Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4610213 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6139) (6140) (6141) (6142) (6143) (6144) (6145) ... (6196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OhBritannia(m): 10:02pm On Mar 18
PJtech:

Let me save this post till another coach replace Xavi

I'll like to know how you'll react looking back to this post
So do you now prefer we keep xavi?

It's not like we hate xavi but his favoritism to Spanish players can destabilize the team.

If we as fans watching from home can see that he favours Spanish players, then the players will most definitely know.

We never can tell, it might be one reason the players were not giving their best in the past, you know that it's not all matters that happens withing the club that comes out in public.

All i am saying is that we need a coach that won't work with sentiment.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OhBritannia(m): 10:04pm On Mar 18
Many players are using style to withdraw from international matches but none of Barcelona's player has withdrawn.

Na wa o
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 11:49pm On Mar 18
OhBritannia:

It's not like we hate xavi but his favoritism to Spanish players can destabilize the team.

If we as fans watching from home can see that he favours Spanish players, then the players will most definitely know.

We never can tell, it might be one reason the players were not giving their best in the past, you know that it's not all matters that happens withing the club that comes out in public.

You should understand that Barcelona is a Spanish club, first and fore most. It has an academy where they train local and international young talents, with a view to one day promoting them to the senior team. The ethos of the club lies in La Masia where they teach the Cryuff's ideas to as much Spanish talents as possible.

When you say they favor Spanish players, then it means you don't understand the ideals of the club you are supporting. FC Barcelona is meant to favor the local Spanish talents above others.

Even Athletic Bilbao does not even accept players outside of the Basque region, let alone the whole of Spain. For them, a definition of success is when they have been able to harvest as much talents as possible from within their region. Winning UCL with players from outside the region does not meet their criteria for success as a football club.

In Barca, International players are bought to complement the local Spanish talents. There is a clear sentimental attachment to local grown talents. In fact, it is part of Xavi's job description to always integrate and favor players from the academy and from within Spain, as much as possible. That is what makes the club what they are today. This is what defines there uniqueness as a football club. That is a source of pride for FC Barcelona.

FC Barcelona is not like Real Madrid where they source galactico talents from wherever they can find. La fabrica talents are not valued as much and they often end up selling them for profit.

Any Barca coach's success is defined partly by how well they are able to integrate the talents from the academy to the senior team. It is not enough to win trophies. You have to win trophies while playing good, recognizable cryuff-styled football and also integrating local talents while you are at it.

This is why it is very difficult to be a Barca coach.

At Real Madrid on the other hand, it is enough to win trophies. Playing a certain brand of football and using talents from La Fabrica is not a requirement at all.

This is why you need to understand the club you are supporting, so you know how to manage your expectations. These are well-established institutions, with a well-defined ways of doing things.

Yes all International talents are welcome at FC Barcelona but local and Spanish talents takes more precedent. This is the ideals of the club. It is not partiality.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OhBritannia(m): 12:53am On Mar 19
jpmoriarti:
You should understand that Barcelona is a Spanish club, first and fore most. It has an academy where they train local and international young talents, with a view to one day promoting them to the senior team. The ethos of the club lies in La Masia where they teach the Cryuff's ideas to as much Spanish talents as possible.

When you say they favor Spanish players, then it means you don't understand the ideals of the club you are supporting. FC Barcelona is meant to favor the local Spanish talents above others.

Even Athletic Bilbao does not even accept players outside of the Basque region, let alone the whole of Spain. For them, a definition of success is when they have been able to harvest as much talents as possible from within their region. Winning UCL with players from outside the region does not meet their criteria for success as a football club.

In Barca, International players are bought to complement the local Spanish talents. There is a clear sentimental attachment to local grown talents. In fact, it is part of Xavi's job description to always integrate and favor players from the academy and from within Spain, as much as possible. That is what makes the club what they are today. This is what defines there uniqueness as a football club. That is a source of pride for FC Barcelona.

FC Barcelona is not like Real Madrid where they source galactico talents from wherever they can find. La fabrica talents are not valued as much and they often end up selling them for profit.

Any Barca coach's success is defined partly by how well they are able to integrate the talents from the academy to the senior team. It is not enough to win trophies. You have to win trophies while playing good, recognizable cryuff-styled football and also integrating local talents while you are at it.

At Real Madrid on the other hand, it is enough to win trophies. Playing a certain brand of football and using talents from La Fabrica is not a requirement at all.

This is why you need to understand the club you are supporting, so you know how to manage your expectations. These are well-established institutions, with a well-defined ways of doing things.

Yes all International talents are welcome at FC Barcelona but local and Spanish talents takes more precedent. This is the ideals of the club. It is not partiality.
I totally get all that you are saying, yes!! It's in Barcelona's DNA to always use Spanish players, especially from LA nadia, it's our tradition and culture, however the only issue i have had with xavi in the pastIs where sometimes instead of selecting a non Spanish player that's in form and that urgently fits a particular game, he will still ignore and select a Spanish player that is out of form.

It's something i believe all cule have noticed with xavi which has caused us many points especially in our campaign this year.

My point is, it doesn't matter if the player is Spanish or not, if he is inform, then use him as soon as possible.

For example, lately we all can agree that Lewandowski needs rest. Of course he is in form but we have the uefa champions league to worry about..
What happened if he nows gets injured unexpectedly?

He needs to start managing the fitness of Lewandowski by either taking him out and making use of Victor roque.

Any great coach is supposed to start grooming roque now for the permanent top 9 position just like halland, Samuel etoe, zlatan Ibrahimovic, Rooney and Co.
That's the kids natural position, so why not start managing the health of Lewandowski and then start grooming the kid to take over?

It's not like i dislike xavi, i like him and i respect him for all that he has done but his decision making most of the times doesn't help the team.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AdisaOwala: 6:55am On Mar 19
jpmoriarti:
You should understand that Barcelona is a Spanish club, first and fore most.It has an academy where they train local and international young talents, with a view to one day promoting them to the senior team. The ethos of the club lies in La Masia where they teach the Cryuff's ideas to as much Spanish talents as possible.

Is that why y'all 16yr olds are overburdened with excessive minutes on the pitch?

Players wey una suppose dey introduce gradually, una dey play them like say Dem don develop fully.

I think the La Masia ideology is currently being abused imo

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:53am On Mar 19
OhBritannia:
I totally get all that you are saying, yes!! It's in Barcelona's DNA to always use Spanish players, especially from LA nadia, it's our tradition and culture, however the only issue i have had with xavi in the pastIs where sometimes instead of selecting a non Spanish player that's in form and that urgently fits a particular game, he will still ignore and select a Spanish player that is out of form.

It's something i believe all cule have noticed with xavi which has caused us many points especially in our campaign this year.

My point is, it doesn't matter if the player is Spanish or not, if he is inform, then use him as soon as possible.

For example, lately we all can agree that Lewandowski needs rest. Of course he is in form but we have the uefa champions league to worry about..

He needs to start managing the fitness of Lewandowski by either taking him out and making use of Victor roque.

Any great coach is supposed to start grooming roque now for the permanent top 9 position just like halland, Samuel etoe, zlatan Ibrahimovic, Rooney and Co.
That's the kids natural position, so why not start managing the health of Lewandowski and then start grooming the kid to take over?

It's not like i dislike xavi, i like him and i respect him for all that he has done but his decision making most of the times doesn't help the team.
Can you provide evidence for the bolded?

You used Lewandoswki in your argument but Lewandoswki is not Spanish. He is from Poland. I don't see how it helps your argument that Xavi ignores others simply because they are not Spanish.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 1:57pm On Mar 19
OhBritannia:

Xavi should go as he already said he won’t change his mind which is not bad ,we should get an upgrade and not a downgrade to him

But which one is xavi is favoring Spanish players ? That’s a very rubbish talk

Which Spanish player is starting at Barca that doesn’t deserve to start ?

Xavi is favoriting spainsh yet he threw out romeu and converted Christensen to a DM instead of him to go look for a random la masia kid ,abeg no talk this rubbish again
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 2:00pm On Mar 19
OhBritannia:

I am sure he is refusing to rest lewandowski because he is Spanish grin

Even ferran torres Dey chop bench sometimes ,but Xavi is favoring Spanish players grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 2:02pm On Mar 19
AdisaOwala:

Is that why y'all 16yr olds are overburdened with excessive minutes on the pitch?

Players wey una suppose dey introduce gradually, una dey play them like say Dem don develop fully.

I think the La Masia ideology is currently being abused imo

Almost everyone in our frontline was injured at some point aside lewandowski that’s why yamal was playing ,so calm down

It’s only when it’s Barca you guys will call it excessive minutes oo ,but if it’s other team now it’s a normal thing
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 2:04pm On Mar 19
jpmoriarti:

Thanks for educating him on this
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 2:07pm On Mar 19
OhBritannia:
Many players are using style to withdraw from international matches but none of Barcelona's player has withdrawn.

Na wa o

The question you go first ask na how many of your players go ?

Joao felix and cancelo will not play Portugal first game as they won’t be available till their second game

Christensen has withdrawn,he will be so fresh when the international break is over

Ferran torres Dey house and he is almost ready

Lewandowski no Dey get injury

FDJ Dey house also ,Victor roque self Dey house and he is fresh and fit

I am only worried about gundogan and I hope the spain coach doesn’t play cubarsi
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 2:10pm On Mar 19
We will be here when kobbie maino plays plenty games and nobody will say anything about the game time because no be Barca player

Dem no born ETH well to bench that boy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:24pm On Mar 19
andrewbaba44:

Even ferran torres Dey chop bench sometimes ,but Xavi is favoring Spanish players grin
Of course no evidence to prove any favoritism. Just a case of giving a dog a bad name, to hang it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AdisaOwala: 5:26pm On Mar 19
andrewbaba44:

Almost everyone in our frontline was injured at some point aside lewandowski that’s why yamal was playing ,so calm down

It’s only when it’s Barca you guys will call it excessive minutes oo ,but if it’s other team now it’s a normal thing

It is not normal anywhere...

Garnacho/Maino even with the somewhat impressive performances we are seeing, are currently being overburdened and there are already fears that it could affect their development adversely

Y'all need to invest in players- if na to sell a portion of Camp Nou, so be it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OhBritannia(m): 5:28pm On Mar 19
andrewbaba44:

Any cule that is aware of what we passed through especially in the beginning of the season knows xavi favoures Spanish players all in the name of believing in them.

This isn't about Lewandoski at all and ferran before he was injured was a very perfect example.

But it is what it is, xavi should go because though Barcelona might be flying high but his favoritism at times does the club dirty.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by OhBritannia(m): 5:31pm On Mar 19
andrewbaba44:

Xavi should go as he already said he won’t change his mind which is not bad ,we should get an upgrade and not a downgrade to him

But which one is xavi is favoring Spanish players ? That’s a very rubbish talk

Which Spanish player is starting at Barca that doesn’t deserve to start ?

Xavi is favoriting spainsh yet he threw out romeu and converted Christensen to a DM instead of him to go look for a random la masia kid ,abeg no talk this rubbish again
You people be acting as if you all are blind as to what xavi was doing that's very obvious to even non cules.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 6:29pm On Mar 19
OhBritannia:
You people be acting as if you all are blind as to what xavi was doing that's very obvious to even non cules.

Baba you are the one acting blind now
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 6:32pm On Mar 19
AdisaOwala:

It is not normal anywhere...

Garnacho/Maino even with the somewhat impressive performances we are seeing, are currently being overburdened and there are already fears that it could affect their development adversely

Y'all need to invest in players- if na to sell a portion of Camp Nou, so be it!

We only need 2 signings to complete our team ,we don’t waste money anymore for useless signings like the bartomeu Era

We just signed a striker for 60M this January ,it’s one step at a time okay ,la masia will keep producing top talents and there is nothing you can do about that .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by WhoDeyHause: 6:55pm On Mar 19
andrewbaba44:

We only need 2 signings to complete our team ,we don’t waste money anymore for useless signings like the bartomeu Era

We just signed a striker for 60M this January ,it’s one step at a time okay ,la masia will keep producing top talents and there is nothing you can do about that .
You will always be arguing like somebody is fighting with you. Where did he drag your la gbasia children? He's saying you guys should go and hustle hard to get money to buy players so your club's children won't be overplayed and get Injuries that will affect them like gbedri. You have turned it to fight as usual.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 7:03pm On Mar 19
I no Dey answer clown

When it’s time to troll your mid table club we can discuss

For now keep being jealous of Barca will kee you 😜😜😜

No be me tell una owner to spend 1 billion and yet you don’t have quality player than a certain broke club 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Stay pained

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:09pm On Mar 19
WhoDeyHause:

You will always be arguing like somebody is fighting with you. Where did he drag your la gbasia children? He's saying you guys should go and hustle hard to get money to buy players so your club's children won't be overplayed and get Injuries that will affect them like gbedri. You have turned it to fight as usual.
They're our kids. Na we dey produce them. If we overplay one, we'll get another one. So many kids in La Masia, wishing for opportunity in the first team. I don't know why you're drinking panadol for our headache 😂
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 9:14pm On Mar 19
jpmoriarti:
They're our kids. Na we dey produce them. If we overplay one, we'll get another one. So many kids in La Masia, wishing for opportunity in the first team. I don't know why you're drinking panadol for our headache 😂

He is in tears ,he went to the extent of sucking Madrid duck to try and make himself happy

I am enjoying his pains grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 7:16pm On Mar 20
I don't know why Barcelona is pricing out fans especially the young ones, from attending the Barcelona vs PSG next month. The seat prices are very expensive 😑 We will have to dig deep into the pocket to be able to attend this one.

This is not Camp Nou. Common on.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:00pm On Mar 20
Beautiful new renders of Camp Nou. Can't wait for it to be finished

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 1:38pm On Mar 21
Xavi suspended for 2 games after his red card against Atletico.

He'll miss our upcoming matches against Las Palmas and Cadiz.

He'll be available for the el Classico against Vardrid on 12th of April.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 2:25pm On Mar 21
jpmoriarti:
Beautiful new renders of Camp Nou. Can't wait for it to be finished

Old camp nou was the best ,let alone this

Can’t wait for the 100k capacity to be completed

Highest in Europe

Everywhere go choke as usual
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 5:40pm On Mar 21
(DE JONG): The doctors have assured Xavi that, in principle, Frenkie de Jong will be available for the first leg against PSG. The recovery from his sprained ankle is very positive and everything indicates that he will be 100% for that match.
#FCB 🇳🇱

Via: @fansjavimiguel [as]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 10:17pm On Mar 22
Mikael Faye

What a player

Won’t be happy to see him leave the team ,I don’t even know how he will fit in
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 10:18pm On Mar 22
jpmoriarti:
(DE JONG): The doctors have assured Xavi that, in principle, Frenkie de Jong will be available for the first leg against PSG. The recovery from his sprained ankle is very positive and everything indicates that he will be 100% for that match.
#FCB 🇳🇱

Via: @fansjavimiguel [as]

They should not rush him abeg

He is one of our best midfielders,but we are fine with Christensen gundogan fermin if he isn’t fit ,psg midfield no get KDB and Rodri

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 11:04pm On Mar 22
Yamal you are covered with the blood of Jesus, injuries no near my boy abeg sad

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 11:06pm On Mar 22
andrewbaba44:
Mikael Faye

What a player

Won’t be happy to see him leave the team ,I don’t even know how he will fit in
If he's not going to be involved in the first team next season then he should definitely go on loan, I honestly thought he would have his first team debut before Cubarsi but all good, he still has to refine a few things as he's still in Barça atletic
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 7:41am On Mar 23
Kilishihunter:

If he's not going to be involved in the first team next season then he should definitely go on loan, I honestly thought he would have his first team debut before Cubarsi but all good, he still has to refine a few things as he's still in Barça atletic

Barca should loan him out for next season ,that same next season is inigo Martinez last season ,once he returns Martinez contract would have expired and he will replace Martinez

Bro we are good to go in defense for years ,we don’t need any purchase

(1) (2) (3) ... (6139) (6140) (6141) (6142) (6143) (6144) (6145) ... (6196) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ELIJAHARMONICA7(m), oliverano and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.