Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,487 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:07 PM

Ask Me Any Question About Being Successful And Starting A Business During Nysc. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ask Me Any Question About Being Successful And Starting A Business During Nysc. (391 Views)

Corps Member Recreates Photo Of Her Mom Taken During NYSC Program 32 Years Ago / Certificates Acquired During NYSC / 10 Ways Corpers Ruin Their Lives During NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ask Me Any Question About Being Successful And Starting A Business During Nysc. by Luvskid(m): 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Most corps members do not know that they can actually make some money apart from the monthly allowance doing some businesses in their place of primary assignment.
Below are the few examples of some businesses that you can start immediately at your place of Primary assignment.

1. EXPANDING ON YOUR SAED PROGRAM: By expanding on your SAED program, I mean that you can decide to work and improve yourself on the specific SAED program that you did during your service year, many corps members when they are given the NYSC books kit do not even open any of them till they finish and might not open it for the rest of their life. Do not be that corps member. I would want you to take out time and read the book entitled “STARTING MY OWN SMALL BUSINESS”. It is going to be of immense benefit in helping you to develop viable business ideas that can work in the area that you find yourself in.
Since there are different things you can learn from the SAED program ; like shoe making, fashion design, cake making, and others, you can decide to establish that where you are after your service, just make sure you are doing something and not just relaxing, you can even go back home after service to your place and establish these things you have learnt using the money that you probably have saved up during your service, remember we talked about this earlier.

2. IMPORTATION: By importation here, I mean interstate importation where you bring goods that are not present in a particular place but from your analysis, you discover there is a serious need for such a product. Let’s say you are in Omuo community in Ekiti East LGA of Ekiti State, you will discover that they have a lot of yams but they don’t have fish, so if you are from the southern part of Nigeria, you can bring in fish from there and sell to them here and gain some profit and at the same time you can take yam to the southern part of the country and still sell and make a profit. In either case, it’s a win-win situation. I know some of you are already building the objection of I do not have money, well remember earlier we talked about savings. You need to make a firm decision to save money for your financial success.

3. RUNNING AN ALREADY EXISTING BUSINESS OR SKILL DURING YOUR SERVICE YEAR: I will use my example to help us understand this, before going for service I was a teacher who teaches English diction and English sounds. During service, because I read Computer Engineering, I was assigned to teach mathematics and I did not complain but I also taught that English diction unofficially even to kids around where I was staying and these got me a part-time job with a school. The pay was three times what I was earning where I was working full time after service. Some of you are skilled in sewing, how to make hair and a host of other skills. Let the people around you know about it and these can fetch you some good money.

4. BECOME AN NYSC APPROVED SAED INSTRUCTOR: For those of us who are very good at what we do like fashion design, graphic design, web design, shoemaking, hair making, and any other thing. Please as soon as you get to NYSC
camp, look for the SAED director in camp and meet him or her to tell him or her what you do and show samples or pictures of it and tell him/her that you want to be part of the trainers during the SAED program they will be very happy to have you as a trainer but for you to make money you need to give your student massive value during the week that the training will be held, usually during the second and third week. This will make your students in camp hungry for more and they will contact you after service for more training and you will charge them for it because in-camp training is free but you pay for out-of-camp training.

5. TRADING ON PHONE AND PHONE ACCESSORIES: Depending on where you are serving you can decide to get a small shop and trade on phone and phone accessories like earpiece ear pod, memory card, chargers, flash drives, screen guard etc, especially if you have gotten any knowledge about phone repairs, you can even be an intermediary between a phone repairer and the owner if you know a good phone repairer. In places that you do not always have electric power, you can get a small generator and start a phone charging business.

6. POS BUSINESS: This is a very viable business if you happen to find yourself in the rural areas even in urban centres, but the only thing here is, you will need some funds at least a hundred thousand nairas to start the business. You can get POS machines from OPAY, 9PAYMENTBANK, PAY CENTER, KUDA, etc. But just check to see which works well in your area as some of their networks are not nationwide. You can also register with Access Bank, Zenith Bank and other banks as their agent and do transactions using their agents' mobile app. You will get a commission for it. In this business, you have to be able to keep track of all the little money that comes in and not spend them because they all add up to a big amount especially if you have a lot of customers.
I hope this helps someone, you can drop any question you have lets see how to help one another.

(1) (Reply)

Fresh NYSC PPA Placement (lagos Only) / . / Job Openings On Corpers Online Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.