Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,306 members, 7,819,040 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance (6913 Views)

DSS: Fayose Rewards Ekiti Assembly Member For ‘loyalty’-the Tribune / House Of Reps To Increase NYSC Member's Allowance / National Assembly Member With His Feet Up On A Chair During Recess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by matty1024: 4:03pm On May 18, 2011
Nonsense! Nigerian workers are crying for just 18,000 naira per month,
while NASS earns over 30,000,000 naira. Na waoh! How can one equate
this in terms of the gap between the rich and poor?
You can see that there is no middle class in our society. you are either poor or rich by stealing.
You can see why it is do or die thing to get appointed and not elected into NASS or any position.
You can see why legislators fail to legislate any meaningful law that will benefit the nigerian society
You can see why people like David Mark and co wants to remain in NASS by all possible means.
The most annonying aspect of this is that some of us in NL still back these crookes.
Too bad!
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by maasoap(m): 6:08pm On May 18, 2011
There is no need to ask for the authenticity of the post because their allowances from 27m to 42m responsible for the house inability to pay the formerly suspended house members (Melaye and co.). They were even obtaining loans from the banks to pay the increment. It's part of the new revelations. Were you not aware that the NA jacked up the budget from 4.2t to 4.9t before and this is what responsible for the GEJ refusal to approve the budget. Nothing new in this post.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by Abduljohn(m): 8:40pm On May 18, 2011
I beg, i nid answer 2 dis questn: either 27m or 30m hw many civil servant ll smile home wit 18000? GEJ is just makin mouth tryin 2 form he meant gud 4 Nigeria, well let's c hw far he can go.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by bkbabe97y(m): 8:48pm On May 18, 2011
Hhahahahaha! Nigerians were getting fxcuked up the aszzhole, no lubricant, by GEJ and co.

They had the opportunity to get made love to, gently, by CPC.

Being sadists, and lovers of S&M, they refused and said "NO, keep ra*ping us! We love the pain!". The Ibos led the beg for torture!

Now, they wanna cry and wail! Fxuck yall. I hope the Senators increase their salaries to $10million/month.

Fuxcking tribalistic buncha morons!
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 18, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Hhahahahaha! Nigerians were getting fxcuked up the aszzhole, no lubricant, by GEJ and co.

They had the opportunity to get made love to, gently, by CPC.

Being sadists, and lovers of S&M, they refused and said "NO, keep ra*ping us! We love the pain!". The Ibos led the beg for torture!

Now, they wanna cry and wail! Fxuck yall. I hope the Senators increase their salaries to $10million/month.

Fuxcking tribalistic buncha morons!

hey dude, whats wrong with you? I voted cpc, hell i live cpc and that is totally uncalled for as well as unacceptable, how old are you?

Please stop this for all our sakes!
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by k9ine(m): 9:31pm On May 18, 2011
maasoap:

, their allowances from 27m to 42m responsible for the house inability to pay the formerly suspended house members (Melaye and co.). They were even obtaining loans from the banks to pay the increment. It's part of the new revelations. Were you not aware that the NA jacked up the budget from 4.2t to 4.9t before and this is what responsible for the GEJ refusal to approve the budget. Nothing new in this post.
very very true.
U can imagine these guys stealing from us IN ADVANCE  by obtaining loan to pay allowances.
Hence Sanusi warned d banks never to try it.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by misterh(m): 10:10pm On May 18, 2011
Personally, even if they collect billions, there must be development in the country. But these people will abandon the job of legislature and face personal and selfish aims.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by Egelife(m): 1:11pm On May 19, 2011
This is a welcomed development, who says jona is incapable for that position, and who said Nigeria won't get better by the decade. These jumbo allowances the NASS consume without having in mind the needs of those thom they are supposedly representing. Thank God for this present administration, a government who has the mass as its priority, a government democratically elected and willing to dispense the various dividends of democracy, first it was slashing down of cement prices and now that of the NASS for the benefit of those who put them there. and we are expecting many more to come
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by kholis(m): 4:09pm On May 19, 2011
We all know the operational meaning of the word "slash". but they are only deceiving us. Any day the PDP led govt is ready to do anything meaninful, we will know without being told. I weep for my country which is cursed with bad leaders. Every member of National Assembly should know that he or she is an instrumentation of curse.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by cyril10(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2011
GEJ was not the president when NASS allocation was increased, now that he has decided to slash their allowances from 45,0000,000 and 42,000,000 to 33,000,000 and 30,000,000 million respectively people are still shouting. I beleive it is still a gradual process.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On May 20, 2011
cyril10:

GEJ was not the president when NASS allocation was increased, now that he has decided to slash their allowances from 45,0000,000 and 42,000,000 to 33,000,000 and 30,000,000 million respectively people are still shouting. I beleive it is still a gradual process.

WRONG . . .He was the president when NASS allocation increased. For pete's sake this only happened late last year.

He HAS NOT SLASHED their allowances, he is only speaking that it out to be slashed-- you are given no guarantees that it will be.
Re: Jonathan 'Slashes' National Assembly Member's Allowance by DisGuy: 9:30pm On May 20, 2011
he even increased it, the man is a wasteman!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is Colonel Omenka Of DMI? / Dialogue With Boko Haram Amount To “abysmal Appeasement.” – Soyinka / How Yahaya Bello Is Wasting Kogi Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.