Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? (5608 Views)

Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? / DREAM: What God Reveal To Me About Nigeria / The Future Of A Nigerian Child, What Does It Look Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by OmoTier1(m): 10:12pm On May 17, 2011
Often, most NAIRALANDERS spend several man-hours insulting and castigating  leaders/leadership  in Nigeria, and rightly so, such action may or may not be justified depending the type of 'goggle' you use to peruse the issue.

But then I thought I could also throw a challenge to nairalanders to give a picture of the nigeria of thier dreams and possibily how such can be realized given the present day composition of nigeria - No wishful thinking but real practical and achievable "dreams" that can help grow our 'common wealth' for generations yet unborn.
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by silverstud: 10:46pm On May 17, 2011
SOUTHEAST NIGERIA WILL LOOK LIKE AMERICA -TRUE CAPITALIST
SOUTHWEST NIGERIA WILL LOOK LIKE BRITAIN - SOPHISTICATED
SOUTHSOUTH NIGERIA WILL LOOK LIKE FRANCE - VERY INDEPENDENT
NORTHERN NIGERIA WILL LOOK LIKE TURKEY - ADVANCED MUSLIM COUNTRY
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by Nobody: 11:49am On May 18, 2011
dead on arrival
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 18, 2011
Regular water supply,
Stable electricity.
affordable internet,
Responsible government.
No Corruption.

That would make the Nigeria of my dreams.
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by Ojumiii(m): 12:07pm On May 18, 2011
A true united nation where people are choose based on the content of there character,
where true leadership and followreship is the order of the day irrespective of religion, ethnic or tribal affiliation,
where Nigerians will be respected on a global seen,
where it will be safer to duel in Nigeria than any where else
and finally where state affiliation will be removed totally and we will all be Nigerians not geopolitical zone e.t.c.
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by babaowo: 12:13pm On May 18, 2011
fool when war go begin start like pakistan,you dey talk of dream? Dream ko vision ni
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by emofine(f): 12:14pm On May 18, 2011
silverstud:

SOUTHEAST NIGERIA WILL LOOK LIKE AMERICA -TRUE CAPITALIST
SOUTHWEST NIGERIA WILL LOOK LIKE BRITAIN - SOPHISTICATED
SOUTHSOUTH NIGERIA WILL LOOK LIKE FRANCE - VERY INDEPENDENT
NORTHERN NIGERIA WILL LOOK LIKE TURKEY - ADVANCED MUSLIM COUNTRY

Please o let South South never look like France
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:19pm On May 18, 2011
The Nigeria of my dream is better shown in pictures.

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:20pm On May 18, 2011
Good roads

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:21pm On May 18, 2011
Affordable Housing

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2011
Just this!

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:24pm On May 18, 2011
Like this

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2011
Then

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:33pm On May 18, 2011
Good university Education

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by brainpulse: 12:36pm On May 18, 2011
smileyNigeria of my dream is still in my dream cry
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:38pm On May 18, 2011
Functioning and functional hopitals

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:39pm On May 18, 2011
Just this!

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by chamber2(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2011
Security

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by SmashingM(f): 12:53pm On May 18, 2011
The Nigeria of my dreams will be a country where would be leaders will be voted for based on thier manifesto and not on their political party or ethnicity. A place where an accident victim's health will be a top priority instead of police report, a country that is concerned about her citizens within and outside, where workers salaries are paid on time. I can go on and on but i guess it'll probably be in many years to come before the dreams are actualised.
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by aljharem3: 1:08pm On May 18, 2011
A nigeria of my dreams will be a nigeria where christians and muslims can leave in peace without any riot

a place where north and south can be one

a place where no group will try to dominate the other

a place where there is peace and security

a place where we have affordiabel constant electricity

a place where every one is happy to be
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by MMM2(m): 1:23pm On May 18, 2011
heaven on earth.
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by aljharem3: 1:29pm On May 18, 2011
chamber

thank you, that is the nigeria of my dreams
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by 1025: 1:35pm On May 18, 2011
before i start dreaming, i wld want to start by reminding us that for ghana to start a new life, some old criminals were deleted from their system by Jerry Rawlings. in china, public criminals(public office holder who steal - like bode george) face public execution. in america, the law is above everybody no matter ur status. in south africa, there is a man called nelson mandela - he was in jail for 27 yrs and when he won election, he only ruled for 4yrs and retired from active politics.
nairalanders, how will a bank manager feel if he knows that Bode George and Obasanjo were both killed for stealing public funds? how will a contractor feel knowing that other irresponsible contractors are in jail?
for me to dream, let us kill corruption first so that i can dream of a nigeria where politics will not be the easiest way to riches.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by Ngodigha: 1:36pm On May 18, 2011
alj_harem:

A nigeria of my dreams will be a nigeria where christians and muslims can leave in peace without any riot

a place where north and south can be one

a place where no group will try to dominate the other

a place where there is peace and security

a place where we have affordiabel constant electricity

a place where every one is happy to be
Alh Uche, you are a very nice person, pardon me for my mistake in the other thread.
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by hackney(m): 1:58pm On May 18, 2011
A place where there are incorrigible and effective checks on corruption.
also where ppl are appointed or selected based purely on abilities.

with these,all other things will usually fall into place.
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by lexicon(m): 2:52pm On May 18, 2011
1025:

before i start dreaming, i wld want to start by reminding us that for ghana to start a new life, some old criminals were deleted from their system by Jerry Rawlings. in china, public criminals(public office holder who steal - like bode george) face public execution. in america, the law is above everybody no matter your status. in south africa, there is a man called nelson mandela - he was in jail for 27 yrs and when he won election, he only ruled for 4yrs and retired from active politics.
nairalanders, how will a bank manager feel if he knows that Bode George and Obasanjo were both killed for stealing public funds? how will a contractor feel knowing that other irresponsible contractors are in jail?
for me to dream, let us kill corruption first so that i can dream of a nigeria where politics will not be the easiest way to riches.

Just exactly what i'am abt to say . . . . otherwise, the dream can NEVER become a reality. cry
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by denaija(m): 3:46pm On May 18, 2011
where only 6 months upfront will be demanded for rent
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by 3kay945(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2011
Nija of my dream is when people start behaving like me, it will be a perfect place on earth.
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by Desola(f): 4:11pm On May 18, 2011
DEATH to nigeria, RENAISSANCE TO OODULAND!!!
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by Ojumiii(m): 4:16pm On May 18, 2011
Alh Uche, you are a very nice person, pardon me for my mistake in the other thread.

Nigeria of my dream, where people can truely say that i am sorry
Re: Nigeria Of Your Dream : What Does It Look Like? by Trueyans: 4:47pm On May 18, 2011
the nigeria of my dream is when every where is better looking than even dubai that even a berger can work into a restaurant and eat good food with only 20 kobo ;d.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abacha's Son shot In The Stomach / Ofodirinwa's Challenge: Post 1 Buhari Project And I'll Stop Posting For A Month. / What If The Niger Delta Militants Launch The Missiles...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.