Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,409 members, 7,861,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) (3533 Views)

"My Husband Buys Chicken From Fastfood, Eats Alone, Hides Payment Receipts" / Nigerian Man Asked To Leave UK After His Cheating Wife Files For Divorce / Wife Files For Divorce Over Husband's Big Manhood In Zamfara (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by Nisiw365: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
ImaIma1:

So if she makes money on her own, she can spend it without owing him an explanation too.

Supposing the husband is out of work and the wife is making the money, can she spend her money as she likes? She can buy a car for her father when she knows her family needs one?

Some of you men are used to using money as the tool of authority in the home. When the tables turn, I hope the woman won't be blamed for doing the same. By then, the word "submission" will becone popular.
If she makes her own money, she can spend it how she likes

If the husband is out of work, she can lend a helping hand which doesn't stop her from buying car for her dad because its her money

And submission has nothing to do with how you spend your own money

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by BRATISLAVA: 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
Hathor5:

Are you married?

Were your parents not each other's family?

I don't know how you run your family but I am my husband's family and he is mine. Chances are very high it will be me taking care of him in old age rather than his mom. undecided

As for your first question, a man should consult his wife and vice versa because they are one, a team, a unit, and surprise .... a family. You can split everything in your marriage, we run a joint account, own properties together, plan for our kids' future together, retirement etc. If I wanted to do all of this alone, I would have remained single.

Please, don't bother joining words with that misogynist. All you'll get back are his crammed lines from the red pill.

Probably a bitter incel. Or a brhoe

The number of bitter, broke, young single men on the forum is becoming a nuisance.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by elonmuskbaby: 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2021
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
bukatyne:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The woman no kuku know the Bible so she is easy to brainwash.
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by ImaIma1(f): 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2021
Nisiw365:

If she makes her own money, she can spend it how she likes

If the husband is out of work, she can lend a helping hand which doesn't stop her from buying car for her dad because its her money

And submission has nothing to do with how you spend your own money

There's a difference between being single and married. Why should they bother to get married? They cannot be married while their finances remain single.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by Nisiw365: 2:57pm On Aug 09, 2021
ImaIma1:

There's a difference between being single and married. Why should they bother to get married? They cannot be married while their finances remain single.
What's the definition of marriage again

Does it entails doing fbi job on how to spend ones money?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by ImaIma1(f): 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
Nisiw365:

What's the definition of marriage again

Does it entails doing fbi job on how to spend ones money?

Fortunately, it's not my job to teach you about marriage. When the time comes, you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by Nisiw365: 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2021
ImaIma1:

Fortunately, it's not my job to teach you about marriage. When the time comes, you will understand better.
The man's job is to take care of wife and children, not accounting of how he spends his money
Know this and know peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by crackhaus: 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2021
descarado:

I will disagree with you here totally.
That man took that decision alone. Its more than buying a car. Its more like its my money and I will do as I deem fit with it. Why not wait till she put to bed. That's a woman running on high hormone here and this man is acting like a goat. If he is smart, buy 2 cars for them. Get one for wifey when she delivers and one when mum visit for omugwo.

That's a manipulative mother you have there.
Situations like this will make the wife to become manipulative in the future too if she chose to stay and the circle continues.

When husbands don't perform their duties, this is what you get. U guys should wake up na.
This got nothing with feminism and all the sm.
Husband na goat, agreed.
MIL is manipulative, agreed.

But what name do you have for the wife who got so angry and divorced her husband over car?

Let me guess, her own is not her fault... It's just the hormones. LoL!
Make una rest with una subjectively self-centred reaction to issues like this because y'all are commenting from the position of a wife and NOT someone's MIL.

Like I responded to Buka earlier, it's obvious that the MIL & DIL are not on good terms for one not to care about the others' wellbeing, while one ends a marriage over something that made the other happy...
Both of them are a perfect fit for each other.

Granted, the man shouldn't have fueled whatever was already brewing between the two women in his life — that's his fault. Better not to buy a car for either of them if buying for one will make the other angry.

Other than that, all we see here are just two women being what they are and nothing more... Women!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by ImaIma1(f): 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
Nisiw365:

The man's job is to take care of wife and children, not accounting of how he spends his money
Know this and know peace

It's not something a single or someone in a faulty marriage can understand. For now, concentrate on things you have good knowledge about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by crackhaus: 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
bukatyne:

The fault started from the husband. He has 90% of the fault in this scenario.

If the MIL considered herself a mother to the DIL, she would not accept the gift.

I blame the DIL for marrying such a man out of all the 3.5 billion men in the world.

@Summary: True. I know someone who had two terrible marriages (MIL issues) and is a very terrible MIL today. To think they claim to be Christians beats me. I am sooooooooooooo disappointed in them (mother & son).
If the DIL considered herself a daughter to the MIL, she would not get so angry enough to get a divorce.

Assuming it was her own mother the car was bought for regardless of her condition, would she have had the same exaggerated reactions?

It's agreed that the fault started from the man, but don't shoulder him with 90% of it — There were three people involved, and none of them are kids.

Divide 100% by 3 and assign each their due...

6 Likes

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by Nisiw365: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2021
ImaIma1:

It's not something a single or someone in a faulty marriage can understand. For now, concentrate on things you have good knowledge about.
Continue deceiving yourself

No one can even open his/her mouth to ask me how I spend my own money if not the person would receive a dirty slap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by ImaIma1(f): 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
Nisiw365:

Continue deceiving yourself

No one can even open his/her mouth to ask me how I spend my own money if not the person would receive a dirty slap

Thumbs up on your slapping solution.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by Nisiw365: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2021
ImaIma1:

Thumbs up on your slapping solution.
Thank you for that . God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by Hathor5(f): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2021
Regex:

OK. If the needs of the family is being met, there's no need consulting the other partner before investing one's money.

Do it how you and your wife like it. That's not how we roll.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by Hathor5(f): 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Please, don't bother joining words with that misogynist. All you'll get back are his crammed lines from the red pill.

Probably a bitter incel. Or a brhoe

The number of bitter, broke, young single men on the forum is becoming a nuisance.

I have never come across his moniker. But thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by kaboninc(m): 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
LutanFyah:
Why should a man consult some wife before buying a gift for his mother?

The wife is never family, she can go anytime she wants (especially when the man is broke and sick) but a mother will stick with her children no matter what.

Na wa ooo
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by kaboninc(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2021
bukatyne:

If the MIL considered herself a mother to the DIL, she would not accept the gift.

I blame the DIL for marrying such a man out of all the 3.5 billion men in the world.

@Summary: True. I know someone who had two terrible marriages (MIL issues) and is a very terrible MIL today. To think they claim to be Christians beats me. I am sooooooooooooo disappointed in them (mother & son).

Lol
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by kaboninc(m): 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2021
Victoria938:
I get irritated by women who present such absurd attitude. You'll be a mother in-law tomorrow and you want to destroy the bond your husband has with his mum.
Even if your mother in-law is a witch, don't you dare come in between her and her son.
Some women ehhh, really need brain reset surgery.

A wife can be replaced, but a mother can't be replaced.let her go very fast,they are ladies out there waiting for that opportunity.

And na woman talk this one o
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by sisisioge: 5:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
Hathor5:

I see men/boys write on NL how they can never disclose to their wives how much they make. I always wonder what kind of people have this kind of a marriage. If you can't trust your wife with everything, why get married to her? undecided

That was how a friend's husband died and she had no idea of anything he might have had....not money in bank, not assets anywhere, not even the name of the carpenter that he took their sitting room chairs to for refurbishment. He died with all his secrets as even his wallet went missing at the accident site and there were no documents to give pointers. No one wishes for death o but if you cant show your unclothedness to your spouse then it's a serious wahala.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by descarado: 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2021
crackhaus:

Husband na goat, agreed.
MIL is manipulative, agreed.

But what name do you have for the wife who got so angry and divorced her husband over car?

Let me guess, her own is not her fault... It's just the hormones. LoL!
Make una rest with una subjectively self-centred reaction to issues like this because y'all are commenting from the position of a wife and NOT someone's MIL.

Like I responded to Buka earlier, it's obvious that the MIL & DIL are not on good terms for one not to care about the others' wellbeing, while one ends a marriage over something that made the other happy...
Both of them are a perfect fit for each other.

Granted, the man shouldn't have fueled whatever was already brewing between the two women in his life — that's his fault. Better not to buy a car for either of them if buying for one will make the other angry.

Other than that, all we see here are just two women being what they are and nothing more... Women!
Crackhaus, there is time for everything you know.
Even if it's not hormone, it's the culprit.
That man's calculation is very bad.
Of course wifey asking for divorce is another thing entirely but like I said, lots have been happening for her to come to this stage.
I am very objective when I make my posts and you know it. Guy na idiot. He is not a wise man.
I wouldn't want to have his mum as a MIL too.
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by descarado: 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
Nisiw365:

Know this and know peace
Who told you it's the man's job to take care of his wife and children?
Your ancestors?
Go home and check your traditions.
Meet the eldest mam in your town and ask questions. Traditions and culture has been distorted so much by religious and woke people that we don't know who to believe anymore.
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by descarado: 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2021
bukatyne:

If you haven't met this type of MIL, I pray you don't meet such.
What wives see eeh, if not for societal and religious discrimination, some won't last 2 yrs in marriage.
And our fathers always exonerate themselves when they are the architect of this circle of problems.
I haven't seen a woman dearly loved by her husband that has time to fight with her daughter inlaw over her son. Never.
She don't even have time.
When she come for omugwo, she will stay just small and go back to her husband cos she miss him dearly. Papa emeka will not even allow emeka to rest.
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by crackhaus: 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
descarado:

Crackhaus, there is time for everything you know.
Even if it's not hormone, it's the culprit.
That man's calculation is very bad.
Of course wifey asking for divorce is another thing entirely but like I said, lots have been happening for her to come to this stage.
I am very objective when I make my posts and you know it. Guy na idiot. He is not a wise man.
I wouldn't want to have his mum as a MIL too.
Las las, all of them are lacking common sense, wifey included.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by crackhaus: 5:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
descarado:

What wives see eeh, if not for societal and religious discrimination, some won't last 2 yrs in marriage.
And our fathers always exonerate themselves when they are the architect of this circle of problems.
I haven't seen a woman dearly loved by her husband that has time to fight with her daughter inlaw over her son. Never.
When she come for omugwo, she will stay just small and go back to her husband cos she miss him dearly. Papa emeka will not even allow emeka to rest.
Don't you people feel somehow when you keep blaming the male species for all the problems bedeviling women? cheesy

You've moved away from the man, it's now the father of the man who turned his wife into a MIL that gives her DIL problems.
All this with a straight face? grin

5 Likes

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by MufasaLion: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2021
Hathor5:
There is something fundamentally wrong with their marriage and many Nigerian marriages for that matter. It always baffles me how a husband or wife will not consult with their significant other before doing a major investment[b]. If you do not run your family budget together, you aren't one and probably never will be. [/b]

You're right!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by MufasaLion: 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2021
The wife should go! Leaving because of a car grin
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by ImaIma1(f): 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2021
descarado:

This MIL relationship is both sides. One can be trying to get close while the other is resisting.

I removed myself from trying to be daughter to my MIL when she and some of her kids turned against me the last time their husband refused to send money for something he didn't agree with.

I got voice notes with insults, calling me names, saying I had put my husband in my p...y. I didn't respond to one. I just saved them. Her plan later blew up in her face and her kids turned against her. No one apologized and I just maintained my distance since then.

Some people choose to always blame DILs always, as if MILs are automatic saints. Experience teach us.
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by Nisiw365: 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2021
descarado:

Who told you it's the man's job to take care of his wife and children?
Your ancestors?
Go home and check your traditions.
Meet the eldest mam in your town and ask questions. Traditions and culture has been distorted so much by religious and woke people that we don't know who to believe anymore.
Nothing like eldest man in my city here OK.
Traditions and culture are man made and can be right or wrong
PS: continue being sacarstic okay bighead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by GIdiata(m): 1:52am On Aug 10, 2021
ImaIma1:

Exactly o. You can't be married and still manage your finances as if you are single. The wife should have been in the know about the purchase.

But if the man did it without telling her, it's because he knows he's not totally right and he didn't want his wife to object.

Many men do not understand that when they get married, their wife and family become their first responsibility even before anyone else.

My husband told me how his father protected his mum from his family and put her first. His dad bought things in her name. So when we got married, my husband told his mum that she should not expect him to be any different. That he learnt from his dad. So he does the same.

You can't enjoy that kind of privilege from your husband and expect your son to do the same to you and neglect his wife. Marriage is not just a physical thing, it's the unifying of two souls.

I don't pray to be a mum that depends on her son, thereby causing trouble between my son and his wife. My mother never did it. I pray never do it too.

I know that's why you love him.
buying things in a woman's name in this 21st century. hmm! SMH I pray/hope he doesn't regret this.

Anyway, hope he and the family are your first responsibilities too? and you are not managing your finances like a Spinster also?

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by yommen: 6:43am On Aug 10, 2021
Lucrativress:
Pregnant Wife files for Divorce after her Husband buys his Mother a Car.She said "I can't be carrying your Baby and walking with my legs while your Mom drives a Car"
What's your opinion?

For me o,in this scenario the Husband was quite wrong, especially if they live in Lagos and her Job entails her going out frequently.
Just the bad roads, waiting under Sun to get a Bus, rushing to enter one,swears from the Conductor can cause miscarriage fear's.
So if you have the means for Uber or to get her a Car,why not?
If it is to give the Car to an Uber man to drive and say "drive my Wife when she needs to go out", why not?
In this scenario,her outburst is quite understandable.
Some recent men are growing less caring abeg, just looking for women to manage their Homes and carry their Babies.
But a divorce was pretty overboard,very overboard but she is hurt.

That woman carried him in her womb for 9 months, went through pain to bring him to life. She struggled to nurture him to a fully grown and handsome man that the wife now finds worthy to call her own husband. So, because he bought a car for his mother, she wants to divorce him. That's a very stupid thing to do sha o. In fact, she should just go ahead and abort the pregnancy too because she is not fit to be a mother. Imagine if it was her own mother the guy bought a car for, would she also file for a divorce?
Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by yommen: 6:50am On Aug 10, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
marriage is for men and not infant boys

Anyway Solomon Gave everything I will have wrote here a wrap

Because he bought a car his mum? His mum Hin mama? Ah ahhh. Awon eleriibu lawon eleyi o. And like you don't know that many girls of now a days are full of shoko in their head. Do you know may be he bought a small car for his mum in order for his mum not to be angry when he eventually buys his wife her own choice of a car?

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Wife Files For Divorce After Husband Buys His Mom A Car(your Opinion) by Regex: 7:05am On Aug 10, 2021
ImaIma1:

Hope the same goes for your wife. If she buys a car for her dad without letting you know, hope it won't be a problem.

It's her money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Our Kids Watch Porn In The Internet / My Husband Rapes Me / What Will You Do If You Return Home And Find Your Little Child Doing This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.