Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:35 AM

Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) (63860 Views)

Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery / Lady Caught Stealing At A Shop In Warri Where She Previously Stole From / See Photos And Details Of Bankers Who Defrauded Banks Of Hundred Of Millions.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by like1: 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2021
I think the sentence was light, since it looks like the family members of the deceased were involved in the withdrawal. So the actual offence was instead of going through official means to withdraw the money, they went through the back door, which is bribing a bank teller to transfer the cash to them.

I think another distrust staff in the bank or family member, who lost out in the deal reported the transaction. Ordinarily the bank won't know this transfer happened.
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by EmmySparky(m): 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2021
Na wa..guyman carry Efcc banner cos of 130k...chai...
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Elzakzaky: 11:24pm On Aug 05, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
Every Nigerian is a potential criminal.....let's be realistic.....But na who dem catch go enter mugshot....

I've heard of several stories like these...One of which was about a man who kept siphoning both living and dead pensioners funds.....Na one day one day the guyman run mad when ghost start to torment am cheesy

But why steal from the dead?.......some people just get mind cha... Because personally I can't do it...Only my conscience go murder me overnight undecided
Nigerian politicians steal from the dead, the living and the unborn
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Paulianfa(m): 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Fraud dey for each and every other Nigerian's blood...
Everybody is fraudster in Nigeria
Boboss are bombing death man's pockets
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by pharrelaustin: 12:01am On Aug 06, 2021
The one wer bank itself steal from us wer still dey breath no pass fraud. They give am one grammer name say na " bank charges"
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by igwegeorgiano(m): 12:10am On Aug 06, 2021
Ndo-thieves
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by jaxxy(m): 12:24am On Aug 06, 2021
Rozcol:
most bankers are thief's

Lol how do u know? A few of them work with outsiders to commit crimes. I had a funny experience once I almost closed the account with the bank. The teller who attended to me is a criminal.
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by smallsmall: 3:05am On Aug 06, 2021
BabbanBura:

These sentences ain't no deterrent enough jhor!

Our Judges are criminals because it is this sort of LIGHt Sentence that encourage other Criminals.
How does someone steal #1.5Million from a Customer's account and you sentence him to 3Months in Prison or #50K fine?
What happens to the remaining #1,450,000?

A lot of Bank Staff nowadays are criminals, stealing from Customers's Account, both dead and alive.
These ones that were caught,should have been used as a lesson to others.
A minimum of 15yrs in prison, without an option of fine, will send the right signals.
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by mastertek: 3:37am On Aug 06, 2021
I hate hear this nonsense, same way someone will said get a PVC to vote out bad government.

All these statement are rubbish, always said by people who are enjoying our bad govt & system.

What average Nigerian need now is to clamour for breakup, all those nonsense of go & vote, talk to your legislooooootor is a mock to millions of poor Nigerian, because you know you can't beat them at their game

Beancounter94:

That's why you should put pressure on your legislator to tighten up such laws...that's what they are there for really.
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by sniperr007(m): 3:50am On Aug 06, 2021
BabbanBura:

These sentences ain't no deterrent enough jhor!

How much them thief?

The politicians that steal billions & ruin destinies, how many years do they get if convicted.

They no kill person joor, let them go & sin no more.
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by MASTERMIND04(m): 3:59am On Aug 06, 2021
Deal wey no reach 3M. All the people involved are mad, especially the goat that was offered 130k for such a risky deal.
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by zedegit: 4:28am On Aug 06, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.facebook.com/509762239046271/posts/4327915853897538/

This is why corruption will never end. Someone stole millions of naira and you give him option of 3 months imprisonment or #30 000 only.

Same applies to Yahoo boys.

This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by zedegit: 4:31am On Aug 06, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Sharing formula ontop money wey dem no work for, someone's sweat!
[img]https://media1./images/46c075c9408d33d1e7e6387cfc51ff1d/tenor.gif?itemid=14666818[/img]

This is what some bank workers do.

Once your account is dormant for 10 years and above. They assume you dead and start withdrawals. This is made worse by those who his their account details from family members and died.
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 06, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:
Two BANK WORKERS not Bankers!!

Not everyone who works in a bank is a banker else you’d call the security man at the gate a banker too!

To the subject matter- these two are scum and deserve the punishment. They will gladly deny access to the account of family members come to make enquiry of a deceased’s account. They will tell them to bring death certificate and a letter from the deceased authorizing them access. Yet they go ahead to steal from the dead !!!

It is correct to call them bankers
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by BabbanBura(m): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2021
smallsmall:

Our Judges are criminals because it is this sort of LIGHt Sentence that encourage other Criminals.
How does someone steal #1.5Million from a Customer's account and you sentence him to 3Months in Prison or #50K fine?
What happens to the remaining #1,450,000?

A lot of Bank Staff nowadays are criminals, stealing from Customers's Account, both dead and alive.
These ones that were caught,should have been used as a lesson to others.
A minimum of 15yrs in prison, without an option of fine, will send the right signals.

Well spoken Bro
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by ubee(m): 8:57am On Aug 06, 2021
Even the important government organisations in this country don't have the common sense to employ smart and fully qualified staff to handle their social media reporting.
Up in the story they stated that the conspiracy began May 23rd 2021, but further down in the report they report another criminal activity by the indicted parties where the stole millions and shared the money amongst themselves.

They did not clarify whether it's a separate crime or not.
When was this crime? Was it 2019 or 2021?
Shame!
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Enyimbamercedes: 9:13am On Aug 06, 2021
LagosInter:

It is correct to call them bankers

It is incorrect to call them BANKERS. They are either tellers or cashiers or security men or cleaners or floor managers or whatever their designation but they are not BANKERS. Bankers are the top executive or owners of the banks not the bank workers

1 Like

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by bigbauer(m): 10:33am On Aug 06, 2021
most people are just being sentimental with their replies. Truth is, Nigerian banks are corporate scammers. The bank is pained that some staff released trapped money to the owners (deceased family). I have seen a family suffer abject poverty while their late father's (husband's) bank account has millions of Naira. This people spent good money trying to recover the money in the account. It was from one story to another. Not supporting crime, but those banks staff did the right thing, the Judge knows this, that's why they were given light sentences. I believe that they would've been acquitted if they weren't sued by state actors (EFCC). I believe it was the bank that took theatter to EFCC. If you know how much is trapped by these banks, money they'll do everything to ensure the rightful owners aren't aware of and not to mention accessing.
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 06, 2021
jaxxy:

Lol how do u know? A few of them work with outsiders to commit crimes. I had a funny experience once I almost closed the account with the bank. The teller who attended to me is a criminal.
Had some few experiences with them
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by jaxxy(m): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2021
Rozcol:
Had some few experiences with them

Lol terrible. Bt there are good ones just the bad ones are getting too much.
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 06, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:

It is incorrect to call them BANKERS. They are either tellers or cashiers or security men or cleaners or floor managers or whatever their designation but they are not BANKERS. Bankers are the top executive or owners of the banks not the bank workers

Must a top executive be among the owners of the bank?

Or are there top execs who are not owners?
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Realhommie(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
prekumohtim:

Our laws should be amended . What's 3 months sentence? Abeg knack them 15 or more years . No difference between them and yahoo boys
Of course bankers are cooperate yahoo boys. Many of them aid and abet those miscreants called internet fraudsters so they all share in the sleaze

1 Like

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Enyimbamercedes: 4:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
LagosInter:

Must a top executive be among the owners of the bank?

Or are there top execs who are not owners?

Oya everyone that works in a bank is a banker....REST
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by Nmezor(f): 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hmmmm, glad they caught some of them
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by charlsecy(m): 10:29am On Aug 07, 2021
Fashsilo:
This shows as an example if you have enough treat your self well enjoy your life and ur family or else somethings like this we be ur story
The deceased didn't treat himself well while alive? Or you plan to exhaust your wealth before death?
Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by ModeEbo(m): 10:42am On Aug 07, 2021
C dem faces grin grin

1 Like

Re: Two Bankers Who Stole From The Dead Jailed In Calabar (pictures) by ademijuwonlo(f): 1:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
prekumohtim:

Our laws should be amended . What's 3 months sentence? Abeg knack them 15 or more years . No difference between them and yahoo boys
I concur 100%

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

White Man Kills His Baby Mama After Disguising As A Black Man In US / Area Boys Fight In Lagos Island. Man Butchered (Disturbing Photos) / Lady Deals With A White Man That Took Her Out On A Date And Abandoned Her To Pay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.