Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Okazi Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Okazi Soup (964 Views)

Yay!!! I Made A Delicious Okazi Soup Pics / Why You Need To Start Cooking With Okazi Leaves / How To Prepare Okazi Soup With Egusi (afang Soup And Egusi) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okazi Soup by TigerFoods: 10:40am On Aug 07, 2021
Okazi soup is one of the most underrated soups in Nigeria. This thick delicacy from the East has earned a place in our hearts. Indeed, every Nigerian needs to taste this premium dish. Moving on, we call it ''The Reconciliation Dish''�. This sumptuous meal is one of the ways to apologize to your partner or surprise them. We guarantee you a chop and lick finger experience. Break the weekend boredom with this recipe. Moreover, we can't wait for you to gist us your delicious experience. Alright, let's get down to business.

Ingredients
Beef
Snail
Ponmo
Tiger Chilli Pepper
Okazi (Afang leaves)
Uziza Leaves
Periwinkle
Shrimp
Vegeta Cocoyam Flour
Locust Bean
Larsor Beef Seasoning
Ground crayfish

Procedure

Wash and pound the Okazi leaves. Set aside

Wash, spice and season the beef with Larsor Beef Seasoning, then cook. Cook the meat until it gets soft. Afterwards, add snail, shrimps, periwinkle, already cooked ponmo, and water; cook until tender.

Add Palm oil. Mix Vegeta Cocoyam Flour with water to form a paste. Then add the thickener to the boiling protein.

When you have achieved a thick consistency, add crayfish, Tiger Chili Pepper, Larsor Beef Seasoning, locust bean, and salt.
Finally, add pound Okazi and shredded Uziza leaves. Let it simmer for a few minutes, bring it down, and serve with any swallow of your choice.

If you haven't cooked this meal before, this is your chance to explore your cooking skills. Also, if you have eaten this meal, what do you love most about it? Is this your twist for making yours? Let us know in the comment section.

Follow us on all social media platforms @thetigerfoods

Re: Okazi Soup by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
Can I grind the okazi leaves with engine or is it a must I pound it? undecided

I don't like pounding.
Re: Okazi Soup by Quinns: 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
CharisEleos:

I don't like pounding.
Re: Okazi Soup by Quinns: 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2021
Pound it

CharisEleos:

I don't like pounding.
Re: Okazi Soup by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
Quinns:
Pound it

Ok.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

China Bans Dog From Olympic Menu / How To Prepare And Serve The Perfect Cake / Pure Honey For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.