Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho (50359 Views)

APC Governors Meet In Abuja, Seek Soft Landing For Buni, Others / APC Governors Seek Soft Landing For Obaseki / N3b Scam: Oyo-ita Weighs Options, Seeks Soft Landing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by sarrki(m): 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
Top sources in the diplomatic circle told TheCable the former president travelled to Zanzibar, an island in Tanzania, on August 1 and rerouted to the Francophone country.

He was said to have travelled to Benin Republic in the guise of condoling with Nicephore Soglo who recently lost his wife – Roseline Soglo.

Roseline died on July 25 at the age of 87 in Cotonou.

Soglo was president of Benin Republic from 1991 to 1996.

TheCable understands the former Beninise president and Obasanjo have maintained a warm relationship over the years.

Soglo is one of the African leaders who intervened at the time the Abacha regime arrested and jailed Obasanjo in 1995.

“Former President Obasanjo travelled to Zanzibar on August 1. Perhaps to conceal his trip; he rerouted to Benin Republic,” one of the sources said.

“He was to condole with former President Soglo who recently lost his wife.”

Another source who was also privy to Obasanjo’s trip said: “He also met with Patrice Talon. The purpose of the meeting was to seek soft-landing for Sunday Igboho.

“He’s asking the Beninise authorities to grant the separatist leader asylum, and not to return him to Nigeria.

“The former president intervened on the request of some south-west leaders.”

Igboho was arrested by Beninise security forces while attempting to flee to Germany.

The Department of State Services (DSS) raided his residence in Oyo on July 1, killing two people and arresting 12 of his supporters.

He has been in detention in Cotonou since his arrest.

An aide of Obasanjo confirmed the former president was in Benin Republic.

TheCable learnt Obasanjo returned to Nigeria by road through Idiroko land border in Ogun state.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-obasanjo-travels-to-benin-republic-seeks-soft-landing-for-igboho

80 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by sarrki(m): 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
Am not a fan of any secessionist

But I love the move and support for igboho

The online miscreants that pushe the innocent guy have all gone awol

192 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by Militant30: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
The Yorubas are so matured in there doings unlike my neighbors from the East who are looking for a way to suffer their people the more.

They don't know how to play politics,they don't know how to apply diplomacy in the time of crisis always chest beating like gorilla.

My only problem with the Yorubas is skull mining grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

296 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by tillaman(m): 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2021
sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by slawormiir: 3:05pm On Aug 07, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Lets see how it goes

But I have this strong feelings that bubu will pardon them last last
Kanu and Igboho

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by Jumlek2411: 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
Obasanjo is always a force to reckon with anyday anytime.

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by othermen: 3:14pm On Aug 07, 2021
Who can we call Ibo elders though?

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by updatechange(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
As expected

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by kponkedenge(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
I must commend the SW leaders for standing behind their own.... Unlike useless SE leaders that won't even hesitate to sabotage NK if given the opportunity.

Upon all the innocent SEners that were arrested and wrongfully tagged as ESN or unknown gun men, our so called SE leaders no even talk or show concern.... A lot of innocent lives in the East have been lost and still no comment from them.

Kudos to the SW leaders jare.

200 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by Lamasta(m): 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
Oduduwa a gbe wa o

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 07, 2021
Nn
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by Obamaofusa: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
Obasanjo I beleive,has never done anything to show that he is a real omoluabi.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by sofeo(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by Tonylyte(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
This is a welcome development.
Although, if I was privileged to, I would want the heat to remain high, enough to get people to the street.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by dmbb: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
You mean Nigerian government sent him to seek soft landing for Igboho?
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by Gabkosh: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
sarrki:

Keep quiet

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by MansoryMX(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
It took until the likes of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and Igboho who are pushing for individual republic for their people for WE all to realize North is Oppressing other regions, playing favoritism politics, secret ethnic invasion and annihilation and lastly nepotism in Nigeria Constitutional affairs. I see a breakup coming soon and we all know an inevitable war will break out! They may have the military but we have the numbers as a people!

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by BruncleZuma: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by kennosklint(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
grin
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by JamiuKabir: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
[s]
sarrki:

[/s]

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by Bopojo: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
I see
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by kennosklint(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
9zc1
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by kennosklint(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
cool
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by 10kgod(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
L
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by optimistfeel(m): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
Oya baba have finally intervene to the matter............
Kudos to ebora owu.....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by Elvis2kay: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
tongue
Re: Obasanjo Travels To Benin Republic, Seeks Soft Landing For Igboho by bolaayenimo: 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
Can Igboho still command gun to come from heaven

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow / Ambode & Tinubu Commission Mile 12-Ikorodu BRT Extention & New BRT Buses / Yoruba Nation Protesters Were Dispossessed Of Their Charms (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.