Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

"I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death (19418 Views)

Hosa Okunbo Congratulates Obaseki On His Reelection / Governor Obaseki Speaks On Fight With Oshiomhole. Video / Obaseki Speaks On ‘battling’ APC Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by itsene: 5:46am On Aug 09, 2021
Obaseki has no credibility.
Zero man.
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by thomasjoe(m): 6:48am On Aug 09, 2021
Ayo2004:
Why do all Edo governors have worwor face grin
Because beauty (or handsomeness) is only skin deep. We focus on higher ideals and despite all you cannot but agree that all Edo state Governors have been masters in their own rights and forces to reckon with.
Besides whatever you choose to focus on is what grows-its all in the eyes of the beholder ...
Read in between the lines ...
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by thomasjoe(m): 6:49am On Aug 09, 2021
Evergreen4:
Lol, He lost a brother , the same obaseki that is at logger heads with captain
It's the captain that was at logger heads with Obaseki...
Go figure
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Ayo2004: 7:12am On Aug 09, 2021
thomasjoe:

Because beauty (or handsomeness) is only skin deep. We focus on higher ideals and despite all you cannot but agree that all Edo state Governors have been masters in their own rights and forces to reckon with.
Besides whatever you choose to focus on is what grows-its all in the eyes of the beholder ...
So oshiomole is a master in his own rights

So you can marry an ugly person with a good heart
My people perish because dem too dey deceive themselves
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Naijaishellish: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2021
thomasjoe:

so Obaseki is a force to reckon with Abi? A governor without a single project in 5 years? Obaseki is a curse black spot in the history of edo state.
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by akdjr(m): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2021
Mention any of your state wey fine pass Oshio Baba
Ayo2004:
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by olisaEze(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2021
undecided
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Ayo2004: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2021
akdjr:
Mention any of your state wey fine pass Oshio Baba
Gbenga Daniel ass deck am grin

1 Like

Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by IamCookie(f): 8:58am On Aug 09, 2021
Ayo2004:

IMO, most of the older Edo men (Mid 50s and above) are not that handsome, irrespective of the monies they have BUT most of the younger ones, look good and inviting ( not putting money into consideration)

1 Like

Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Ayo2004: 9:00am On Aug 09, 2021
IamCookie:

IMO, most of the older Edo men (Mid 50s and above) are not that handsome, irrespective of the monies they have BUT most of the younger ones, look good and inviting ( not putting money into consideration)
Are young Edo ladies also part of the young ones and are you one of them
I would genuinely like to know more about you if you are grin
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by IamCookie(f): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2021
Ayo2004:

I do not hail from Edo state but i have quite a number of them as friends. I am of a youthful age ...I used to work in Benin City for about 8 months before i got a transfer tho.

1 Like

Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Ayo2004: 9:06am On Aug 09, 2021
IamCookie:

I do not hail from Edo state but i have quite a number of them as friends. I am of a youthful age ...I used to work in Benin City for about 8 months before i got a transfer tho.
What a shame
Would have really loved to know u more....
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by thomasjoe(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2021
Ayo2004:

Yes he was a master in his own rights during his tenure ...
As humans erros may happen but Oshiomole rose from a tailor / textile mill worker to become the most remembered Labour president and fought for the sanity of the Nigerian labour force (how come you didn't know about his ugliness then? ) He later became Governor twice and helped reshaped Edo state into a new focus in Nation building ...
It's far better to marry an ugly woman with a good heart than a beautiful woman with an evil heart ...(look around you ....check most successful people in the world (start from the men of God)-are many of their wives the "beauty you crave for? You think they didnt know what they were doing by marrying them?

I'm glad you made the post of people perishing because of self deceit...time will definitely reward you with the truth on how you made a post against your infantile reasoning .

My dear , I encourage you not to ever judge a book by its cover or speak like a child by choosing external qualities over inner strength. Learn to see people as God's creation and focus on their value not their external package ( you will hopefully someday remember this post in future)

Best wishes .
Take care!

1 Like

Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Ayo2004: 9:23am On Aug 09, 2021
thomasjoe:

Yes he was a master in his own rights during his tenure ...
As humans erros may happen but Oshiomole rose from a tailor / textile mill worker to become the most remembered Labour president and fought for the sanity of the Nigerian labour force (how come you didn't know about his ugliness then? ) He later became Governor twice and helped reshaped Edo state into a new focus in Nation building ...
It's far better to marry an ugly woman with a good heart than a beautiful woman with an evil heart ...(look around you ....check most successful people in the world (start from the men of God)-are many of their wives the "beauty you crave for? You think they didnt know what they were doing by marrying them?

I'm glad you made the post of people perishing because of self deceit...time will definitely reward you with the truth on how you made a post against your infantile reasoning .

My dear , I encourage you not to ever judge a book by its cover or speak like a child by choosing external qualities over inner strength. Learn to see people as God's creation and focus on their value not their external package ( you will hopefully someday remember this post in future)

Best wishes .
Take care!
Rubbish
Oshiomole is a fraud
Only a poor man or a man trying to get favours from a rich lady will marry her if she is ugly

Periodt
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by IRODANOSA(m): 9:27am On Aug 09, 2021
Ayo2004:

Thanks for that cheque bro, it helped to clear my rent.
You a real one. wink
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Ayo2004: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2021
IRODANOSA:

Thanks for that cheque bro, it helped to clear my rent.
You a real one. wink
?
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Kellie069(m): 9:32am On Aug 09, 2021
Horbar1:
RIP to the dead

If you get money everybody will become brother. Hustle o.

Mumu man! Very mumu man Na e you be
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Pettit3: 9:53am On Aug 09, 2021
I was so saddened to hear about your brothers passing. · I know how close you were to your brother and so how hard this must be.

McDVOICE
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by thomasjoe(m): 10:03am On Aug 09, 2021
Ayo2004:

Rubbish
Oshiomole is a fraud
Only a poor man or a man trying to get favours from a rich lady will marry her if she is ugly

Periodt
Okay ....thanks .
God bless you.
Take care
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by hottadiva(f): 10:06am On Aug 09, 2021
Edo people beg to differ. We've never had it this good.
Salaries and pension especially is been paid at the right time.
If Obaseki was someone who plays to the crowd, he'd have built a carcass hospital (case in point the central hospital project that gulped billions of naira) and called it a project. Instead he's working on structures and lasting economic reforms.

This is why the people showed up for him during the previous elections despite all the antics of oshiomole
And Tinubu.
May Captain Hosa continue to rest in peace
God bless Obaseki! And God bless Edo state

Naijaishellish:
so Obaseki is a force to reckon with Abi? A governor without a single project in 5 years? Obaseki is a curse black spot in the history of edo state.
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by abumoney(m): 10:36am On Aug 09, 2021
Hypocrite
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by thomasjoe(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2021
JaneYave:
RIP Captain. May His Excellency see this as a lesson to make peace while it is possible. Amen
May it break you to see life as vanity and stop being unnecessarily power drunk. Amen!!
I am with Edo State in prayers.

Stop believing and promoting the media in it's half truths and smear campaign. Come to Edo state and see the truth for yourself

2 Likes

Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Yankee101: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2021
Lol

After all the fighting?
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Myself2(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2021
Imustnottalk:
he lost a brother

Of course, there is no politics and no bitterness in death
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Naijaishellish: 12:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
hottadiva:
Edo people beg to differ. We've never had it this good.
Salaries and pension especially is been paid at the right time.
If Obaseki was someone who plays to the crowd, he'd have built a carcass hospital (case in point the central hospital project that gulped billions of naira) and called it Ua project. Instead he's working on structures and lasting economic reforms.

This is why the people showed up for him during the previous elections despite all the antics of oshiomole
And Tinubu.
May Captain Hosa continue to rest in peace
God bless Obaseki! And God bless Edo state

i am an edolite and voted Obaseki, stop the self illusion abeg, we made a mistake and let's admit it, let's assume he's truly working on economic reforms, what happens to the billions budgeted on capital projects yearly? Because capital projects takes about 60 percent of edo yearly budget, and please name just one of such reforms you are talking about, just one and I will keep quite, not in the history of Nigeria has a govt been in power for over 8 months without a cabinet, buhari did 6 months and Nigeria economy kollapsed, lie lie govt, he said he would probe the hospital and water storm project but till today nothing is heard about it again, he said the hospital is a carcass but handed it over to his medical doctor paddy who is an indegene of delta state to manage, as we speak the hospital is now a private practice that an average edolite don't have money to access, what pension and salary are you talking about when he sent task force to flog people agitating to be paid their salaries been owed them over 5 months Abi no be Edo state you Dey? He shut down ekpoma university while oshiomhole built a brand new university that is now rated as the third best university in Nigeria, lucky igbinedion built Stella obasanjo hospital, edo city transport service, College of Agric Iguoriakhi, Institute of Technology Usen, College of Education Ekiadolor, Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) and College of Education Abudu Campus were founded and revived by Lucky Igbinedion’s administration, but Obaseki ascended and shut almost all of them down, it's better we don't even have a governor at all than what we currently have, do you even know edo state receives the 6th highest allocation in the whole Nigeria? Do you know Obaseki low key has borrowed more than the two previous govt ? Do you know luky igbinedion left zero debt in Edo? Do you know people of uhunmora now pay the teachers in uhunmora secondary school by themselves, do you know the people of iwogban community now pay and employ teachers by themselves in Amy day secondary school because govt has not employ and doesn't not pay teachers? Same school students go to school with their own personal tables and chairs? While other lie on the floor to write and read. I attended that shool and it was never like that in history till Obaseki arrived. Which governor have you seen in the history of Nigeria Campaigning with a pedestrian flyover? Obaseki did with the one in main gate, shame. Holdup all over Benin yet no single flyover, do you know Benin is the least developed Capital City in the whole southern Nigeria? Please quote me with the reforms you are talking about, security is at all time high, Auchi to benin is now kidnappers den. Somebody built ogbe stadium but Obaseki repainted it and Campaigned with it, lol, when All the local govt has a stadium in delta state. I pity you and your likes that keeps supporting this useless govt out o emotion.

1 Like

Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Naijaishellish: 12:53pm On Aug 09, 2021
thomasjoe:

Stop believing and promoting the media in it's half truths and smear campaign. Come to Edo state and see the truth for yourself
obaseki has killed Edo state, he's by miles the worst governor Nigeria has ever had since 1999.
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by hottadiva(f): 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2021
Naijaishellish:
i am an edolite and voted Obaseki, stop the self illusion abeg, we made a mistake and let's admit it, let's assume he's truly working on economic reforms, what happens to the billions budgeted on capital projects yearly? Because capital projects takes about 60 percent of edo yearly budget, and please name just one of such reforms you are talking about, just one and I will keep quite, not in the history of Nigeria has a govt been in power for over 8 months without a cabinet, buhari did 6 months and Nigeria economy kollapsed, lie lie govt, he said he would probe the hospital and water storm project but till today nothing is heard about it again, he said the hospital is a carcass but handed it over to his medical doctor paddy who is an indegene of delta state to manage, as we speak the hospital is now a private practice that an average edolite don't have money to access, what pension and salary are you talking about when he sent task force to flog people agitating to be paid their salaries been owed them over 5 months Abi no be Edo state you Dey? He shut down ekpoma university while oshiomhole built a brand new university that is now rated as the third best university in Nigeria, lucky igbinedion built Stella obasanjo hospital, edo city transport service, College of Agric Iguoriakhi, Institute of Technology Usen, College of Education Ekiadolor, Institute of Continuing Education (ICE) and College of Education Abudu Campus were founded and revived by Lucky Igbinedion’s administration, but Obaseki ascended and shut almost all of them down, it's better we don't even have a governor at all than what we currently have, do you even know edo state receives the 6th highest allocation in the whole Nigeria? Do you know Obaseki low key has borrowed more than the two previous govt ? Do you know luky igbinedion left zero debt in Edo? Do you know people of uhunmora now pay the teachers in uhunmora secondary school by themselves, do you know the people of iwogban community now pay and employ teachers by themselves in Amy day secondary school because govt has not employ and doesn't not pay teachers? Same school students go to school with their own personal tables and chairs? While other lie on the floor to write and read. I attended that shool and it was never like that in history till Obaseki arrived. Which governor have you seen in the history of Nigeria Campaigning with a pedestrian flyover? Obaseki did with the one in main gate, shame. Holdup all over Benin yet no single flyover, do you know Benin is the least developed Capital City in the whole southern Nigeria? Please quote me with the reforms you are talking about, security is at all time high, Auchi to benin is now kidnappers den. Somebody built ogbe stadium but Obaseki repainted it and Campaigned with it, lol, when All the local govt has a stadium in delta state. I pity you and your likes that keeps supporting this useless govt out o emotion.

No need really. You lost me when you quoted Oshiomole building a university that's rated 3rd best. Really Oshiomole and best in same sentence? I remember his regime and remember the tears and pain of pensioners who never got their pension or gratuity and some even died waiting. I speak from experience so miss me with your political agenda!!

Hold on to your own illusions.

My relatives and friends in the civil service and the quality of life they live now compared to years back is enough proof for me.
The young ones in public schools and the quality of education they get now when I assess is enough proof.
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by Naijaishellish: 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2021
hottadiva:

No need really. You lost me when you quoted Oshiomole building a university that's rated 3rd best. Really Oshiomole and best in same sentence? I remember his regime and remember the tears and pain of pensioners who never got their pension or gratuity and some even died waiting. I speak from experience so miss me with your political agenda!!

Hold on to your own illusions.

My relatives and friends in the civil service and the quality of life they live now compared to years back is enough proof for me.
The young ones in public schools and the quality of education they get now when I assess is enough proof.
i am stating verifiable records here and you are talking about your sister haha, ignorance, Edo State is bedeviled by insecurity, flooding (which is almost sinking the state capital, Benin City), bad roads, despair, lack of industries, hundreds of thousands of out of school children, kogi has successfully reduced it domestic debt 132 billion to 73 billion Obaseki has taken 300 million dollars international loan and domestic loan o 120 billion, milli9ns o dollars wasted on soil testing in gelegele unseen project and on oshiomhole, he is not perfect but he is the best governor Edo eve had since 1999, while other govs still not able to approve the 18k minimum wage oshiomhole was the only governor paying State workers 25k minimum wage and on Edo university been the third best in Nigeria, it's unfortunate you don't even know what's happening in your state, stop supporting blindly ND admit your mistake, Obaseki is edos biggest mistake in history.

Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by hottadiva(f): 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
I'd say it's the Oshiomole lauder who's actually the blind supporter here.
But what do i know? Anyways back to the business that pays me.
Peace...

P.S Opening a thread to badmouth Obaseki and replying yourself on same is quite shady even borderline disturbing dont you think?

Naijaishellish:
i am stating verifiable records here and you are talking
about your sister haha, ignorance, Edo State is bedeviled by insecurity, flooding (which is almost sinking the state capital, Benin City), bad roads, despair, lack of industries, hundreds of thousands of out of school children, kogi has successfully reduced it domestic debt 132 billion to 73 billion Obaseki has taken 300 million dollars international loan and domestic loan o 120 billion, milli9ns o dollars wasted on soil testing in gelegele unseen project and on oshiomhole, he is not perfect but he is the best governor Edo eve had since 1999, while other govs still not able to approve the 18k minimum wage oshiomhole was the only governor paying State workers 25k minimum wage and on Edo university been the third best in Nigeria, it's unfortunate you don't even know what's happening in your state, stop supporting blindly ND admit your mistake, Obaseki is edos biggest mistake in history.
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by thomasjoe(m): 4:50am On Feb 11, 2022
Naijaishellish:

If a Governor that has been able to retire his former God-Father and APC national Chairman to oblivion is not a force to be reckoned with, then what is your understanding of the phrase "force to reckon with"?
Re: "I Lost A Brother" - Obaseki Speaks On Hosa Okunbo's Death by thomasjoe(m): 4:52am On Feb 11, 2022
Ayo2004:

Hopefully nairaland will still be around in a decade from now ...
I will be glad to watch you re-read and reflect on your post on " lack of knowledge " by then. Time reveals

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Is 70 Years Old Today / PDP Takes Early Lead In Taraba / Saraki Lands At Ilorin International Airport, Warmly Welcomed - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.