Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters (16483 Views)

How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) / NERC Urges Users To Update Prepaid Meters Before November / Ikeja Electric Explains How To Get Prepaid Metres Via MAP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by FarahAideed: 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ovamboland:

Stop taking their power supply from them if they can't meter you properly, they will come begging to connect you to their system. How can you continue to give them money for power not supplied?
I wasn't referring to my self ..My house is well metred ..I have never had a problem getting them to meter me but what about others
Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by Ovamboland(m): 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2021
Willie007:

Lol... Me for my side we dey see 3-6hrs of light a day sometimes. But if nepa bring light, after 2hrs I dey go off fridge make meter last... N4k light no dey last 3wks embarassed embarassed

You are complaining of $10 power supply and you people want foreign investors to come and give us constant power. Won't they rather go to countries that can spend $50 without complaining
Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by Ovamboland(m): 8:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
Lydiahandmade:
Better no collect if them call you. Prepaid is so expensive, if you mistakenly on A/c and fridge throughout the day 5k done go. The tariff is very high. You cannot turn on your bulb in peace.

That's how they roll abroad o to guarantee stable light.

Na they say you want Nigeria to become like abroad. Thank God they even take the light regularly to help you conserve your credit.
Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by jacoik(m): 10:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Sluacoast:
Since the day we started making use of the prepaid. Na so we go dey off fan wey we no dey use. I remember when my brother go remove outside bulb. Na so the compound dark like witch. Abeg I don miss the normal style. No freedom again o grin grin
my brother, that prepaid meter is the best. Before dem dey bring 35,000 every month for me but since I started using it, with 4k I can go for one full month
Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by Willie007: 12:17am On Aug 08, 2021
Ovamboland:

You are complaining of $10 power supply and you people want foreign investors to come and give us constant power. Won't they rather go to countries that can spend $50 without complaining

Is it my $10 that is chasing them or the bad economic policies of this government... If there is money and jobs and food, what makes you think I won't be willing to spend... When the government has decided to take from us more than we earn, what do u expect me to do... I can only spend according to my earnings

1 Like

Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by Justinlean02(m): 12:32am On Aug 08, 2021
FarahAideed:
Eko and Ikeja Disco are the worst discos in the whole Nigeria ...they both have PHD is criminal extortion of customers through that fraud called estimated bill and little wonder they don't want to give people meteres
abeg add EEDC to that fraud team

1 Like

Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by TAO11(f): 12:42am On Aug 08, 2021
Debunked once, debunked forever. You and your fake videos have been debunked. I know it hurts, but it is what it is.

Truthbeatslies:
[s]The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2hU-ibkPfg

[/s]
I have debunked this false video many, many times. See one of my comments below:

(1) Regarding your bitter lies about the trans-Atlantic slave trade, the following piece-by-piece devastating refutation:

(A) Contrary to your ignorance, captives weren’t taken from “all across Africa” as you imagined.

Rather, captives were taken from Central Africa and West Africa — including people from Benin kingdom whom the Nupe, the Ibadan, Ogedengbe, etc. raided.

(B) Contrary to your ignorance, the Yoruba people have long been known by the name Yoruba (and they’ve been living in their present homeland) for centuries prior to the period when ex-captives began to be returned to Africa.

We know this because the process of returning ex-captives back ‘home’ to West Africa didn’t begin until circa the late-1700s.

Whereas, there are manuscripts written in the early-1600s which list Yorubas (by their name Yoruba) among some of the ethnic groups of our region of West Africa.

This manuscript which was written by Ahmed Baba in 1615 is attached below.

The name Yoruba is shown in red highlight (among the other ethnic groups) as can be seen in the original manuscript as well as in the translation embedded below respectively:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934148_5117c6d550154217817d7c66b5fa0fe6_jpeg_jpeg2a73d5172c14cf7a7da91ff200688e3e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12934147_3336ed29985b499e82c4e140b455b9fa_jpeg_jpeg62ecafabb59c692d4ba471597fdf16bb

This translation was prepared by John Hunwick and Fatima Harrak for The Institute of African Studies Rabat, Morocco

Oh, I should add that we know that this manuscript was written by Ahmad Baba in the year 1615 because he himself penned his date as highlighted (in the attached verso) below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13082305_6e49d8d129844a578af9272699e1586a_jpeg_jpeg2d5891d724a6428e2c0f4e6898bd60cc

The highlight here literally shows the wording “(the year) one thousand and twenty four (of the Hijrah)”.

When converted from this Hijri “AH” calendar into our Gregorian “AD” calendar; the year 1024 AH falls into the year 1615 AD

The formula “D = 0.9692*H + 622” proves practically useful for this conversion.

In sum, your falsehood that returned-slaves (from all across Africa) are what became known as Yorubas is nothing but a but-hurt lie from a depressed bald-head.

(C) These ex-captives who were of West-African origin and Central African origin were repatriated directly to Sierra-Leone and Liberia.

Some began a new life there, while some decided to go back to their homeland from which they were taken ab-initio.

Nobody was repatriated to south-West Nigeria, bald-head.

A number of Yorubas among the returnees chose to return back to Yorubaland — just as many others who returned to their respective original homeland.

(2) The only ethnic-group whom I know of who couldn’t fight their way to freedom and be returned back to Africa are ……. [take a guess].

They couldn’t think of returning until about 400 years later when some of their descendants decided to tap into the science of Genetics as a guide to finding their way back home. ~ See video. below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

The two attachments below also shows some earlier corroborative confessions made available to Dr. R. E. Bradbury by these people themselves.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996709_af6378be36104010b036a2f7ab4096cd_jpeg_jpeg07ca8a3f5b191f4126cdcd6bf2f7faf7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12996710_b28de88ee10a4b7a83b95532f6609396_jpeg_jpegaca1a6203806c9d893c79b42b9a6c76e

Peace! wink

2 Likes

Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by Prophet777: 9:25am On Aug 08, 2021
Ikeja Electric and extortion are just like a twin from the same womb. Those who have even paid for metre donkey years ago have not been supplied. They don't want their customers to be metered so that the outrageous billings regime can continue.

My younger brother was billed N82, 000 and N74,000 for a room and parlor in January and Feb this year here in Ojodu-Abiodun.

What a shame of a nation where a national minimum wage is N30,000 and electricity bill is N70,000 average in a month.
Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by tkgindofa(m): 5:22pm On Aug 08, 2021
FarahAideed:
Eko and Ikeja Disco are the worst discos in the whole Nigeria ...they both have PHD is criminal extortion of customers through that fraud called estimated bill and little wonder they don't want to give people meteres
Add Abuja Electricity Distribution Company to (AEDC) to the list. Jos Electricity Distribution Company (JEDC) is far better in terms of meter distribution.
Re: Felix Ofulue: Why Many Lagos Residents Are Yet To Get Prepaid Meters by AlphaTaikun: 11:22am On Sep 20, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Airlines Sound Alarm Over ‘Existential Threat’ / APC Retreat For House Of Representatives Members-Elect (Photos) / Itse Sagay Under Fire For Backing Adeosun On Certificate Forgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.