Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,407 members, 7,850,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:34 PM

IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown (1165 Views)

Court Overrules Tinubu And APC, Consolidates Atiku And Obi’s Petitions / Controversy Lingers As Appeal Court Overrules Malami On Electoral Act / Chima Igwe Scandal: Onu Overrules Board, ICPC, Orders FIIRO Boss' Reinstatement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by JEWELofHELL: 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ghost Town: All markets, schools, motor parks, airports, and public places in Biafra land should shut down--IPOB

IPOB TOTAL LOCK DOWN OF BIAFRALAND is loading. Tomorrow the 9th of August 2021, we continue with measures for the unconditional release of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
The DOS has not suspended the 9th August Ghost Town in Biafraland.

The Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB) has insisted its Monday’s sit-at-home order across the entire Southeast was sacrosanct.

It’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, in a statement on Sunday, reiterated the lock down which takes effect from Monday, August 9, 2021 would continue until its leader, Nnamdi Kanu was freed.

It said it was constrained to employ the measure despite its economic implications, insisting it could not hesitate to pay any necessary sacrifice to convince the world its leader was not alone in the struggle.

The statement reads: “We the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra IPOB led by Mazi Nnamdi Kanu wish to remind all Biafrans and friends of Biafran that the Mondays sit-at-home order is sacrosanct.

“The entire Biafra land will be locked down every Monday from 6:00am to 6:00pm beginning from tomorrow, August 9, 2021until our leader, Nnamdi Kanu who was abducted in Kenya and brought back to Nigeria and locked up in DSS dungeon in clear violation of international laws is freed.

“Consequently, there will be no movement throughout Biafra land on Mondays until our leader who is suffering for our freedom is released. This protest is peaceful but firm. Everybody is advised to stay indoors in total compliance.

“All markets, schools, motor parks, airports, and public places in Biafra land should shut down from morning to evening every Monday.

”We understand the economic implications of this measure but we are constrained to take it so that the world will know that our Leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is not alone in the struggle for Biafra autonomy.

“We want his immediate release and our total freedom, and cannot hesitate to pay any sacrifice needed to achieve this including locking down the entire Biafra land on Mondays.

“All residents and visitors in Biafra land are advised to comply with the order. Nobody should go out to avoid any clash or intimidation by the wicked Nigeria security agents.”

1 Like

Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by Hangmnk: 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
grin
Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by kettykin: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2021
This people need to go and rest and go back to their drawing board. I know they think they have igbo interest at heart but bleeding the igbo economy will be counter productive. I know fully well they have educated people in their intelligentsia but they need to balance out implications of a fully shut economy on the poor and vulnerable people who live on less than $1 a day less they make more enemies than friends .

By the way igbos should have sent independent contestants to Olympic funded by ipob rather than waste talents under the inept Nigerian contingent to Olympics. East African countries like Kenya 4 golds, Uganda 2 golds and Ethiopia 1 gold are no better race than igbos .
Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by Tony3245(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
Confusionist
Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by Sergio101(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2021
For those of you saying ipob is crippling economy in the south east. Let's table out fact.
1.. When Nigeria was on it quest for independence, the first nation wide strike was held by the then NCNC, and this strike amazed the Britain on how the mass complice to it. So for every freedom, you must give in part of your true self. IPOB could not hold strike because the Nigerian government sees them as an antagonist but not just as a freedom fighters. So I believe .......locking down of their own territory is still the best approach.
2. Since the government of the day ain't perturbed in hearing the views of the IPOB, how else do you think the ipob can exercise thier right??, since they already have been out lawed

2 Likes

Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by kettykin: 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
All your sit at home cannot be effective as sponsoring a biafran to go and win an Olympic medal as a biafran representative you people need to think our of the box

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by udele1: 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
grin cheesy The police and Army are ready for them.
Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by udele1: 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2021
Sergio101:
For those of you saying ipob is crippling economy in the south east. Let's table out fact.
1.. When Nigeria was on it quest for independence, the first nation wide strike was held by the then NCNC, and this strike amazed the Britain on how the mass complice to it. So for every freedom, you must give in part of your true self. IPOB could not hold strike because the Nigerian government sees them as an antagonist but not just as a freedom fighters. So I believe .......locking down of their own territory is still the best approach.
2. Since the government of the day ain't perturbed in hearing the views of the IPOB, how else do you think the ipob can exercise thier right??, since they already have been out lawed

IPOB is fraudulent business setup by Nnamdi kanu for financial gains. An organisation can't get autonomy for a local government, talk more of independence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by esnbrutality: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2021

@mekaboy.....i am back!!!!!! and its instructive to let you know that your foolishness is becoming stale and very stupid. angry angry angry angry angry

You are becoming brain-dead and that is why its becoming so bad for you that .."opening foolish threads" doesn't work again for you.. angry angry angry

Your head go soon "BLOW" just like your Fulani useless brothers that ESN killed like fowls Yesterday....

You must go and meet your brother in his HELL....spits!!

udele1:

IPOB is fraudulent business setup by Nnamdi kanu for financial gains. An organisation can't get autonomy for a local government, talk more of independence.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by modsfucker: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
kettykin:
This people need to go and rest and go back to their drawing board. I know they think they have igbo interest at heart but bleeding the igbo economy will be counter productive. I know fully well they have educated people in their intelligentsia but they need to balance out implications of a fully shut economy on the poor and vulnerable people who live on less than $1 a day less they make more enemies than friends .

By the way igbos should have sent independent contestants to Olympic funded by ipob rather than waste talents under the inept Nigerian contingent to Olympics. East African countries like Kenya 4 golds, Uganda 2 golds and Ethiopia 1 gold are no better race than igbos .

We saw an Igbo dominated Basketball team beaten black and blue in all their competitions, what more do you want?
Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
Lol

Money machine battling who will control the cash.
Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by Notasyouthink: 8:30pm On Aug 08, 2021
udele1:
In their houses??
Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by Notasyouthink: 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
udele1:

Leave it for us we love them that way.

Stop making unnecessary noise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by Danjikanbauchi: 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2021
kettykin:

what baffles me is how you suddenly developed live for Igbos or IPOB undecided
Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by kettykin: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
what baffles me is how you suddenly developed live for Igbos or IPOB undecided
I am bona-fide igbo and I will sacrifice anything for the igbo race. I am not ipob or esn but if their activities is the will of God, then so be it

1 Like

Re: IPOB DOS Overrules Nnamdi Kanu's Brother, Insists On Shutdown by Emergingnation(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
udele1:
Says hunchback Aboki !

Some Army that refused to tackle your fulani jihadist goons while carrying out their Carnage

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Invasion Of Kanu's Home Sit At Home In Remembrances.updates Here.pictures / Why Can’t Yoruba Present Akinwumi Adesina As A Presidential Candidate / Yul Edochie, Rita Edochie, Imo, Gozie Okeke, Chinedu Storm Prophet Thanksgiving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.