Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4609437 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) ... (6195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 28, 2016
pelvicky:
it will be mad to loose ter stegen and he will also be mad to leave barca and join which club self...Liverpool??

he is barca future Gk
Good young goalkeepers are not in short supply. His error strewn performances at the start of the season scuppered his chances of being the first choice in the league. We cannot rely on such. Bravo is not the future but he brings calm and security to our back line. The same cannot be said of Ter stegen. He's ambitious and love to take risks but he must be patience too. So many young keepers of his like would slit their mother's throat to have the chance to play in the UCL final. If everything goes well, he may yet keep another final and possibly win it again. For these and others, he should be thankful. He is young; errors are expected at this stage but he should know that we have options even if he were to go. There are so many excellent young goalkeepers in La liga.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 10:35am On Mar 28, 2016
All road leads to goal.com...let's all go and vote for la. Pulga in his semifinal showdown with penaldo in d legend match...landslide. Victory envisaged
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 10:39am On Mar 28, 2016
The fans drop Isco and James and stick with the BBC
Let's see what tweak Perez does this time to puppet coachie zizou

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 10:49am On Mar 28, 2016
Classy response and statements from a classy person..Leo Andres messi....

"I have always said that comparisons are a thing of the press, making a big drama about what one has won over the other and things like that. I just try to help my team out, play well, improve every year and do my job. I don't compare myself with Cristiano or anybody. I only think about myself and my teammates and how to go out and win games."
"We don't know each other personally, only through what we do out on the playing fields. We don't see each other off them enough to have any kind of relationship, but not for any special reason. Quite simply, he is in another team and we only meet up each time we play against each other, and that's that", he explained. "When Cristiano won his Ballons d'Or, he deserved them. They are decided on by managers, players, journalists and FIFA, making the winner a deserved one. He had earned his award every single time he has won it", he assured.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
phaamsaam:
All road leads to goal.com...let's all go and vote for la. Pulga in his semifinal showdown with penaldo in d legend match...landslide. Victory envisaged
Paste the voting link here bro...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
Alba could miss the Classico..

Mathieu at Lb...God Forbid. angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
Alba sprained his ankle during ESP game yesterday. Not yet clear if he will be available for the game against Madrid on Saturday.

Should we be expecting Mathieu in the line up? Bykebyke over to you oooo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
bykebyke:
Alba could miss the Classico..

Mathieu at Lb...God Forbid. >:

(
Na Andriano you want? Alba is one of the players with no potential back up in the team. He has not been living up to expectation recently and I wonder why some dudes have not called for his outright replacement as the case of Busi lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
sebod:

Na Andriano you want? Alba is one of the players with no potential back up in the team. He has not been living up to expectation recently and I wonder why some dudes have not called for his outright replacement as the case of Busi lipsrsealed

No fear na.. Mr Utility Roberto is fit and capable. smiley
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
sebod:
Alba sprained his ankle during ESP game yesterday. Not yet clear if he will be available for the game against Madrid on Saturday.

Should we be expecting Mathieu in the line up? Bykebyke over to you oooo.
Sergi Roberto should play there...because I can't imagine Mathieu vs Bale.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mcleo007:

Hehehehehe! Against Bale ans CR7? May God help us ooooo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
bykebyke:

Sergi Roberto should play there...because I can't imagine Mathieu vs Bale.

Na God hand we dey ooooo.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
sebod:

True that. Alba has been shiit for the most part this season. And like you rightly pointed out, no one has pointed that out but it's easier to call Busi's bluff after a mediocre performance.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mcleo007:

Not having Alba against Bale won't be funny. It's gonna be a long night for whoever will be there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 2:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
Chaiii! Abeg ohhh!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
I'll rather have Mathieu than Alba in my defense line against Madrid to thwart the aerial threat of Ronaldo and to be an aerial threat against Madrid just like what happened last season.

This season, he came on for Mascherano in the 27th minute and helped the team kept a clean sheet. Yes he's prone to errors, but he always deliver when faced against Madrid.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 3:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
dmcdad:

True that. Alba has been shiit for the most part this season. And like you rightly pointed out, no one has pointed that out but it's easier to call Busi's bluff after a mediocre performance.
I just tire ehn.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
Debroslink:
I'll rather have Mathieu than Alba in my defense line against Madrid to thwart the aerial threat of Ronaldo and to be an aerial threat against Madrid just like what happened last season.

This season, he came on for Mascherano in the 27th minute and helped the team kept a clean sheet. Yes he's prone to errors, but he always deliver when faced against Madrid.
You have a point bro. I'm only worried about his speed and recovery against Bale if played from LB spot. He seems more comfortable playing from CB spot.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
sebod:

You have a point bro. I'm only worried about his speed and recovery against Bale if played from LB spot. He seems more comfortable playing from CB spot.
And from what I envision, he ain't gonna add much going forward.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
When Mathieu played his first classico, he played at left back, and he played defensively well to my satisfaction! Though we lost the match!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 4:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
dmcdad:

And from what I envision, he ain't gonna add much going forward.

If he eventually starts from LB, I wouldn't mind him sitting back and leave Neymar alone to face whoever is placed before him. He should just mind the defence and leave the attack for MSN to handle. Bale/CR7 would wanna prove a point from that flank if left unattended to.
Madrid are not threat to us at this point, we will add more to their woes. All I want is just a clean sheet day.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
Debroslink:

He came on for Mascherano..A CB...remember the first classico he played at LB?...we lost 3-1.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
homesteady:
When Mathieu played his first classico, he played at left back, and he played defensively well to my satisfaction! Though we lost the match!
Someone that was losing balls anyhow and playing as if he hadn't kicked a ball before?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
bykebyke:

He came on for Mascherano..A CB...remember the first classico he played at LB?...we lost 3-1.
But in all honesty he played well, at least defensively. I could remember vividly how the likes of Isco tried time and time again without success, but decided to use Alves' wing because it was the obvious loophole. The goals came from that same wing. Remember Piqué's handball too that gave them a PK? And the others were from the RB, that is Madrid's LW.

In as much as I don't subscribe playing Mathieu as a LB especially inna big game like the Clasico, yet e no go good make we lie for the guy head.cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
bykebyke:

Someone that was losing balls anyhow and playing as if he hadn't kicked a ball before?
I doubt if you have good memories of that match. You wouldn't type this. Aswear!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
The ankle sprain Alba suffered yesterday in ESP game is not bad. Didn't have tests today and will be available for game against Madrid. [md]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
dmcdad:

I doubt if you have good memories of that match. You wouldn't type this. Aswear!
Yes that classico might be a little vague in my memory,but no,I can't forget the number of times Mathieu made me puff my inhaler...since that day I vowed to not see anything good in any performance he gives.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
dmcdad:

But in all honesty he played well, at least defensively. I could remember vividly how the likes of Isco tried time and time again without success, but decided to use Alves' wing because it was the obvious loophole. The goals came from that same wing. Remember Piqué's handball too that gave them a PK? And the others were from the RB, that is Madrid's LW.

In as much as I don't subscribe playing Mathieu as a LB especially inna big game like the Clasico, yet e no go good make we lie for the guy head.cheesy
"However,looked out-of-sorts defensively and was susceptible to mistakes against faster players."

What lie are you talking about then,?..it's a known fact Mathieu wasn't comfortable at that position in the first classico and was making mistakes anyhow.

When peeps were even calling for his immediate sale on twitter that night...but talks died down after he scored that lone goal vs Celta Vigo.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
bykebyke:

"However,looked out-of-sorts defensively and was susceptible to mistakes against faster players."

What lie are you talking about then,?..it's a known fact Mathieu wasn't comfortable at that position in the first classico and was making mistakes anyhow.

When peeps were even calling for his immediate sale on twitter that night...but talks died down after he scored that lone goal vs Celta Vigo.
That's the problem. We always focus more on how the glass is half empty without taking into account that the same glass is half full too.

With emphasis on the other analysis of the game, you left the one he was praised. I stand on what I said initially that he wasn't at fault at any of the goals, and we all know it's about not conceding that matters. Why not bring up the match analysis for Alves and Piqué too?

Given, he made some errors defending against fast players, buy did it prove costly at any point in the game? Nope! Is that not what matters ultimately?

It's a no-brainer that Mathieu ain't comfortable at LB, but it doesn't mean we should smite him at every opportunity albeit he doesn't deserve it some time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
bykebyke:

Yes that classico might be a little vague in my memory,but no,I can't forget the number of times Mathieu made me puff my inhaler...since that day I vowed to not see anything good in any performance he gives.
Anything good? Wow... And then I can say affirmatively that you are no different from those cules calling for the head of Busi. I guess they had a game in their head too they made such a decision. And ever since, whatever he does doesn't just cut in for them.

Little wonder...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
dmcdad:

Anything good? Wow... And then I can say affirmatively that you are no different from those cules calling for the head of Busi. I guess they had a game in their head too they made such a decision. And ever since, whatever he does doesn't just cut in for them.

Little wonder...
Nah bro..Do not put me in the same category of those who criticize Busi,that's a different case,because I have seen him pay his dues and I attack his critics like a freaking litigator.

dmcdad:

That's the problem. We always focus more on how the glass is half empty without taking into account that the same glass is half full too.
With emphasis on the other analysis of the game, you left the one he was praised. I stand on what I said initially that he wasn't at fault at any of the goals, and we all know it's about not conceding that matters. Why not bring up the match analysis for Alves and Piqué too?
Given, he made some errors defending against fast players, buy did it prove costly at any point in the game? Nope! Is that not what matters ultimately?
It's a no-brainer that Mathieu ain't comfortable at LB, but it doesn't mean we should smite him at every opportunity albeit he doesn't deserve it some time.
I am not arguing about who caused what goals,I am disputing what is being said about him playing defensively well at the LB position in that classico because that is one big fat Greek lie..

Mathieu has never given a decent defensive performance in a Left-back position.

We should thank God he didn't come on as a substitute for Jordi Alba in that game,else we might be talking about a 6-1 scoreline.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
bykebyke:

His wing was the least busy during that match because Bale did not play, they made all their attacks through Alves side! The few attacks that came through his wing, he handled them properly!
That was the only good thing about his game!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1422) (1423) (1424) (1425) (1426) (1427) (1428) ... (6195) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.