Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,206 members, 7,860,341 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

How Nigeria's Economy Can Be Improved - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria's Economy Can Be Improved (310 Views)

Nigerian Economy Can Collapse If We Leave - Miyetti Allah / First Look: How Nigeria May Decide - ThisDay / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Nigeria's Economy Can Be Improved by kilisi(m): 7:48pm On Aug 07, 2021
I was reading some comments on a topic this evening where many were suggesting ways by which Nigeria can move forward. This is the thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6690194/shehu-shagaris-1983-election-campaign

Some suggested that being a resource dependent nation, we should should face the reality of our poverty and take measures to improve it by stop giving everyone a free gift (petrol subsidy, electricity subsidy etc).

Others suggested that an increment in tax or making sure more people are captured in tax payments will enable us service our loans, improve critical infrastructures such as roads, electricity etc.

Someone else suggested we should do away with maintaining huge unproductive civil service in the FG and 36 states.

However, for me I believe the number one stop that must be taken as a matter of urgency is ensuring that Nigeria has a database for all its citizens. This will go a long way in reducing crime, improving no of people captured in tax payments, ensure proper planning and son on.

What do you all think?

I believe Nigeria should operate a regional system of government but we must first of all address some of the fundamental problems we have now so that we don't these same problems in the different regions later on
Re: How Nigeria's Economy Can Be Improved by Ovamboland(m): 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2021
A reliable database is critical to the achievement of expanded tax net, proper application of subsidies and economic planning.

(1) (Reply)

Deepening Democracy Through The Practice Of Tupocracy By Amanim Akpabio Phd / Osinbajo Relates Nigeria Problems With The Bible / Nigeria Doctors Rush Out For Saudi Arabia Job Recruitment In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.