Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,585 members, 7,847,458 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:54 PM

Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir (1209 Views)

Imam Bashir Takes His New Car To Anglican Priest For Blessings In Kwara / Lucas Bashir And The Street Evangelist - Never Gets Old (pt. 2] / Why Do Some Christians Call Some Christians Brother And Sisters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

Jesus never mentioned that from Matthew, Mark until John!
He may not have the term born-again in particular, but the sub-commandments I spoke of where included in, I believe Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 3:46pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He may not have the term born-again in particular, but the sub-commandments I spoke of where included in, I believe Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. undecided

And after being born again you can still enter heaven or hell?

So what's the importance?
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 3:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

And after being born again you can still enter heaven or hell?

So what's the importance?
You become born-again in order to gain access into the Kingdom of God, to qualify for what God promised through Jesus Christ. And yes, in the Kingdom of God are those whose journey will end in Hell and those whose journey will end in Heaven. undecided

Those who do not enter into the Kingdom of God, all those who do not believe in God's Law, are those who are condemned to perish in the grave- cease to exist when they die, God's judgment since Adam. undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 4:15pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You become born-again in order to gain access into the Kingdom of God, to qualify for what God promised through Jesus Christ. And yes, in the Kingdom of God are those whose journey will end in Hell and those whose journey will end in Heaven. undecided

Those who do not enter into the Kingdom of God, all those who do not believe in God's Law, are those who are condemned to perish in the grave- cease to exist when they die, God's judgment since Adam. undecided

Your own na another case o grin

1 Like

Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

It is all there even in John 3 vs 1 - 21 undecided
And in verse 36, He reiterates that those who do not believe in Him , remain condemned.
36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life. But those who do not obey the Son will never have that life. They cannot get away from God’s anger.” - John 3 vs 36
So, no, this is not another case but the same words written in the Bible for all to comprehend. undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 4:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is all there even in John 3 vs 1 - 21 undecided
And in verse 36, He reiterates that those who do not believe in Him , remain condemned.
So, no, this is not another case but the same words written in the Bible for all to comprehend. undecided

Anyways...I believe all Jesus preached before he left was for only the children of Israel.

1 Like

Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

Anyways...I believe all Jesus preached before he left was for only the children of Israel.
So, why then did Jesus Christ, this after His resurrection, send His disciples into the World, to preach the very same Good News, He spent over 3 years teaching them before His death? undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by madegreatbygrace(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2021
quote author=AntiChristian post=104679485]

Even Antichristian can identify an heretical nutcase grin
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, why then did Jesus Christ, this after His resurrection, send His disciples into the World, to preach the very same Good News, He spent over 3 years teaching them before His death? undecided

I think we should first ask why Jesus said he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.

Emphasis on "only"!

Or did God later change his audience?

1 Like

Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

Even Antichristian can identify an heretical nutcase grin

Yes, most of his views are anti a lot of Christian views I know. But he is evidence based.

madegreatbygrace
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

I think we should first ask why Jesus said he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.

Emphasis on "only"!
Or did God later change his audience?
Yes, Jesus Christ was sent to the Lost sheep of Israel, those to whom God, through His prophets, made the promise to - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34.

31 This is what the Lord said, “The time is coming when I will make a new agreement with the family of Israel and with the family of Judah.

32 It will not be like the agreement I made with their ancestors. I made that agreement when I took them by the hand and brought them out of Egypt. I was their master, but they broke that agreement.” This message is from the Lord.

33 “In the future I will make this agreement with the people of Israel.” This message is from the Lord. “I will put my teachings in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
34 People will not have to teach their neighbors and relatives to know the Lord, because all people, from the least important to the most important, will know me.” This message is from the Lord. “I will forgive them for the evil things they did. I will not remember their sins.” - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34

And so that mission was finished when He died on the cross. And upon His resurrection, He threw open the gates of the Kingdom of God to the people of all the nations of of World, just as God promised. undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 8:04pm On Aug 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Yes, Jesus Christ was sent to the Lost sheep of Israel, those to whom God, through His prophets, made the promise to - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34.

However, that mission was finished when He died on the cross. And upon His resurrection, He threw open the gates of the Kingdom of God to the people of all the nations of of World, just as God promised. undecided

I already knew this is where you'd end. But the Islamic stance is that Jesus was sent to only Israel. Just as Noah, Moses and some others were sent to their nation only.

God's audience no dey change after His messenger dies!
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

I already knew this is where you'd end. But the Islamic stance is that Jesus was sent to only Israel. Just as Noah, Moses and some others were sent to their nation only.

God's audience no dey change after His messenger dies!
God didn't change the audience, He instead included the people of of nations into the New Covenant/agreement, embodied in the person of Jesus Christ, as He said He would in Jeremiah 31, just as He also promised in Genesis when He declared He would bless the nation's of the world through the seed of Abraham. undecided

If you follow Jesus Christ's own story, He told you He was sent to to Lost sheep of Israel(the sinners in the land) and He finished His duty by them, living according to the Old Covenant Law of Moses and dying at the end to redeem them from it. undecided

When Jesus Christ rose from the dead, He then sent, not Himself, but His disciples, into the world to bless the people of the nations of the world with the same Law that He taught to them. undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God didn't change the audience, He instead included the people of of nations into the New Covenant/agreement, embodied in the person of Jesus Christ, as He said He would in Jeremiah 31, just as He also promised in Genesis when He declared He would bless the nation's of the world through the seed of Abraham. undecided

If you follow Jesus Christ's own story, He told you He was sent to to Lost sheep of Israel(the sinners in the land) and He finished His duty by them, living according to the Old Covenant Law of Moses and dying at the end to redeem them from it. undecided

When Jesus Christ rose from the dead, He then sent, not Himself, but His disciples, into the world to bless the people of the nations of the world with the same Law that He taught to them. undecided

That's what I'm saying. God didn't intend to include everybody before as nowhere was this mentioned explicitly.
Anyways, as I said before I prefer the explicit verses below:

Allah, Exalted be He, says,
“Say (O Muhammad): ‘O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah - to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth.’” (Surah Al-A’raf, 7:158)

“And We have not sent you (O Muhammad) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most men know not.” (Surah Saba’, 34: 28)

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the Aalameen (mankind, jinns and all that exists)” [al-Anbiya’ 21:107].
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

That's what I'm saying. God didn't intend to include everybody before as nowhere was this mentioned explicitly.
Anyways, as I said before I prefer the explicit verses below:

Allah, Exalted be He, says,
“Say (O Muhammad): ‘O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah - to Whom belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth.’” (Surah Al-A’raf, 7:158)

“And We have not sent you (O Muhammad) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most men know not.” (Surah Saba’, 34: 28)

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning): “And We have sent you (O Muhammad SAW) not but as a mercy for the Aalameen (mankind, jinns and all that exists)” [al-Anbiya’ 21:107].
God didn't intend but His Law, Jesus Christ did? Interesting claim! undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 12:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God didn't intend but His Law, Jesus Christ did? Interesting claim! undecided

Where in Jeremiah 31 did God plan to save the world outside Israel?

Jesus Christ is your God's Law?
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

Where in Jeremiah 31 did God plan to save the world outside Israel?

Jesus Christ is your God's Law?
God did mentioned that all people would be impacted by His New Agreement, did He not? undecided
Jesus Christ is the New agreement promised by God, the New Covenant/Law, only not in the land of Canaan but in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God did mentioned that all people would be impacted by His New Agreement, did He not? undecided
Jesus Christ is the New agreement promised by God, the New Covenant/Law, only not in the land of Canaan but in the Kingdom of God. undecided

The same new agreement that said he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel?

Maybe a typo sha!
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

Maybe a typo sha!
No, it was not a typo of any kind. Jesus Christ was sent to pay the ransom for those of the lost sheep of Israel and this He did with His very life... so as to buy them from the Old Covenant Law which they were ladened with and into the New Covenant, which He embodies. undecided

So His life and death was to the Lost sheep of Israel - the mission He had only to the Jewish sinners ended with His life on the cross. However, His resurrection was to all of mankind. undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No, it was not a typo of any kind. Jesus Christ was sent to pay the ransom for those of the lost sheep of Israel and this He did with His very life... so as to buy them from the Old Covenant Law which they were ladened with and into the New Covenant, which He embodies. undecided

So His life and death was to the Lost sheep of Israel - the mission He had only to the Jewish sinners ended with His life on the cross. However, His resurrection was to all of mankind. undecided

Where did Jesus explicitly states all these and to whom?
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

Where did Jesus explicitly states all these and to whom?
State what in particular? undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
State what in particular? undecided

You last claim that I boldened.
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

You last claim that I boldened.
I think it is best I should say that it was revealed to me about reading through many of of books of scripture - from old to new. undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I think it is best I should say that it was revealed to me about reading through many of of books of scripture - from old to new. undecided

lipsrsealed
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2021
AntiChristian:

lipsrsealed
Let me try!

1. Those of the blood of Jacob were born bound to the Old Covenant Law, an everlasting Covenant with God that only ended with their death. They were sealed in from the moment of their conception to the moment of their death or eternity depending on how they lived life here on earth. undecided

2. Those of them who died in sin were condemned to perish in the grave aka cease to exist whereas those who obtained righteousness were promised eternal life and life forever in the land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. This means that the only way to be rid of the heavy burden of the Old Law, without penalty, is through fulfillment of the Law(righteousness and death). This is true even to this day for all sons of Israel. undecided

3. Jesus Christ was promised as a way out of the Old Law onto a New agreement with God. However, it Is against God's Old Covenant Law of Moses to add to, changed or remove commandments from the Law - no man has the authority to do that. so Jesus Christ had to - this on behalf of those whom He was sent to free from the Old Law - first provide for them a way off the Old agreement so they could then be ported over to the New agreement. undecided

4. To do this, Jesus Christ lived His life in fulfillment of the Old Covenant laws(righteousness and death) - he had to die to complete the misson- recall that the only way for those born into the Old Covenant to escape it without perishing was through righteousness and then death. Jesus Christ's death on the cross was the fulfillment of the Old Covenant Law. undecided

So, Jesus Christ's death paid the Ransom they owed to the Old Law and as God said in Jeremiah 31 vs 34, He, God, will forgive them and will remember those sins no more.
34 People will not have to teach their neighbors and relatives to know the Lord, because all people, from the least important to the most important, will know me.” This message is from the Lord. “I will forgive them for the evil things they did. I will not remember their sins. - Jeremiah 31 vs 34

5. So Jesus Christ's death was an offering on behalf of those who would chose Him, the New agreement, freeing them from their responsibilities to the Old Covenant Law - those of them who accept Jesus Christ are , by His sacrifice, made dead to the Old Law and alive to the New agreement through His resurrection. undecided
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by oluwaahmed: 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
U left the whitemans religion for the wahabi religion. You are in serious need of mental emancipation.
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by AntiChristian: 10:01am On Aug 17, 2021
oluwaahmed:
U left the whitemans religion for the wahabi religion. You are in serious need of mental emancipation.

What does wahabi mean?
Re: Christians Brother Gets Owned By Lucas Bashir by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Dec 15, 2022
AntiChristian:

Maybe a typo sha!
It wasn't a typo at all. Jesus Christ is the good shepherd whose job it is to gather the lost sheep of Israel from every tribe, every tongue, and every nation. Indeed, Jesus Christ's mission is to the lost sheep of Israel, Israel's children who were scattered, by God, to all the ends of the earth - to every tribe, every tongue, and every nation out there.
19 I will put a mark on some of the people. I will send some of these saved people to the nations of Tarshish, Libya, Lud (the land of archers), Tubal, Greece, and all the faraway lands. Those people have never heard my teachings. They have never seen my Glory. So the saved people will tell the nations about my glory.
20 And they will bring all your brothers and sisters from those other nations to my holy mountain[g] Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord. Your brothers and sisters will ride on horses, mules, camels, and in chariots and wagons. They will be like the gifts that the Israelites bring on clean plates to the Temple of the Lord.
21 I will also choose some of these people to be priests and Levites.” The Lord himself said this. - Isaiah 66 vs 19 - 20
The lost sheep of Israel are gentiles too who have the blood of Jacob in them. And they are to be found in every nation. That is what God said make clear even right in His Law of Moses. He would scatter them, and He would, later on, gather them back when the time is right. So, as Jesus Christ made clear through His teachings and the fact that He called His followers to be fishers of men implying that He did not come for everyone, He is indeed sent only to the lost sheep of Israel, and the man standing right next to you right this minute could be one of them. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Cannot Become Lucifer If You Do Not Find The Cure For Cancer / Which World Cup Team Does God Support? / Was Jesus Black Or Blue -eyed White?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.