Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu (6923 Views)

Ex Kaduna Governor, Makarfi, Loses His Senate Seat To His Former Commissioner / PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu / Wahab Dosunmu Endorses Buhari! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by Nobody: 10:33am On May 17, 2011
Not unexpectedly, names of former and outgoing governors have dominated lists of ministerial nominees sent by the state chapters of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the national secretariat, THISDAY checks have revealed.

This follows the directive of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the PDP which last week wrote to its 36 state chapters and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to each submit three names to be considered as ministers and seven others for special advisers and other federal appointments in the in-coming government.

Apart from the former and outgoing governors, checks revealed that the list is also populated by state party executives, candidates who lost in their bids to secure people’s mandates during the April elections as well as top party supporters.

On the list of Kaduna State obtained by THISDAY, former governor Ahmed Makarfi leads eight other politicians whose names have been submitted to Abuja. They are Suleiman Uthman Hunkuyi, state party chairman Ya'u Usman, Abdulkadir Jibrin, Hajiya Mairo Habibi, former Deputy Governor of Kaduna State James Bawa Magaji, Mr. Hassan Hyat, Mrs. Charity Shekari and Hamisu Abubakar Mairago.

As at the time of filing this report, the name of the 10th person was being debated, but THISDAY learnt that either Senator Isaiah Balat or Architect Nuhu Wya, the current Minister of State for Power, would have his name forwarded.

In Oyo State, though the full list could not be ascertained at the time of going to press, the names of outgoing governor Adebayo Alao-Akala and his deputy Taofeeq Arapaja have both made the list. They are joined by Jumoke Akinjide and Senator Kamoru Adedibu.

For Zamfara State, outgoing Governor Mahmud Aliyu Shinkafi who also lost in his re-election bid, leads other party stalwarts such as former Sokoto Governor Malam Yahaya Abdulkarim, state PDP secretary Musa Zubairu, Barrister Adamu Umar and Ambassador MZ Anka in the list.

Others are Senator Hassan Muhammed Gusau who lost in his bid to return to the senate, outgoing SSG Muhammad Bawa Gusau, chairman of Bakura local government council Malami Dambo, state commissioner of Works Ibrahim Ajiya Shinkafi and state commissioner of Education Ibrahim Danmaliki.

In Lagos State, the defeated PDP governorship candidate, Dr. Shamsudeen Ade Dosunmu, tops the list believed to have been drawn up by Chief Bode George.

Others on the list are Bode Oladele, a former aide to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, and senatorial candidates in the last elections W. Abainwonda (Lagos East), Tolagbe Animashaun (Lagos Central) and Moshood Salvado (Lagos West).

The state party chairman, Kosedo Setonji, secretary O Shelly and former Lagos State commissioner, Dr. Segun Ogundimu also made the list, in addition to Owolabi Salis, a former governorship aspirant.

The name of Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Ghana, is conspicuously missing from the list.

However, some of the nominees may be in for a shocker as President Goodluck Jonathan is said to have indicated that he would want seasoned technocrats to hold key positions in his next cabinet.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ministers-states-nominate-akala-makarfi-dosunmu/91516/
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by Nobody: 10:34am On May 17, 2011
Akaala of all people, if Jonathan name Akala as a Cabinet Member/Minister that is an indication that thier is no hope for Nigeria as a Nation again, infact i wil go on Exile
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by friedrice1: 10:58am On May 17, 2011
^^^ My dear, pack your bags, goods and services, your trip may be sooner than you think.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by baslone: 10:59am On May 17, 2011
Not only Akala! Just take a look at those names!

Nigeria is going to be run by LOSERS!!!  
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by Dotman01(m): 12:08pm On May 17, 2011
barnabasj:

Akaala of all people, if Jonathan name Akala as a Cabinet Member/Minister that is an indication that thier is no hope for Nigeria as a Nation again, infact i wil go on Exile
. . . oh boi nigeria is in trouble
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by JudgeDredd: 12:47pm On May 17, 2011
I'm starting to think the only thing presently wrong with Nigeria is PDP and all it stands for. Akala is detested amongst his own and yet makes ministerial nomination list, here's someone who gives the term corruption a whole new meaning + that guy is hideous looking! lipsrsealed
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by joecrack(m): 1:05pm On May 17, 2011
Akala again!there is just nothing kool or even decent about this guy,i mean from his name to his looks,the guy looks like an agbero or omoita.obviously these are speculations,and like someone hinted me earlier on,NL-the internet beer parlour.lets all comment,taking it not so serious.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by adino(m): 1:42pm On May 17, 2011
@joecrack
You sure made my day. "NAIRALAND THE INTERNET BEER PARLOUR"
Nairaland is the most unserious platform a politician will ever dream of using to actualise his political goal. Instead of Dapo Lam to go and campaign in Oyo state he started flooding Nairaland with post and Grammar,he lost woefully to even a PDP guy and I pray he has learn his lessons the hard way (Nairaland way). He never knew 98% of posters here are irrelevant in the scheme of things, useless internet warriors all over the place derailing sensible threads.
in fact I laugh in Beer Parlour. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by mbulela: 3:07pm On May 17, 2011
Fresh Air!!!!!
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 17, 2011
oh na na, ohhhh na na na na!

It's going to the dogs!
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by gists: 3:42pm On May 17, 2011
I'm kind of surprised that you guys are shocked by the list of nominees. I mean what do you expect? In my opinion names are still missing like Iyabo Obasanjo, Peter Odili, Bode George, Ibori, Ohakim etc. Don't be disappointed people, this is what you voted for so take it in good fate
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by OAM4J: 3:49pm On May 17, 2011
These are only nominations from the states, we shouldn't expect anything better. Lets wait for Jonathan to make its final selection then we'll know where he is heading.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 17, 2011
Akala is the Minister of Police Affairs

Police will increases Eguujee from #20 to #500. Wahalaaaa waaa
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by whilly: 4:41pm On May 17, 2011
Please i need the website of 2011 GCE reg
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by BigB11(m): 4:24am On May 18, 2011
As much as you people hate to hear the truth I will not stop embracing the it.

It continues to be more visible to me day after day that most folks on Nairaland are foreigners that think they know 1 or 2 things about real politics in Nigeria, but really have no clue.
You haven't seen anything yet, just wait for a few more months

Nothing against Jonathan, but he simply can not break down this invisible wall. Therefore do not be surprised if Akala and many others are being selected.
Fact: Our president has no balls to deny the names on the list that was given to him.

IBB still remains the best entity for the presidential position in Nigeria during this very critical time, but many can not see this far.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by omo9ja1(m): 8:58am On May 18, 2011
what would you expect from DPD I dey laugh o0o0o0o0
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by queensmith: 9:07am On May 18, 2011
in all honesty i think they should get rid of these people- we dont need over 30 ministers. it doesnt make any sense. let states deal with thier own health, education, power and development and there can be a federal body overseeing all with constant input from the lower house of reps.

These job titles are draining funds and creating more disdain for political representatives. Its also creating avenues for corruption and leading to tyranny- since every body wants to be a politician to swallow money?? undecided undecided

I see jonathan isnt going to change anything. Well done OBJ you have outdone Gaddafi.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by anishe(m): 9:19am On May 18, 2011
If Jonathan truly wanted to transform this country from its abysmal doldrum, he shoud as a matter of urgency do away with the list of all PDP touts being touted for ministerial appointments. The likes of Akala, Dosunmu, Bode Tewonde George, Ohakim etc should be distanced from the incoming administration.
I have said my own o, GEJ pls listen. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by Bawss1(m): 9:21am On May 18, 2011
queensmith:

[b]I see jonathan isnt going to change anything. Well done OBJ you have outdone Gaddaf[/b]i.

I knew that fresh air talk we heard during the elections was just hot air.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by DaCreativa: 9:32am On May 18, 2011
barnabasj:

Not unexpectedly, names of former and outgoing governors have dominated lists of ministerial nominees sent by the state chapters of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the national secretariat, THISDAY checks have revealed.

This follows the directive of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the PDP which last week wrote to its 36 state chapters and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to each submit three names to be considered as ministers and seven others for special advisers and other federal appointments in the in-coming government.

Apart from the former and outgoing governors, checks revealed that the list is also populated by state party executives, candidates who lost in their bids to secure people’s mandates during the April elections as well as top party supporters.

On the list of Kaduna State obtained by THISDAY, former governor Ahmed Makarfi leads eight other politicians whose names have been submitted to Abuja. They are Suleiman Uthman Hunkuyi, state party chairman Ya'u Usman, Abdulkadir Jibrin, Hajiya Mairo Habibi, former Deputy Governor of Kaduna State James Bawa Magaji, Mr. Hassan Hyat, Mrs. Charity Shekari and Hamisu Abubakar Mairago.

As at the time of filing this report, the name of the 10th person was being debated, but THISDAY learnt that either Senator Isaiah Balat or Architect Nuhu Wya, the current Minister of State for Power, would have his name forwarded.

In Oyo State, though the full list could not be ascertained at the time of going to press, the names of outgoing governor Adebayo Alao-Akala and his deputy Taofeeq Arapaja have both made the list. They are joined by Jumoke Akinjide and Senator Kamoru Adedibu.

For Zamfara State, outgoing Governor Mahmud Aliyu Shinkafi who also lost in his re-election bid, leads other party stalwarts such as former Sokoto Governor Malam Yahaya Abdulkarim, state PDP secretary Musa Zubairu, Barrister Adamu Umar and Ambassador MZ Anka in the list.

Others are Senator Hassan Muhammed Gusau who lost in his bid to return to the senate, outgoing SSG Muhammad Bawa Gusau, chairman of Bakura local government council Malami Dambo, state commissioner of Works Ibrahim Ajiya Shinkafi and state commissioner of Education Ibrahim Danmaliki.

In Lagos State, the defeated PDP governorship candidate, Dr. Shamsudeen Ade Dosunmu, tops the list believed to have been drawn up by Chief Bode George.

Others on the list are Bode Oladele, a former aide to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, and senatorial candidates in the last elections W. Abainwonda (Lagos East), Tolagbe Animashaun (Lagos Central) and Moshood Salvado (Lagos West).

The state party chairman, Kosedo Setonji, secretary O Shelly and former Lagos State commissioner, Dr. Segun Ogundimu also made the list, in addition to Owolabi Salis, a former governorship aspirant.

The name of Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Ghana, is conspicuously missing from the list.

However, some of the nominees may be in for a shocker as President Goodluck Jonathan is said to have indicated that he would want seasoned technocrats to hold key positions in his next cabinet.
Do you people should read well before posting rubbish  

The president may end up rejecting all the names if they are not technocrats. So please those of you calling the president names, please read the emboldened last paragraph.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by richidinho(m): 9:40am On May 18, 2011
are you good in Guessing?

no body is perfect, even fashola
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by ideylaff: 9:48am On May 18, 2011
oh na na, ohhhh na na na na!

It's going to the dogs! Posted by: Ileke-IdI

Whats ya name, Ileke Idi whats ya name, aaaaaaaaammeeeeeeeeee,

u made me smile ds morning, ooohh nana nanna
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by LoveKing(m): 10:12am On May 18, 2011
This government needs overhauling. We dont need these ministers or bogus political offices appointed because of regional agitations, party and Godfathers just to siphon money.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by bisiaet: 10:25am On May 18, 2011
Please provide source and proof. Please has Jonathan ever open his mouth or drop any list anywhere choosing these people in question

If poster of this thread is the president can he nominate a person of Akala of all people for a ministeria appointment pls let us be sensible and sensitive.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by Sagamite(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2011
barnabasj:

What is your problem? Why are you beefing Fineboy Akala?

You are a racist! It is because of the colour of his skin.

Akala should be our next Minister for Education.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by kshow1(m): 10:41am On May 18, 2011
If all these losers and under-achievers while in office are giving political positions again, then its means NIGERIA as a nation has finally failed.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by kulutempa: 10:42am On May 18, 2011
Sagamite:

What is your problem? Why are you beefing Fineboy Akala?

You are a racist! It is because of the colour of his skin.

Yes o.   Ah ah, is it because he is yellow fefa?  Is it because of his bleasin?   Go and sleep you boys, there is too much unrest on this Nairaland.  grin
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by ufumes(m): 10:48am On May 18, 2011
Who is to be blamed? its a party thing.
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by Vickivicki(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2011
To the N,to the A,to the I,to the J and the A,

THIS IS NAIJA.

Esi ma riran wo.

Wait for the GEJ SHOCKER CAPSULE

Country of Origin: NIGERIA

MANUFACTURE DATE: MAY 29,2011.

EXPIRY DATE: MAY 28,2019.

Did i hear you say 2011 Nigeria's year of Good luck

LOL!
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by apoti(m): 10:57am On May 18, 2011
Now we can see that people voted for GEJ and not PDP indeed!
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by shevalync: 11:03am On May 18, 2011
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
after all he is a DR. very soon hes gonna become a professor lol!
Re: Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu by sley4life(m): 11:05am On May 18, 2011
So akala wil b a minister

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Describe Rochas Okoracha's Administration In 2 Words / Nigeria 14th Least Peaceful Country / Apc Politician Caught On Tape Performing Rituals.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.