Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4597899 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (6191) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2016
homesteady:
Ter Stegen has conceeded 40 goals, while Bravo has conceeded 37 goals!

True. Although quality of opposition matters too.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:43am On Apr 01, 2016
Happy new month to all Barca fans here. May the month of April bring good tidings to us all and our good club.
May we start the month joyfully by annihilation Madrid tomorrow and kill off their neighbour come next week on our way to winning another treble.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:48am On Apr 01, 2016
homesteady:
So Iniesta is injured? how come no one mentioned it here?
You wan April-fool us abi? That one no go work oooooo. Iniesta is finalising with the MSN how to finally lay Madrid to rest come tomorrow. tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 8:56am On Apr 01, 2016
OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho named as new Nigeria coach
Apr 1, 2016 01:28:00 Nigerian Football

The ex-Chelsea man has been named the new Super Eagles’ handler, as he affirmed he was pleased to coach the three-time African champions
EXCLUSIVE By Shina Oludare Follow on Twitter
Jose Mourinho has been named the new head coach of Nigeria following the departure of interim Samson Siasia.

Mourinho signed a four-year contract to take charge of the Super Eagles, while Mutiu Adepoju, Kanu Nwankwo and Peter Rufai join him as his backroom staff.

The former Chelsea coach will be tasked with qualifying Nigeria for the 2018 World Cup having missed out of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations billed for Gabon.

The 53-year-old had been linked with Manchester United job but has agreed a deal with Nigeria which is due to last until 2020, after Sunday Oliseh quit his post on February 25, 2016.

"I have the pleasure to confirm I have committed to a legendary African side, with the massive challenge of qualifying for the Russia 2018 World Cup," Mourinho told Goal.

"I am lucky because for years I had the fortune to coach big teams like Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid, and now I have the opportunity to coach another big team like Nigeria. It is an honour and I want to keep winning.

"We have a duty to prove we are the best team in Africa and also do well at the 2018 World Cup.

“I’d like to thank the Nigeria Football Federation for believing in me and with their backing, I am confident that we can build a stronger Super Eagles,” he concluded.

Mourinho will be presented at a media conference on Friday at the Abuja National Stadium.

Happy April 1st!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by phaamsaam: 8:58am On Apr 01, 2016
The Barcelona legend will depart Camp Nou this summer after the Spanish champions' greatest rivals activated his €250 million buy-out clause
EXCLUSIVE
Lionel Messi has left Barcelona in turmoil by agreeing to join Real Madrid at the end of the season in a record-breaking five-year deal that will be worth around half a billion euros.

The Argentine forward, winner of five Ballon d'Or awards and considered one of the greatest players of all time, will cost Madrid €250m to buy and approximately the same again in agent fees, commissions and wages.

The move was announced directly before Saturday's Clasico at the Santiago Bernabeu in what appears to have been a deliberate move to destabilise the Liga leaders.

Messi, who joined Barcelona as a 13-year-old, explained that money was the only factor driving his move.

"With Financial Fair Play, Barcelona could not give me what I wanted and deserved," the 28-year-old said at the pre-match press conference.

"I recommended they fund my contract by selling the Camp Nou, but for some reason they valued the club more than me.

"When I learned this, I was heartbroken and our relationship was finished.

"A man of my status should have a 2000-metre long mega-yacht, staffed and powered at all times. Like [Roman] Abramovich. The purchase and operating costs alone demand that I take home €50m per year after tax. Minimum. Is that too much to ask?"

However, Goal correspondent Garry McGarry obtained exclusive information hinting at other reasons for the move.

"Gerard Pique kept beating Messi at Fifa," McGarry explained in a series of poorly-worded tweets. "Messi hates to lose and became angered when the club refused to replace Pique's left hand with a pirate's hook.

"That was it for the ‘little dictator’, and he has done the unthinkable."

Sources in Madrid have indicated that Messi has also been offered the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar, "when we get it back after Britain leaves the EU", information which was not confirmed or denied by the Messi camp.

In an official statement released by Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo said he was delighted to welcome Messi aboard and that he was "looking forward to receiving his support from the wing".

Barcelona, meanwhile, continue to be beset by financial difficulties but are expected to replace Messi with Leicester City's Jamie Vardy, who will be mentored by Uruguay star Luis Suarez.

Happy April 1st!

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:01am On Apr 01, 2016
dmcdad:

True. Although quality of opposition matters too.
Yea I also thought of that, then I remembered that he conceeded 8 goals in 2 consecutive games, in both UEFA and spanish super cups! And he was still the keeper when we Celta scored 4 goals!

I can't believe that this Ter Stegen is even making noise! With the shambolic performances he was giving earlier this season, he is even lucky to still be the Cup games keeper! Check all the ridiculous goals that we were scored, and you will see that he was the goalkeeper!
During the summer break while playing for Germany, shey one country knack am 5 goals?

Enrique kept faith in him and he is now paying Enrique back with complains!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2016
sebod:

You wan April-fool us abi? That one no go work oooooo. Iniesta is finalising with the MSN how to finally lay Madrid to rest come tomorrow. tongue

Lmaoooooooooooo grin
It is not April-fool, I saw it on one site that was predicting the lineups for the game!
I've been quite very busy, so maybe I thought I missed the news!
Shey na lie?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:19am On Apr 01, 2016
homesteady:

Yea I also thought of that, then I remembered that he conceeded 8 goals in 2 consecutive games, in both UEFA and spanish super cups! And he was still the keeper when we Celta scored 4 goals!

I can't believe that this Ter Stegen is even making noise! With the shambolic performances he was giving earlier this season, he is even lucky to still be the Cup games keeper! Check all the ridiculous goals that we were scored, and you will see that he was the goalkeeper!
During the summer break while playing for Germany, shey one country knack am 5 goals?

Enrique kept faith in him and he is now paying Enrique back with complains!
Honestly you are not being fair with this. Haba!

In the beginning of the season the team generally struggled. Did you discover that we had a hard time scoring goals earlier this season? And also had an easy time conceding goals? The team lost shape at the last. MSN weren't in sync at all. Infact, synchronization came with the duo of Neymar-Saurez when Messi got injured and that was where the rest of the attacking threats were built upon.

Let's be fair with the dude. Bar 2 or 3 goals one would fault him for, it was more about the team generally not in good shape that caused all those goals. It's no news that as the season wore on, we picked up and that was why we conceded less. The one Florenzi scored him or the Bilbao guy, it almost happened with Bravo against Malaga in the first leg at the Camp Nuo. So one should know it was just pure luck. Infact if you see the clips again you would discover Bravo was way off his line while the ball was just at the middle of our own half, and he couldn't stand a chance against it, thank goodness it was off-target.

In our last game against Villareal, if Ter Stegen were to be the goalie I know a lot would have asked for his head cause of the goals, but no one blinked an eye cause it was Bravo. Bravo gave Sevilla the draw they earned at the return leg last season but no one talked about it because it was him. He made some errors in like 2 other games also last season that directly led to goals, but no one complained.

Frankly, it was just unfortunate that he was the goalie in those games. Keylor Navas conceded 4 against us, but does that mean he was to blame for any one of the goals? Nope, not at all. That's to tell you that it could happen to anyone.

Now for the records, I love Bravo and I couldn't be happier that we have his experience with us. But such criticisms directed at MATs is just not fair to him. It was very glaring we struggled heavily at the start of the season, probably due to fatigue and fitness issues from the previous season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:52am On Apr 01, 2016
homesteady:

Lmaoooooooooooo grin
It is not April-fool, I saw it on one site that was predicting the lineups for the game!
I've been quite very busy, so maybe I thought I missed the news!
Shey na lie?
If na play, make una stop am oooo. The last time I checked, the don was hale and hearty.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 10:05am On Apr 01, 2016
dmcdad:

Honestly you are not being fair with this. Haba!

In the beginning of the season the team generally struggled. Did you discover that we had a hard time scoring goals earlier this season? And also had an easy time conceding goals? The team lost shape at the last. MSN weren't in sync at all. Infact, synchronization came with the duo of Neymar-Saurez when Messi got injured and that was where the rest of the attacking threats were built upon.

Let's be fair with the dude. Bar 2 or 3 goals one would fault him for, it was more about the team generally not in good shape that caused all those goals. It's no news that as the season wore on, we picked up and that was why we conceded less. The one Florenzi scored him or the Bilbao guy, it almost happened with Bravo against Malaga in the first leg at the Camp Nuo. So one should know it was just pure luck. Infact if you see the clips again you would discover Bravo was way off his line while the ball was just at the middle of our own half, and he couldn't stand a chance against it, thank goodness it was off-target.

In our last game against Villareal, if Ter Stegen were to be the goalie I know a lot would have asked for his head cause of the goals, but no one blinked an eye cause it was Bravo. Bravo gave Sevilla the draw they earned at the return leg last season but no one talked about it because it was him. He made some errors in like 2 other games also last season that directly led to goals, but no one complained.

Frankly, it was just unfortunate that he was the goalie in those games. Keylor Navas conceded 4 against us, but does that mean he was to blame for any one of the goals? Nope, not at all. That's to tell you that it could happen to anyone.

Now for the records, I love Bravo and I couldn't be happier that we have his experience with us. But such criticisms directed at MATs is just not fair to him. It was very glaring we struggled heavily at the start of the season, probably due to fatigue and fitness issues from the previous season.

During those his trying period, I still supported him! If people start talking bad about him, I would start squeezing out reasons like he is a sweeper keeper, it is barcelona style for the keeper to be almost at the tip of the 18 box and so on! I also still like him very much, even more than Bravo, because he is more interesting to watch!
But you can't just erase all that happened during that period na! Was it a coincidence that when Bravo just came back from injury, our defenders got their sense back and we started conceding less goals than the period while he was injured?
Ter Stegen was off form that period and some coaches would have just relegated him to 2nd choice keeper, because he is 1st b choice choice now gringrin But Enrique still kept faith in him, he shouldn't repay Enrique with wahala!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Büllshit...not according to Marca newspaper or me...

•Speed = scalar quantity/magnitude component of velocity (without direction)

•Velocity = has magnitude and direction

•Acceleration = vector quantity

To accelerate an object = Velocity has to be altered...
-If sign of velocity (+ or -) is the same as the acceleration = object speeds up
-If the signs are opposite = the object decelerates...

...do you really need to offer physics in school to know that? *yimu*

...Alba has better speed and acceleration both on and off the ball... he's currently the fastest player in our squad and 3rd in La Liga(outfoxed only by Ronaldo and Bale) ...Even PES 2016(even though it's just a video game) placed Mathieu's speed at 75 compared to Alba's whooping 92...
...and I don't buy into all those Bellanin hullabaloo - Alba was outpaced only because accumulated fatigue had taken a toll on him...Ceteris paribus, Bellanin is incapable of holding a candle to Alba...
See the nonsense you wrote and you're claiming to know physics.
Bellerin's acceleration is better and his recorded top speed is higher than Alba's. Make of that what you will.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:38am On Apr 01, 2016
homesteady:

During those his trying period, I still supported him! If people start talking bad about him, I would start squeezing out reasons like he is a sweeper keeper, it is barcelona style for the keeper to be almost at the tip of the 18 box and so on! I also still like him very much, even more than Bravo, because he is more interesting to watch!
But you can't just erase all that happened during that period na! Was it a coincidence that when Bravo just came back from injury, our defenders got their sense back and we started conceding less goals than the period while he was injured?
Ter Stegen was off form that period and some coaches would have just relegated him to 2nd choice keeper, because he is 1st b choice choice now gringrin But Enrique still kept faith in him, he shouldn't repay Enrique with wahala!

If you were in his shoes, what would you do?

Besides, what is the so-called wahala you are talking about? That's he wants to me play? Abeg na wahala be that? Who doesn't wanna play more? Of course apart from Mikel and Adriano.cheesy Those guys are content sitting on the bench for a whole season, but then there are people who are ambitious. What he said was right. The situation (of playing a max of 25 games) he is now doesn't and won't give him the necessary improvement he seeks. We have been lucky so-to-say that since the start of last season till date, we have played in every game of every competitions. How about if it were not so? That means na like 10 to 15 matches my guy go dey keep? cheesy And we hope he would be the future with that?

Walai, I won't accept that the team got things right when Bravo got back. Honestly, the team was off during that period, it was just unfortunate like I stated earlier on that MATs was the goalie at the time.

Every good and even great goalies need time to improve. Imagine how I tout De Gea now. Yet, he was benched by Ferguson at a time when things were rough for him. And today the guy is something else. IMO, on current form, I will rate him the best, even ahead of Neuer. Little wonder Madrid are dying to get his services. So MATs needs more game time. The more the gametime, the better for him and for us too.

Make we dey see sha. Not like I believe the rumours making rounds though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 01, 2016
If Jordi Masip starts complaining nko? grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2016
GBR1:

Bellerin's acceleration is better and his recorded top speed is higher than Alba's. Make of that what you will.
I laughed when I read his post.

Bellerin is a speed-daemon. The guy is super fast. Alba stands no chance where he is. Alba won't even see Walcott's tail lights, much more Bellerin.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:41am On Apr 01, 2016
bykebyke:
If Jordi Masip starts complaining nko? grin grin
Abeg who be that one? Na Madrid player name be that? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 10:44am On Apr 01, 2016
How can only Ronaldo and Bale are faster than Alba in LA liga?

It's a pity I don't do gifs. Whoever watched Arsenal vs Barca @ Emirates saw clearly that Bellerin outpaced Alba with ease.

Someone should watch the build up to our 1st goal at the Emirates and see when Neymar and Bellerin started running when the ball was with Suarez. Neymar outpaced Bellerin off the ball with so much ease, and even when Neymar collected the ball, Bellerin could not still catch him.

I can boldly say Neymar, Mathieu, Messi and Vidal are faster than Alba on and off the ball.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:46am On Apr 01, 2016
Let's not even forget that Bravo made the same complain recently. And his too is understandable I must say. He has not played in any cup or Champions League game since he arrived. I mean, everyone wants to play the Champions League. And to see that UEFA didn't include his name in the official list of players that won last season was very saddening.

So it's normal to complain about getting more game time. Na people like Mikel go dey Barça bench throughout a season or even 2 and him no go complain.cheesy Anyone who is half ambitious would definitely complain.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 01, 2016
dmcdad:

Abeg who be that one? Na Madrid player name be that? cheesy
Na the person weh go deh goalpost for us tomorrow night. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:52am On Apr 01, 2016
Debroslink:

It's a pity I don't do gifs. Whoever watched Arsenal vs Barca @ Emirates saw clearly that Bellerin outpaced Alba with ease.

Someone should watch the build up to our 1st goal at the Emirates and see when Neymar and Bellerin started running when the ball was with Suarez. Neymar outpaced Bellerin off the ball with so much ease, and even when Neymar collected the ball, Bellerin could not still catch him.

I can boldly say Neymar, Mathieu, Messi and Vidal are faster than Alba on and off the ball.
Someone I also forgot to mention yesterday was Vidal. Vidal is another fast player, and from what I have read even before he came to Barca, that he was faster.

Even Óscar de Marcos of Bilbao who is not exactly known with pace outpaced Alba in one of the games we played against them this year.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:53am On Apr 01, 2016
bykebyke:

Na the person weh go deh goalpost for us tomorrow night. grin
If na so I no go bother watch the match sef. Make I save myself from excessive stress of the heart.cheesy

Masip good sha ooooo. But... cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 01, 2016
GBR1:

You are a tool!...tell me one wrong thing I said about speed, velocity and acceleration up there...

...if you scanned through the previous pages then you'd know that the cynosure of the furore were Alba and Mathieu...not Alba and Bellerin...

I don't have the luxury of time like most to watch football matches save for the very important ones so I've not really seen Bellerin play and only gave Alba the benefit of the doubt using accumulated fatigue as baseline for doing so(that of course would seem beyond the pale to bigots)...this is what I said "I don't buy into the Bellerin story...." - meaning I'm not convinced that he's faster than Alba now but over time there's the tendency that I see the truth in that assertion...

That wasn't hard to comprehend, was it? Now move on....

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 01, 2016
Krasid is viewing,Expecting him to come and say Marcelo is faster than Alba. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 01, 2016
bykebyke:
Krasid is viewing,Expecting him to come and say Marcelo is faster than Alba. grin

Marcelo is faster on the ball - but Alba is faster off the ball...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 01, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Marcelo is faster on the ball - but Alba is faster off the ball...
I disagree.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 01, 2016
bykebyke:
I disagree.
Why? Which one of them is more faster on/off the ball to you?..
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 01, 2016
Debroslink:

In other words, Neymar is faster than Bellerin and Bellerin is faster than Alba?

Neymar is faster than Alba? grin grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 11:22am On Apr 01, 2016
bykebyke:
Pointless argument.Bellerin > Alba > Marcelo > Matthieu when it comes to speed.Who cares anyway? Marcelo is a better footballer/defender than all of them.I am sure you won't argue that.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 01, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Why? Which one of them is more faster on/off the ball to you?..
Alba..The few times I have seen Marcelo play,he didn't strike me as a fast player,I think Coentrao is even faster than him sef.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 01, 2016
Krasid:
Pointless argument.Bellerin > Alba > Marcelo > Matthieu when it comes to speed.Who cares anyway? Marcelo is a better footballer/defender than all of them.I am sure you won't argue that.
Yes..A better footballer and defender that was among the Madrid team that chopped 5-0 and 4-0 at the hands of Barcelona...Good defending job he did in both matches.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GBR1(m): 11:37am On Apr 01, 2016
darkenedrebel:

You are a tool!...tell me one wrong thing I said about speed, velocity and acceleration up there...
...if you scanned through the previous pages then you'd know that the cynosure of the furore were Alba and Mathieu...not Alba and Bellerin...
I don't have the luxury of time like most to watch football matches save for the very important ones so I've not really seen Bellerin play and only gave Alba the benefit of the doubt using accumulated fatigue as baseline for doing so(that of course would seem beyond the pale to bigots)...this is what I said "I don't buy into the Bellerin story...." - meaning I'm not convinced that's he's faster than Alba now but over time there's the tendency that I see the truth in that assertion...
That wasn't hard to comprehend was it? Now move on....
I knew you just wouldn't shut up until you get completely obliterated.

Büllshit...not according to Marca newspaper or me...

•Speed = scalar quantity/magnitude component of velocity (without direction)

•Velocity = has magnitude and direction

•Acceleration = vector quantity

To accelerate an object = Velocity has to be altered...
-If sign of velocity (+ or -) is the same as the acceleration = object speeds up
-If the signs are opposite = the object decelerates...
Altering the speed of a body alone would make that body experience acceleration. Changing the velocity ( though would work too) is a stretch too far as a condition for acceleration. You didn't know this, did you?
Regardless, I addressed the comparison between Bellerin (or "Bellanin" according to you) and Alba where you said nonsense. You don't need to watch Bellerin play to know he's faster than Alba. It's all on the internet and you should get your facts right before trying to act as a tutor for physics on the internet when your knowledge of the subject is elementary at best.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by erusen: 12:07pm On Apr 01, 2016
today just be like Saturday, abeg I can't wait again joor
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 12:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
bellerin is faster dan alba on and off d ball,no argument,nevetheless we do miss alba's pace whenever he is absent.

marcelo is not a super fast player but a better player dan all of dem,

mt prediction barca 2 madrid 1

(1) (2) (3) ... (1428) (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) ... (6191) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.