Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4588355 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (6187) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 9:26am On Aug 04, 2012
eyoniggar: Thanks peeps, I really appreciate your congratulatory messages. I cnt wait for today's friendly match with PSG,does any1 know what time the match wud kick off?
....its 18:45
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 10:42am On Aug 04, 2012
Congratz Eyo, How every for ur end?

Salute 2 all ma cules in da house!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
~Royal~:
Víctor Valdés is a fhhucking bum man....lol....I still can't believe he ran all the way out while Ramires had ball on the wing...

Scrub Cost us that Game, he's a Horrible Keeper

To blame VV is to blame the entire team for a poor showing! Tell me, which goalkeeper in the world can come top notch when he's rarely tested for almost the entire duration of play; week-in week-out? C'mon, there are many a games that he barely has course to make any save or even kick the ball. Many of such times if he had wanted, he could bring a novel over to the pitch and read, even better still leave the post and take his dog for a walk (the match against Arsenal comes to mind here). That is the situation with this Barca team. Believe me, a Casilas wouldn't improve any better given such situations. However, the few occasions he got tested, he proved his mettle and justifies, IMO, why he deserves credit. On the whole, he looks an above average goalkeeper to me. Point only provable when faced with stellar competition.

Yahoo1: Mcleo,check it out...although we need adequate back up after sedoy keita left,but mascherano can play there and play in the CB position too,but we have only two experienced real CB;puyol and pique,the former is really old,and wee shuld limit his playing time because of unwanted injury wich dealth with us a real blow,last season wasnt that we couldnt score,it was that we conceeded ordinary goals which on a normal circumstances wouldnt be a goal! And then Victor valdes is good but damn,that keeper does unlikely things! I think pinto is not an adequate competition,we need 2 sign a keeper,or even so promote oier olazabal! I kn V.V is a good user of his feet,bt lets be realistic he is prone to mistakes,but over-all! I tink agger wuld be a good signing!

Now u are talking! We need a cover for Busi. A workaholic and utility player. Besides, Maschy is not the kinda DM to thrive in our style of play, real reason he was converted. wE ONLY have one true DM, all others are CMFs/AMFs.

BTW, i think if played in a DM position, Piquenbeuar would do just well.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
Yeah..besides he used 2 be a dfm via pique
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2012
Line up vs PSG: Valdes; Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Planas; Busquets, Roberto, Rafinha; Alexis, Messi, Afellay
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2012
Rafinha 1-0. Great work by Alexis to set it up.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
The work rate and fitness our players are displaying is really impressive.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
Both Roberto & Rafinha have been excellent. Very good to see them playing deeper on pitch. It's their future path to 1st team.

2nd half begins. Pinto, Bartra, JDS, Montoya on for Valdes, Puyol, Busi, Planas.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2012
That aint no penalty Alexis.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:01pm On Aug 04, 2012
Messi makes it 2-0 from the spot. Didn't look like a penalty though
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
2-1 Ibra from the spot
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
The big boys are on. Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Pedro, Pique on for Roberto, Ibi, Rafinha, Alexis and Masch
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
Tello on for Alves. JDS now at RB. Xavi playing DM
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
2-2. Camara levels things up for PSG from a corner. Some really poor marking there.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2012
FT 2-2. Match goes into penalties.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2012
4-1 on penalties the final score.

Barca are champions of Paris
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
PSG is not looking bad sha. Of course I didn't expect our boys to slaughter them like Raja (a game which I still think was a farce).

I hope PSG can go all the way this term. French teams have been the whipping boys in Europe for a while now. I don't see Montpellier faring any different.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
Funny enough, i left the viewing centre at full time, unaware that a winner must emerge. I just saw that we won the shoot out now. I'm glad then!
IMO, did Pinto save his pks?

Like Medjai said, i observed the great work rate put up by our players esp in the first half. We dropped when the big boys came on at the interval. It is understandable,though.
I believe we need a CB. I think they see it now. We cannot be throwing away leads like last season again. We should be able to hang on.
I wish PSG well. They 'll really be a great force to contend with.
I wish us well also. We'll have a fantasic season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
Funny enough, i left the viewing centre at full time, unaware that a winner must emerge. I just saw that we won the shoot out now. I'm glad then!

Like Medjai said, i observed the great work rate put up by our players esp in the first half. We dropped when the big boys came on at the interval. It is understandable,though.
I believe we need a CB. I think they see it now. We cannot be throwing away leads like last season again. We should be able to hang on.
I wish us well also. We'll have a fantasic season. We deserve it!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 6:50am On Aug 05, 2012
Yeah the work rate was incredible in the first half!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
Johnpaul88: Funny enough, i left the viewing centre at full time, unaware that a winner must emerge. I just saw that we won the shoot out now. I'm glad then!

Lol. I was also not aware of the game going into PK's after full time. I tuned to watch athletics only to find out on twitter that we had on penalties so I just watched the PK's on youtube. Pinto made two saves.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
Johnpaul88: Funny enough, i left the viewing centre at full time, unaware that a winner must emerge. I just saw that we won the shoot out now. I'm glad then!

Seems like you took this game really serious, JP.
I thought the players looked bored, and were just in it for the runout. Especially the Spain players. PSG played like it was the World Cup final grin

Is it my eyes, or did Leo look a tad overweight? shocked
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Seems like you took this game really serious, JP.
I thought the players looked bored, and were just in it for the runout. Especially the Spain players. PSG played like it was the World Cup final grin

Is it my eyes, or did Leo look a tad overweight? shocked
This game was actually the first Barca game under Tito i have seen, since i could not see the Tangier and Hamburg game. So i was kinda enthusiastic and took it some how serious, though it was only a friendly eventually. I nevertheless , enjoyed myself.

I also noticed the Messi apparent overweight but i feel he was just looking refreshed, that we'll get used to seeing him like that,just like before.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
medjai: Lol. I was also not aware of the game going into PK's after full time. I tuned to watch athletics only to find out on twitter that we had on penalties so I just watched the PK's on youtube. Pinto made two saves.
Yeah, thanks. He knew he could have done better with ibra's normal time weak attempt from the spot. Glad he salvaged himself, eventually.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
I'm quite unhappy that Santi Carzola
have left laliga for Arsenal FC. With him around,
we could guarantee that some
club could still succeed in their bid to
compete with Barca and
Moudrid. Now his gone, it'll be
'to your tents oh! Isreal'. Pity!!
It was a shame Malaga could not
keep him. Their punching above
their weight have finally caught
up with them. We thought they
had money! Maybe some fake
Qatari investor,invested or Spain
poor economic situation was
finally taking it tolls! Again, it is a one big
shame! With this move, i fear he may have kissed whatever minute there was left for him to grab in national team, a resounding goodbye. Thiago 'll finally get good playing time.
Nevertheless, I wish Arsenal and him to live
happily ever after!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 2:49pm On Aug 07, 2012
Yet more signings for the B team. Sergio Juste, a right-back and former youth team player has been signed from Gimnastic Tarragona.

Luis Alberto, a striker, has also been signed on loan from Sevilla.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 3:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
Johnpaul88: I'm quite unhappy that Santi Carzola
have left laliga for Arsenal FC. With him around,
we could guarantee that some
club could still succeed in their bid to
compete with Barca and
Moudrid. Now his gone, it'll be
'to your tents oh! Isreal'. Pity!!
It was a shame Malaga could not
keep him. Their punching above
their weight have finally caught
up with them. We thought they
had money! Maybe some fake
Qatari investor,invested or Spain
poor economic situation was
finally taking it tolls! Again, it is a one big
shame! With this move, i fear he may have kissed whatever minute there was left for him to grab in national team, a resounding goodbye. Thiago 'll finally get good playing time.
Nevertheless, I wish Arsenal and him to live
happily ever after!
Real shame to see Santi gone. Us and Madrid apart, the other teams can't keep hold of their best players and that's really bad for the league. It's time the did something about the TV money being split equally otherwise it's just gonna get worse.

If Malaga can keep hold of their players, I think they can they still be a force to reckon with. They still have Isco and Joaquin. Baptista is currently out injured but when he returns, that's some fearsome attack they'd be having. They've also got Toulalan, Maresca and Camacho in midfield and their defence isn't bad. They just need to sign a very good striker now. They already sold Rondon to Rubin Kazan.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Yahoo1(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2012
Ok..unto the next friendly..... Fc Barcelona vs Manchester United Fc....august 8
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 07, 2012
@Medjai, i hope they can still compete. I really do! Hope they don't also pull off a Villareal,who, after competing in the highest level (UCL), suffered the most humiliating of all relegation!
Of course, it is high time Barca and Moudrid and Spanish FA and those media houses ,sat around the table to renegoiate that controversial TV deal. It is no longer in their interest that Stars are leaving the league for pastures new. Truth be told, Barca and Moudrid are nothing but some greedy punks, who need their head examined ! It really is a big source of concerned!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2012
medjai: Real shame to see Santi gone. Us and Madrid apart, the other teams can't keep hold of their best players and that's really bad for the league. It's time the did something about the TV money being split equally otherwise it's just gonna get worse.

If Malaga can keep hold of their players, I think they can they still be a force to reckon with. They still have Isco and Joaquin. Baptista is currently out injured but when he returns, that's some fearsome attack they'd be having. They've also got Toulalan, Maresca and Camacho in midfield and their defence isn't bad. They just need to sign a very good striker now. They already sold Rondon to Rubin Kazan.

I wouldn't bother too much about the likes of Malaga. Without Santi, they will still compete well with the rest of the league.
With him, Barca put 4-1 on them both ways, and Madrid put a 0-4 on them at home. They were able to pull a point off Madrid at the Bernabeu though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 1:06am On Aug 08, 2012
The Song rumours are gathering momentum. I think he would make a good signing. I was against us signing Martinez. Athletic's asking price of €40m is just outrageous and even though he is a better player than Song, I feel Song would offer us something different - grit, directness, craft, physicality - and add some sort of variety to our play and he'll come at a lesser price. He'd make a more sensible signing than Martinez. He's very versatile. He can play DM, CM, CB and he's got fantastic vision. He can play the final pass. He played the most through balls in the EPL last season. He's quality IMO.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by KayDee4: 1:40am On Aug 08, 2012
medjai: The Song rumours are gathering momentum. I think he would make a good signing. I was against us signing Martinez. Athletic's asking price of €40m is just outrageous and even though he is a better player than Song, I feel Song would offer us something different - grit, directness, craft, physicality - and add some sort of variety to our play and he'll come at a lesser price. He'd make a more sensible signing than Martinez. He's very versatile. He can play DM, CM, CB and he's got fantastic vision. He can play the final pass. He played the most through balls in the EPL last season. He's quality IMO.
[size=13pt] Una wan thief am ? [/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (6187) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.