Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4593386 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2015
Krasid:
According to barca fans only messi had problems in the last two years and he was the only player out of form.Everybody had their own share of problems, but unfortunately for messi he just could not handle his.
thank God u said he couldnt handle his.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2015
PAUL SCHOLES POEM ON MESSI:

Updated:08:06, 20 February 2015It was a moment I will never forget. He went past me, I stuck out my leg and Lionel Messi went over. This was at Old Trafford in 2008 in the second leg of our Champions League semi-final against Barcelona and, with the score 1-0 to us, I had fouled him in our area.When I think about our win over Barcelona in that game, on our way to the second Champions League title of the Sir Alex Ferguson era, I always remember that tackle. Yes, I scored theonly goal of the tie, and it was one of my better ones. But I will never forget that couple of seconds when the best footballer in the world deceived me into fouling him and I waited for the world to fall in.It should have been a penalty to Barcelona, and an away goal would have won them the tie. But for some reason the referee didn’t give it, the game moved on and even Messi did not make much of a fuss. The relief was overwhelming for a few moments – and then I was back into the game.He got his own back in the end. I faced Messi four times in my career, twice over the two legs in 2008 and then, as a substitute, in the Champions League finals of 2009 and 2011, when Barcelona beat us comfortably both times. Messi is back in Manchester next week, to face Manchester City again in the Champions League round of 16, and it is never a bad day when you can watch one of the best footballers ever pull on a pair of boots.There have been so many superlatives to describe Messi’s career that you find yourself just adding to the pile of words about him. So these are some ofthe little things that you learn when you play against the man himself which you might not see on the television. First off, he never speaks onthe pitch. In fact, I don’t think I ever heard him say a word. Second, you won’t believe how strong he is for a little man.I am not ashamed to admit that in the games against Barcelona I spent a lot of the time just hoping he would take up positions as far away from me as possible.Elusive is the word that immediately springs to mind when I think about Messi’s style of play. You think you have an eye on him and then – blink – he has gone, only to reappear somewhere else in space, with the ball. When you try to face up to him and make a tackle you know what it is he is going to do with the ball. The problem is staying with him.He avoids the highs and lows of football. You rarely see him go over thetop in a goal celebration, just as he never gets too downhearted. That’s a quality I think that I shared when I wasa player. The game changes so quicklyand you have to get yourself in a position mentally where you can deal with whatever is thrown at you.I have never seen a United performance with such a high level of concentration as when we beat Barcelona at Old Trafford. For every second of that game, and the first leg at the Nou Camp, we had to be aware of our positioning, of the dangers they posed and our shape as a team as a whole. We spent the whole week working on it with Sir Alex and the staff. We knew exactly what we shouldbe doing at all times. Then we had to do it over two games.The two finals were different. In preparation, we thought less about them and more about what we could do. We had Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney for the first one in Rome and we believed we could hurt them. Perhaps we underestimated them.When you prepare to play Barcelona you go through the usual weaknesses. Gerard Pique lacks a bit of pace. JavierMascherano is not really a centre-half (the position he played in 2011). But you can only exploit those weaknesseswhen you have the ball. We had 37 per cent possession in the 2011 game and we were used to having a lot more.There was never any specific plan to deal with Messi, simply that whoever was nearest picked him up. Rio Ferdinand had two great games against him in 2008 but no one keeps him quiet every time. As a finisher, there are few players as composed as Messi. When you can score as many different kinds of goal as he can, you have every reason to be confident.People say that I played under pressure, as a Manchester boy at United where we were expected to win every week. But it is nothing comparedto the pressure Messi is under, and Cristiano too. They go a game without scoring a goal and people want to know why. Not just fans either but former players who should know better. We expect it of them now and that they keep doing it is incredible.Messi is as famous as any footballer has ever been and yet, when it comes down to it, we don’t know much about him. I read that he is a family man, andlikes to walk his dogs, but beyond that he’s a mystery really. I like that. Especially these days, when people’s feelings about every issue are there to be read on Twitter or wherever. Keep something of yourself back. It is a strength.I am looking forward to seeing him play at the Etihad Stadium on Tuesdayand if City want a result then their concentration and focus will have to be as good as it has ever been to makesure they are in the right place at the right time for 90 minutes. It only takes a second for that little No 10 to trick you into doing something daft. And you can’t always rely on the ref not to see it.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 20, 2015
Culled from ^^^
You rarely see him go over the top in a goal celebration

grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
Barcelona's main training pitch now officially named after ex-coach Tito Vilanova.

9 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2015
bykebyke:
Culled from ^^^

grin
That's why he is boring.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
Krasid:
That's why he is boring.
Indeed..and it makes the other livelyundecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 6:47am On Feb 21, 2015
Krasid:
That's why he is boring.
Bro,your own hating is childish! You talk like all this kids that stay on street corners arguing blatantly and unintelligibly!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:16am On Feb 21, 2015
philfearon:

Bro,your own hating is childish! You talk like all this kids that stay on street corners arguing blatantly and unintelligibly!!
You get time sef...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:54am On Feb 21, 2015
[size=50] MATCH DAY!!! [/size]

Barcelona vs Malaga
Camp Nou — Barcelona
Referee: Juan Martínez
4pm

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 8:28am On Feb 21, 2015
philfearon:
PAUL SCHOLES POEM ON MESSI:
Nice article!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 8:30am On Feb 21, 2015
sebod:

Nice article!
yea!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 11:21am On Feb 21, 2015
Squad (vs Malaga): Bravo, Ter Stegen, Alves, Pique, Bartra, Mascherano, Mathieu, Adriano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Xavi, Iniesta, Rafinha, Pedro, Messi, Suarez, Neymar.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 21, 2015
I'm not asking for too much - all I need is another Leo Messi treble, and a clean sheet. Dazall.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 11:44am On Feb 21, 2015
Austeenx:
I'm not asking for too much - all I need is another Leo Messi treble, and a clean sheet. Dazall.
Messi cannot score 3 against Malaga, highest he will get is 1.If i can remember clearly barca didn't get a shot on target in the 1st leg.I see barca dropping two points today.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
Krasid:
Messi cannot score 3 against Malaga, highest he will get is 1.If i can remember clearly barca didn't get a shot on target in the 1st leg.I see barca dropping two points today.
Okay we hear
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
Krasid:

What the F is Malaga that he cannot score 3 times against them?
Okay, 2 goals and 1 assist.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 12:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
Krasid:
[size=90]O.K[/size]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
Barcelona line-up (official): Bravo - Alves Pique Mathieu Alba - Rafinha Busquets Iniesta - Messi Suarez Neymar.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dein77(m): 4:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
Krasid:

You grossly underrate you....But you know he can do more than what's being asked here!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dein77(m): 4:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
Game on. Expecting an early goal from our strikers.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
Na wa for this sport center oh! 5mins gone and the match the s not yet showing!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Krasid(m): 4:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
dein77:

You grossly underrate you....But you know he can do more than what's being asked here!
2011-2012 Messi can score 4 against Malaga easily, but the current messi can't.He even said that his body does not respond as it used to.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dein77(m): 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
homesteady:
Na wa for this sport center oh! 5mins gone and the match the s not yet showing!

We're a goal down. Crazy defense error. Crazy.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dein77(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
Krasid:
2011-2012 Messi can score 4 against Malaga easily, but the current messi can't.He even said that his body does not respond as it used to.

He can still. You didn't expect to have said he can still score 4 goals!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
Dani Alves sef eh angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dein77(m): 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
bykebyke:
Dani Alves sef eh angry

As in ehhh. ...
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 4:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by pamcode(m): 4:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
Austeenx:
well no cleansheet today somebody just broke ur heart
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
I just watched the goal! Alves should be ashamed of himself!

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 4:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
We can't afford to loose this match, Malaga are really parking the bus well.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
homesteady:
I just watched the goal! Alves should be ashamed of himself!
Yet he's asking for a renewal. angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
bykebyke:

Yet he's asking for a renewal. angry
Not just a renewal... But 3 years renewal. Like WTF!

(1) (2) (3) ... (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.