Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) (6905 Views)

Parishioners Boo Catholic Priests For Campaigning For PDP Governorship Candidate / Maduka Buries Mother-In-Law In Imo, Pledges Befitting Home For Catholic Priests / Osinbajo, Ortom, Amaechi & Onyeama At Funeral Of Catholic Priests In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Okwyjesus(m): 12:42am On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:
Vatican needs to start allowing priests, who wish to, to get married.

The Church does not need these kind of scandals.

Very sensible of you
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Penguin2: 1:22am On Aug 08, 2021
angelfallz:
Lol that is not the solution. Pentecostal churches that allow their pastors to marry are they not raping young girls? Are they not sleeping with some men's wives? Are they not cheating on their own wives?

The priests that forsake their vows of chastity should be kicked out of the Catholic priesthood. Maybe the Vatican can introduce lessons for priests on self control if they haven't already.

Rev. Sisters that forsake their vows should be kicked out of the sisterhood.

In the end, priests are human beings like you and I. They're prone to the same weaknesses of the flesh.

The Vatican can’t sack a priest.

It’s not Oyedepo that sacks ‘unfruitful’ pastors.

A priest is a priest forever.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Imustnottalk: 4:16am On Aug 08, 2021
Wahala...who should we blame now the Catholic priest or nuns?
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by mamdanju: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2021
You can not cheat nature. Islam does not approve celibacy. Celibacy is a lie. You can not cheat nature. This is a needless scandal. Our sheikhs can marry upto 4 wives if they can maintain and do justice to them. Many so called monogamist have mistresses or visit prostitutes.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by famouscargo4u: 7:59am On Aug 08, 2021
Emperormartin:
Consentual sex that happens is what you all are shouting

Done by people who swore oath of chastity and live a "holier-than-thou" life?
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by AliyuMahdi9: 8:07am On Aug 08, 2021
Learn to read and Comprehend.

The news Says Priests, but you are claiming it's a Single Priest.

MyopicMods:
Outrage as Catholic Priest Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Tomilola360: 8:41am On Aug 08, 2021
grin grin grin

Touch not my anointed.

Let's turn a blind eye please

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by MufasaLion: 9:04am On Aug 08, 2021
Emperormartin:
Consentual sex that happens is what you all are shouting

It's against their doctrine.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by MufasaLion: 9:05am On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:

But can be punished.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Penguin2: 9:30am On Aug 08, 2021
MufasaLion:

But can be punished.

Most definitely.

But such punishment is usually from the local ordinary (Bishop) and not the Vatican.

That’s why you don’t see Rome intervening in Mbaka’s case. His actions, right or wrong, are left to his Bishop to gauge and decide his punishment when necessary.

The Catholic Church is a church of law and order, not some one man business like Winners Chapel.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by MufasaLion: 9:33am On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:

Most definitely.

But such punishment is usually from the local ordinary (Bishop) and not the Vatican.

That’s why you don’t see Rome intervening in Mbaka’s case. His actions, right or wrong, are left to his Bishop to gauge and decide his punishment when necessary.

The Catholic Church is a church of law and order, not some one man business like Winners Chapel.

I dig. That's very good.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by 1saed: 9:36am On Aug 08, 2021
Na there way.......
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by DavidEsq(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2021
Gadafii:
Rod of Moses cheesy
Fuuuuuuu grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by LoveFayfay(f): 10:16am On Aug 08, 2021
grin This one sweet me.....
Nobody is perfect doesn't mean you abuse your personality and integrity shamelessly.

I wonder how he faces the congregation in a mass
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Prime1(m): 10:33am On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:
Vatican needs to start allowing priests, who wish to, to get married.

The Church does not need these kind of scandals.
Bro... Not only priest... Some people (nun) also want to Bleep and have a child
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by angelfallz(m): 11:49am On Aug 08, 2021
Bros you're obviously not a Catholic or maybe you're a Catholic but don't know how the Catholic church operates.

The Catholic church can remove priest.

Penguin2:

It’s not Oyedepo that sacks ‘unfruitful’ pastors.

Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Yves4real(f): 12:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
Some of the comments here about Catholic priests and their oaths of chastity are making me laugh.
Look, some single mothers out there were impregnated by these holy grin people.
Seminarians? Please, let's not go there.
A family friend who was in seminary for many years wanted to play smart. He impregnated the daughter of one of the big wigs in a parish & asked the lady to keep it secret. It didn't work because the child was born a spitting image of oga seminarian. Long story short, they have 3 children together now.
When another friend who is now ordained called me 7 years ago via Skype (video), I shook my head for what lies ahead. grin grin
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Penguin2: 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2021
angelfallz:
Bros you're obviously not a Catholic or maybe you're a Catholic but don't know how the Catholic church operates.

The Catholic church can remove priest.

Oya you that is a Catholic, tell me how a Catholic can be removed.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Penguin2: 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2021
Prime1:

Bro... Not only priest... Some people (nun) also want to Bleep and have a child

Everyone seems to be damn tired of the doctrine of chastity. Lol
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by damosky12(m): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
obonujoker:
Lol...

That's why St Paul wrote it's better to get married, than do this rubbish... But trust holier than thou thinking grin

Sincerely, Sir.

1 Corinthians 7:9 AMP
"But if they have not self-control (restraint of their passions), they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame [with passion and tortured continually with ungratified desire]."

They have exalted their traditions above God's Word:

Mark 7:13
[13]Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by angelfallz(m): 2:02pm On Aug 08, 2021
Usually there is a canonical trial (that is the Catholic church's version of a court trial) and if the priest is found guilty of serious misconduct eg child molestation, he maybe be laicized(defrocked or removed from the priesthood)

Penguin2:

Oya you that is a Catholic, tell me how a Catholic can be removed.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Penguin2: 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2021
angelfallz:
Usually there is a canonical trial (that is the Catholic church's version of a court trial) and if the priest is found guilty of serious misconduct eg child molestation, he maybe be laicized(defrocked or removed from the priesthood)

Since you were born, how many laicization have you seen or witnessed or heard about?
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by angelfallz(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
How is that relevant to our argument?

You said Catholic priests can't be removed, that they are priests forever. I replied that, that is not true, priests can be removed from the priesthood.
You asked for the steps, I gave them to you, at least to the best of my knowledge.

You're now asking something else entirely.

I have backed up my argument that priests can be removed from the priesthood.
Please, back up your own argument that priests can't be removed from the priesthood or just rest.

https://www.guampdn.com/news/local/apurons-canonical-trial-what-we-know-so-far/article_8f058463-9ab1-57d2-a830-b1e9f24ba6c8.html

Penguin2:

Since you were born, how many laicization have you seen or witnessed or heard about?
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Penguin2: 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
angelfallz:
How is that relevant to our argument?

You said Catholic priests can't be removed, that they are priests forever. I replied that, that is not true, priests can be removed from the priesthood.
You asked for the steps, I gave them to you, at least to the best of my knowledge.

You're now asking something else entirely.

I have backed up my argument that priests can be removed from the priesthood.
Please, back up your own argument that priests can't be removed from the priesthood or just rest.

https://www.guampdn.com/news/local/apurons-canonical-trial-what-we-know-so-far/article_8f058463-9ab1-57d2-a830-b1e9f24ba6c8.html

Lol!

“The lord has sworn an oath he will not change, you are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek” Psalm 110:4.

That’s the premise upon which Catholic priests are ordained.

What it means is that even when laicization does happen, the person is still a priest only that the faculties and office of priesthood has been removed from him.

Laicization is there in the Canon Law but is said to be a very difficult process which is why no Bishop is known to have invoked it in recent memory.

What is the need of a law that is never put in use? That was why I made my first submission that priests are not removed.
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by Broveens42(m): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2021
Penguin2:

Lol!

“The lord has sworn an oath he will not change, you are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek” Psalm 110:4.

That’s the premise upon which Catholic priests are ordained.

What it means is that even when laicization does happen, the person is still a priest only that the faculties and office of priesthood has been removed from him.

Laicization is there in the Canon Law but is said to be a very difficult process which is why no Bishop is known to have invoked it in recent memory.

What is the need of a law that is never put in use? That was why I made my first submission that priests are not removed.

I never see any priest wey Dem laicized... But make Dem just catch one inconsequential lay reader on top woman. Dey go suspend am ..lol

The government and religion are two sides of same coin grin
Re: Outrage As Catholic Priests Impregnates Thirty (30) Nuns (rev Sisters) by lalasticlala(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2021

(1) (2)

Zamfara CJ Sets Up Panel On Impeachment Allegations Against Mahadi Gusau / Assent To Electoral Bill: No Need For Sabre Rattling - State House Press Release / The Man Called Tinubu The JAGABAN Of Southwest Before 1999, Tinubu Had Nothing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.