Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,771 members, 7,809,976 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Uk Visa Refusal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa Refusal (5197 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application / S'African Police Invade Nigerian Embassy Over Visa Refusal To South Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Visa Refusal by hopefully: 6:08pm On May 17, 2011
I applied for a 6 months uk visa about a week ago but was refused just because I did not state that I was refused a visa in 2007 - This was an error of oversight as I did not have any intention of concealing this information. I didn’t change my date of birth or name. It was really an oversight.
I have been given a limited right of appeal
can someone please advise if I should appeal or re-apply and what should be stated in the application.
Please this is not a time for casting stones as I already know that it was really a silly mistake. All I need now is a honest advise. Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by kenny33: 6:55pm On May 17, 2011
i am not quite sure about this, but i think you should appeal
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 17, 2011
Correct ur mistakes and reapply, and be genuine in all. All d best!
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by justwise(m): 8:31pm On May 17, 2011
hopefully:

I applied for a 6 months uk visa about a week ago but was refused just because I did not state that I was refused a visa in 2007 - This was an error of oversight as I did not have any intention of concealing this information. I didn’t change my date of birth or name. It was really an oversight.
can someone please advise if I should appeal or re-apply and what should be stated in the application.
Please this is not a time for casting stones as I already know that it was really a silly mistake. All I need now is a honest advise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Can u still remember why u were refused a visa in 2007?
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by Fogman(m): 2:37am On May 18, 2011
Dont even think of appealing. Just go ahed and re apply. Good luck
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by stone4rock(m): 3:26pm On May 18, 2011
hopefully:

Do u really think you have the right 2 appeal? appeal is mostly for settlement & family applications, d fact dat u have limited right to appeal my broda 4get anything appeal. Mostly appeal is considered when you feel you have been unlawfully denied visa and the reason for refusal largely stand in isolation of UK immigration rules. where as in dis ur case you admit that it is your fault so u want to plead instead.

My advice: send a review letter to them stating your reasons for not including ur past refusal. supply a valid address to dem becos a response will b sent to you within 3-4weeks. mostly they will reply and tell you dat u can re-apply but they cant predict the outcome of any future application. while submitting a fresh application attach the response you got from them and state it on d additional information page that the issue of your last denial has been addressed and a copy is hereby enclosed 4 their perusal.
i have just given u free of charge wot i charge my clients 20k 4 if they seek for my counsel, grin grin grin
1luv
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by ragdollz: 3:29pm On May 18, 2011
Reapply. So long as you didn't make any attempts at concealment, then they really have no case. You forgot to mention an important detail, simple! Not a crime, even for those uppity visa folks angry angry angry grin
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by stone4rock(m): 4:00pm On May 18, 2011
ragdollz:

Reapply. So long as you didn't make any attempts at concealment, then they really have no case. You forgot to mention an important detail, simple! Not a crime, even for those uppity visa folks angry angry angry grin
Bros is not dat easy, just mere mistake is wot d embassy dwells on 2 deny u visa, besides one may even get 10years ban becos of dis so called little mistake. level of deception in Nigeria has overruled those common mistakes dat cud probably be ignored.
1luv
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by cvibe: 11:13pm On May 19, 2011
It's always advisable to keep a photocopy of your Visa application form. The embassy keeps records so why shouldn't you?
Appealing is a waste of time. Reapply and state the reasons in the any other information section of the VAF
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by girllygal(f): 12:04am On Dec 13, 2011
wink
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by Vicjustice: 10:39am On Dec 13, 2011
hopefully:

It is highly likely that you've just been given the 10 years ban for this omission.
   I do not accept that "this was an error of oversight" and that "you did not have any intention of concealing this information" because, i know that the visa application form has the columns and boxes that you must fill-in that information. Now, since it is not allowed to ignore that section, you must have given false answers in order to go through to the next page of the application form, and this false representation can attract the 10 years ban.
Re: Uk Visa Refusal by stone4rock(m): 11:27pm On Dec 13, 2011
LOL @ justwise i know you wud like to question dat shocked shocked shocked

but sincerely speaking some strong men could printout all your info 4 a ransom ( i hope u believe that).
Am actually not recommending that 2 anyone, but they are some compelling issues that may warrant you make reference to your past application perhaps some folks might forget some nasty deceptive information filled while making their previous application. in dis case a need to implore dis service can not be over-emphasized.
1luv.

(1) (Reply)

Living In Cyprus / Belarus / =

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.