Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4599858 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (6192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:48pm On Jan 13, 2015
honeric01:

Yet some people wanted Enrique's head for playing him at this position in some of the previous matches as if this wasn't where he started from. truth is that Messi can blossom anywhere in that front line, all the 3 enjoyed playing in their positions in that last game.
Ermmm I don't remember anybody complaining about Messi playing on the right!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 11:10pm On Jan 13, 2015
homesteady:

Ermmm I don't remember anybody complaining about Messi playing on the right!

You wan start again abi? undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 1:07am On Jan 14, 2015
honeric01:

You wan start again abi? undecided
Lol... cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 1:26am On Jan 14, 2015
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:21am On Jan 14, 2015
I actually think Messi and CR7 are better than other players that have come before them. Save maybe Pele and Cryuff in their respective eras.
Football is a lot more demanding now, physically, mentally, and tactically. Nonetheless, it has never happened before that two individual players would so totally dominant in the sport. No one else even comes to mind when the Ballon D'Or voting takes place.

Forget that they haven't won the World Cup, these guys are dominating the sport! It doesn't even look like either of them plan to slow down any time soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by barackohandso(m): 10:33am On Jan 14, 2015
AjanleKoko:
I actually think Messi and CR7 are better than other players that have come before them. Save maybe Pele and Cryuff in their respective eras.
Football is a lot more demanding now, physically, mentally, and tactically. Nonetheless, it has never happened before that two individual players would so totally dominant in the sport. No one else even comes to mind when the Ballon D'Or voting takes place.

Forget that they haven't won the World Cup, these guys are dominating the sport! It doesn't even look like either of them plan to slow down any time soon.

We might have to wait till 2020 before another player wins the ballon d'or
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by onuwaje(m): 10:41am On Jan 14, 2015
barackohandso:

We might have to wait till 2020 before another player wins the ballon d'or
Or d. Disappearance of one.. (tru retirement) for now... between nw and. 5yrs tym
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 10:44am On Jan 14, 2015
athletico deserve real ballon dor recognition http://m.goal.com/x/en/news/7935942
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 10:49am On Jan 14, 2015
bykebyke:

www.marca.com
How do I change the language on this site to English?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:05am On Jan 14, 2015
AjanleKoko:

You are wrong. Try and remember the 90s era. Fact is, there were so many mega stars during that period and that was why it kept changing hands. C Ronaldo cannot even be compared to Ronaldo de Lima's left leg. He can't compare to George Weah's left thigh. Then came along Rivaldo and much later Ronaldinho. Even before the 90s, we had Marco van Basten. Check out Marco's scoring ratio (devoid of silly penalties). As far as I am concerned, Messi remains a standout; far above C Ronaldo. But he got himself caught up in a useless arms race with C Ronaldo (engineered by Real Madrid). It was Real Madrid's idea to TRY and prop up a "competitor" to Messi. I remember an interview Guardiola did back in 2010. He said "I feel sorry for those trying to claim Messi's throne".
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 14, 2015
mcdreeezy:
How do I change the language on this site to English?
www.marca.com/en/
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 11:58am On Jan 14, 2015
Baddestguyp:
athletico deserve real ballon dor recognition http://m.goal.com/x/en/news/7935942

Diego Simeone should have won that Coach of the year, he deserves it the most!
Low was just reaping the fruits of a long term proper planing, BTW, since after the worldcup, they've been getting negative results
Ancelloti also deserves it, but when you consider the fact the he has not even 1 but 2 players whose respective prices can buy the whole of Diego Simeone's squad, then you'll see why Diego deserves it more

this part is so funny -
Simeone and his troops will be keen to avenge this
injustice on Thursday when Ronaldo parades his
trophy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by parrotibaba(m): 6:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
logica:
You are wrong. Try and remember the 90s era. Fact is, there were so many mega stars during that period and that was why it kept changing hands. C Ronaldo cannot even be compared to Ronaldo de Lima's left leg. He can't compare to George Weah's left thigh. Then came along Rivaldo and much later Ronaldinho. Even before the 90s, we had Marco van Basten. Check out Marco's scoring ratio (devoid of silly penalties). As far as I am concerned, Messi remains a standout; far above C Ronaldo. But he got himself caught up in a useless arms race with C Ronaldo (engineered by Real Madrid). It was Real Madrid's idea to TRY and prop up a "competitor" to Messi. I remember an interview Guardiola did back in 2010. He said "I feel sorry for those trying to claim Messi's throne".
so is Messi better Dan d likes of George weah n de Lima? obviously u will say yes ,how? cos he won 4 ballon d'ors ,Ronaldo has 3 ballon d'ors ,so how he can't be compared to weah's left thigh according to u is beyond me ...u can't compare dos days to now n dats why d maradona/Messi comparison irks me, I have watched maradona's old clips n trust me ,if dis Messi was dia ,he would be banging in 100 goals per season, n so will cr7 ,d game has modernized ,toughened up, it's stronger now ,better n still dis two guys r still on top of it for years now ...whether u like it or not ,de r d best since football started.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 7:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
parrotibaba:
so is Messi better Dan d likes of George weah n de Lima? obviously u will say yes ,how? cos he won 4 ballon d'ors ,Ronaldo has 3 ballon d'ors ,so how he can't be compared to weah's left thigh according to u is beyond me ...u can't compare dos days to now n dats why d maradona/Messi comparison irks me, I have watched maradona's old clips n trust me ,if dis Messi was dia ,he would be banging in 100 goals per season, n so will cr7 ,d game has modernized ,toughened up, it's stronger now ,better n still dis two guys r still on top of it for years now ...whether u like it or not ,de r d best since football started.
I will keep it simple and short; C Ronaldo should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Messi; never mind the fact I just did. It's a paradox. wink Oh, and I won't bother with explanations; it's of course my opinion. You have a right to yours.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 7:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
homesteady:

Diego Simeone should have won that Coach of the year, he deserves it the most!
Why do you guys bother yourselves? These awards are by votes; which means the winner is not always the most deserving but simply the most popular. Simeone is not liked by a lot of people.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
logica:
Why do you guys bother yourselves? These awards are by votes; which means the winner is not always the most deserving but simply the most popular. Simeone is not liked by a lot of people.
No one could be more deserving than El Cholo... Today's football is more of a popularity contest.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
logica:
true true!
Also its either some players/coaches are silly or they don't watch football! Because it's so baffling on how David Luis made the 1st 11!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by parrotibaba(m): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
logica:
I will keep it simple and short; C Ronaldo should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Messi; never mind the fact I just did. It's a paradox. wink Oh, and I won't bother with explanations; it's of course my opinion. You have a right to yours.
give me a good reason
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
homesteady:

true true!
Also its either some players/coaches are silly or they don't watch football! Because it's so baffling on how David Luis made the 1st 11!

If voting were left to Journalists alone, then the results will speak for themselves!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
parrotibaba:
messi is seen to be better cos of the way he plays and not becos of.how many ballon dor awards
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by parrotibaba(m): 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
Baddestguyp:
messi is seen to be better cos of the way he plays and not becos of.how many ballon dor awards
which way does he play?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Baddestguyp(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
parrotibaba:
which way does he play?
I can't describe but his movement with the ball, his reflexes, his passes, the flicks he does....

I hardly watch any messi game without being amazed at how good he is....even when he doesn't score...

I once hated barca so much but messi captivated me...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
homesteady:

true true!

Whereas defence marshals like Diego Godin and Jiao Miranda were absent. Smh...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
parrotibaba:
which way does he play?
His overall contributions and not just goals.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
philfearon:

If voting were left to Journalists alone, then the results will speak for themselves!!

Exactly! Apart from the fact that they are very current, I'm sure they'll not be biased like all these footballers!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
dmcdad:

Whereas defence marshals like Diego Godin and Jiao Miranda were absent. Smh...

all footballers should be ashamed of themselves for committing such a big crime!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by parrotibaba(m): 9:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
Baddestguyp:
I can't describe but his movement with the ball, his reflexes, his passes, the flicks he does....

I hardly watch any messi game without being amazed at how good he is....even when he doesn't score...

I once hated barca so much but messi captivated me...
dis things u mentioned ,r not what makes Messi a living legend ,it's his achievements ,trophies ,individual awards etcetera ,why do u think sm ppl still think dat Maradona is better dan Messi? cos d former won d world cup while d later didn't ,it doesn't matter d way u play ,what matters is ur achievements, Cr7 @ manutd was more of a dribbler with d ball ,he wowed crowds with his skills n d dexterity at doing it but we all know he ain't dat player anymore ,he is more of a goal getter now cos dats what matters ,Messi has broken many records but d records r goals not records in skills display or fancy tricks ,n dat made him d world's best for years ,d fact dat Pele is regarded as d greatest player for Brazil is cos he scored more Dan a thousand goals in his playing career n dat he won trophies not cos of his movement on d ball or his skill...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by parrotibaba(m): 9:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
dmcdad:

His overall contributions and not just goals.
what r d contributions if not d goals n d trophies he wins 4 barca?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 10:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
parrotibaba:
As much as I wouldn't want to be drawn in debate with you, I still think this can answer some of your questions. In the 5-0 thrashing of Madrid years back, Messi did not score a goal and yet decided the match.(MOTM) CR7 was in the team and was silent all night. #contributions!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
homesteady:

all footballers should be ashamed of themselves for committing such a big crime!
It's just absurd.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
parrotibaba:
shocked lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) ... (6192) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.