaMumu: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Option of fine of just 30k? shocked

1 Like

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Andyblaze: 8:31pm On Aug 05, 2021
Sorry o
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by joedave(m): 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2021
That was a slack judgement. I think they deserved harsher punishment deterring others from doing same. This happens from unscrupulous bankers most times.

5 Likes

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2021
Legal system is a disgrace

4 Likes

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by mardis: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
You dey your own jeje, devil go con carry you join body go do crime, worst part he go con leave you to face the music alone

5 Likes

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by vicfajeze: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
BabbanBura:

These sentences ain't no deterrent enough jhor!
bros me I wonder o.

1 Like

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2021
most bankers are thief's

1 Like

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Funny enough, some bankers still dey run this kain parole on the low....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.facebook.com/509762239046271/posts/4327915853897538/

Our laws should be amended . What's 3 months sentence? Abeg knack them 15 or more years . No difference between them and yahoo boys

7 Likes

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
helinuesIsaMumu:
Option of fine of just 30k? shocked

That's why you should put pressure on your legislator to tighten up such laws...that's what they are there for really.

4 Likes

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Emeka71(m): 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
There is so much corruption even in the bank such that bank workers want to steal money of the dead; they are not even satisfied with thier salary.

2 Likes

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Ceenachi: 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
There must be an error in the decision of the court! How would someone that stole 1million plus be fined just 50 thousand. Am I dreaming pls?

7 Likes

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by SarakiBukola: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2021
angry

Temper justice with mercy.

Not their fault.... they grew up in Biafuro undecided cry

Be lenient... just give them 30 years each instead of 3 months tongue

2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

White Man Kills His Baby Mama After Disguising As A Black Man In US / U.S Woman To Be Jailed For Fake $1500 Marriage With Nigerian / Ibrahim Idris: Alfa Rapes 3 Daughters Of Couple Who Housed Him Free For 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.